Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Recruitment policy review 07:52 - Apr 10 with 2546 viewsbudegan

Any update on this?

Someone made the point on here last week that Joe > Shelvey > Fer. A good example and one that can be used across the squad for some years.

Awhile ago someone else pointed out that the Michu signing and the subsequent press admiration made our chairman believe he had scouting superpowers; it's a good explanation as to why - with the very odd exception - all our business since Laudrup has been sh1t.

I remember attending a trust meeting in which Jenkins spoke to replacing the cornerstones Leon and Rangel. We got Cork and Naughton. Okay Cork worth a punt maybe but it wasn't long before it was obvious why he was Southampton's third choice, likewise Naughton at Spurs.

There was a time when I considered the fella a hero. Hubris eh. Now I don't want him anywhere near our transfer dealings. Huw, you blew it mate.
Recruitment policy review on 12:45 - Apr 10 with 2461 viewsTreforys_Jack

Indeed, good post mate, pretty much sums up my feelings. Remember feeling secure because we had HJ & MM in charge, not matter what happened, they would do the right thing for SCFC. We had Trunds, Robbo, Sinclair, Ferrie, then Michu & Bony. All enterainers, so many fans "other" team. We were unique, Now look at us, not far short of a basket case, shame on the sellouts, especially the local boys.
Recruitment policy review on 13:09 - Apr 10 with 2437 viewsperchrockjack

Good players replaced by dross

There ya go

My fee is attached

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Recruitment policy review on 21:40 - Apr 10 with 2332 viewsKilkennyjack

Recruitment policy review on 13:09 - Apr 10 by perchrockjack

Good players replaced by dross

There ya go

My fee is attached

Its true.

Beware of the Risen People

Recruitment policy review on 21:52 - Apr 10 with 2314 viewsLoyal

The recruitment policy is quite simple.
Jenkins employs agents to find players,he signs the best cheapest from the list.
When will people understand it's nothing more than this.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Recruitment policy review on 21:52 - Apr 10 with 2311 viewsLeonWasGod

It's worse than that:

Joe>JdG>JJS>Fer

The review was presumably scraped when the old board cashed in. There won't be one because the lesson to be learnt won't be listened too (that is, don't let Huw play Football Manager with a real side).
Recruitment policy review on 22:16 - Apr 10 with 2266 viewsclloy2

Recruitment policy review on 21:52 - Apr 10 by LeonWasGod

It's worse than that:

Joe>JdG>JJS>Fer

The review was presumably scraped when the old board cashed in. There won't be one because the lesson to be learnt won't be listened too (that is, don't let Huw play Football Manager with a real side).

Makes my blood boil to think that after 6 seasons in the Prem, we have a squad which is on par or maybe weaker than the one we had in our first season.The sell outs should hang their heads in shame, they have allowed us to sleepwalk into the championship.
Recruitment policy review on 00:46 - Apr 11 with 2213 viewsPozuelosSideys

Having a pop at indvidual players is misguided imo - Fer being an example here.

These players would all be able to do a job in other PL squads - we know this from experience - its just unfortunate that theyve all been assembled here together, theyre dont perform often enough as a team.

Recruitment policy has definitely caught up with us. Blame Jenkins for that yes, but look how many managers we have had since Laudrup left. Its no coincidence that we have completely lost our identity. How can you have one when youre always chopping and changing?

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Recruitment policy review on 01:31 - Apr 11 with 2194 viewsCooperman

Recruitment policy review on 00:46 - Apr 11 by PozuelosSideys

Having a pop at indvidual players is misguided imo - Fer being an example here.

These players would all be able to do a job in other PL squads - we know this from experience - its just unfortunate that theyve all been assembled here together, theyre dont perform often enough as a team.

Recruitment policy has definitely caught up with us. Blame Jenkins for that yes, but look how many managers we have had since Laudrup left. Its no coincidence that we have completely lost our identity. How can you have one when youre always chopping and changing?

Are you on about the Leroy Fer that has been relegated from the PL with multiple clubs?

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Login to get fewer ads

Recruitment policy review on 08:31 - Apr 11 with 2091 viewsHeadmaster

Recruitment policy review on 01:31 - Apr 11 by Cooperman

Are you on about the Leroy Fer that has been relegated from the PL with multiple clubs?

And yet when some of us questioned the decision to keep him (thinking we should have signed better in the summer) we were shouted down for being "plastics". You watch our Idiot in Chief give him an extended contract, just like Fernandez, and our fans will happily accept it because that's what we've become - a club of mediocrity and no ambition.
Recruitment policy review on 09:08 - Apr 11 with 2044 viewsDr_Winston

Here we go again...

Unless Fer was directly responsible for those other clubs being relegated, then it's utterly f*cking meaningless how many times it's happened to him. He's one player in a team of eleven. One player in a squad of 25/30.

He's been one of our better players this season. Certainly better than Shelvey was before him.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Recruitment policy review on 09:11 - Apr 11 with 2034 views3swan

Recruitment policy review on 09:08 - Apr 11 by Dr_Winston

Here we go again...

Unless Fer was directly responsible for those other clubs being relegated, then it's utterly f*cking meaningless how many times it's happened to him. He's one player in a team of eleven. One player in a squad of 25/30.

He's been one of our better players this season. Certainly better than Shelvey was before him.

Agree.

Fer would have been ok if we had a team, the problem is we have squad players where very very few would find a place in another Premier team
Recruitment policy review on 09:17 - Apr 11 with 2014 viewsperchrockjack

It's not lack of money spent but how it's been spent

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Recruitment policy review on 09:21 - Apr 11 with 2004 viewsDr_Winston

Recruitment policy review on 09:11 - Apr 11 by 3swan

Agree.

Fer would have been ok if we had a team, the problem is we have squad players where very very few would find a place in another Premier team

We haven't recruited to a specific plan for three years. That catches up eventually. Baston is a prime example. £15m on a striker we've got no idea how to get the best out of.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Recruitment policy review on 09:26 - Apr 11 with 1992 views3swan

Recruitment policy review on 09:21 - Apr 11 by Dr_Winston

We haven't recruited to a specific plan for three years. That catches up eventually. Baston is a prime example. £15m on a striker we've got no idea how to get the best out of.

Maybe a bit like United Airlines identify enough names then pick from a hat.

Price dependent of course
Recruitment policy review on 13:33 - Apr 11 with 1920 viewsbudegan

I also feel that had we signed Joe and kept Ash we'd not be in this position.

Obvious but true.
Recruitment policy review on 15:23 - Apr 11 with 1868 viewskarnataka

Recruitment policy review on 13:33 - Apr 11 by budegan

Obvious but true.

Joe & Ash would have been a big help - unless we'd kept Bradley. Don't think it would matter who the players were if Bradley had remained as manager.
Recruitment policy review on 15:24 - Apr 11 with 1865 viewswaynekerr55

Obvious but true.

And either appointed clement or Brendan

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Recruitment policy review on 15:26 - Apr 11 with 1860 viewsChief

And despite the Yanks holding that apparent recruitment review when they came in, it was glaringly obvious from January's business (which was decent in fairness) that Jenkins is still playing championship manager. Olsson, Carroll, Narsingh and Ayew were all linked to us over recent years. They were not Clement or American signings.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Recruitment policy review on 15:48 - Apr 11 with 1832 viewspencoedjack

Obvious but true.

If we signed Joe the season would of started with far more optimism as well

& I agree we would not have been in this positioning
Recruitment policy review on 17:11 - Apr 11 with 1776 viewsRevJames

Recruitment policy review on 09:17 - Apr 11 by perchrockjack

It's not lack of money spent but how it's been spent

Changing managers with alarming frequency doesn't help either
Recruitment policy review on 18:20 - Apr 11 with 1704 viewsAngelRangelQS

Personally I think people are looking at this the wrong way.

For the last three years, Huw has been methodically and expertly recruiting championship standard players which, given the division we are going to be in next season, shows some truly remarkable foresight on his part.

Yet people still criticise him for it. Unbelievable.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024