Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Trans Pennine Trail/Endurance events - Non QPR! 16:02 - May 31 with 11830 viewsmikeygunn

LFW is a great place for advice and getting some inside knowledge so hear goes....

In March next year I'm going to run/walk the trans Pennine trail. 215 miles over 10 days, starting in Southport and finishing in Hornsea. I'm doing it for charity, which I'll bother you all with at a later date!

Has anyone done anything similar? Any advice you can give me?

I've started training already building up my mileage over the next few months. Up to 3.5 at the min and going to do a 10k next week.

Greatly appreciate any feedback you can give me!

https://www.justgiving.com/companyteams/Onemoomile
[Post edited 23 Mar 2018 13:36]
Trans Pennine Trail/Endurance events - Non QPR! on 08:58 - Apr 2 with 2683 viewsRangersDave

Good luck today mate, looking out my window in Scouseland it ain’t pleasant out there, and I’m not talking about the city.
[Post edited 2 Apr 2018 8:59]

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Trans Pennine Trail/Endurance events - Non QPR! on 21:51 - Apr 2 with 2633 viewsmikeygunn

Horrible, horrible, horrible. The worst thing I’ve ever done. Had to retire early as it was getting dangerous. Sadly won’t have the time to go back to fill in the blanks but I’ll do it if it’s the last thing I damn well do. Hoping tomorrow is more straightforward!
Trans Pennine Trail/Endurance events - Non QPR! on 09:17 - Apr 3 with 2601 viewsmikeygunn

Cheers tactical! Nice boost before I set off today. Dunford bridge to Rotherham today. I pray the gods of the Pennines will be kind.
Trans Pennine Trail/Endurance events - Non QPR! on 10:15 - Apr 3 with 2584 viewsRangersDave

At least it’s downhill to the coast now mate, woodhead being the peak.
Hope it goes well.
Cheers
Dave

Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Trans Pennine Trail/Endurance events - Non QPR! on 21:34 - Apr 6 with 2534 viewsmikeygunn

Ive somehow managed to make to just outside Hull. I’ll be at the match tomorrow before my final run to Hornsea on Sunday. I’m beyond tired, ankles are swollen and I have blisters on blisters but I am so damn determined to finish this!!
Trans Pennine Trail/Endurance events - Non QPR! on 09:51 - Apr 7 with 2474 viewsRangersDave

Good on yer mate,
I hope it all goes well for the final push.

Enjoy the match, no one can say you don’t deserve to go. And I hope everyone has rallied round with donations for your worthy cause.

Will mail you the pics I took last weekly you through scouse land.
Cheers
Dave

Trans Pennine Trail/Endurance events - Non QPR! on 19:35 - Apr 7 with 2424 viewsmikeygunn

Cheers Brian, you’re a good man! Just a small 20 miles to go in the morning! Can not believe I’m so close to finishing it all!
Trans Pennine Trail/Endurance events - Non QPR! on 19:37 - Apr 7 with 2423 viewsmikeygunn

Trans Pennine Trail/Endurance events - Non QPR! on 09:51 - Apr 7 by RangersDave

Good on yer mate,
I hope it all goes well for the final push.

Enjoy the match, no one can say you don’t deserve to go. And I hope everyone has rallied round with donations for your worthy cause.

Will mail you the pics I took last weekly you through scouse land.
Cheers
Dave

Cheers Dave, look forward to seeing those!
Login to get fewer ads

Trans Pennine Trail/Endurance events - Non QPR! on 16:32 - Apr 8 with 2379 viewsmikeygunn

Finished! Amazing but not sunk in yet. Thanks to those that have sponsored, still time for those that haven’t! Time for a beer and a burger and to announce my retirement from all further running activities!
Trans Pennine Trail/Endurance events - Non QPR! on 18:58 - Apr 8 with 2367 viewsdolcelatte

Trans Pennine Trail/Endurance events - Non QPR! on 16:32 - Apr 8 by mikeygunn

Finished! Amazing but not sunk in yet. Thanks to those that have sponsored, still time for those that haven’t! Time for a beer and a burger and to announce my retirement from all further running activities!

Well done Mikey, epic achievement. Rest and recovery now.

I just completed my Paris Roubaix/Paris Marathon double and I'm officially broken..

Poll: Are you sick of people asking if you are sick of polls?

Trans Pennine Trail/Endurance events - Non QPR! on 20:09 - Apr 8 with 2349 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Great stuff, Mikey!

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024