Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Two YearContracts - trouble at Mill 05:34 - Feb 17 with 2616 viewsBallastBoy

I am just wondering if the core players two year contracts may have been one of the reasons for the team’s complacency (in Hills words) over the last couple of months?
Has this relative job security made the key players take their foot off the gas? How has this elite core of preferred players affected the dynamics of the team? Think about it, if you’re a player with a contract due to expire at the end of the season and there appears to be a ‘preferred’ core of player. I wander how this affects the team’s spirits and cohesiveness.

Our current form is relegation fodder, reminds me of the early season under Eyre.
That said, it’s a learning curve for the management team and we should come out of this stronger for the next season.
Two YearContracts - trouble at Mill on 07:30 - Feb 17 with 2505 viewszxcvbnm

Almost the opposite in fact

Lillis, rafferty, rose, Lancashire, Bennett, nml, bunney, eastham all out of contract at the end of the season

McNulty, Henderson, Lund in contract.

Poll: Best loanee keeper

Two YearContracts - trouble at Mill on 09:05 - Feb 17 with 2362 viewsTalkingSutty

Hendersons been probably the player of the season in my book. Often fighting a lone battle he always puts a shift in, pity he has no real quality to support him.
Two YearContracts - trouble at Mill on 20:28 - Feb 17 with 2025 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Agree....Hendo never lets us down.........good lad,good work ethic.
Two YearContracts - trouble at Mill on 20:32 - Feb 17 with 2008 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Two YearContracts - trouble at Mill on 07:30 - Feb 17 by zxcvbnm

Almost the opposite in fact

Lillis, rafferty, rose, Lancashire, Bennett, nml, bunney, eastham all out of contract at the end of the season

McNulty, Henderson, Lund in contract.

Frightening.........the Club really needs a radical clear out this summer.........it should have been done last year.
Two YearContracts - trouble at Mill on 20:42 - Feb 17 with 1979 viewsdingdangblue

Two YearContracts - trouble at Mill on 20:32 - Feb 17 by Yorkshire_Dale

Frightening.........the Club really needs a radical clear out this summer.........it should have been done last year.

Its a bit hard to clear out players under contract.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Two YearContracts - trouble at Mill on 20:45 - Feb 17 with 1965 viewsdalenumber2

Two YearContracts - trouble at Mill on 20:28 - Feb 17 by Yorkshire_Dale

Agree....Hendo never lets us down.........good lad,good work ethic.

He ran his socks off last night - the lonesome figure up front, not getting the assistance he needed. Would love to see Alessandra in the team.
Two YearContracts - trouble at Mill on 20:46 - Feb 17 with 1960 viewsfitzochris

Two YearContracts - trouble at Mill on 20:42 - Feb 17 by dingdangblue

Its a bit hard to clear out players under contract.

True. And as much as a clear out will certainly happen this summer, it's no good doing it if better replacements aren't available.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Two YearContracts - trouble at Mill on 20:48 - Feb 17 with 1951 viewsBrierls

Two YearContracts - trouble at Mill on 20:32 - Feb 17 by Yorkshire_Dale

I remember you saying that in the summer.
Login to get fewer ads

Two YearContracts - trouble at Mill on 20:51 - Feb 17 with 1923 viewsboromat

Most of the problems have been with the short term contract players not coming good. I can't think of one squad player that has come in a staked a claim for a regular start this has meant changes have been often and the 'core players' have suffered as a consequence. It's no wonder we've lacked consistency.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Two YearContracts - trouble at Mill on 20:59 - Feb 17 with 1913 viewsColDale

History would suggest we won't be making huge changes this Summer. There's been a few times we've been expecting it under Hill but its never materialised. It is possible, given it's likely to be the first season under him where we've dropped from the previous season (other than a couple of places), but I think we'll be just as likely to offer reduced deals to the bulk of the existing squad to free up a bit of wages.
Two YearContracts - trouble at Mill on 21:05 - Feb 17 with 1891 viewsTalkingSutty

Two YearContracts - trouble at Mill on 20:59 - Feb 17 by ColDale

History would suggest we won't be making huge changes this Summer. There's been a few times we've been expecting it under Hill but its never materialised. It is possible, given it's likely to be the first season under him where we've dropped from the previous season (other than a couple of places), but I think we'll be just as likely to offer reduced deals to the bulk of the existing squad to free up a bit of wages.

Lets hope your wrong,the squad needs a major overhaul.
Two YearContracts - trouble at Mill on 21:08 - Feb 17 with 1874 viewsfitzochris

Two YearContracts - trouble at Mill on 21:05 - Feb 17 by TalkingSutty

Lets hope your wrong,the squad needs a major overhaul.

It will get one if Hill's targets commit to the club early. Regardless, I think we'll see the end of a few peripheral players.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Two YearContracts - trouble at Mill on 21:22 - Feb 17 with 1832 viewsrochdaleriddler

Two YearContracts - trouble at Mill on 20:59 - Feb 17 by ColDale

if we didnt have so many players that rarely play and are clearly either not good enough, or not in Hill.s plans we could pay more to attract a better , leaner ,keener squad.Hill has ruined Lillis's season, and the perseverence with Mcnulty at Left back when we have left backs available is plain baffling

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Two YearContracts - trouble at Mill on 22:13 - Feb 17 with 1768 viewszxcvbnm

Of the bench last night

Collis, Canavan, rnl, syers are also out of contract

Vincenti, Kennedy, alessandra - under contract.

Poll: Best loanee keeper

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024