Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chico 19:55 - Jan 18 with 6119 viewsshandyjack

Always tweeting about us and retweeting ppl asking him to come back. Could he be the commanding personality/leader we are after at the back? I know sometimes his antics were embarrassing but he sure could defend and play

Poll: Expectation for the season

Chico on 13:15 - Jan 19 with 1214 viewsLeonWasGod

Chico on 12:49 - Jan 19 by Highjack

Lots on here said he wasn't good enough for us and wouldn't get in our team because he had only played in Scotland.

That's true, I remember that. But I can't remember who was saying it. I reckon 99% of what's talked about on here turns out to be a load of b0llox though.
Chico on 13:39 - Jan 19 with 1186 viewsDarran

Chico on 13:15 - Jan 19 by LeonWasGod

That's true, I remember that. But I can't remember who was saying it. I reckon 99% of what's talked about on here turns out to be a load of b0llox though.

lol

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/forum/148530/swans-join-others

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Chico on 19:23 - Jan 19 with 1066 viewsJBT95

I've never been happier to see a player leave.

He was a c*ck.
Chico on 19:30 - Jan 19 with 1054 viewsLeonWasGod

Chico on 13:39 - Jan 19 by Darran

lol

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/forum/148530/swans-join-others

That's just one thread. There were definitely people questioning it because of the Scottish link. Buggered if I'm going to trawl through posts from 2 years ago though.
Chico on 19:47 - Jan 19 with 1040 viewsDyfnant

Chico on 19:23 - Jan 19 by JBT95

He was a c*ck.

Not half as much as your bum chum Taylor

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Chico on 19:54 - Jan 19 with 1024 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Chico on 09:49 - Jan 19 by Dyfnant

The only defender that offers a goal threat is VD Hoorn, Chico did that and has far more experience. Couldn't say I've ever really given a crap about the theatrics

Well VDH has scored 1 and Alfie has scored 1.
One of Chico's best defensive attributes was his Anticipation, his interceptions were brilliant.
Chico on 21:18 - Jan 19 with 985 viewsdeanscfc

Could be a clown with thr play acting but he gave it his all. Even in attack he would be there getting forward at set pieces etc. The spaniards that Laudrup brought had passion.
Chico on 21:21 - Jan 19 with 972 viewsDarran

Chico on 21:18 - Jan 19 by deanscfc

Could be a clown with thr play acting but he gave it his all. Even in attack he would be there getting forward at set pieces etc. The spaniards that Laudrup brought had passion.

All of them?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Login to get fewer ads

Chico on 23:05 - Jan 19 with 905 viewsswancity

Chico on 07:37 - Jan 19 by Dr_Winston

He was. Not sure he still would be after two years in the desert.

Still, downgrading from Flores to Fernandez and ending up at least £4m out of pocket on the deal is a shining example of the kind of idiocy that's infected the decision making processes at the club over the last several years.

In your opinion Jobs

And in my opinion Flores isn't anywhere near as good as Fernandez. Not as a centre back anyway. Better as an extra in Emmerdale Farm possibly but not as a centre half anyway.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Chico on 00:38 - Jan 20 with 853 viewsItchySphincter

Chico on 19:23 - Jan 19 by JBT95

He was a c*ck.

What about Jazzley? Surely you were happier to see a crap footballer leave the club?

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Chico on 04:23 - Jan 20 with 820 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

The second best defender I have seen play at my club. I'm sure we'd all welcome back Chico and his odd mistake every couple of months instead of the current dross we have in that position who rarely go 45 minutes without a monumental mistake usually leading to a goal being conceded.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Chico on 05:12 - Jan 20 with 805 viewsskippyjack

Chico on 04:23 - Jan 20 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

The second best defender I have seen play at my club. I'm sure we'd all welcome back Chico and his odd mistake every couple of months instead of the current dross we have in that position who rarely go 45 minutes without a monumental mistake usually leading to a goal being conceded.

Yeah.. Dwight is correct.. Chico made clearances and good decisions.. even though he was capable of the occasional blunder.. the current lot slice the ball into their own net, deflecting balls into their own net, because the challenging was p*ss poor.. and chico never gave up.

Plus the Chico and Williams partnership was solid.. our current lot don't know each others names.

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Chico on 06:46 - Jan 20 with 786 viewsDr_Winston

Chico on 23:05 - Jan 19 by swancity

In your opinion Jobs

And in my opinion Flores isn't anywhere near as good as Fernandez. Not as a centre back anyway. Better as an extra in Emmerdale Farm possibly but not as a centre half anyway.

Talking of shining examples of idiocy...

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Chico on 07:14 - Jan 20 with 768 viewsgrabsplatter

Chico on 12:49 - Jan 19 by Highjack

Lots on here said he wasn't good enough for us and wouldn't get in our team because he had only played in Scotland.

Lots on here have dismissed plenty of players who would have improved our team, all about opinions.
I was suggesting that we could have signed him before he went to Celtic, he was already attracting attention at Groningen & we were doing plenty of scouting in Holland.
Chico on 10:40 - Jan 20 with 701 viewsvetchonian

Chico on 05:12 - Jan 20 by skippyjack

Yeah.. Dwight is correct.. Chico made clearances and good decisions.. even though he was capable of the occasional blunder.. the current lot slice the ball into their own net, deflecting balls into their own net, because the challenging was p*ss poor.. and chico never gave up.

Plus the Chico and Williams partnership was solid.. our current lot don't know each others names.

And why dont they ...because clown Bob chopped and changed partnershios need to evolve. We were lucky before as we had some consistency in Ash,Rnagel and Taylor used to playing together so slotting in one newbie ok....plus they were protected in front and we were on the up and confident. Now no regular back 4 players out of form, do defence in front of them and a team lacking confidence and on the slide....not a good time to blood a rookie from the lower leagues...that said Mawson looks better every time I see him....he could yet become another Ash.Not sure Chicc would be good for us now though

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Chico on 10:56 - Jan 20 with 684 viewsLeonWasGod

Everyone's right in this thread. Chico was both good and bad.

I wouldn't want the one who played during the latter stages of Laudrup's time, but the Chico who played under Garry: oh my, he could play a bit. And we definitely miss his character.
Chico on 13:48 - Jan 20 with 636 viewsicecoldjack

Chico on 10:56 - Jan 20 by LeonWasGod

Everyone's right in this thread. Chico was both good and bad.

I wouldn't want the one who played during the latter stages of Laudrup's time, but the Chico who played under Garry: oh my, he could play a bit. And we definitely miss his character.

Ironic that he played his best football under monk, of course , he was playing for a move away but that's when we could see Chico when disipline X is as good as any center half around.

Probably one of the best footballing center halves around in the prem league back then, I'd have him back no problem. Some players can lift a crowd with a tackle or a flick, Chico was one of those , good defender,great technical footballer, plenty of heart and a flamboyant character.
Not much to not like apart from his theatrics, which when toned down made him a first class player.

Anyone that turns up at a club as a new signing and is the fittest bloke in the pre season tests is ok by me.

Sign him up huw...er, I mean Paul !
Chico on 16:19 - Jan 20 with 559 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Chico on 13:48 - Jan 20 by icecoldjack

Ironic that he played his best football under monk, of course , he was playing for a move away but that's when we could see Chico when disipline X is as good as any center half around.

Probably one of the best footballing center halves around in the prem league back then, I'd have him back no problem. Some players can lift a crowd with a tackle or a flick, Chico was one of those , good defender,great technical footballer, plenty of heart and a flamboyant character.
Not much to not like apart from his theatrics, which when toned down made him a first class player.

Anyone that turns up at a club as a new signing and is the fittest bloke in the pre season tests is ok by me.

Sign him up huw...er, I mean Paul !

He was a leader who cared every time he put the white shirt on.
Boy could we do with that now.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024