Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tata 15:48 - Jan 17 with 35714 viewsraynor94

Looks like up to 800 job losses to be announced, 600 at Port Talbot, a devastating blow for the area, let's just hope Tata keep the faith and see these rough times through

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Tata on 01:18 - Apr 1 with 1821 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Tata on 20:25 - Mar 31 by blueytheblue

Well, in that case Chinese steel prices can't be the reason for falling income Tata have found then if it's not fit for most purposes. That's then a misnomer for any debate.

The question then is why Tata steel isn't being used for areas where Chinese steel can't be used.

Chinese steel absolutely ah*t, full of putting cracks and all sorts of longitudinal defects. Probably used by cheap builders to build ah*t that will fall down within ten years

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Tata on 10:53 - Apr 1 with 1720 viewspikeypaul

China produces 4 times the amount of steel than the rest of the world put together.

Some of it may be low grade but they are also capable and do produce higher grades,to say every ton of steel they produce is rubbish is exactly that.

No way is the present government going to seriously protect PT or for that matter the WAG so they need to resign themselves to the inevitable and retrain,relocate,etc.

Ex miner on TV last night said being laid off in the mid 80s was the best thing ever to happen to him he re located to Swindon and his quality of live increased 100%.
[Post edited 1 Apr 2016 10:54]

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Tata on 11:05 - Apr 1 with 1703 viewsraynor94

Tata on 10:53 - Apr 1 by pikeypaul

China produces 4 times the amount of steel than the rest of the world put together.

Some of it may be low grade but they are also capable and do produce higher grades,to say every ton of steel they produce is rubbish is exactly that.

No way is the present government going to seriously protect PT or for that matter the WAG so they need to resign themselves to the inevitable and retrain,relocate,etc.

Ex miner on TV last night said being laid off in the mid 80s was the best thing ever to happen to him he re located to Swindon and his quality of live increased 100%.
[Post edited 1 Apr 2016 10:54]

You are Norman Tebbit and I claim my five pounds, all in all here we could be talking about 40 thousand jobs!

Tata on 11:09 - Apr 1 with 1694 viewsmax936

Tata on 11:05 - Apr 1 by raynor94

You are Norman Tebbit and I claim my five pounds, all in all here we could be talking about 40 thousand jobs!

Innit, it's as simple as retraining and relocating and the World's your oyster mun, dear god.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Tata on 12:05 - Apr 1 with 1647 viewsLohengrin

I find my mind drifting toward the east and imagining somebody asking Putin if he was happy to see Russian steelmaking capability disappear because the Chinese could do it cheaper?

He'd look at the interviewer as if there was something mentally wrong with him.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Tata on 12:20 - Apr 1 with 1627 viewspikeypaul

Tata on 11:05 - Apr 1 by raynor94

Not NT at all just a realist.

What problem do you have with people retraining to a skill that is wanted / needed or relocating were employment is more readily available?

The people that will survive and get on in life are the ones that adapt,sorry if it sounds harsh but
that is how life works.

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧

Tata on 12:37 - Apr 1 with 1602 viewsraynor94

Tata on 12:20 - Apr 1 by pikeypaul

What problem do you have with people retraining to a skill that is wanted / needed or relocating were employment is more readily available?

The people that will survive and get on in life are the ones that adapt,sorry if it sounds harsh but
that is how life works.

But we are talking 40 thousand well paid jobs, where are all these well paid jobs going to come from? 3000 yes 3000 were queuing for a job at Aston Martin, this is before any outcome on Port Talbot

Tata on 12:41 - Apr 1 with 1595 viewslondonlisa2001

that is how life works.

There is a huge difference between a man or woman in their twenties without a family retraining and relocating for a career that will last them another 30 years and a man or woman in their early fifties doing so.

The reality is that someone in their late forties or early fifties will not be able to retrain and relocate because even if they did (leaving their entire life behind) they wouldn't get employed anyway.

Also, following the argument, everyone in the UK would end up living in London and the South East (which is what has happened over the past 40 years anyway hence ridiculous housing prices and enormous social problems etc in this part of the country). The whole policy for at least two generations of leaving a country too focused on one small area both geographically and sector-wise is what has caused such stupid social and economic pressure.

Sadly, exactly the same mistaken policies are now being replicated within Wales itself.

It's just bad politics. Bad for the population and even more unforgivably, bad for the country.
Login to get fewer ads

Tata on 13:37 - Apr 1 with 1547 viewsdickythorpe

that is how life works.

MAgnificent theory!!! But in reality and practice......

We are all differently motivated and our ambitions are totally changeable in relevance to our ages, relationship statuses, health etc etc
Tata on 13:43 - Apr 1 with 1540 viewsKerouac

Lib Dems coming up with pragmatic solutions that others will probably end up taking the credit for;
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-politics-35941221

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

Tata on 13:54 - Apr 1 with 1529 viewspikeypaul

Tata on 13:37 - Apr 1 by dickythorpe

We are all differently motivated and our ambitions are totally changeable in relevance to our ages, relationship statuses, health etc etc

Yes,we are all differently motivated. And I realise it is not as easy for some to change career paths as others but unfortunately it's the way of the world.Nothing stays the same forever.

Tata on 14:39 - Apr 1 with 1503 viewswaynekerr55

"MAgnificent"?

anSKybis?

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Tata on 15:30 - Apr 1 with 1461 viewsLohengrin

Tata on 13:43 - Apr 1 by Kerouac

Lib Dems coming up with pragmatic solutions that others will probably end up taking the credit for;
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-politics-35941221

That idea was first proposed back in 1987 by Sir Melvyn Rosser of the old BSC Board at the time of initial privatisation. I hope Cable isn't trying to pass off another's contructive thoughts as his own.

Tata on 17:12 - Apr 1 with 1390 viewsmax936

You and Lisa are spot on Dicky,
I've been a contractor in there for 12yrs and have been on short time since start of February, I've been Emailing various companies my CV but no sign of me even getting a foot in the door, at 55 its not gonna be easy I know, but its looking impossible at the moment, I've paid a lot of money [to me anyway] to re-do my Gas Safe qualifications and if and when I get them, perhaps I'll get more joy.
As for relocating that's a complete no, no for me with my family issues, so I'm pretty much like many others, but at least I've still got my job at the minute so that's a consolation. there are at least 750 that haven't and the future for thousands more hang in the balance.

In an Ideal World where the sun always shines, it would be as easy as Mr Paul suggests

Tata on 17:17 - Apr 1 with 1381 viewsDarran

Tata on 17:12 - Apr 1 by max936

You and Lisa are spot on Dicky,
I've been a contractor in there for 12yrs and have been on short time since start of February, I've been Emailing various companies my CV but no sign of me even getting a foot in the door, at 55 its not gonna be easy I know, but its looking impossible at the moment, I've paid a lot of money [to me anyway] to re-do my Gas Safe qualifications and if and when I get them, perhaps I'll get more joy.
As for relocating that's a complete no, no for me with my family issues, so I'm pretty much like many others, but at least I've still got my job at the minute so that's a consolation. there are at least 750 that haven't and the future for thousands more hang in the balance.

In an Ideal World where the sun always shines, it would be as easy as Mr Paul suggests

55 my arse.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Tata on 17:26 - Apr 1 with 1369 viewsepaul

Tata on 17:17 - Apr 1 by Darran

55 my arse.

My mate is taking the redundancy been there 37 years, a poxy 29k

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Tata on 17:28 - Apr 1 with 1360 viewsmax936

Tata on 17:26 - Apr 1 by epaul

How old is he Paul under 55?
[Post edited 1 Apr 2016 17:31]

Tata on 17:39 - Apr 1 with 1345 viewsraynor94

He made sure he got his mug on the BBC website and the Mail, before leaving

Tata on 19:34 - Apr 1 with 1256 viewsLoyal

What !
That surely isn't right, fck !

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Tata on 19:45 - Apr 1 with 1248 viewsepaul

Tata on 17:28 - Apr 1 by max936

How old is he Paul under 55?
[Post edited 1 Apr 2016 17:31]

53 Steve, Daz knows him
[Post edited 1 Apr 2016 19:46]

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Tata (n/t) on 19:47 - Apr 1 with 1243 viewsepaul

[Post edited 1 Apr 2016 19:56]

Tata on 19:49 - Apr 1 with 1242 viewsexiledclaseboy

£29k for 37 years service? Is that even legal?

Poll: Tory leader

Tata on 19:58 - Apr 1 with 1221 viewsepaul

Tata on 17:39 - Apr 1 by raynor94

He made sure he got his mug on the BBC website and the Mail, before leaving

Tata on 20:08 - Apr 1 with 1202 viewsDarran

Why's he coming out Paul?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Tata on 20:13 - Apr 1 with 1191 viewsLohengrin

Tata on 20:08 - Apr 1 by Darran

Why's he coming out Paul?

Tired of living a lie?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024