Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dineen on twitter 10:51 - Jan 16 with 12486 viewsshandyjack

relegation battlers around us are not strengthening but buying for the sake of it

Poll: Expectation for the season

Dineen on twitter on 14:45 - Jan 16 with 2137 viewsSwanjaxs

Dineen on twitter on 14:34 - Jan 16 by therealme

You seriously think the board have given up and accepted relegation? wtf?

And when you say sign someone meaningful, what does that mean? Throw a load of cash around? because just spending money doesn't guarantee getting the right players and survival

I'll tell you what "sign someone meaningful " means shall I? It means to sign someone meaningful! !! Who said anything about throwing loads of cash around? But for the board just to sit on their hands and do fcuk all while all around us strengthen will end in relegation mate! But hey another two weeks until the window slams shut so you never know. ...

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Dineen on twitter on 14:47 - Jan 16 with 2119 viewsDewi1jack

Dineen on twitter on 14:39 - Jan 16 by QuakerJack

Asking Curt to keep us up, not allowing him any influence over signings? Either that or theyre incompetent...

Throwing money around? 4mil for Austin isnt throwing money around... And on that feller from CSKA with the goal record he has? Any signing is a risk, but his record is very impressive so doesnt that make it worth a gamble?

We took a gamble of around the £12 million mark with Will.
Didn't do too badly out of that one did we?

IMHO you're right.
£4 million for a player who managed to score DESPITE playing for QPhaha.
Not much of a gamble there. Except for his knees, but I don't think he's ever been out with knee problems (maybe that's why he didn't come here )
I think he'd have got at least 7 or 8 between now and the end of the season.
Keep 7 or 8 clean sheets and that would be 21 to 24 points.
Or maybe draws instead of losses.
Every little helps!

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Dineen on twitter on 14:47 - Jan 16 with 2114 viewsdobjack2

Dineen on twitter on 14:34 - Jan 16 by therealme

You seriously think the board have given up and accepted relegation? wtf?

And when you say sign someone meaningful, what does that mean? Throw a load of cash around? because just spending money doesn't guarantee getting the right players and survival

We supposedly had targets identified months ago, even if we needed to sell before we brought anyone in we have sold JJS, we haven't got any loan signings.

As we are in the shirt it would have been reasonable to have expected reinforcements by now unless there is something serious going wrong behind the scenes that no amount of hard work can solve.
Dineen on twitter on 14:51 - Jan 16 with 2085 viewsMorganator100

a bit of perspective.

Sunderland signed Kirchhoff for £1 million and 18 months contract. Injury prone and in 3 years had minimal game time at bot Schalke and B Munich.

Today against Spurs told us why he had minimal game time. Maybe one of the worst debuts in the PL.
Dineen on twitter on 15:16 - Jan 16 with 2015 viewstherealme

Dineen on twitter on 14:39 - Jan 16 by QuakerJack

Asking Curt to keep us up, not allowing him any influence over signings? Either that or theyre incompetent...

Throwing money around? 4mil for Austin isnt throwing money around... And on that feller from CSKA with the goal record he has? Any signing is a risk, but his record is very impressive so doesnt that make it worth a gamble?

Agreed 4mil for Austin is good business, shame he turned us down.

Doumbia - work permit issues if you believe Dineen? is he making up an excuse about work permits to save money? I just can't believe that

Francesco's black and white army ⚪️⚫️

Dineen on twitter on 15:29 - Jan 16 with 1977 viewsbonymine

Dineen on twitter on 14:51 - Jan 16 by Morganator100

a bit of perspective.

Sunderland signed Kirchhoff for £1 million and 18 months contract. Injury prone and in 3 years had minimal game time at bot Schalke and B Munich.

Today against Spurs told us why he had minimal game time. Maybe one of the worst debuts in the PL.

Take your point Martin - now shake the moths out of your wallet and get the f*cking cheque book out is it ? 🤑🤑🤑

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

Dineen on twitter on 15:35 - Jan 16 with 1942 viewsdobjack2

Dineen on twitter on 15:16 - Jan 16 by therealme

Doumbia - work permit issues if you believe Dineen? is he making up an excuse about work permits to save money? I just can't believe that

Ivory Coast are a top 20 Fifa ranked team he made 9 appearances for them in 2015 and they played 12 games but only 1 appearance in 2014 (based on Wikipedia).

For a permit the players team need to be ranked higher than 70 and the player played in 75% of competitive (non friendly matches) over the last 2 years. there are undoubtedly permit issues. He retired from international football in 2014 and made a comeback in 2015 which accounts for the low appearances in 2014.
Dineen on twitter on 15:37 - Jan 16 with 1927 viewsdobjack2

Ivory Coast are a top 20 Fifa ranked team he made 9 appearances for them in 2015 and they played 12 games but only 1 appearance in 2014 (based on Wikipedia).

For a permit the players team need to be ranked higher than 70 and the player played in 75% of competitive (non friendly matches) over the last 2 years. there are undoubtedly permit issues. He retired from international football in 2014 and made a comeback in 2015 which accounts for the low appearances in 2014.
[Post edited 16 Jan 2016 15:38]
Login to get fewer ads

Dineen on twitter on 16:13 - Jan 16 with 1819 viewstherealme

Dineen on twitter on 15:37 - Jan 16 by dobjack2

[Post edited 16 Jan 2016 15:38]

Well there we go

Francesco's black and white army ⚪️⚫️

Dineen on twitter on 16:46 - Jan 16 with 1754 viewsQuakerJack

And Naismith?

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

Dineen on twitter on 17:17 - Jan 16 with 1663 viewsdobjack2

Dineen on twitter on 16:13 - Jan 16 by therealme

Well there we go

9 games in 2014 were either World Cup games or African cup of nations qualifiers. 7 of the 2015 games were either African cup of nations or qualifiers. There were also friendliest that don't count.

I quoted the old rules in the last post: as a top 20 team he would need to have figured in 45% of qualifying games over last 24 months. 8 qualifying games. He played 3 times in 2014 and 9 in 2015 but I can't find out which games he played in.

There may be a permit issue depending on which games he played in
Dineen on twitter on 17:29 - Jan 16 with 1612 viewsChrisSCFC

Dineen on twitter on 11:01 - Jan 16 by AngelRangelQS

"Working hard to make things happen"

Dineen on twitter on 17:33 - Jan 16 with 1578 viewsRevJames

Even if there are permit issues, would you expect your prospective employer to blab personal issues about you across social media if you were considering a job?

It's so unprofessional it's unreal.

Announce nothing until you're in a position to confirm it
Dineen on twitter on 17:43 - Jan 16 with 1534 viewslondonlisa2001

Looks even more stupid now to say that Bournemouth were wrong to spend it on forwards as they need a defender.

Three nil wasn't it?

I may be wrong, but I honestly have never seen a board member of another club say who they think we need to buy, never.
Dineen on twitter on 17:52 - Jan 16 with 1492 viewsFlashberryjack

Dineen on twitter on 17:43 - Jan 16 by londonlisa2001

Looks even more stupid now to say that Bournemouth were wrong to spend it on forwards as they need a defender.

Three nil wasn't it?

I may be wrong, but I honestly have never seen a board member of another club say who they think we need to buy, never.

There's a few on our board that need to give their twitter fingers a rest..... to call them unprofessional is being kind.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Dineen on twitter on 17:53 - Jan 16 with 1484 views1973scott

why do people take to social media and say statements which have no substance what so ever, shocking, absolute joke! wuite worrying too be honest
Dineen on twitter on 17:55 - Jan 16 with 1463 viewsDewi1jack

Dineen on twitter on 16:46 - Jan 16 by QuakerJack

And Naismith?

Work permit issues.

Edit.
Wasn't Afobe only bought to make up the numbers? "Buying for the sake of buying?"
Didn't he get Ballmuffs third?
[Post edited 16 Jan 2016 17:57]

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Dineen on twitter on 17:58 - Jan 16 with 1441 viewsChrisSCFC

Dineen on twitter on 17:55 - Jan 16 by Dewi1jack

Work permit issues.

Edit.
Wasn't Afobe only bought to make up the numbers? "Buying for the sake of buying?"
Didn't he get Ballmuffs third?
[Post edited 16 Jan 2016 17:57]

Dineen on twitter on 18:00 - Jan 16 with 1428 viewsBorojack

Dineen on twitter on 14:51 - Jan 16 by Morganator100

a bit of perspective.

At least he made a debut fat Frank cost 3.5 million plus a nice signing on fee and got tore apart by a League 2 winger.
Eder 5 million not scored yet.
Dont think we can laugh at anyone to be honest.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins be sacked

Dineen on twitter on 18:03 - Jan 16 with 1402 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Dineen on twitter on 11:16 - Jan 16 by shandyjack

leigh dineen ‏@leighdineen 13h13 hours ago

@mark070379 @craigowen15 @marcel1710 @johnvanzweden is it actually strengthening tho. More players to keep happy, not necessarily better
View conversation
0 retweets 0 likes
leigh dineen ‏@leighdineen 13h13 hours ago

@ghstorer @craigowen15 @marcel1710 @johnvanzweden yep. Bmouth 3 strikers when personally i think they need a defender. Each to their own
View conversation
0 retweets 1 like

he also suggests that he's not sure Doumbia is eligable for a work permit and thought journalist would check before they reported stuff.
I'd have thought playing in Italy would mean he had an EU work permit?

The "logic" in his tweet sounds like something in an Orwell novel.

Truly ridiculous.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Dineen on twitter on 18:20 - Jan 16 with 1305 viewsskippyjack

Clean Sheets this season..

Bournemouth 5 clean sheets
Swansea 5 clean sheets

Bournemouth have scored 26
Swansea have scored 19

Bournemouth PL scorers

Wilson (Striker) 5
Murray (Striker) 3
Stanislas (Winger) 3
Gosling (Midfielder) 3
Ritchie (Winger) 2
King (Forward) 2
Daniels (Midfielder) 2
Smith (Defender) 2
Afobe (Striker) 1
Pugh (Midfielder) 1
Cook (Defender) 1

Swansea PL Scorers

Ayew (Winger/Forward) 7
Gomis (Striker) 5
Sigurdsson (Midfielder) 3
Cork (Midfielder) 1
Ki (Midfielder) 1

Bournemouth = 24 points
Swansea = 19 points

They need defenders though mun!.. not strikers mun.. don't panic Leigh.. your dividends will be incoming next season anyway.
[Post edited 16 Jan 2016 18:21]

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Dineen on twitter on 18:53 - Jan 16 with 1220 viewstasmanianjack

I can't believe its taken people so long for the penny to drop about how we find ourselves where we are due to those leading us. Theres been this repeated rebuttal of criticism for people simply due to what they did a decade ago... what have you done for me lately?
The club's commercial department has been a joke since at least the second season in the PL (i guess we should forgive any first year learning curves), the accounts posted in the other threads show it all, we are doing nothing to generate any cash flow and relying upon gate receipts, player sales and TV money.
The irony of all this is some people are said to want to sell their shares and cash in, yet rather than taking jobs they're clearly not qualified for (other than maybe ego), they'd have been more likely to grow their share value and possibly attract a buyer if they'd employed someone who had the requisite experience and knowledge to run a sporting club in a billion dollar league. The gulf between the skill set of a local businessman v. an international sporting team/organisation is vast... anyone who says otherwise is taking the p.
For me, my first concerns came in Krasnador. It was quite clear from the way that some in the clubs hierarchy acted on and viewed that trip, that it was all a bit of a jolly. I doubt key execs in other teams would have been acting in the same way if/when they have the opportunity to be involved in Euro campaigns.
Its all well and good to appreciate what people did a decade ago (thought that of course opens another argument as to who should be credited for what), but the simple fact is that we find ourselves where we are now because we haven't had the right people in the right jobs during our time in the PL. Its a shame. But it also makes me worry about what happens if we go down.... do the same execs think, 'Well we survived multiple years in the PL, we can handle running the club in the Championship, continue on as is......". If so, I'm frightened, when you go down to the Championship nothing is guaranteed and with the significant player turnover for a freshly relegated club, if you can't get your house in order off the pitch, there are many examples of the team not sticking around long in the Champ.
Dineen on twitter on 19:28 - Jan 16 with 1147 viewsFlashberryjack

Dineen on twitter on 18:53 - Jan 16 by tasmanianjack

I can't believe its taken people so long for the penny to drop about how we find ourselves where we are due to those leading us. Theres been this repeated rebuttal of criticism for people simply due to what they did a decade ago... what have you done for me lately?
The club's commercial department has been a joke since at least the second season in the PL (i guess we should forgive any first year learning curves), the accounts posted in the other threads show it all, we are doing nothing to generate any cash flow and relying upon gate receipts, player sales and TV money.
The irony of all this is some people are said to want to sell their shares and cash in, yet rather than taking jobs they're clearly not qualified for (other than maybe ego), they'd have been more likely to grow their share value and possibly attract a buyer if they'd employed someone who had the requisite experience and knowledge to run a sporting club in a billion dollar league. The gulf between the skill set of a local businessman v. an international sporting team/organisation is vast... anyone who says otherwise is taking the p.
For me, my first concerns came in Krasnador. It was quite clear from the way that some in the clubs hierarchy acted on and viewed that trip, that it was all a bit of a jolly. I doubt key execs in other teams would have been acting in the same way if/when they have the opportunity to be involved in Euro campaigns.
Its all well and good to appreciate what people did a decade ago (thought that of course opens another argument as to who should be credited for what), but the simple fact is that we find ourselves where we are now because we haven't had the right people in the right jobs during our time in the PL. Its a shame. But it also makes me worry about what happens if we go down.... do the same execs think, 'Well we survived multiple years in the PL, we can handle running the club in the Championship, continue on as is......". If so, I'm frightened, when you go down to the Championship nothing is guaranteed and with the significant player turnover for a freshly relegated club, if you can't get your house in order off the pitch, there are many examples of the team not sticking around long in the Champ.

I think you're being a little harsh by calling our commercial department a joke......they've got advertising local curry houses down to a fine art.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Dineen on twitter on 19:37 - Jan 16 with 1100 viewsWingstandwood

Dineen on twitter on 18:20 - Jan 16 by skippyjack

Clean Sheets this season..

Bournemouth 5 clean sheets
Swansea 5 clean sheets

Bournemouth have scored 26
Swansea have scored 19

Bournemouth PL scorers

Wilson (Striker) 5
Murray (Striker) 3
Stanislas (Winger) 3
Gosling (Midfielder) 3
Ritchie (Winger) 2
King (Forward) 2
Daniels (Midfielder) 2
Smith (Defender) 2
Afobe (Striker) 1
Pugh (Midfielder) 1
Cook (Defender) 1

Swansea PL Scorers

Ayew (Winger/Forward) 7
Gomis (Striker) 5
Sigurdsson (Midfielder) 3
Cork (Midfielder) 1
Ki (Midfielder) 1

Bournemouth = 24 points
Swansea = 19 points

They need defenders though mun!.. not strikers mun.. don't panic Leigh.. your dividends will be incoming next season anyway.
[Post edited 16 Jan 2016 18:21]

5 goals from all our midfield players after 21 games? That is truly shocking!

Argus!

Dineen on twitter on 19:40 - Jan 16 with 1061 viewsElward

Dineen is one person who i believe was simply in the right place at the right time with a bit of money as the occasions i have spoken to him/asked him something he gave me wrong info and another time when i quized him regarding something with the club he came across as if he didn't have a clue.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024