Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This American take over 11:23 - Jul 17 with 14992 viewsmagicdaps10

Does anyone know when this is going to happen?

Seems to be dragging on now with no real sign of full completion.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

This American take over on 11:28 - Jul 17 with 6646 viewscrix

I think the answer is get a pin and a calendar, close your eyes and go for it. but the way its going I seriously wouldnt be surprised if it goes through the day after the transfer deadline.
This American take over on 12:04 - Jul 17 with 6570 viewsdougie

This American take over on 11:28 - Jul 17 by crix

I think the answer is get a pin and a calendar, close your eyes and go for it. but the way its going I seriously wouldnt be surprised if it goes through the day after the transfer deadline.

Someone on here said there was a press conference middle of this week.
This American take over on 14:07 - Jul 17 with 6414 viewswhiterock

This American take over on 12:04 - Jul 17 by dougie

Someone on here said there was a press conference middle of this week.

Press release Tuesday, press conference Wenesday
This American take over on 14:37 - Jul 17 with 6358 viewsmagicdaps10

Thought i heard 18th/19th of this month.

So i assume the takeover complete Tuesday and then face the press Wed?

I would expect a real push for signings form there on in.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

This American take over on 14:54 - Jul 17 with 6314 viewsLoyal

This American take over on 14:37 - Jul 17 by magicdaps10

Thought i heard 18th/19th of this month.

So i assume the takeover complete Tuesday and then face the press Wed?

I would expect a real push for signings form there on in.

They have no choice otherwise we will be relegated IMO.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

This American take over on 14:58 - Jul 17 with 6301 viewsyescomeon

Surely it's done already as I thought teams couldn't buy players when they are undergoing a board takeover

Upthecity!

This American take over on 20:17 - Jul 17 with 6110 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Something will happen this week in Swansea.

Huw Cooze introduced Melinda and I to Jenkins and Levien last night. Levien sounds pretty committed to doing everything he can floor the club, including stadium expansion. I asked him if he'd watched JTAK to see what it's like when things go wrong with ownership and club supporters in Swansea - he laughed and said "oh yeah I'm well aware" or something to that effect. Down to earth guy - I have a little more faith after last night.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

This American take over on 20:18 - Jul 17 with 6081 viewsJackfath

This American take over on 20:17 - Jul 17 by Tummer_from_Texas

Huw Cooze introduced Melinda and I to Jenkins and Levien last night. Levien sounds pretty committed to doing everything he can floor the club, including stadium expansion. I asked him if he'd watched JTAK to see what it's like when things go wrong with ownership and club supporters in Swansea - he laughed and said "oh yeah I'm well aware" or something to that effect. Down to earth guy - I have a little more faith after last night.

'kinell.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Login to get fewer ads

This American take over on 20:19 - Jul 17 with 6095 viewsraynor94

Another thread on the same subject

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

This American take over on 20:45 - Jul 17 with 6013 viewslondonlisa2001

I don't doubt that he may come across as a nice guy, and I'm sure that he may well have the club's best interests at heart, but I'd have more faith if he was open and honest about where the money's coming from and also how much 'they' intend to invest in the club to do things like expand the stadium and whether they'll do it with debt or by issuing new equity thus diluting the trust.

Let's hope that the press conference we've been told will happen this week (when I say told - no official word of course, but some are saying it is happening) will be illuminating and we can all move forward with a little more faith.
This American take over on 22:14 - Jul 17 with 5859 viewsdobjack2

No disrespect meant to you because you have met the man which is more than I have and probably ever will do but to quote a uk trial from the 60's "he would say that wouldn't he."

He can talk the talk otherwise he wouldn't be where he is today. Honesty and transparency is what is needed now regarding the investors and everything else. we need to move forward with these people like it or not. If we can't do that together with honesty from the soon to be majority shareholders our club is in big trouble.

I hope you are right and really don't want to sound condescending or anything because I respect your posting. I go back to the days of local chairmen where money put into the club was not a gift but a loan where the interest was undoubtedly higher than you would get off a bank. We also had problems with fax machines and would sell players that we needed to progress when it was in the interest of the club to keep them.

Then came The war against petty

So please forgive me if I am someone that is cynical who would count his fingers if I shook hands with any non- trust shareholders. I love this club. STID means something to me especially when we have been 1 game from relegation from the league and 1 game from being thrown out.

Like many others including Huw I have been through the really bad times. I have also seen other clubs sell their souls and then see each subsequent sell on lead them into deeper problems and like many others don't want that to happen to my club.

Time to finish my cider and wait for announcements.
This American take over on 06:00 - Jul 18 with 5729 viewsTummer_from_Texas

dob no disrespect taken at all and appreciate the kind words. Yes, Tony Petty probably came across as a great, committed owner to anyone who met him.

And you don't have to explain your (and most everyone else's) reasons for being cynical. No I wasn't there 14 years ago, but that's never been difficult to comprehend at all.

But it was good seeing my new broseph Jason (just kidding) up in the stands in the 2nd half watching with both Huws and a few players subbed out after the weather delay (FF, MB, JA, KN). Sure it doesn't mean much at all in the big picture, but he didn't really have to be there. Or talk to anybody. He already owns the club.
[Post edited 18 Jul 2016 8:08]

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

This American take over on 12:25 - Jul 18 with 5507 viewsjack247

This American take over on 06:00 - Jul 18 by Tummer_from_Texas

dob no disrespect taken at all and appreciate the kind words. Yes, Tony Petty probably came across as a great, committed owner to anyone who met him.

And you don't have to explain your (and most everyone else's) reasons for being cynical. No I wasn't there 14 years ago, but that's never been difficult to comprehend at all.

But it was good seeing my new broseph Jason (just kidding) up in the stands in the 2nd half watching with both Huws and a few players subbed out after the weather delay (FF, MB, JA, KN). Sure it doesn't mean much at all in the big picture, but he didn't really have to be there. Or talk to anybody. He already owns the club.

Not really, he came across as an egotistical tw@t.

In fairness though, he tried to sack half the first team after one game. Not easy to charm offense your way out of that.
This American take over on 12:32 - Jul 18 with 5475 viewsDafyddHuw

Never forget - these people aren't investing because they love the club (they'd prpobably never heard of us this time last year).
They want to make a profit out of us - that's absolutely the first and last reason that they're here.
This American take over on 12:34 - Jul 18 with 5471 viewsUxbridge

This American take over on 06:00 - Jul 18 by Tummer_from_Texas

Depends how he wants to play it. Shutting yourself away would send a clear message in itself to the fans. As might not engaging the Trust in any meaningful way to date.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

This American take over on 12:50 - Jul 18 with 5428 viewslondonlisa2001

This American take over on 12:34 - Jul 18 by Uxbridge

Depends how he wants to play it. Shutting yourself away would send a clear message in itself to the fans. As might not engaging the Trust in any meaningful way to date.

Don't worry about it Ux - he's seen JTAK..

Of course some might say he'll do whatever he's told to do by the people that actually do own the club... No one seems to think Kaplan was there.
This American take over on 13:03 - Jul 18 with 5395 viewsCopperJack

I am growing rather concerned at the lack of transfer activity. With Joe Allen's move home looking increasingly unlikely with his stock having never been higher (amid shock interest from United), and, once Gomis has gone (good riddance), we'll have no established striker.

Sooner this announcement is made the better so we can press on. But, to be honest, they should be doing this anyway and not waiting for an announcement. That's just a formality to them, letting the public know some of the details which they have been aware of for months. The cogs should be working behind the scenes anyway. I don't think our current squad is good enough for survival - we have even less firepower than last season, and we weren't exactly firing on all cylinders then.

Poll: The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why?

This American take over on 14:08 - Jul 18 with 5293 viewssa3swan

In true tabloid style: 'my sources' tell me the Americans are considering taking over the Ospreys as well.
This American take over on 14:10 - Jul 18 with 5286 viewsjack247

This American take over on 14:08 - Jul 18 by sa3swan

In true tabloid style: 'my sources' tell me the Americans are considering taking over the Ospreys as well.

I may have read this wrong. Is it a serious post or a joke?

If it's serious, do you have any idea why?
This American take over on 14:28 - Jul 18 with 5238 viewsLoyal

Thomson, McClure, Hamer, Lewis, Petty -
Who comes next ?
If they Fck this up they will lose a whole lot of money for sure.
I really do hope he is 'well aware' amd not just using words and a persona to trick people much the same as the list above did and repented at their leisure.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

This American take over on 17:37 - Jul 18 with 5081 viewsBrynmill_Jack

This American take over on 14:10 - Jul 18 by jack247

I may have read this wrong. Is it a serious post or a joke?

If it's serious, do you have any idea why?

Perhaps it will be easier to kick them out of the stadium if Levein owns them

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

This American take over on 19:46 - Jul 18 with 4991 viewsCaliforniaJack

I have to echo Tummer's sentiments on the shares buy out. I too met Jason Levien last week and talked for a minute or two with him. He did inform me that there would be a press release/media event this week to formally announce the share buy out and plans for the club. We talked about the need to grow and nurture the club so that we could all move forward and continue to enjoy supporting OUR premier league club. He gets it - he really does. Obviously he could not disclose too many things to me but was happy to talk about wanting to do his best, asking the fans to stay positive and for all of us to pull in the right direction. Nothing about our conversation overly concerned me, lets hope he can start work on helping us further build our club to be even more competitive.
This American take over on 20:03 - Jul 18 with 4954 viewsmonmouth

This American take over on 19:46 - Jul 18 by CaliforniaJack

I have to echo Tummer's sentiments on the shares buy out. I too met Jason Levien last week and talked for a minute or two with him. He did inform me that there would be a press release/media event this week to formally announce the share buy out and plans for the club. We talked about the need to grow and nurture the club so that we could all move forward and continue to enjoy supporting OUR premier league club. He gets it - he really does. Obviously he could not disclose too many things to me but was happy to talk about wanting to do his best, asking the fans to stay positive and for all of us to pull in the right direction. Nothing about our conversation overly concerned me, lets hope he can start work on helping us further build our club to be even more competitive.

Aye. Maybe he should talk to the Trust then?

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

This American take over on 20:10 - Jul 18 with 4938 viewslondonlisa2001

This American take over on 19:46 - Jul 18 by CaliforniaJack

I'm really sorry if this sounds harsh or dismissive of your comments which I have no doubt are sincere and well meant.

But if this guy 'really got it' he would, at some point during the past 8 months, have spoken to the Trust at great length and in great detail - involved them in discussions, rather than keep things hidden from them.

Edited - sorry Mon, didn't see your post.
[Post edited 18 Jul 2016 20:11]
This American take over on 20:12 - Jul 18 with 4929 viewslondonlisa2001

This American take over on 17:37 - Jul 18 by Brynmill_Jack

Perhaps it will be easier to kick them out of the stadium if Levein owns them

They have the same covenant over the stadium as us.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024