Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hindsight is a wonderful thing...... 20:29 - Apr 6 with 8659 viewsVetchfieldpasty

But is this seasons failings solely down to Monk??

I would argue in hindsight Monk went to the board this time last year and requested the following to top up on an already brimming talented squad -

A goalkeeper to keep Fabianski on his toes
A left full back to take over from Taylor
A Winger
A striker

What he got was:
Nordfeldt
Fat Frank
Andre Ayew
Eder

My point is Monk had identified what positions he wanted which was correct in my eyes but feel whoever is in charge of recruitment, think we all agree it wasn't Monk, choose these four. Monk can be forgiven not addressing the Midfield positions as in JJS & Ki we definitely had one of the strongest midfields in the league, no one would have predicted such a decline in both.

So my point is, has anything really changed in recruitment as we can all call for new faces in the pre season but if we don't change the way we recruit we will be back to square one and fighting relegation.

Either that or another shed full of Falkirk U21's........
Hindsight is a wonderful thing...... on 23:44 - Apr 7 with 1039 viewsTNT

How could you possibly airbrush Colin Appleton from our history?

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

Hindsight is a wonderful thing...... on 23:57 - Apr 7 with 1018 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Hindsight is a wonderful thing...... on 20:01 - Apr 7 by exiledclaseboy

Except that they clearly weren't.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Hindsight is a wonderful thing...... on 10:26 - Apr 8 with 950 viewsvetchonian

Hindsight is a wonderful thing...... on 23:29 - Apr 7 by monmouth

and Harry Griffiths.

I hadnt forgotten Harry but we have a lot to thank him for, but I was concentrating on those managers who brought us achievements close to that of Laudrups winning the cup.
Tosh got us promoted to Div 1 and did it by taking us up from Div 4 ,Flynn prevented us falling out of the league, Jackett took us up ,Roberto et al whop followed all contributed
Yes the "deity" Laudrup won us our first major trophy but otherwise that season was mediocre though for spells but not consistantly we played some great football.
You could include Frankie Burrows for taking us to our first Wembly final ....and winning.
All of these guys achieved highs for us at the time given where we were and each of them made mistakes. It just shows how far we have come .....BUT we wouldnt have got here without Harry

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Hindsight is a wonderful thing...... on 10:48 - Apr 8 with 939 viewsSgorioFruit

in hindsight Monk and Shelvey should not have been talking about champions league football after only 5 games into the season.

School boy error.

Learn from that and move on.

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Hindsight is a wonderful thing...... on 12:27 - Apr 8 with 907 viewsVetchfieldpasty

TBH this wasn't a defend Monk post, this was lets acknowledge the upcoming minefield of player recruitment and moving on unwanted players.

To those that think we don't need at least two starting CM's are deluded, with Ki almost certainly moving on this summer, that would leave us with Jack Cork, Leon, Matty Grimes and Jay Fulton, don't fancy our chances in the Championship with those 4.

Moving on Bafi and Ayew, who has always been a square peg in a round hole, are going to be massive for us to free up salaries, as well as fringe squad players just picking their wages up......Bartley, Marvin et al who are not going to have suitors queuing up around the block for them.

We also need to review our promising youngsters, who tbh apart from Kingsley has shown absolutely nothing in turning even into a squad player nevermind a first team player.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024