Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hindsight is a wonderful thing...... 20:29 - Apr 6 with 8661 viewsVetchfieldpasty

But is this seasons failings solely down to Monk??

I would argue in hindsight Monk went to the board this time last year and requested the following to top up on an already brimming talented squad -

A goalkeeper to keep Fabianski on his toes
A left full back to take over from Taylor
A Winger
A striker

What he got was:
Nordfeldt
Fat Frank
Andre Ayew
Eder

My point is Monk had identified what positions he wanted which was correct in my eyes but feel whoever is in charge of recruitment, think we all agree it wasn't Monk, choose these four. Monk can be forgiven not addressing the Midfield positions as in JJS & Ki we definitely had one of the strongest midfields in the league, no one would have predicted such a decline in both.

So my point is, has anything really changed in recruitment as we can all call for new faces in the pre season but if we don't change the way we recruit we will be back to square one and fighting relegation.

Either that or another shed full of Falkirk U21's........
Hindsight is a wonderful thing...... on 19:11 - Apr 7 with 1345 viewsBarryTownSwam

The first indication of planning for the 3 At The Back era ?
Chester, Ash and AON (a dominant, ball winning, great in the air, hard as nails centre half) with Fernandez and Amat as cover ?
Hindsight is a wonderful thing...... on 19:30 - Apr 7 with 1332 viewsOldjack

There was a massive turn around in commitment and effort once Curt took the helm, that to me says they weren't playing for Gary towards the end , and this in its self was bang out of order for whatever reasons . Fat Frank was the only real disappointment on the recruitment front

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Hindsight is a wonderful thing...... on 19:34 - Apr 7 with 1315 viewsDarran

Hindsight is a wonderful thing...... on 19:00 - Apr 7 by icecoldjack

Thought this thread was about monk?

As for your question,which is irrelevent to this thread, i will try my best to answer.

Good management? may well be, depending on your perspective .Wilf was no where near fit enough for prem football,but unlike monk,laudrup fed him in bit by bit until his fitness and his understanding of how we play came to the fore later in the season.
Yes, good management and was ultimately what kept the Swans in the prem league, a fit firing Bony scoring goals at the right time of the season,Laudrup was right all along,we didn't need to be overly concerned as all the main players were getting fit and returning from injury, and so it proved .

Second up though, was Michu being overplayed? and playing while carrying a career threatning injury? in who's opinion was he being overplayed? Michu has never said anything has he? Michu it seems to me had a problem that was probably the real reason we signed the top scoring la liga midfielder for £2m, and the same reason other bigger teams perhaps didnt go for him. Can we then complain when the inevitable happened?

Ash carries knocks and plays every minute,the only time Pro footballers are free from injury is pre season,Ash even playing when suffering all sorts of illness and injury, and demanding to play!(remember Monk playing him when ill, at a home game ,subbing him early therefore compromising our sub options which were needed from 20 mins into the game ) with tested options like Amat not getting a start and monk having in effect just 2 subs going into the game.

As for Michu being overplayed others may argue he was desperately needed due to the board not signing the players Laudrup wanted in the summer,all of which were within our budget,you could argue the management then took a harsh option to get the best results possible for SCFC and played Michu a bit more often than they wanted to while Wilf was getting up to speed.

Michu, much like Ash normally does, may well have insisted on playing through the pain and maybe felt his best option was to try his best every game for us and face his own consequences later,maybe playing for the Swans under Laudrup really did give him the happiest footballing days,like he siad in his interview, and missing games, when the cliques started forming, was not an option as he felt a need to protect his manager from the back stabbing by helping to put points on the table.

Michu my have decided that smashing fook out the advertising boards while playing was the only way to feel better.?

Why if he was so injured did the medical staff not get involved and stop him from playing? this is their professional duty, as Eva Canero will prove in a big pay out in the coming months against Chelsea in court.

Was Martinez flogging of Pratley bad management in the season we just missed out on the play offs? yes, because Pratley came out and said so!! we at least know the facts on this one, bobby begged prats to delay an operation to help the team, promtly fooked off in the summer and left sousa with a treatment room full of 10 plyers injured!

Michu has never ever said that he was overplayed or played when seriously injured, so to pretend it was bad management when we dont know the exact details is bit of a reach IMO.

Monk had every single chance to succeed,was backed to the hilt by the board to make it work,was the Golden child who walked on water,yet even then still managed to turn a good footballing team into a poor mans version of Stoke under Pulis!

Maybe if we didn't have the likes of Monk dividing the dressing room under Laudrups /Sousas tenure things may have been totally different?
Maybe the wrong clique won through?
Maybe part of Huws review will be to stop listening to the moans of the dressing room and players with certain gripes that taint the overall picture?

Monk ballsed up the easiest job in football plain and simple. He moaned about Sousa,he moaned about Laudrup he then got what he wanted and totally fooked the club up almost to the point where it cost the swans £150m quid.

In fact he should be thanking the board for pulling him out when they did,thus keeping him away from being a future hate figure and a man of infamy !

Curtis got the team playing decent stuff after 2 sessions ffs!! that says everything about Monks management.
[Post edited 7 Apr 2016 19:07]

God you're pathetic.
Move on FFS mun.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Hindsight is a wonderful thing...... on 19:57 - Apr 7 with 1303 viewsexiledclaseboy

Monk did a good job at the start, then it went tits up and he did a sh*t job, then he rightly got sacked. End.

F*ck knows why we have to keep doing this thread with the same oriole saying the same things, including me, I don't know.

Poll: Tory leader

Hindsight is a wonderful thing...... on 19:59 - Apr 7 with 1300 viewsDarran

Hindsight is a wonderful thing...... on 19:57 - Apr 7 by exiledclaseboy

Monk did a good job at the start, then it went tits up and he did a sh*t job, then he rightly got sacked. End.

F*ck knows why we have to keep doing this thread with the same oriole saying the same things, including me, I don't know.

Because some people like to rub it in that they were right from the minute Monk took over.
It's pathetic just f*cking move on.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing...... on 20:01 - Apr 7 with 1299 viewsexiledclaseboy

Hindsight is a wonderful thing...... on 19:59 - Apr 7 by Darran

Because some people like to rub it in that they were right from the minute Monk took over.
It's pathetic just f*cking move on.

Except that they clearly weren't.

Poll: Tory leader

Hindsight is a wonderful thing...... on 20:05 - Apr 7 with 1294 viewsDarran

Hindsight is a wonderful thing...... on 20:01 - Apr 7 by exiledclaseboy

Well yeah you & I know that but just humour them and perhaps they'll f*ck up about it.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing...... on 20:07 - Apr 7 with 1288 viewsicecoldjack

Hindsight is a wonderful thing...... on 20:01 - Apr 7 by exiledclaseboy

Login to get fewer ads

Hindsight is a wonderful thing...... on 20:09 - Apr 7 with 1284 viewsicecoldjack

Hindsight is a wonderful thing...... on 19:34 - Apr 7 by Darran

God you're pathetic.
Move on FFS mun.

I was asked a question so responded .

Take a day off ,you don't have to always be a prick y'know.
Hindsight is a wonderful thing...... on 20:10 - Apr 7 with 1284 viewsDarran

Hindsight is a wonderful thing...... on 20:09 - Apr 7 by icecoldjack

I was asked a question so responded .

Take a day off ,you don't have to always be a prick y'know.

Monks gone Mate you can give it a rest now.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing...... on 20:20 - Apr 7 with 1268 viewsicecoldjack

Hindsight is a wonderful thing...... on 20:10 - Apr 7 by Darran

Monks gone Mate you can give it a rest now.

I think that comment needs to be Addressed to the OP not me.Thanks.
Hindsight is a wonderful thing...... on 20:22 - Apr 7 with 1268 viewsDarran

Hindsight is a wonderful thing...... on 20:20 - Apr 7 by icecoldjack

I think that comment needs to be Addressed to the OP not me.Thanks.

Dear God you're mad.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing...... on 20:31 - Apr 7 with 1260 viewsicecoldjack

Hindsight is a wonderful thing...... on 20:22 - Apr 7 by Darran

Dear God you're mad.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing...... on 20:34 - Apr 7 with 1259 viewsDarran

Hindsight is a wonderful thing...... on 20:31 - Apr 7 by icecoldjack

Anthony you haven't stopped going on about Monk since February 2014 Mate,seriously he won't be coming back you can stop now.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing...... on 20:39 - Apr 7 with 1253 viewsSwaneeRiver

Hindsight is a wonderful thing...... on 20:34 - Apr 7 by Darran

Anthony you haven't stopped going on about Monk since February 2014 Mate,seriously he won't be coming back you can stop now.

"He won't be coming back" - they said that about Tosh and Yorath. TBH I never thought I'd see Alan Curtis picking the side again. Just goes to show you never can tell ....
Hindsight is a wonderful thing...... on 20:53 - Apr 7 with 1240 viewsWingstandwood

Monk will probably get a new managerial post in the Summer!.......But it won't be a job that matches his egotistical sense of entitlement i.e. he will never manage a Premier League Club ever again. And the other three?.......Complete and utter obscurity. It must be bad when as (SWEP columnist) reported Monk phoned to try and have KOL reinstated that just IMO sort of shows what an attractive preposition KOL is going to be to other clubs?

Oh and there is Monks PR-peddler/press agent ummmm sorry I meant Pep? His CV by itself would to any future employer be like a crucifix, sunlight or garlic is to a vampire. The only bloke luckier to have been offered a prestigious role in football was our very own Kevin Cullis?
[Post edited 7 Apr 2016 20:56]

Argus!

Hindsight is a wonderful thing...... on 21:01 - Apr 7 with 1222 viewsDarran

Hindsight is a wonderful thing...... on 20:39 - Apr 7 by SwaneeRiver

"He won't be coming back" - they said that about Tosh and Yorath. TBH I never thought I'd see Alan Curtis picking the side again. Just goes to show you never can tell ....

Monk will never manage Swansea City again.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing...... on 21:32 - Apr 7 with 1162 viewsStarsky

Hindsight is a wonderful thing...... on 19:57 - Apr 7 by exiledclaseboy

I'm not saying the same thing I'm constantly reviewing my stance on this one.
And... It's not beneath me.

It's just the internet, init.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing...... on 21:36 - Apr 7 with 1160 viewsvetchonian

Hindsight is a wonderful thing...... on 19:00 - Apr 7 by icecoldjack

Thought this thread was about monk?

As for your question,which is irrelevent to this thread, i will try my best to answer.

Good management? may well be, depending on your perspective .Wilf was no where near fit enough for prem football,but unlike monk,laudrup fed him in bit by bit until his fitness and his understanding of how we play came to the fore later in the season.
Yes, good management and was ultimately what kept the Swans in the prem league, a fit firing Bony scoring goals at the right time of the season,Laudrup was right all along,we didn't need to be overly concerned as all the main players were getting fit and returning from injury, and so it proved .

Second up though, was Michu being overplayed? and playing while carrying a career threatning injury? in who's opinion was he being overplayed? Michu has never said anything has he? Michu it seems to me had a problem that was probably the real reason we signed the top scoring la liga midfielder for £2m, and the same reason other bigger teams perhaps didnt go for him. Can we then complain when the inevitable happened?

Ash carries knocks and plays every minute,the only time Pro footballers are free from injury is pre season,Ash even playing when suffering all sorts of illness and injury, and demanding to play!(remember Monk playing him when ill, at a home game ,subbing him early therefore compromising our sub options which were needed from 20 mins into the game ) with tested options like Amat not getting a start and monk having in effect just 2 subs going into the game.

As for Michu being overplayed others may argue he was desperately needed due to the board not signing the players Laudrup wanted in the summer,all of which were within our budget,you could argue the management then took a harsh option to get the best results possible for SCFC and played Michu a bit more often than they wanted to while Wilf was getting up to speed.

Michu, much like Ash normally does, may well have insisted on playing through the pain and maybe felt his best option was to try his best every game for us and face his own consequences later,maybe playing for the Swans under Laudrup really did give him the happiest footballing days,like he siad in his interview, and missing games, when the cliques started forming, was not an option as he felt a need to protect his manager from the back stabbing by helping to put points on the table.

Michu my have decided that smashing fook out the advertising boards while playing was the only way to feel better.?

Why if he was so injured did the medical staff not get involved and stop him from playing? this is their professional duty, as Eva Canero will prove in a big pay out in the coming months against Chelsea in court.

Was Martinez flogging of Pratley bad management in the season we just missed out on the play offs? yes, because Pratley came out and said so!! we at least know the facts on this one, bobby begged prats to delay an operation to help the team, promtly fooked off in the summer and left sousa with a treatment room full of 10 plyers injured!

Michu has never ever said that he was overplayed or played when seriously injured, so to pretend it was bad management when we dont know the exact details is bit of a reach IMO.

Monk had every single chance to succeed,was backed to the hilt by the board to make it work,was the Golden child who walked on water,yet even then still managed to turn a good footballing team into a poor mans version of Stoke under Pulis!

Maybe if we didn't have the likes of Monk dividing the dressing room under Laudrups /Sousas tenure things may have been totally different?
Maybe the wrong clique won through?
Maybe part of Huws review will be to stop listening to the moans of the dressing room and players with certain gripes that taint the overall picture?

Monk ballsed up the easiest job in football plain and simple. He moaned about Sousa,he moaned about Laudrup he then got what he wanted and totally fooked the club up almost to the point where it cost the swans £150m quid.

In fact he should be thanking the board for pulling him out when they did,thus keeping him away from being a future hate figure and a man of infamy !

Curtis got the team playing decent stuff after 2 sessions ffs!! that says everything about Monks management.
[Post edited 7 Apr 2016 19:07]

I am not defending Monk I just can't understand why 2 seasons on people are still drooling over Laudrup.
He like Garry made mistakes, it was his reign that introduced the cliques and began the disbanding of the "band of brothers" mentality instilled by Martinez. I am ever grateful to Laudrup for winning us the cup and some scintillating football,but he was not that great whilst we killed west Brom for 45 mins at the Liberty it was a different game in the second half where Steve Clark outfought him we didn't score and they scored a consolation goal.
We need to move on , each manager we have had has contributed to our journey,if people looked at things objectively had we not won the league cup that first season under Laudrup was no different than under Brendan, yes some great results I've opening day at QPR the First half in the earlier mentioned West Brom game but he had his flaws . Yes I never thought I'd see the day a player with Laudrups stature would manage us but whilst he was a great player a great manager he isn't .I will be grateful to him for that day at Wembley but let's move on.

Whose fault is this seAson it's easy the board or our "director of football" . When they made the decision to appoint Monk as manager they sold have insisted he have some experience in his staff or at least a Grahame Jones type who could do the things needed that would be hard for Gary having just moved from being one of the lads previous management regimes were told Curt had to have an active role in the set up ........Gary ignored this .....maybe HJ thought GM could be his puppet?

My concern we as a club fail to get it right this summer and then like Villa , Newcastle etc who were flirting with relegation as we have this season we find ourselves in the mix for the drop next season.

Thank you Tosh, Hollins,Flynn, Jackett, Roberto, Paulo, Brendan, Mike, and Garry but for f...... Sale let's move on

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Hindsight is a wonderful thing...... on 21:40 - Apr 7 with 1153 viewsDarran

Hindsight is a wonderful thing...... on 21:36 - Apr 7 by vetchonian

I am not defending Monk I just can't understand why 2 seasons on people are still drooling over Laudrup.
He like Garry made mistakes, it was his reign that introduced the cliques and began the disbanding of the "band of brothers" mentality instilled by Martinez. I am ever grateful to Laudrup for winning us the cup and some scintillating football,but he was not that great whilst we killed west Brom for 45 mins at the Liberty it was a different game in the second half where Steve Clark outfought him we didn't score and they scored a consolation goal.
We need to move on , each manager we have had has contributed to our journey,if people looked at things objectively had we not won the league cup that first season under Laudrup was no different than under Brendan, yes some great results I've opening day at QPR the First half in the earlier mentioned West Brom game but he had his flaws . Yes I never thought I'd see the day a player with Laudrups stature would manage us but whilst he was a great player a great manager he isn't .I will be grateful to him for that day at Wembley but let's move on.

Whose fault is this seAson it's easy the board or our "director of football" . When they made the decision to appoint Monk as manager they sold have insisted he have some experience in his staff or at least a Grahame Jones type who could do the things needed that would be hard for Gary having just moved from being one of the lads previous management regimes were told Curt had to have an active role in the set up ........Gary ignored this .....maybe HJ thought GM could be his puppet?

My concern we as a club fail to get it right this summer and then like Villa , Newcastle etc who were flirting with relegation as we have this season we find ourselves in the mix for the drop next season.

Thank you Tosh, Hollins,Flynn, Jackett, Roberto, Paulo, Brendan, Mike, and Garry but for f...... Sale let's move on

You forgot Addison.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing...... on 21:42 - Apr 7 with 1149 viewsvetchonian

Hindsight is a wonderful thing...... on 21:40 - Apr 7 by Darran

You forgot Addison.

And Kevin Cullis

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Hindsight is a wonderful thing...... on 22:22 - Apr 7 with 1121 viewsSwaneeRiver

Hindsight is a wonderful thing...... on 21:42 - Apr 7 by vetchonian

And Kevin Cullis

"One Kevin Cullis" - thank the Lord !
Hindsight is a wonderful thing...... on 23:06 - Apr 7 with 1100 viewsStarsky

Hindsight is a wonderful thing...... on 21:40 - Apr 7 by Darran

You forgot Addison.

And Roy Bentley

It's just the internet, init.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing...... on 23:09 - Apr 7 with 1090 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Hindsight is a wonderful thing...... on 23:06 - Apr 7 by Starsky

And Roy Bentley

And Joe Bradshaw.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Hindsight is a wonderful thing...... on 23:29 - Apr 7 with 1070 viewsmonmouth

and Harry Griffiths.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024