Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
£15million for striker 13:01 - Apr 2 with 6216 viewsDarran

That can't get in the team when we don't have any strikers.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

£15million for striker on 19:03 - Apr 2 with 912 viewsmonmouth

£15million for striker on 18:49 - Apr 2 by Dr_Winston

Ayew did about as well as could be expected for a shortarse up against a Boro defence that has conceded less goals than any team outside the top seven. Not his fault that he was expected to fill a role in a team nowhere near set up enough to utilise him. Story of the last few seasons.

Baston might have done better, but it's pretty obvious that he's on the way out come the summer regardless. We've just been f*cked as an attacking unit and Llorente is the only option we have capable of making it work.

It was brainless today though. It was crying out for low hard fizzes across the six yard line and our players to get in there, or cut backs to the edge of the box. We looked like a team without a clue in that final third.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

£15million for striker on 19:10 - Apr 2 with 892 viewsjack247

£15million for striker on 19:02 - Apr 2 by ParsSwans

What f@&£ing chance has Baston had ? answer to the idiots who berate him is none. Injured at start of season Llorente comes into form when he becomes fit and Bob The builder plays him from the start and on the wing hooks him at half time and then never gets a look in again. For a player who scored almost 20 goals in consecutive La Liga seasons with bottom half table clubs he isn't shit all of a sudden. Shit management of a good player. Had nowhere near a fair opportunity

Oh for gods sake. He has a chance every time he steps on the training pitch. He doesn't get picked when Llorente is unavailable. None of our managers have wanted to play him and from the limited amount we fans get to see, it's hardly surprising.

I'm sure he would be a great player in a team suited to his strengths. If we scouted him properly, which I assume we would have for that kind of money, I'm amazed we couldn't see he was just a bad fit for us.
£15million for striker on 19:11 - Apr 2 with 885 viewsDr_Winston

£15million for striker on 19:03 - Apr 2 by monmouth

It was brainless today though. It was crying out for low hard fizzes across the six yard line and our players to get in there, or cut backs to the edge of the box. We looked like a team without a clue in that final third.

Think we played one hard and low cross in the entire game, from Naughton in the second half. That was about it.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

£15million for striker on 19:11 - Apr 2 with 884 viewsWarwickHunt

£15million for striker on 19:10 - Apr 2 by jack247

Oh for gods sake. He has a chance every time he steps on the training pitch. He doesn't get picked when Llorente is unavailable. None of our managers have wanted to play him and from the limited amount we fans get to see, it's hardly surprising.

I'm sure he would be a great player in a team suited to his strengths. If we scouted him properly, which I assume we would have for that kind of money, I'm amazed we couldn't see he was just a bad fit for us.

He didn't even have a good game against us once...
£15million for striker on 19:13 - Apr 2 with 879 viewsFlashberryjack

£15million for striker on 19:03 - Apr 2 by monmouth

You'd have thought Clement would have reminded them at half time......Lorentte is not playing.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

£15million for striker on 19:16 - Apr 2 with 864 viewsjack247

£15million for striker on 19:11 - Apr 2 by WarwickHunt

Probably shithot on Championship Manager or something
£15million for striker on 19:17 - Apr 2 with 862 viewsDarran

£15million for striker on 19:02 - Apr 2 by jack247

No. Ayew doesn't even look like a striker. But this is a thread about Baston

Yes it is but you know exactly where I'm coming from you little scamp you.

£15million for striker on 19:19 - Apr 2 with 851 viewsjack247

£15million for striker on 19:17 - Apr 2 by Darran

Yes it is but you know exactly where I'm coming from you little scamp you.

And I agree. The fact we persisted with Ayew for 90 minutes says it all really.
Login to get fewer ads

£15million for striker on 19:25 - Apr 2 with 832 viewsDarran

£15million for striker on 19:19 - Apr 2 by jack247

And I agree. The fact we persisted with Ayew for 90 minutes says it all really.

Indeed my friend it was bizarre.

£15million for striker on 19:25 - Apr 2 with 831 viewsParsSwans

Jack 247 what are our strengths I can think of two - Sunderland and Middlesbrough that's about it🙏
£15million for striker on 19:31 - Apr 2 with 812 viewsmagicdaps10

The guy has had very few chances since joining us, it is the first time has has left his country to play club football.
Guy obviously has talent and knows where the back of the net his, the last 30mins was crying out for him.......personally I thought the script was there for him today.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

£15million for striker on 19:33 - Apr 2 with 802 viewsjack247

£15million for striker on 19:25 - Apr 2 by ParsSwans

Jack 247 what are our strengths I can think of two - Sunderland and Middlesbrough that's about it🙏

We don't have many. Our first choice team can give most a game. As soon as you take a key player out of it, be that Llorente, Siggy, Olsson or Carroll, arguably even Fer and (I know I'll get abuse for this) Naughton, we struggle. Taking Llorente in particular away, makes us impotent. We were pretty much hoping for a free kick in shooting range today.

Our squad depth is so poor, we only really have one way of playing. It doesn't work without a physical striker.
£15million for striker on 19:36 - Apr 2 with 791 viewsjack247

£15million for striker on 19:25 - Apr 2 by Darran

Indeed my friend it was bizarre.

But sadly predictable. If anyone was in any doubt as to whether Clement rates Baston or thinks McBurnie is ready, they know now.
£15million for striker on 19:39 - Apr 2 with 774 viewswaynekerr55

£15million for striker on 19:11 - Apr 2 by WarwickHunt

Perhaps he played well against one of Huw's newfound mates since he took up the DoF role...The massive cūnt.

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

£15million for striker on 19:42 - Apr 2 with 764 viewsFlashberryjack

£15million for striker on 19:31 - Apr 2 by magicdaps10

The guy has had very few chances since joining us, it is the first time has has left his country to play club football.
Guy obviously has talent and knows where the back of the net his, the last 30mins was crying out for him.......personally I thought the script was there for him today.

"Guy obviously has talent and knows where the back of the net his, the last 30mins was crying out for him.......personally I thought the script was there for him today"

You've seen him, what talents do you think he has ?

Hello

£15million for striker on 19:47 - Apr 2 with 755 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Picking a utility striker ahead of baston or mcburnie is drastic stuff .

Relegation form

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

£15million for striker on 19:48 - Apr 2 with 754 viewstomdickharry

Lets be honest our player recruitment for several seasons has been nothing short of appalling,yet do those responsible suffer the consequences,no,only the managers who have to try and build a team.
£15million for striker on 19:48 - Apr 2 with 753 viewsNirvana

£15million for striker on 18:35 - Apr 2 by jack247

We have had three managers this season (okay that includes Bob) and none of them have had any confidence in him. It's not a case of getting match sharp or getting used to his teammates. He simply isn't strong enough to play up front on his own. You don't need to see much of him to realise that.

Before anyone says it, Eibar played with a fluid front three. He wouldn't have had to battle two centre backs on his own very often. Stupid buy.

I would have to agree with most of this but one overlooked aspect is how little time he really has had on the field to adjust to the massive differences between La Liga and the PL. For him to play as a targetman, the fouls he's used to getting aren't being called and he doesn't have the control to overcome it.

And yes, most teams in Spain play with a much more fluid and flexible style, particularly in attack but he is also used to far more truly creative players than we have at our disposal. Our wingers have been dreadful most of the year and has forced us to completely switch our system just to cope.

Technique is number one in La Liga, and Borja is accustomed to having a higher level of delivery consistently than he has received with us. He's a goalscorer and his record reflects that.

Having said that, it's beginning to look like he's not cut out for PL football, and it was an incredibly stupid buy in hindsight. Clearly, no one making decisions at the club had the slightest grasp on the type of player he is, much less actually watch a few matches.

I seriously question the ability of anyone who has been employed for us with the objective of finding and evaluating talent. It's their fault we're stuck with a record buy we can't even play. And it's their fault we will take a loss on him when he's sold this summer, as well.
[Post edited 2 Apr 2017 19:50]
£15million for striker on 19:57 - Apr 2 with 730 viewsmonmouth

£15million for striker on 19:48 - Apr 2 by Nirvana

I would have to agree with most of this but one overlooked aspect is how little time he really has had on the field to adjust to the massive differences between La Liga and the PL. For him to play as a targetman, the fouls he's used to getting aren't being called and he doesn't have the control to overcome it.

And yes, most teams in Spain play with a much more fluid and flexible style, particularly in attack but he is also used to far more truly creative players than we have at our disposal. Our wingers have been dreadful most of the year and has forced us to completely switch our system just to cope.

Technique is number one in La Liga, and Borja is accustomed to having a higher level of delivery consistently than he has received with us. He's a goalscorer and his record reflects that.

Having said that, it's beginning to look like he's not cut out for PL football, and it was an incredibly stupid buy in hindsight. Clearly, no one making decisions at the club had the slightest grasp on the type of player he is, much less actually watch a few matches.

I seriously question the ability of anyone who has been employed for us with the objective of finding and evaluating talent. It's their fault we're stuck with a record buy we can't even play. And it's their fault we will take a loss on him when he's sold this summer, as well.

I doubt we ever looked at him. All the hallmarks of an agent sourced purchase, like Eder, Gomes, Ayew.

I hope we've crossed the agent off our preferred list.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

£15million for striker on 20:07 - Apr 2 with 707 viewsFlashberryjack

£15million for striker on 19:48 - Apr 2 by Nirvana

With the greatest respect...........that's a load of bullsh*te.

We all laughed when the scum were tucked up with that Cornelius fella, so much so that the Chairman suspected brown envelopes........makes you think.

Hello

£15million for striker on 20:26 - Apr 2 with 666 viewsNirvana

£15million for striker on 20:07 - Apr 2 by Flashberryjack

With the greatest respect...........that's a load of bullsh*te.

We all laughed when the scum were tucked up with that Cornelius fella, so much so that the Chairman suspected brown envelopes........makes you think.

In turn, with the greatest respect, which part exactly?
£15million for striker on 21:00 - Apr 2 with 628 viewsJack_Meoff

£15million for striker on 19:57 - Apr 2 by monmouth

I doubt we ever looked at him. All the hallmarks of an agent sourced purchase, like Eder, Gomes, Ayew.

I hope we've crossed the agent off our preferred list.

We were talking about his on the concourse earlier when we found out Lllorente was injured. £15 million for a striker who's hardly played seems really shite business on the surface. From another perspective, it could have been a great move. Whether he ever plays or not. Agent perhaps makes a killing, maybe board members do also. Allegedly. Hundreds of thousands of pounds in fees more than likely. Suit you sir. Allegedly.

Maybe we're approaching it from the wrong angle. Same as 'government.' Some consider them elected representatives of the public. Anyone with half a brain will consider them a legal mafia whose sole purpose is to siphon off as much tax money they possibly can to their mates/donors, as fast as they possibly can.

'Success' is such a relative word eh?

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

£15million for striker on 21:20 - Apr 2 with 589 viewsDr_Winston

£15million for striker on 21:00 - Apr 2 by Jack_Meoff

We were talking about his on the concourse earlier when we found out Lllorente was injured. £15 million for a striker who's hardly played seems really shite business on the surface. From another perspective, it could have been a great move. Whether he ever plays or not. Agent perhaps makes a killing, maybe board members do also. Allegedly. Hundreds of thousands of pounds in fees more than likely. Suit you sir. Allegedly.

Maybe we're approaching it from the wrong angle. Same as 'government.' Some consider them elected representatives of the public. Anyone with half a brain will consider them a legal mafia whose sole purpose is to siphon off as much tax money they possibly can to their mates/donors, as fast as they possibly can.

'Success' is such a relative word eh?

I'd believe it's down to incompetence far more easily than I would corruption, and I've been pretty hard on the sellouts in the past.

The problem is that our fanbase as a rule are far more interested in hating on the player than in asking why we've spent so much on a footballer who just doesn't fit the way we play.

Makes it much easier for the f*ckwits to do what they do and get away with it.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

£15million for striker on 21:24 - Apr 2 with 578 viewsJack_Meoff

£15million for striker on 21:20 - Apr 2 by Dr_Winston

I'd believe it's down to incompetence far more easily than I would corruption, and I've been pretty hard on the sellouts in the past.

The problem is that our fanbase as a rule are far more interested in hating on the player than in asking why we've spent so much on a footballer who just doesn't fit the way we play.

Makes it much easier for the f*ckwits to do what they do and get away with it.

You're probably right Dr_W. I don't normally entertain the tinfoil path, don't know what came over me...

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

£15million for striker on 21:26 - Apr 2 with 573 viewsDr_Winston

£15million for striker on 21:24 - Apr 2 by Jack_Meoff

You're probably right Dr_W. I don't normally entertain the tinfoil path, don't know what came over me...

Easily done these days, and it's not as if they don't have history in f*cking people over for the coin.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024