Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Leroy Fer 'we are too good to go down' 19:13 - Oct 16 with 7713 viewsFireboy

Fer has come out on the BBC site and stated that we are too good to go down

Hmmm thanks Leroy you have now put a curse on us you tit
Leroy Fer 'we are too good to go down' on 20:52 - Oct 16 with 1590 viewsmax936

Leroy Fer 'we are too good to go down' on 20:49 - Oct 16 by dickythorpe

At least he doesn't get bullied like the paperweight Ki!!!

FFS what was his national service??? Hopscotch and sushi eating???

I heard he was only there to replace the bog rolls.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Leroy Fer 'we are too good to go down' on 20:54 - Oct 16 with 1577 viewsFireboy

Leroy Fer 'we are too good to go down' on 20:52 - Oct 16 by max936

I heard he was only there to replace the bog rolls.

Too strenuous for the work shy fop
Leroy Fer 'we are too good to go down' on 21:01 - Oct 16 with 1551 viewsGlyn1

He's correct.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Leroy Fer 'we are too good to go down' on 21:03 - Oct 16 with 1536 viewsLoyal

Leroy Fer 'we are too good to go down' on 20:50 - Oct 16 by Rancid

Jay Bothroyd said similar at Cardiff which went tits up.He was an idiot and my comment wasn't exclusive to Swansea players and I haven't a clue why you'd think they were?

Because this is a Swansea forum....
Just a guess 😂

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Leroy Fer 'we are too good to go down' on 21:04 - Oct 16 with 1528 viewsRancid

Leroy Fer 'we are too good to go down' on 21:03 - Oct 16 by Loyal

Because this is a Swansea forum....
Just a guess 😂

Aye alright
Leroy Fer 'we are too good to go down' on 21:04 - Oct 16 with 1528 viewsswanaway

Leroy Fer 'we are too good to go down' on 21:08 - Oct 16 with 1515 viewsWingstandwood

IMO the squad individually on paper is without doubt better than BR's first PL seasons team but the ability to play as a collective unit and with a togetherness and one for all all for one mindset is sadly missing.

Sadly Monk deprogrammed a highly effective playing style and team ethos. I thought FG may have been able to bring back the tika-taka stuff of old once the pressure of relegation was over but it just did not happen.

Argus!

Leroy Fer 'we are too good to go down' on 21:11 - Oct 16 with 1503 viewsFireboy

Leroy Fer 'we are too good to go down' on 21:08 - Oct 16 by Wingstandwood

IMO the squad individually on paper is without doubt better than BR's first PL seasons team but the ability to play as a collective unit and with a togetherness and one for all all for one mindset is sadly missing.

Sadly Monk deprogrammed a highly effective playing style and team ethos. I thought FG may have been able to bring back the tika-taka stuff of old once the pressure of relegation was over but it just did not happen.

You are correct in saying that this squad is better than BR'S 1st season in the PL but that was 5 years ago and all the other PL squads have progressed whereas we haven't at the same rate and that's why along with other several reason we are in this mess
Login to get fewer ads

Leroy Fer 'we are too good to go down' on 21:14 - Oct 16 with 1497 viewsSwanseajill

This thread has reduced fans to scraping the barrel for some individual to blame for losing to a team that has won six games on the trot.
Other threads are the same with many following like sheep.
The squad in general are poor currently, but....a run of fixtures that would make any squad player a bit wary, constant changes of managers would be a pain, selling off the shares giving untried owners a free hand to sell any squad member if the price is right.

I find it repetitive that a loss brings out fans wanting to abuse individual players every time we lose.
The squad, and the staff behind them need to get us going forward, and start putting in a decent shift to get us back up the table where we belong.
Leroy Fer 'we are too good to go down' on 21:17 - Oct 16 with 1489 viewsJackFish

You know what, I'm not convinced the squad is better than our first season.

Fabianski or Vorm?
Naughton/Taylor or Rangel/Taylor
Amat/FF or Ash/Caulker
Anyone two from Cork/Ki/Leon/Fer or Leon of five years ago & Joe Allen
Montero/Barrow or Sinclair/Dyer
Gylfi or Gylfi
Borja/Llorente or Graham

I'd take our strikers now over Graham, even though he had a very good season that year, but otherwise I'm not seeing much improvement, we've definitely gone backwards defensively.
Leroy Fer 'we are too good to go down' on 21:22 - Oct 16 with 1462 viewsTownhill_Hilton

Leroy Fer 'we are too good to go down' on 19:43 - Oct 16 by AnotherJohn

Norwich, QPR... now Swansea? Fer has a track record.

Well he should know then
Leroy Fer 'we are too good to go down' on 22:10 - Oct 16 with 1380 viewsmonmouth

Leroy Fer 'we are too good to go down' on 21:17 - Oct 16 by JackFish

Fabianski or Vorm?
Amat/FF or Ash/Caulker
Gylfi or Gylfi
Borja/Llorente or Graham

I'd take our strikers now over Graham, even though he had a very good season that year, but otherwise I'm not seeing much improvement, we've definitely gone backwards defensively.

Gylfi mk 1 was better too, imo.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Leroy Fer 'we are too good to go down' on 22:11 - Oct 16 with 1378 viewsOptimisticJack

Dangerous statement to make and that has had a habit of biting so many teams on the backside over the years. Up until yesterday in my opinion Leroy has been our most consistent player so far this season. I was very disappointed with his performance against Arsenal. However anyone can have a bad game now and then.
Onwards and upwards.
He seems a character.

Optimisticjack

Leroy Fer 'we are too good to go down' on 22:16 - Oct 16 with 1366 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Fabianski or Vorm?
Amat/FF or Ash/Caulker
Gylfi or Gylfi
Borja/Llorente or Graham

The fact that we've gone bacwards defensively is completely down to the change in style from those days to now.
Under Rodgers we had the personnel to execute a possession game perfectly, thus denying the opposition the ball to hurt us with.
Nowadays we can't keep hold of the ball anywhere near as well and as a result our defence and midfield are under considerable pressure.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Leroy Fer 'we are too good to go down' on 22:19 - Oct 16 with 1354 viewsGowerjack

Disagree

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Leroy Fer 'we are too good to go down' on 22:23 - Oct 16 with 1313 viewsSwanjaxs

Leroy Fer 'we are too good to go down' on 19:29 - Oct 16 by jasper_T

Brave words from a Championship level player.

Jasper.... is the t for TWAAAAT! ?

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Leroy Fer 'we are too good to go down' on 22:28 - Oct 16 with 1294 viewsmax936

Leroy Fer 'we are too good to go down' on 22:16 - Oct 16 by Brynmill_Jack

The fact that we've gone bacwards defensively is completely down to the change in style from those days to now.
Under Rodgers we had the personnel to execute a possession game perfectly, thus denying the opposition the ball to hurt us with.
Nowadays we can't keep hold of the ball anywhere near as well and as a result our defence and midfield are under considerable pressure.

Brynnie, we couldn't cope with times that pressed us hard up the pitch in Rogers days, remember threads and threads on here about us having no plan B or C even, we seemed to implode against teams who did that to us. implode is a tad strong but you get my meaning.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Leroy Fer 'we are too good to go down' on 22:30 - Oct 16 with 1293 viewsmonmouth

Leroy Fer 'we are too good to go down' on 22:16 - Oct 16 by Brynmill_Jack

Oh I don't know, Blackburn, Wolves, QPR, Sunderland, Norwich and Stoke hurt us quite badly. It's easy to get rose tinted and remember Fulham and the like. We had a golden period after Christmas after bumping along before.

Plenty of complaints about how turgid the football was at the time, and how we'd been 'worked out' and had no plan B.

Who's to say we won't have another run like that? We've played 8 games. That's Eight. 30 to go. That's Thirty. If you listen to some (not aimed at you) you'd swear we were already beyond hope.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Leroy Fer 'we are too good to go down' on 22:33 - Oct 16 with 1287 viewsbuilthjack

They sent him up North. He got captured quick. Kim sent him back, said he's no good to us, he can't shoot, and runs from the enemy.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Leroy Fer 'we are too good to go down' on 22:33 - Oct 16 with 1285 viewsLeonisGod

Leroy Fer 'we are too good to go down' on 20:20 - Oct 16 by jackrabbit

Fer's not top class - not many, if any, of our players are, but he has scored some important goals for us this season, has injected some energy and pace into the midfield - admittedly not so much yesterday, but Arsenal are an excellent team that gave us little room - and he gets on the end of crosses into the box, as he did right at the end of yesterday's game. He couldn't get any pace and direction on that particular one because he wasn't set quite right, but he was there in the right place as he has been in other games this season. Personally I think he's had a positive effect on the team and doesn't deserve some of the flak he gets. I appreciate his statement about our prospects because it means he cares what happens to the team. I'm happy that he seems to enjoy being a Swan.

He's got vision and a touch on the ball like none of our other midfielders, but is the laziest (or dopiest) one we've got when it comes to tracking back. If he had Siggy's workrate he'd be a very good player.
Leroy Fer 'we are too good to go down' on 22:42 - Oct 16 with 1261 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Leroy Fer 'we are too good to go down' on 22:30 - Oct 16 by monmouth

Oh I don't know, Blackburn, Wolves, QPR, Sunderland, Norwich and Stoke hurt us quite badly. It's easy to get rose tinted and remember Fulham and the like. We had a golden period after Christmas after bumping along before.

Plenty of complaints about how turgid the football was at the time, and how we'd been 'worked out' and had no plan B.

Who's to say we won't have another run like that? We've played 8 games. That's Eight. 30 to go. That's Thirty. If you listen to some (not aimed at you) you'd swear we were already beyond hope.

Yes but you have to view it in the context that it was our first season in the PL. We didn't have a Michu or a JDG to turn to, just mainly players fresh from the championship and some from league one!
In that regard we done good. If we could control games with that kind of pass and move now which Monk moved us away from we'd be in much better shape.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Leroy Fer 'we are too good to go down' on 22:48 - Oct 16 with 1244 viewskarnataka

Leroy Fer 'we are too good to go down' on 22:33 - Oct 16 by LeonisGod

He's got vision and a touch on the ball like none of our other midfielders, but is the laziest (or dopiest) one we've got when it comes to tracking back. If he had Siggy's workrate he'd be a very good player.

It's the same with all our players and always had been, if they had every attribute a top class player needs, they wouldn't be our players ffs! Fer gives us something none of our other midfielder do and has contributed a decent goal tally so far. No complaints from me. Had probably one of his worst games for us yesterday but it happens and he's been decent in all the others.
Leroy Fer 'we are too good to go down' on 22:59 - Oct 16 with 1223 viewsLeonisGod

Leroy Fer 'we are too good to go down' on 21:11 - Oct 16 by Fireboy

You are correct in saying that this squad is better than BR'S 1st season in the PL but that was 5 years ago and all the other PL squads have progressed whereas we haven't at the same rate and that's why along with other several reason we are in this mess

It's not as if we are still relying on 4 or 5 of those players though, who by now would be slowing down and..........ah. Hm, yep good point 👍
Leroy Fer 'we are too good to go down' on 00:58 - Oct 17 with 1153 viewsLoyal

Fabianski or Vorm?
Amat/FF or Ash/Caulker
Gylfi or Gylfi
Borja/Llorente or Graham

If it wasn't for the obvious institionalided racism of the FA and the manager Nathan would have been a no brainer international when he was at his height. Ripped the England defender Asley Cole apart v Chelsea. Nathan on his day and he had many was the best thing we have had since Leighton James, not that I saw the man play, but by all accounts....

Even Leicester as champions struggle to get their best in the England side, Nathan had no chance.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Leroy Fer 'we are too good to go down' on 06:47 - Oct 17 with 1120 viewsDr_Winston

Leroy Fer 'we are too good to go down' on 22:30 - Oct 16 by monmouth

As soon as we dropped Siggy into the team we improved markedly.

Brendan loved his three central midfielder setup. Great for possession, crap for creating anything. Putting a proper AM into the team gave us a real boost going forward.

Much like the season before when we seemed to kick up a gear after the Dobster dropped back into midfield. Had we done that from seasons start we'd have gone up automatically IMO.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024