Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
AC/DC 12:11 - Apr 17 with 1961 viewsexiled_dictator

have announced that guns 'n' roses frontman axl rose will replace current frontman brian johnson for the remainder of their latest tour.
as good a singer as rose was in the late 80's and early 90's, i don't think he has the ability to replace bj. different singer will give different vocal treatment to fans favourites. may still put on a good performance, but it already feels like a compromise.
i suspect, and hope that this tour will be their final one, and they will hang up the school uniform, dry clean the cap, put away the plectrum and retire the sg. i think the loss of malcolm, and now the inevitable retirement of brian, means that the band should leave the fans wanting more. a tremendous innings, with some great anthems and memories to leave us. just hope they don't spoil it. some bands just know when to stop (queen, led zep, motorhead), and i hope we can remember them for the great music and live performances of the past decades.

It's not what you've got; it's where you stick it.
Poll: Climate Change

AC/DC on 12:13 - Apr 17 with 1959 viewsozexile

That's a shame. Rose will ruin it.
AC/DC on 12:49 - Apr 17 with 1934 viewsbarabajagal

In defence of Motörhead, they only stopped because lemmy died. Agreed that AC/DC with Axel Rose just doesn't seem right. I guess people said that when Bon Scott died too. Now I saw Hawkwind the other day, nearly 50 years on and they're were absolutely brilliant. Some bands go on and on
AC/DC on 15:44 - Apr 17 with 1846 viewsQPRDave

Sad slow death to AC/DC.
Brian replaced Bon Scott very successfully, but no not this bloke ....shame
AC/DC on 16:03 - Apr 17 with 1825 viewsbosh67

To be fair the recent Guns and Roses tour will have sharpened Rose's excellent voice and all the leaping about will prepare him well to get down to his 45 stone fighting weight for AC/DC

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

AC/DC on 09:02 - Apr 18 with 1684 viewsMetallica_Hoop

I'd rather he took Slash,Duff and co to Wembley Stadium.

He's sort of filled in before..

Oh just found this

[Post edited 18 Apr 2016 9:52]

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

AC/DC on 11:38 - Apr 18 with 1622 viewsNW10Hoop

I'm heading to the gig at the Olympic stadium. My initial thoughts are that I'd prefer them to cancel, or at the very least make it clear that they have Brian Johnston's blessing.

Axl Rose is a bit of a w@nker really. If anyone I would have asked Noddy Holder.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024