Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just back 20:00 - Jan 1 with 6354 viewsBlackCrowe

In no particular order.

- Good first half performance, Hoillett and Matty causing problems on the wings
- Bruce sorted it out at half time and had 2 or 3 players on them in the second half every time they got near the ball
- Poulter looked hopeless but his goal was excellent from a great cross
- The cheering from Q and P blocks as Henry walked off the pitch was poor. He'd had a pretty solid game and the switch was tactical
- Chery looked good but still bottles the 50/50 balls
- The team is so much more organised under JFH - i have confidence that it will come good but we need a change of goalkeeper, more creativity in midfield and someone to either partner or cover for Chas (as JET and Poulter don't seem to be the answer at the moment.
- Need to see the replays for Hull's goals. Henry at fault for the first giving the ball away cheaply on the halfway line but the actual strike seemed to travel at 5 mph and i couldn't believe Green couldn't get to it but that may be harsh. The second goal was an utter cock up but could tell whether it was Green or Hall at fault or both.
- Draw would've been a fair result.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Just back on 10:28 - Jan 2 with 1438 viewsrosseeles

A quick summary from my perspective....very interesting how so many peoples differ as well.

1st half was ok, game was 50/50 , a little sloppy and a lack of pace, understandable during a very busy period. Second half was a shocker, passing was terrible, pace was slower than the first half, no idea what happened at half time.

Apart from Phillips, Hall and polter not sure anyone else comes away with any credit.

Must say Grant Hall for me is the signing of the season. Looks tidy, works his backside off and scarily seems to want to win matches. Polter was great as well....not technically great, he looks pretty poor there, but worked hard and would have benefited massively from having a strike partner, rather than chery who seems scared of his own shadow currently
Just back on 10:45 - Jan 2 with 1415 viewsderbyhoop

I can't say I am surprised nor disappointed at the result. Stats about our home record and Hull's poor away form pointed to an away win. Going into the game we were 15th and they were 3rd.
I didn't think there was too much between the sides, especially first half. We were very quick to close down options when we didn't have the ball, but we lack the fitness to sustain that for 90 minutes, so they were the better side as the game wore on. In fact, they were stronger over the park for the whole game. I lost count that number of times Henry, Hoilett and Chery were brushed aside. Henry, losing possession led to the first goal.
At the moment the sum of the parts is not as good as the individuals would suggest and, if we are to beat the better sides in this league we need 10 of the 11 playing well. Yesterday I thought Green, Onouha, Henry, Hoillett and Chery were all off the pace.
Green has been a very decent keeper but, to me, he doesn't move his feet quickly enough any more. Onouha cannot play RB very well, Hoillett runs down too many blind alleys and Chery is weak.
The positives were that Angella, Hall (apart from the cock up over the goal) and Konch played fairly well. Faurlin is still our best midfielder, Phillips plays well in patches and Polter, while looking like Bambi on ice, is an effective battering ram.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Just back on 11:28 - Jan 2 with 1372 viewsWeaverQPR

Just back on 10:19 - Jan 2 by paulparker

That would be the same NW who was slagged off , called a crook and a snitch , etc
And the same Kevin Blackwell who caused this MB to go into meltdown when appointed number 2
And again was called all the names under the sun
I wonder if those two wins they picked up in 4 weeks will be the points that keep us up at the end of the season

Yeh that's them Parker the two footballing dinosaurs I believe they got called.

@WeavQPR

Just back on 12:03 - Jan 2 with 1334 viewsactonman

Started well I thought and slowly got worse and worse throughout. The lack of decent full backs that can get up and down the pitch working with the wingers is killing our wide game.
When we got a decent cross in the box, the big German bagged one .
Midfield is a fking joke considering we buy 5 midfielders every transfer window ! The amount of times we clear our lines and the ball just goes to the opposition is a joke. The reason for this is I assume that we are so slow and unfit , it is easier to sit back rather than go up and down the pitch.
Strikers ... Not convinced by poster but played in the right way with the right players and he will useful as backup. When Austin goes , we are effectively fcked in that department !
And that brings me to rob green !! The bloke is finished with us. Needs to be put out to somebody else as he just looks as resigned to not giving a sh!t as the rest of us.

So as the managers clearly aren't the problem (their part of it though) we in my view just need

A goalkeeper ( possibly smithies )
2 attacking full backs who can defend
2 midfielders that can get up and down the pitch (luongo ?)
A striker ( fox in the box type ) could cherry play there ?

As for the game and without the tv replays and analysis, thought we deserved the draw as hull wherent all that apart from our now customary end of game collapse !
Just back on 12:36 - Jan 2 with 1295 viewsWeaverQPR

Smithies Luongo Doughty Yun Glad win there at least 4 outfield players who can run

@WeavQPR

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024