Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tata 15:48 - Jan 17 with 35712 viewsraynor94

Looks like up to 800 job losses to be announced, 600 at Port Talbot, a devastating blow for the area, let's just hope Tata keep the faith and see these rough times through

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Tata on 23:14 - Mar 30 with 2051 viewsDarran

In the last two years China has produced more steel than Britain has in the last 150 years.
What. The. Actual. Fùck?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Tata on 23:33 - Mar 30 with 2025 viewsraynor94

Tata on 23:14 - Mar 30 by Darran

In the last two years China has produced more steel than Britain has in the last 150 years.
What. The. Actual. Fùck?

Heard that just now on the news, absolutely staggering statistic, there really is no future when you hear things like that, impossible to compete

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Tata on 23:41 - Mar 30 with 2012 viewsDarran

Tata on 23:33 - Mar 30 by raynor94

Heard that just now on the news, absolutely staggering statistic, there really is no future when you hear things like that, impossible to compete

I wonder what wages they're on?
Probably a bag of rice and a horse shit sandwich.
Shouldn't be happening.

Tata on 00:01 - Mar 31 with 1985 viewsLohengrin

Tata on 23:33 - Mar 30 by raynor94

European domestic industry shouldn't have to compete with the sweated output of third world and red totalitarian regimes. It ends as anybody with an ounce of foresight can see with a mad race to the bottom.

If disengagement from globalism is a gradual process then we have to take the first steps toward it now. Starting with Steel, starting tomorrow.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Tata on 08:12 - Mar 31 with 1880 viewsdailew

Tata on 23:14 - Mar 30 by Darran

What. The. Actual. Fùck?

Produced more concrete in 3 years than the US did all of last century.

Poll: Would you like Rodgers back as the new manager ?

Tata on 08:17 - Mar 31 with 1873 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Tata on 00:01 - Mar 31 by Lohengrin

European domestic industry shouldn't have to compete with the sweated output of third world and red totalitarian regimes. It ends as anybody with an ounce of foresight can see with a mad race to the bottom.

If disengagement from globalism is a gradual process then we have to take the first steps toward it now. Starting with Steel, starting tomorrow.

I agree. Down with this wretched global communism !

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Tata on 08:43 - Mar 31 with 1855 viewsdailew

Tata on 00:01 - Mar 31 by Lohengrin

Germany, Switzerland, Austria and the Scannies seem to do OK.

World's biggest trade surplus - Germany.

Biggest manufacturer per head of population - Switzerland.

Some people in the UK need to stop blaming external factors.

Tata on 08:49 - Mar 31 with 1849 viewsClinton

It's a tragedy, but I can't see the plant staying open.
When it's gone, put an airport on the land. Great transport connections. It would generate some jobs, at least.
[Post edited 31 Mar 2016 8:50]

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Login to get fewer ads

Tata on 09:10 - Mar 31 with 1827 viewsLohengrin

Tata on 08:43 - Mar 31 by dailew

Germany, Switzerland, Austria and the Scannies seem to do OK.

World's biggest trade surplus - Germany.

Biggest manufacturer per head of population - Switzerland.

Some people in the UK need to stop blaming external factors.

Yes indeed which serves to underscore the point I'm trying to make. Their industry is in rude health precisely because of the parnership balance between public and private domestic investment affording essential protection.

Tata on 09:12 - Mar 31 with 1826 viewsLohengrin

Tata on 08:49 - Mar 31 by Clinton

It's a tragedy, but I can't see the plant staying open.
When it's gone, put an airport on the land. Great transport connections. It would generate some jobs, at least.
[Post edited 31 Mar 2016 8:50]

You never know, if they are really lucky perhaps it could be a chain store with a coffee shop attached.

Tata on 09:23 - Mar 31 with 1808 viewsLohengrin

Tata on 08:17 - Mar 31 by Brynmill_Jack

I agree. Down with this wretched global communism !

My vas pokhoronim!

Tata on 13:48 - Mar 31 with 1714 viewsdailew

Tata on 09:10 - Mar 31 by Lohengrin

Yes indeed which serves to underscore the point I'm trying to make. Their industry is in rude health precisely because of the parnership balance between public and private domestic investment affording essential protection.

But they're still having "to compete with the sweated output of third world and red totalitarian regimes", and are winning.

UK current account deficit announced today and is a record.

You over-entitled Brits still living well beyond your means.

Tata on 13:50 - Mar 31 with 1710 viewsLohengrin

Tata on 13:48 - Mar 31 by dailew

But they're still having "to compete with the sweated output of third world and red totalitarian regimes", and are winning.

It would be inconceivable in France or Germany for foreign produced steel to be used on any government public works scheme.

Here?

Tata on 14:01 - Mar 31 with 1693 viewsdailew

Tata on 13:50 - Mar 31 by Lohengrin

It would be inconceivable in France or Germany for foreign produced steel to be used on any government public works scheme.

Here?

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/ultimate-betrayal-britains-steel-government

"Furious union leaders rounded on the Government after Defence Minister Philip Dunne let slip steel for the fleet of Type 26 frigates could be supplied from abroad with multi-billion pound contracts — denying our own foundries the sort of vital cash that could secure their futures."

Appalling if true.
[Post edited 31 Mar 2016 14:06]

Tata on 14:06 - Mar 31 with 1687 viewsLohengrin

Tata on 14:01 - Mar 31 by dailew

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/ultimate-betrayal-britains-steel-government

"Furious union leaders rounded on the Government after Defence Minister Philip Dunne let slip steel for the fleet of Type 26 frigates could be supplied from abroad with multi-billion pound contracts — denying our own foundries the sort of vital cash that could secure their futures."

Appalling if true.
[Post edited 31 Mar 2016 14:06]

It absolutely beggars belief.

Tata on 15:46 - Mar 31 with 1617 viewsDarran

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3517234/More-3-000-queue-job-new-Aston-M

Tata on 15:47 - Mar 31 with 1613 viewsacejack3065

Tata on 15:46 - Mar 31 by Darran

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3517234/More-3-000-queue-job-new-Aston-M

F**king hell that's an eye opener.
Tata on 15:54 - Mar 31 with 1606 viewsLohengrin

Tata on 15:47 - Mar 31 by acejack3065

F**king hell that's an eye opener.

Why should that come as a surprise?

Tata on 15:58 - Mar 31 with 1599 viewsacejack3065

Tata on 15:54 - Mar 31 by Lohengrin

Why should that come as a surprise?

No it's not a surprise. It's just a bit of a gutter to see those people queuing like that. I've been unemployed recently and I've spent a spell down the job centre. It's grim.

Those pictures conjure up imagery of men in black and white photos, lining up outside the factory gates. Oh how far we've come eh.
Tata on 16:08 - Mar 31 with 1582 viewsFlashberryjack

Tata on 15:46 - Mar 31 by Darran

Lazy Brits queuing for work, what a shocker.....thought we were supposed to be a load of bone idle f*ckers.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Tata on 16:26 - Mar 31 with 1569 viewsLohengrin

Tata on 15:58 - Mar 31 by acejack3065

No it's not a surprise. It's just a bit of a gutter to see those people queuing like that. I've been unemployed recently and I've spent a spell down the job centre. It's grim.

Those pictures conjure up imagery of men in black and white photos, lining up outside the factory gates. Oh how far we've come eh.

I can hear the hoofbeat of history too when I look around now. I'm thinking of the sepia images of Edward VIII at Dowlais in 1936 visiting the site of the silent Iron and Steel works...

"These works brought all these people here. Something must be done to see them working again."
Edward VIII

The parallels echo loud down the decades.

Tata on 16:28 - Mar 31 with 1566 viewsBanosswan

Tata on 13:48 - Mar 31 by dailew

Germany are massive producers of cars. I bet all the steel comes from German factories.

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Tata on 17:36 - Mar 31 with 1521 viewsdailew

Tata on 16:28 - Mar 31 by Banosswan

Germany are massive producers of cars. I bet all the steel comes from German factories.

Industrial electricity costs in Germany are half the UK's.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/industry/11941578/The-perfect-st

"The result is industrial electricity in Britain costs 9.09p per kilowatt hour, according to industry association UK Steel, 4.72p in Germany and 4.08p in France. "

Main source of electricity in Germany is coal (one of the cheapest sources). Shame there's no coalfields in S Wales.

Tata on 17:40 - Mar 31 with 1516 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Tata on 17:36 - Mar 31 by dailew

Industrial electricity costs in Germany are half the UK's.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/industry/11941578/The-perfect-st

"The result is industrial electricity in Britain costs 9.09p per kilowatt hour, according to industry association UK Steel, 4.72p in Germany and 4.08p in France. "

Main source of electricity in Germany is coal (one of the cheapest sources). Shame there's no coalfields in S Wales.

I'm not saying that Scargill was in the right but Thatcher did irreparable damage to the UK economy by going all out to humiliate him. Look at the state we're in now

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Tata on 18:22 - Mar 31 with 1485 viewsmax936

Tata on 14:06 - Mar 31 by Lohengrin

It absolutely beggars belief.

Doesn't really surprise anybody though, they all sit up there in their Ivory Towers and say to the themselves how wonderful life is, oblivious of what life is really about for most us, yet they try to heard saying all the right things, Camoron saying that Britain won't lose the Steel Industry on his watch, yet apart from all his cheap talk, it don't look like he is actually gonna do anything, seems like it can't or won't stem the tide of Chinese steel that's flooding in.

That said, the sad thing is that there's probably little that he or anyone else can do with a business that is losing 300 million a year [the Chinese thing apart] and a business that needs some significant investment, really hope that all isn't lost, but its gonna be a tough ask.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024