Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chairman agrees transfers?! 07:43 - Dec 8 with 3478 viewsswan65split

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38245417
Chairman agrees transfers?! on 07:54 - Dec 8 with 2601 viewsWatchman

We are fully committed to try and make sure we compete

Just the type of rousing passion you need from £500k a year

I am but a dot, but a dot that can cause an earthquake
Blog: Ignorance is not Bliss but it sure is Funny

Chairman agrees transfers?! on 08:24 - Dec 8 with 2534 viewswestside

So the transfer window opens in about three weeks but there's no idea who we're going to try and sign.

Wasn't recruitment supposed to have been reviewed after the summer ?
Chairman agrees transfers?! on 08:32 - Dec 8 with 2491 viewsnavyjack

Why do I have a vision of David Ngog holding a Scarf aloft through gritted teeth?....
Chairman agrees transfers?! on 08:59 - Dec 8 with 2415 viewsraynor94

If we don't get a tidy return from our next five games, it won't matter who we sign in January

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Chairman agrees transfers?! on 09:05 - Dec 8 with 2394 viewsSmellyplumz

Fk off Junkins ewe w@nker

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

Chairman agrees transfers?! on 09:11 - Dec 8 with 2373 viewsPegojack

Chairman agrees transfers?! on 08:59 - Dec 8 by raynor94

If we don't get a tidy return from our next five games, it won't matter who we sign in January

This.

Plus, no decent player who can make a difference is going to sign permanently for a club in our position in January. Our only hope is to get a quality loan player who isn't getting regular game time at his parent club for whatever reason. Few and far between.
Chairman agrees transfers?! on 09:20 - Dec 8 with 2335 viewsjack247

Yep. Kind of puts the kaibosh on any concrete transfer plans, if there was any realistic chance anyway.

Easy for us to make contingency plans for being back in the game or down and out in January, makes it difficult for clubs looking to sell to us though.
Chairman agrees transfers?! on 09:20 - Dec 8 with 2332 viewsFireboy

Totally agree

Foremosty it's a new manager we need and a 2 or 3 players
Login to get fewer ads

Chairman agrees transfers?! on 09:26 - Dec 8 with 2310 viewsmax936

Chairman agrees transfers?! on 09:20 - Dec 8 by jack247

Yep. Kind of puts the kaibosh on any concrete transfer plans, if there was any realistic chance anyway.

Easy for us to make contingency plans for being back in the game or down and out in January, makes it difficult for clubs looking to sell to us though.

We're not adrift yet so there's still some hope, however slim 2 wins and a draw will make all the difference, but that's as positive as it gets.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Chairman agrees transfers?! on 09:29 - Dec 8 with 2294 viewsjack247

Chairman agrees transfers?! on 09:26 - Dec 8 by max936

We're not adrift yet so there's still some hope, however slim 2 wins and a draw will make all the difference, but that's as positive as it gets.

Yeah we are fine subject to a good run in the next 6 games. Lose most of them and we have a mountain to climb. I wish I could say I had confidence in the players and manager
Chairman agrees transfers?! on 09:32 - Dec 8 with 2281 viewsjasper_T

Chairman agrees transfers?! on 08:24 - Dec 8 by westside

So the transfer window opens in about three weeks but there's no idea who we're going to try and sign.

Wasn't recruitment supposed to have been reviewed after the summer ?

Maybe it's just Huw that has no idea who we're signing.
Chairman agrees transfers?! on 09:34 - Dec 8 with 2275 viewsdeanscfc

"One or two signings". I hope that is just a figure of speech. We neet about five. In defence we need at least two to stand a hope of syaying up.
Chairman agrees transfers?! on 09:55 - Dec 8 with 2221 viewsjack247

Chairman agrees transfers?! on 09:34 - Dec 8 by deanscfc

"One or two signings". I hope that is just a figure of speech. We neet about five. In defence we need at least two to stand a hope of syaying up.

I don't think this squad is as bad as it currently looks. It's never going to get into the champions league, but easily good enough to avoid relegation. The priority should be bringing in a manager that knows how to get the best out of the players he has. If we can get that right, one or two signings may be enough.
Chairman agrees transfers?! on 10:29 - Dec 8 with 2135 viewsswan65split

"Our main aim is to make sure we get things right over the next three games and have a few discussions over the next few weeks to make sure we strengthen the team in January."

Does tha mean hes been given till Xmas to improve things or else?
Chairman agrees transfers?! on 10:31 - Dec 8 with 2122 viewsMurph75

Chairman agrees transfers?! on 10:29 - Dec 8 by swan65split

"Our main aim is to make sure we get things right over the next three games and have a few discussions over the next few weeks to make sure we strengthen the team in January."

Does tha mean hes been given till Xmas to improve things or else?

It means he's saying what he thinks we want to hear. In my opinion Bradley will be gone by May. When he does go it will be too late.

The whole of January will involve the club being in prolonged talks with players that don't sign and them then making panic buys like David Ngog in previous windows.
Chairman agrees transfers?! on 10:37 - Dec 8 with 2096 viewsjacksfullaces

whilst I have given up any hope of jenkins showing any contrition of significance, or our new owners turning into anything like knights in shining armor I will suggest jenkins probably can't talk about a transfer blitz in january (if there was one) as he/we need the current crop to get a haul of points over the next few games, and needs them to think they are good enough to turn this situation around.

that is the only defence I am offering him, and will be part of the mob in January calling for his head if (as I expect) 1-2 cheapos arrive.
Chairman agrees transfers?! on 10:43 - Dec 8 with 2074 viewsdeanscfc

Chairman agrees transfers?! on 09:55 - Dec 8 by jack247

I don't think this squad is as bad as it currently looks. It's never going to get into the champions league, but easily good enough to avoid relegation. The priority should be bringing in a manager that knows how to get the best out of the players he has. If we can get that right, one or two signings may be enough.

All I know is that we currently have at least two players starting in our first team who have no business playing in the premier league. I think it's clear that we can't afford to carry players at this level. Guidolin was a decent manager, he has all the experience, but he struggled with a lack of quality in the team. I think it is the mindset we have at Swansea that we can always do things on the cheap which will prove our downfall.
Chairman agrees transfers?! on 10:54 - Dec 8 with 2043 viewsjack247

Chairman agrees transfers?! on 10:43 - Dec 8 by deanscfc

All I know is that we currently have at least two players starting in our first team who have no business playing in the premier league. I think it's clear that we can't afford to carry players at this level. Guidolin was a decent manager, he has all the experience, but he struggled with a lack of quality in the team. I think it is the mindset we have at Swansea that we can always do things on the cheap which will prove our downfall.

I agree. But so do Burnley, Hull, Sunderland, Watford, Middlesbrough and Bournemouth at least. We only have to finish above 3 of them. They may not have links as weak as a couple of ours, but they don't have Fabianskis, Siggys or Llorentes (who would be superb if we played to his strengths) either.

If we swapped managers with West Brom for example I'm sure we would be fine and they would go into freefall.

Don't disagree with your last sentence at all. Our squad was good enough to win a trophy a few seasons ago, almost qualify for Europe via league position the season after that. Now we are arguing about whether they are good enough to finish in the top 17. Penny pinching and poor recruitment.
Chairman agrees transfers?! on 11:29 - Dec 8 with 1980 viewsdeanscfc

Chairman agrees transfers?! on 10:54 - Dec 8 by jack247

I agree. But so do Burnley, Hull, Sunderland, Watford, Middlesbrough and Bournemouth at least. We only have to finish above 3 of them. They may not have links as weak as a couple of ours, but they don't have Fabianskis, Siggys or Llorentes (who would be superb if we played to his strengths) either.

If we swapped managers with West Brom for example I'm sure we would be fine and they would go into freefall.

Don't disagree with your last sentence at all. Our squad was good enough to win a trophy a few seasons ago, almost qualify for Europe via league position the season after that. Now we are arguing about whether they are good enough to finish in the top 17. Penny pinching and poor recruitment.

Fair post. Agree that we also have some very good players...if we aren't going to sign more than a couple then they must at least be in the right area (and pray that Siggy stays fit). I think we all know where that area is.
Chairman agrees transfers?! on 11:54 - Dec 8 with 1955 viewsDafyddHuw

It doesn't matter if we sign 11 world-beaters. If you don't have a manager who knows what he's doing it's all just a waste of time and money.
Chairman agrees transfers?! on 12:25 - Dec 8 with 1890 viewsLoyal

Chairman agrees transfers?! on 11:54 - Dec 8 by DafyddHuw

It doesn't matter if we sign 11 world-beaters. If you don't have a manager who knows what he's doing it's all just a waste of time and money.

When the club were promoted when Hollins was manager I can guarantee you the players were the reason not the manager. Unless of course half the swans players at the time are liars.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Chairman agrees transfers?! on 12:45 - Dec 8 with 1832 viewsjack247

Chairman agrees transfers?! on 12:25 - Dec 8 by Loyal

When the club were promoted when Hollins was manager I can guarantee you the players were the reason not the manager. Unless of course half the swans players at the time are liars.

Quite possibly, but I don't think you can get away with that at PL level
Chairman agrees transfers?! on 12:50 - Dec 8 with 1805 viewsjasper_T

Chairman agrees transfers?! on 10:54 - Dec 8 by jack247

Take a look at that trophy winning squad and see how many of those players are still here (and which ones are now into their 30s). Meaningless comparison.
Chairman agrees transfers?! on 12:56 - Dec 8 with 1784 viewsjack247

Chairman agrees transfers?! on 12:50 - Dec 8 by jasper_T

Take a look at that trophy winning squad and see how many of those players are still here (and which ones are now into their 30s). Meaningless comparison.

You don't think it's valid to compare the Laudrup team to the current one, because some of the players are still here? Weird.
Chairman agrees transfers?! on 14:08 - Dec 8 with 1610 viewsjasper_T

That's not what I wrote.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024