Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Signings and Selections 21:55 - Aug 20 with 3430 viewsSwissdale

For the first time in either of Keith's fantastic tenures of the club, his signings and team selection this season really have me scratching my head. There's always a couple of things that fans can't see that a manager does, but I can't see the justification behind so many decisions at the moment.

Noble-Lazarus. Released, re-signed, and not even seen the bench. One of the most bizarre moves ever, on a limited budget id be interested to know what this is for.

Joe Thompson. I could probably end the post here, but clearly not good enough. I'm almost starting to think there is some nepotism involved?

Jim McNulty. Consistently poor so far this season, and far from convincing last. Others have one poor game and are frozen out for months, yet Jim has played in every game since May 2015.

Ollie Rathbone. Played most pre-season games, and looked impressive, yet to feature this season despite a clear lack of creativity. An out-of-favour left back (Tanser) was even picked ahead of him midweek.

Callum Camps. The best outfield player we had last season, made only fleeting appearances so far, and again, dropped in favour of Tanser midweek.

Last minute goals, and some off form stars (Allen, Hendo, Donal) aren't helping our form, but things like that happen in football. For me there is no excuse for the things I've mentioned above.
Signings and Selections on 22:02 - Aug 20 with 3399 viewsTVOS1907

Noble-Lazarus and Rathbone have both been injured since pre-season.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Signings and Selections on 22:20 - Aug 20 with 3332 viewsSimpkinsLeftPeg

RNL - injured, hence not on the bench.

JT - won't start many games but did OK today until his final ball. I doubt we'd have got better for the money he's probably on. Will always split opinion (personally was a fan in his first spell, but not so keen to see him starting this time around).

McNulty - awful start to the season but in the final ten games or so of last season he was excellent at full back. Maybe a lack of form, it can happen.

Rathbone - his time will come. He's probably found the transition to training in "men's football" difficult, judge this signing again around Christmas.

Camps - had a poor pre-season for me and wouldn't surprise me if talk of a move in the summer has made him lose his focus a little (only natural). Same goes for Allen to be fair. If they stay I think we will see the best of them again from September onwards.

We've played some decent stuff so far this season. Mistakes cost us against P'boro, Sheff U and today. Port Vale was just a poor performance.

If we're still struggling to pick up points in another six games time I'll start to worry. We've started slow under Hill before and been absolutely fine (better than).

Can understand why questions are being asked but I'm more relaxed about it all. We'll go on a good run in September, creep back into the top half and all will be rosy again. Trust.
Signings and Selections on 22:27 - Aug 20 with 3301 viewsSteTsGoldenBoot

Amazingly I was told by a director today that we are are over budget and will need to sell a player.

He did also say I had a downer on Keith Hill when I mentioned that Holness and JT weren't good enough four years ago.

That was before I mentioned that RNL and Bunney had conned contracts out of KH.

Apart from the 3 months that we had Holty, it's been very flat for 18 months and I do get why once die hard fans wait for the team selection before entering the ground.

I shudder to think what would happen if Hilly left.

Everything thats been, has past. The answers in the looking glass!

Signings and Selections on 22:30 - Aug 20 with 3283 viewsTVOS1907

Signings and Selections on 22:27 - Aug 20 by SteTsGoldenBoot

Amazingly I was told by a director today that we are are over budget and will need to sell a player.

He did also say I had a downer on Keith Hill when I mentioned that Holness and JT weren't good enough four years ago.

Apart from the 3 months that we had Holty, it's been very flat for 18 months and I do get why once die hard fans wait for the team selection before entering the ground.

Not disputing anything you say, Ste, but why is a director telling you this?

Signings and Selections on 23:04 - Aug 20 with 3196 viewsSteTsGoldenBoot

Signings and Selections on 22:30 - Aug 20 by TVOS1907

Not disputing anything you say, Ste, but why is a director telling you this?

You'd have to ask him that I suppose?

Everything thats been, has past. The answers in the looking glass!

Signings and Selections on 09:27 - Aug 21 with 2900 viewsnordenblue

Signings and Selections on 22:27 - Aug 20 by SteTsGoldenBoot

Not ideal when the squad clearly needs some quality adding to it nevermind possibly selling someone!!
Signings and Selections on 14:21 - Aug 21 with 2608 viewsParkinsGimp

Signings and Selections on 22:20 - Aug 20 by SimpkinsLeftPeg

RNL - injured, hence not on the bench.

JT - won't start many games but did OK today until his final ball. I doubt we'd have got better for the money he's probably on. Will always split opinion (personally was a fan in his first spell, but not so keen to see him starting this time around).

McNulty - awful start to the season but in the final ten games or so of last season he was excellent at full back. Maybe a lack of form, it can happen.

Rathbone - his time will come. He's probably found the transition to training in "men's football" difficult, judge this signing again around Christmas.

Camps - had a poor pre-season for me and wouldn't surprise me if talk of a move in the summer has made him lose his focus a little (only natural). Same goes for Allen to be fair. If they stay I think we will see the best of them again from September onwards.

We've played some decent stuff so far this season. Mistakes cost us against P'boro, Sheff U and today. Port Vale was just a poor performance.

If we're still struggling to pick up points in another six games time I'll start to worry. We've started slow under Hill before and been absolutely fine (better than).

Can understand why questions are being asked but I'm more relaxed about it all. We'll go on a good run in September, creep back into the top half and all will be rosy again. Trust.

Have to agree with most points there, but sorry JT has always been woeful, its amazing to re-sign a guy who cant pick up a contract at a poor National league level. He has always run around like a lost soul. He brings absolutely nothing to our cause. Same with RNL.
Camps has been shocking this season so far, unable to tackle and his passing very poor, hopefully just a poor spell.
Our result at Sheff Utd looks more in focus now that everyone else is spanking them for fun.
No recruitment of a decent goal scoring centre forward, and the retention of Andrew. I wonder when he feels like scoring again, not any time soon judging by his pathetic misses in last three games.
Signings and Selections on 14:27 - Aug 21 with 2590 viewsRoChDaLe

Signings and Selections on 14:21 - Aug 21 by ParkinsGimp

Have to agree with most points there, but sorry JT has always been woeful, its amazing to re-sign a guy who cant pick up a contract at a poor National league level. He has always run around like a lost soul. He brings absolutely nothing to our cause. Same with RNL.
Camps has been shocking this season so far, unable to tackle and his passing very poor, hopefully just a poor spell.
Our result at Sheff Utd looks more in focus now that everyone else is spanking them for fun.
No recruitment of a decent goal scoring centre forward, and the retention of Andrew. I wonder when he feels like scoring again, not any time soon judging by his pathetic misses in last three games.

you live up to your account name.. you are a complete gimp. Andrew this season has been one of our best players by miles.. won basically every header he's challenged for, set up NML the other week and set up Thompson for a chance he should of scored. I know everyone associates strikers with goals but sometimes you also have to give credit when he might not be hitting the back of the net but he's giving the defenders a tough time and also setting up chances for others.. certainly better than Bunney anyway.

how is anthony elding still in league one?

Login to get fewer ads

Signings and Selections on 16:11 - Aug 21 with 2498 viewsTVOS1907

Signings and Selections on 14:21 - Aug 21 by ParkinsGimp

Sheffield United lost 1-0 at the leaders and lost to a late penalty at Millwall. Southend aside, they're hardly spankings.

Do you honestly think they'll be bottom of the table in May?

Camps has hardly played.

And again, who and where is this goalscoring centre forward you think we can pluck out of thin air?

I know you won't answer...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024