Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tata 15:48 - Jan 17 with 35719 viewsraynor94

Looks like up to 800 job losses to be announced, 600 at Port Talbot, a devastating blow for the area, let's just hope Tata keep the faith and see these rough times through

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Tata on 10:22 - Apr 2 with 2417 viewsDarran

Tata on 08:53 - Apr 2 by epaul

Said he's happy to take the redundancy and got something g lined up

Good luck to him.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Tata on 11:19 - Apr 2 with 2341 viewsepaul

Tata on 10:22 - Apr 2 by Darran

Good luck to him.

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Tata on 11:54 - Apr 2 with 2320 viewsCountyJim

Tata on 21:43 - Apr 1 by Lohengrin

He can still take the lump sum when he leaves the company regardless of whether or not he can draw on the monthly payment. I think that's correct.

I phoned BS Pension office yesterday I can draw on my pension at 50 at a great lose mind 27 years paid in I would get about 245 quid a month

Basically you take off 5% every year you are from 65 so I lose 75%
Tata on 13:03 - Apr 2 with 2274 viewsmax936

Tata on 11:54 - Apr 2 by CountyJim

I phoned BS Pension office yesterday I can draw on my pension at 50 at a great lose mind 27 years paid in I would get about 245 quid a month

Bloody hell Jimbo, anymore news on the future of the works and has PR gone as well?

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Tata on 14:01 - Apr 2 with 2229 viewspikeypaul

So approx a grand a month at 65?

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Tata on 14:25 - Apr 2 with 2212 viewsDyfnant

Trostre has been 'over paying' by 30% on what they get from PT, I think they take around 10 - 15% of PT 's output. Imujden in Holland, owned by Tata can supply all Trostre's needs. If PT was nationalised, they immediately lose this customer. There should be 40k people and families across the uk immediately voting to leave Europe in June. May be a case of cutting your nose off regarding financial sector jobs but I can be a spiteful c*nt. One thing for sure, the steel industry is finished in uk if we remain in Europe.

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Tata on 14:36 - Apr 2 with 2196 viewscontroversial_jack

Plus the tax you will pay
Tata on 14:36 - Apr 2 with 2196 viewsmax936

Tata on 14:01 - Apr 2 by pikeypaul

So approx a grand a month at 65?

And your point is?

Login to get fewer ads

Tata on 15:42 - Apr 2 with 2150 viewsDyfnant

I'm a deferred member of the British steel pension scheme and the pension scheme news brief I received last week claimed the scheme to be well funded compared to most uk pension schemes. 85% funded I think it said, audited by KMPG. Well funded to the degree that it wouldn't fall under the government scheme if the company folded.
The main worry here should be Tata trying to avoid their liabilities from redundancy payments

Tata on 21:55 - Apr 2 with 2027 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Tata on 14:25 - Apr 2 by Dyfnant

Trostre has been 'over paying' by 30% on what they get from PT, I think they take around 10 - 15% of PT 's output. Imujden in Holland, owned by Tata can supply all Trostre's needs. If PT was nationalised, they immediately lose this customer. There should be 40k people and families across the uk immediately voting to leave Europe in June. May be a case of cutting your nose off regarding financial sector jobs but I can be a spiteful c*nt. One thing for sure, the steel industry is finished in uk if we remain in Europe.

So if we stay in we'll save the arses of those who dropped this country in the sh*t and got bailed out by the government, so they could victimize the disabled?

In that case "so long, farewell, auf wiedersehn and goodbye " Europa!!!!!

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Tata on 22:53 - Apr 2 with 2006 viewsDarran

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2016/apr/02/port-talbot-steel-german-tata-thy

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Tata on 20:53 - Apr 3 with 1893 viewswaynekerr55

Tata on 22:53 - Apr 2 by Darran

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2016/apr/02/port-talbot-steel-german-tata-thy

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-35955546

Hopefully more interest = more chance to save the place

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Tata on 21:12 - Apr 3 with 1873 viewsmax936

Tata on 20:53 - Apr 3 by waynekerr55

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-35955546

Hopefully more interest = more chance to save the place

He'd use Electric Arc to make steel out of scrap, but it will be at the expense of most of the heavy end because there'll be no need of the coke and other commodities that are used now, the steel produced will also have less uses than the steel made there now, but anything is better than full closure.

Think there will need to be a large investment in modernising the Hot Mill as well so that it could run on Natural Gas, like Trostre and Llanwern, not really sure though, just going on what I've been told.
[Post edited 3 Apr 2016 22:22]

Tata on 22:16 - Apr 3 with 1817 viewsDr_Winston

Tata on 21:12 - Apr 3 by max936

He'd use Electric Arc to make steel out of scrap, but it will be at the expense of most of the heavy end because there'll be no need of the coke and other commodities that are used now, the steel produced will also have less uses than the steel made there now, but anything is better than full closure.

Think there will need to be a large investment in modernising the Hot Mill as well so that it could run on Natural Gas, like Trostre and Llanwern, not really sure though, just going on what I've been told.
[Post edited 3 Apr 2016 22:22]

Heard a while ago that the heavy end was most at risk.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Tata on 22:25 - Apr 3 with 1802 viewsmax936

Tata on 22:16 - Apr 3 by Dr_Winston

Heard a while ago that the heavy end was most at risk.

The general opinion is that the Heavy End could go, could be a massive mistake though, as Port Talbot will then be battling for business with Shotton, Trostre and Llanwern then.

Tata on 07:50 - Apr 4 with 1740 viewsowainglyndwr

Tata on 22:25 - Apr 3 by max936

The general opinion is that the Heavy End could go, could be a massive mistake though, as Port Talbot will then be battling for business with Shotton, Trostre and Llanwern then.

I think by hock or crock the steel works will be saved.
It is too massive a deal for the government to leave go also leaving the uk vulnerable
Tata on 10:27 - Apr 4 with 1683 viewsmonmouth

Tata on 07:50 - Apr 4 by owainglyndwr

I think by hock or crock the steel works will be saved.
It is too massive a deal for the government to leave go also leaving the uk vulnerable

Really?

Have a look at this thoroughly depressing article from Hutton on Government (all colours) behaviour since the early 70s, but particularly the economic zealotry of the asshole Javid. At best it's likely to be a temporary politically expedient sticking plaster.

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/apr/03/tata-steel-industry-sajid-j

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Tata on 10:46 - Apr 4 with 1657 viewsLohengrin

Tata on 10:27 - Apr 4 by monmouth

Really?

Have a look at this thoroughly depressing article from Hutton on Government (all colours) behaviour since the early 70s, but particularly the economic zealotry of the asshole Javid. At best it's likely to be a temporary politically expedient sticking plaster.

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/apr/03/tata-steel-industry-sajid-j

"The only solution is to pay workers in the Steel industry a low wage, with no unions to barter their wages up - and arrest those workers who have the nerve to protest for rights - and to ignore environmental policies and keep on polluting because it's cheaper - just like China does!"

The shape of things to come...

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Tata on 10:48 - Apr 4 with 1651 viewsmonmouth

Tata on 10:46 - Apr 4 by Lohengrin

"The only solution is to pay workers in the Steel industry a low wage, with no unions to barter their wages up - and arrest those workers who have the nerve to protest for rights - and to ignore environmental policies and keep on polluting because it's cheaper - just like China does!"

The shape of things to come...

They'll work harder with a gun in their backs for a bowl of rice a day.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Tata on 12:42 - Apr 4 with 1587 viewsPrivate_Partz

Tata on 10:48 - Apr 4 by monmouth

They'll work harder with a gun in their backs for a bowl of rice a day.

Depressing eh? How about the American 266% surcharge way? Also how about a EU contract clause about workers rights and pay and conditions. If China is mistreating, exploiting or underpaying their workforce then they can do one.
Simplistic I know but we need to look at how other countries protect their industries and adopt best practice. Allowing the free market to run its course just to attract future Chinese investment is folly I would say.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Tata on 13:06 - Apr 4 with 1546 viewsDyfnant

Tata on 12:42 - Apr 4 by Private_Partz

Depressing eh? How about the American 266% surcharge way? Also how about a EU contract clause about workers rights and pay and conditions. If China is mistreating, exploiting or underpaying their workforce then they can do one.
Simplistic I know but we need to look at how other countries protect their industries and adopt best practice. Allowing the free market to run its course just to attract future Chinese investment is folly I would say.

Especially when we're paying through the nose for it anyway. Governments attempted to kill the uk solar PV industry and offers huge subsidies to the Chinese to finance nuclear for us. Successive governments worried about the next term when they should all agree over long term.

Tata on 13:12 - Apr 4 with 1538 viewsLohengrin

Tata on 12:42 - Apr 4 by Private_Partz

To effect meaningful, lasting change a new Movement will have to arise. The Westminster parties remain wedded to "The Market" with Globalisation as an end in itself. That the road toward that end is littered with broken industries and shattered lives seems to matter not a jot. National Parliaments have become reduced to domestic press offices for International Finance.

I'm not saying anything here that everybody doesn't already know .

Tata on 13:30 - Apr 4 with 1520 viewsyescomeon

Tata on 13:12 - Apr 4 by Lohengrin

To effect meaningful, lasting change a new Movement will have to arise. The Westminster parties remain wedded to "The Market" with Globalisation as an end in itself. That the road toward that end is littered with broken industries and shattered lives seems to matter not a jot. National Parliaments have become reduced to domestic press offices for International Finance.

I'm not saying anything here that everybody doesn't already know .

There does seem to be a wave of nationalism reverbarating around Europe at the moment. The reason is no doubt the issue you are highlighting there and the direct and indirect consequences of it. I wonder what will come of it.

Upthecity!

Tata on 13:43 - Apr 4 with 1506 viewsLohengrin

Tata on 13:30 - Apr 4 by yescomeon

There does seem to be a wave of nationalism reverbarating around Europe at the moment. The reason is no doubt the issue you are highlighting there and the direct and indirect consequences of it. I wonder what will come of it.

That stirring is the one thing that provides any hope for the future. The challenge is to ensure it develops along healthy, Pan-European lines and doesn't stumble once more into the cul-de-sac of the too narrow Nationalisms of the past.
[Post edited 4 Apr 2016 13:44]

Tata on 14:25 - Apr 4 with 1455 viewsyescomeon

Tata on 13:43 - Apr 4 by Lohengrin

That stirring is the one thing that provides any hope for the future. The challenge is to ensure it develops along healthy, Pan-European lines and doesn't stumble once more into the cul-de-sac of the too narrow Nationalisms of the past.
[Post edited 4 Apr 2016 13:44]

Here's to hoping, the closing statements from the article resonate with me, being said generation:

"The enfeebled Labour party is unable to press the points home and the Tory party remains transfixed by anti-state, laissez-faire nihilism. I mix rage with sadness for the next generation, and the inheritance it has been left."

Upthecity!

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024