Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stan Bowles Benefit match 12:22 - Jan 6 with 5576 viewsBucks_Ranger

Hi all,

I'm sure most of you are aware of this cause already, a friend of mine has been tirelessly rallying for support for months and has organised the petitions we signed at LR, a Twitter campaign, facebook etc, he has got as far as agreeing a meeting with our very own Lee Hoos next week and just needs one further push to show the club how much it means to us all to help 'Our legend' Stan Bowles and his family for one last time...

If you could all 'like' and share this page it would help enormously..

https://www.facebook.com/StanBenefit/?hc_ref=SEARCH

Many thanks in advance.
Stan Bowles Benefit match on 12:29 - Jan 6 with 5545 viewssmegma

Good luck. I'm still waiting for the Alan McDonald Memorial Match which was promised.
Stan Bowles Benefit match on 12:30 - Jan 6 with 5543 viewsdaveB

Stan Bowles Benefit match on 12:29 - Jan 6 by smegma

Good luck. I'm still waiting for the Alan McDonald Memorial Match which was promised.

Didn't they have a match in Ireland for him?
Stan Bowles Benefit match on 12:31 - Jan 6 with 5533 viewsBucks_Ranger

Could be one of Lee Hoos first decisions since his new appointment?
Stan Bowles Benefit match on 12:34 - Jan 6 with 5521 viewssmegma

Stan Bowles Benefit match on 12:30 - Jan 6 by daveB

Didn't they have a match in Ireland for him?

It had nothing to do with the club though.
Stan Bowles Benefit match on 13:20 - Jan 6 with 5459 viewsenfieldargh

Stan Bowles Benefit match on 12:34 - Jan 6 by smegma

It had nothing to do with the club though.

great piss up though

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Stan Bowles Benefit match on 14:20 - Jan 6 with 5393 views18StoneOfHoop

No QPR involvement in this game,are you sure Smegma?

This might go against the common consensus grain but I think the club has honoured,remembered and helped the families of Stan and Macca to a
pretty decent degree already. Neither of them are gonna be /or have been ignored or snubbed. This is not an Alec Stock situation. The Forever R's initiative seems a very good way of honouring our old stars too.
I think the club is doing more than they've ever done in the past and are doing a good job honouring old players. Many R's Ultras of a certain age might want me shot for heresy but I think a benefit match for Stan is not needed. Enough has been done already and trusts to his family put in place.Thank goodness too for the loving patient care given to him by in particular his daughter Andrea.SB is surely in the top 1% of those receiving the best possible care of the 850,000 sufferers of Alzheimer's in the UK today.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/archives/health/1179564/its-hard-but-dads-not-a-burden-

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

Stan Bowles Benefit match on 14:40 - Jan 6 with 5348 viewsbosh67

I think it is essential that the club and the fans come together to honour the club's most legendary player, especially in his hour of need. This is a chance for QPR to be the family it really is and pack the stands for this benefit game. I would also like the meeting to explore the idea of The South Africa Road Stand being renamed The Stan Bowles Stand in honour of this living legend. I think Lee Hoo's stock, which is already high at the club and with fans, would go through the roof if the club were to name the stand after our hero, as well.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Stan Bowles Benefit match on 14:55 - Jan 6 with 5325 viewsBoston

Stan Bowles Benefit match on 14:20 - Jan 6 by 18StoneOfHoop

This might go against the common consensus grain but I think the club has honoured,remembered and helped the families of Stan and Macca to a
pretty decent degree already. Neither of them are gonna be /or have been ignored or snubbed. This is not an Alec Stock situation. The Forever R's initiative seems a very good way of honouring our old stars too.
I think the club is doing more than they've ever done in the past and are doing a good job honouring old players. Many R's Ultras of a certain age might want me shot for heresy but I think a benefit match for Stan is not needed. Enough has been done already and trusts to his family put in place.Thank goodness too for the loving patient care given to him by in particular his daughter Andrea.SB is surely in the top 1% of those receiving the best possible care of the 850,000 sufferers of Alzheimer's in the UK today.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/archives/health/1179564/its-hard-but-dads-not-a-burden-

850,000! Are they counting those who misplace their specs?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Login to get fewer ads

Stan Bowles Benefit match on 15:12 - Jan 6 with 5285 viewsStanisgod

Stan Bowles Benefit match on 14:55 - Jan 6 by Boston

850,000! Are they counting those who misplace their specs?

Not a disease to joke about unfortunately.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Stan Bowles Benefit match on 23:35 - Jan 6 with 5125 viewssmegma

Stan Bowles Benefit match on 14:20 - Jan 6 by 18StoneOfHoop

The club had nothing to do with the organisation arrangements of the game.
Stan Bowles Benefit match on 23:46 - Jan 6 with 5116 viewsBrightonhoop

I dont understand the Clubs seeming resistance to a game for Stan, what's to meet about? Same for the Stan Bowles stand.
I genuinely just dont get it, what's the Agenda?
It's alien, like Chelscum. Doesn't bode well for the future.
Sort it fcking out QPR!
Stan Bowles Benefit match on 00:07 - Jan 7 with 5092 viewsHollowayRanger

maybe the clubs afraid no one will turn up

I went to stans testimonial match in 1987 it attracted 7000

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Stan Bowles Benefit match on 10:11 - Feb 16 with 4795 viewsBucks_Ranger

Hi all,

As this moves towards fruition is there any Web developers who could help with doing a website to further promote and organise this event?

Thanks all..
Stan Bowles Benefit match on 11:36 - Feb 16 with 4737 viewsbosh67

Stan Bowles Benefit match on 10:11 - Feb 16 by Bucks_Ranger

Hi all,

As this moves towards fruition is there any Web developers who could help with doing a website to further promote and organise this event?

Thanks all..

If you can get someone to help it would probably be best to create it using http://www.wix.com/

One of the questions to put out on the social media site would be - are there any better off QPR fans who would be prepared to underwrite the event (given that the event should wash its face and it would essentially be a temporary loan' to the event and they would get their money back first. Or provide the club with an underwritten assurance that any shortfall would be paid on the basic event fee.

People that may help could be Bill Bailey, Shane Richie, Shaunn Walsh, Martin Clunes, Pete Doherty and Liam Ridgwell. Even Ken bates is a QPR fan.

Another idea, if all else fails, would be to stage a benefit celebrities dinner, in association with the someone like https://www.alzheimers-brace.org - The Stan Bowles QPR dinner night and get Andy Sinton, Les, Ian G etc to come along and be part of that evening. Or stage a comedy benefit night with Bill Bailey, Shaun Walsh, etc.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Stan Bowles Benefit match on 13:56 - Feb 16 with 4666 viewsbirleyshassey

Why should the club fork out anymore for Stan Bowles? If he couldn't look after his wages sponsors etc, and walk past bookmakers racecourses and dog tracks that is his problem. There is no helping this man. I know, knew this man very well Brian wright the milkman gave him tens of thousands plenty of times in my presence but he couldn't be helped. How many times did the club bail him out? His move to Forrest was to repay gambling debts, how many of you have been tapped by him? His girlfriend in Brentford committed suicide due to his gambling, let's all buy a ticket to generate funds for him to fill Manchester bookies tills. He has had enough from QPR and the fans and people of west London. Even when he was given a job in a tile shop he fleeced the till to go to Ladbrokes. Great footballer but a selfish addicted gambler at the same time.
Stan Bowles Benefit match on 15:19 - Feb 16 with 4628 viewsBoston

In 1987, in reward for his seven years at QPR, Stan had a testimonial that attracted seven thousand people and resulted in him pocketing seventeen thousand pounds. You know he'd be running out the door to place a bet if he read that.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Stan Bowles Benefit match on 19:19 - Feb 16 with 4537 viewsNoDiddley

The man's ill for fcuks sake & if QPR fans want to support him let them do it. No need to raise his addiction/past etc. He's not Gazza & how much as he received from well wishers.
Stan Bowles Benefit match on 21:09 - Feb 16 with 4458 viewsconnell10

Stan Bowles Benefit match on 13:56 - Feb 16 by birleyshassey

Why should the club fork out anymore for Stan Bowles? If he couldn't look after his wages sponsors etc, and walk past bookmakers racecourses and dog tracks that is his problem. There is no helping this man. I know, knew this man very well Brian wright the milkman gave him tens of thousands plenty of times in my presence but he couldn't be helped. How many times did the club bail him out? His move to Forrest was to repay gambling debts, how many of you have been tapped by him? His girlfriend in Brentford committed suicide due to his gambling, let's all buy a ticket to generate funds for him to fill Manchester bookies tills. He has had enough from QPR and the fans and people of west London. Even when he was given a job in a tile shop he fleeced the till to go to Ladbrokes. Great footballer but a selfish addicted gambler at the same time.

Why help him, well because the bloke is ill and he is my footballing hero! If you don't want to help fair enough but I want to help him and I will.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024