Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
BONY ... ENJOY 00:00 - Sep 1 with 2813 viewsswanseajack4eva

BONY ... ENJOY on 00:05 - Sep 1 with 2766 viewsHugeEnkins

Yesssssssss! Form is temporary, class is permanent. Welcome back Wilf. YJB 👊
BONY ... ENJOY on 00:07 - Sep 1 with 2743 viewsSmellyplumz

Let's just hope his malaria doesn't flare up again.

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

BONY ... ENJOY on 00:14 - Sep 1 with 2705 viewsHugeEnkins

BONY ... ENJOY on 00:07 - Sep 1 by Smellyplumz

Let's just hope his malaria doesn't flare up again.

So come on Wilfred Bony, don't contract eboly, we'll go wild, wild, wild...
BONY ... ENJOY on 00:44 - Sep 1 with 2652 viewsTheResurrection

BONY ... ENJOY on 00:14 - Sep 1 by HugeEnkins

So come on Wilfred Bony, don't contract eboly, we'll go wild, wild, wild...

This is an even better video showcasing what he'll bring to us.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

BONY ... ENJOY on 01:15 - Sep 1 with 2604 viewsDJack

BONY ... ENJOY on 00:44 - Sep 1 by TheResurrection

Haha. Watched this video a little while ago (boy sent it to wifey and from her to me).

Whilst others were ecstatic over the potential re-signing of Wilfried I was more sanguine (I'm not a Youtuber) - I wondered (worried) about the goals he might score after "little" time for Man City and feckall at Stoke...and I was reminded of what I'd forgotten. Wilf's all-round ability - hold up play, flicks, back-heels, searching balls forward (there our play was lacking and not speculative enough), his immense defensive ability for defensive set-pieces etc, etc

Feeling a lot happier. It might be an overdose of nostalgia but fcukit, just smile

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

BONY ... ENJOY on 06:52 - Sep 1 with 2476 viewsDr_Winston

BONY ... ENJOY on 00:44 - Sep 1 by TheResurrection

15/16? Hold on, I thought he'd done nothing for two years according to the experts?

Seriously though, that video neatly illustrates everything good about his game. The intricate holdup play and passing was so good Abraham and Ayew must be salivating at the prospect of playing off him.

Even if he scores at a slower rate than he did before he's worth having just for the rest of his game.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

BONY ... ENJOY on 07:00 - Sep 1 with 2456 viewspikeypaul

BONY ... ENJOY on 06:52 - Sep 1 by Dr_Winston

15/16? Hold on, I thought he'd done nothing for two years according to the experts?

Seriously though, that video neatly illustrates everything good about his game. The intricate holdup play and passing was so good Abraham and Ayew must be salivating at the prospect of playing off him.

Even if he scores at a slower rate than he did before he's worth having just for the rest of his game.

In 2 years and 8 months he's scored 8 goals in 48 games

Compare that with llorentes 15 goals in 33 games for us and you'll understand the backward step we've taken.

Although 8 from 36 is not "nothing" it's not very good considering 26 games were for a Man City team who supply a multitude of chances.

Anyway the proof of the pudding is in the eating and over the next few months we should all know
what we have got a Bony from 32 months ago or someone who has lost the hunger since his huge pay day.
[Post edited 1 Sep 2017 7:21]

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

BONY ... ENJOY on 07:09 - Sep 1 with 2429 viewsjack247

BONY ... ENJOY on 07:00 - Sep 1 by pikeypaul

Compare that with llorentes 15 goals in 33 games for us and you'll understand the backward step we've taken.

Although 8 from 36 is not "nothing" it's not very good considering 26 games were for a Man City team who supply a multitude of chances.

Anyway the proof of the pudding is in the eating and over the next few months we should all know
what we have got a Bony from 32 months ago or someone who has lost the hunger since his huge pay day.

Watch the video, he was supplying the chances.
Login to get fewer ads

BONY ... ENJOY on 07:13 - Sep 1 with 2405 viewsDr_Winston

Twelve goals in 34 starts since leaving us. Better than one in three, which is a decent return for a player we all know needs to be playing regularly to hit top form. Plus who knows how many assists. A load more than Llorente I'll wager.

He had a decent if unspectacular eighteen months for City playing second fiddle in a team set up to service Aguero, and a poor season at Stoke when the miserable Gog tw*t took a dislike to him.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

BONY ... ENJOY on 07:18 - Sep 1 with 2376 viewspikeypaul

BONY ... ENJOY on 07:09 - Sep 1 by jack247

Fair comment and I am a little happier having watched the video.

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧

BONY ... ENJOY on 07:26 - Sep 1 with 2359 viewspikeypaul

He's scored 8 goals in total not 12,3 of which have come from coming off the bench.

If you are going to count these goals you need to count substitute apps.

If not its 5 goals from 36 starts.

BONY ... ENJOY on 07:33 - Sep 1 with 2341 viewsDr_Winston

BONY ... ENJOY on 07:26 - Sep 1 by pikeypaul

He's scored 8 goals in total not 12,3 of which have come from coming off the bench.

If you are going to count these goals you need to count substitute apps.

If not its 5 goals from 36 starts.

Eight league goals. Twelve in all competitions.

And it's pointless counting substitute appearances. If you do then five minutes at the end has equal value to starting a game, which is of course nonsensical.

BONY ... ENJOY on 07:47 - Sep 1 with 2291 viewsNirvana

BONY ... ENJOY on 07:09 - Sep 1 by jack247

Let me just say that I value your opinion on here, 247, truly. I don't always agree with it, but there is usually a lot of logic behind your views, moreso than many on here. So kudos.

But, in terms of this specific post it seems like you are implying Bony was the creative fulcrum of Man City. He was unequivocally not, just stating a fact here.

He was, however, loaned out to a sshitt club for one season and failed miserably, no way to dress that up. And then he was sold back to us for less than half what we got for him. That is never a good sign, and Pep is a pretty good judge of talent. Man City only have two strikers and you would think Bony would have a place in Pep's tiki-taka if he was "supplying the chances" like you said. Again, just facts.

I am far from a Bony hater, I like the guy and he was quality when he was with us the first time. The thing that scares me is what I said above, and what could happen if he can't find his form again. To me, this could go either way at this point. I hope he will be a success, as our season depends on it, and I will cheer him like any other. But I do have my doubts, and I think it is very reasonable to feel that way.

Again, we can always agree to disagree.
BONY ... ENJOY on 07:50 - Sep 1 with 2280 viewsItchySphincter

BONY ... ENJOY on 07:33 - Sep 1 by Dr_Winston

And it's pointless counting substitute appearances. If you do then five minutes at the end has equal value to starting a game, which is of course nonsensical.

As is comparing Bony and Llorente, apples and oranges. I'd love them both here but in the cold light of day there's no doubt that Bony is the better all round footballer. People have short memories, Wilf was devastating for us putting pretty much every other PL striker in the shade. No reason why he can't be productive and prolific for us again although this signing is about more than just goals.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

BONY ... ENJOY on 07:56 - Sep 1 with 2257 viewsjack247

BONY ... ENJOY on 07:47 - Sep 1 by Nirvana

Let me just say that I value your opinion on here, 247, truly. I don't always agree with it, but there is usually a lot of logic behind your views, moreso than many on here. So kudos.

But, in terms of this specific post it seems like you are implying Bony was the creative fulcrum of Man City. He was unequivocally not, just stating a fact here.

He was, however, loaned out to a sshitt club for one season and failed miserably, no way to dress that up. And then he was sold back to us for less than half what we got for him. That is never a good sign, and Pep is a pretty good judge of talent. Man City only have two strikers and you would think Bony would have a place in Pep's tiki-taka if he was "supplying the chances" like you said. Again, just facts.

I am far from a Bony hater, I like the guy and he was quality when he was with us the first time. The thing that scares me is what I said above, and what could happen if he can't find his form again. To me, this could go either way at this point. I hope he will be a success, as our season depends on it, and I will cheer him like any other. But I do have my doubts, and I think it is very reasonable to feel that way.

No, I'm not implying he was the creative fulcrum at City. That is a Bony highlight reel, I dare say Silva and DeBrunye would look a lot better on their equivalents!

What I am saying, is that it's short sighted just to judge him by goals (even as a centre forward). I'm far from a Llorente basher, I thought he was class, but his game was getting on the end of chances. He could hold the ball up well and lay it off, but he had very little creativity about him. He couldn't unlock a defence. Bony can.

My bet is that he gets less goals than the 15 Llorente managed last season, but he creates a hatful of chances. Unlike last time he was here, we have a genuine finisher with pace and very clever movement to profit from that.
BONY ... ENJOY on 08:02 - Sep 1 with 2236 viewsawayjack

Don't let stats and facts get in the way of naive / agenda based posters on here. Wipe the fact he's had a crap 2.5 years and City are happy to offload him for 1/2 what they paid, and in a hugely inflated market couldn't get a buyer other than our old boys club. I'd love him to turn the clock back 3 years but suspect he'll struggle at his age.

I don't get the celebrations that we sold a CF player that scored 15 in 33 PL games last year, including many as sub, versus someone who's got 8 from 36 over 2.5 years. We had two top 4 clubs chasing his signature. We have some gems on here.
BONY ... ENJOY on 08:07 - Sep 1 with 2217 viewsTheResurrection

BONY ... ENJOY on 07:47 - Sep 1 by Nirvana

I cannot believe you've got the cheek to show up again.

You've got some front fair play.

You've absolutely humiliated yourself the last few months.

Renato fffuuuccking Sanches !!!!!!!!

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

BONY ... ENJOY on 08:09 - Sep 1 with 2211 viewsNirvana

BONY ... ENJOY on 07:56 - Sep 1 by jack247

No, I'm not implying he was the creative fulcrum at City. That is a Bony highlight reel, I dare say Silva and DeBrunye would look a lot better on their equivalents!

What I am saying, is that it's short sighted just to judge him by goals (even as a centre forward). I'm far from a Llorente basher, I thought he was class, but his game was getting on the end of chances. He could hold the ball up well and lay it off, but he had very little creativity about him. He couldn't unlock a defence. Bony can.

My bet is that he gets less goals than the 15 Llorente managed last season, but he creates a hatful of chances. Unlike last time he was here, we have a genuine finisher with pace and very clever movement to profit from that.

Well, 247, this is the logic I was referring to. Excellent post.

Kudos, not much I can disagree with there. Although I will say that I personally am not judging Bony just on his goals, more on the failed couple of season he's had recently. But again, your post speaks a lot of truth, and the points you've raised aren't really debatable. All pretty spot on.

I genuinely hope you are right here, and any true Swans' fan should agree.
BONY ... ENJOY on 08:11 - Sep 1 with 2200 viewslidojack

By the same token though the Man City team were laying on chances for multiple players every game. We built pur team around Llorente last year which is a big reason why he scored so many.

There are no guarantees in football but if we make Bony the focal point he should score and assist a lot more than he has done in those 48 games.
BONY ... ENJOY on 08:15 - Sep 1 with 2175 viewsNirvana

BONY ... ENJOY on 08:07 - Sep 1 by TheResurrection

I cannot believe you've got the cheek to show up again.

You've got some front fair play.

You've absolutely humiliated yourself the last few months.

Renato fffuuuccking Sanches !!!!!!!!

Awww, how cute?

Little res is getting all jelly again.

How's Hull and Bradley doing right about now?

Remember??????

(Insert laughing smileys to compensate for not actually having anything of substance to say)

Sorry, that last one is you, my bad.

Move along, twinkle toes.
BONY ... ENJOY on 08:26 - Sep 1 with 2140 viewsPrivate_Partz

BONY ... ENJOY on 08:02 - Sep 1 by awayjack

Don't let stats and facts get in the way of naive / agenda based posters on here. Wipe the fact he's had a crap 2.5 years and City are happy to offload him for 1/2 what they paid, and in a hugely inflated market couldn't get a buyer other than our old boys club. I'd love him to turn the clock back 3 years but suspect he'll struggle at his age.

I don't get the celebrations that we sold a CF player that scored 15 in 33 PL games last year, including many as sub, versus someone who's got 8 from 36 over 2.5 years. We had two top 4 clubs chasing his signature. We have some gems on here.

This is unfortunately the the way I feel. I share your concerns.
I suspect but that if he has lost his edge he will be playing deeper and creating chances. But for whom? Tammy is our only out and out striker. Also won't he be clogging up a midfield? This is an area we have improved in and I am optimistic about that. Too many cooks though if Wilf is in there as well?
The fact is, whilst improving, we have swapped like for like. Our bench will be as weak, if not weaker, than it has ever been.
It may pay off if Wilf recaptures his form but it is a gamble and is based around saving money and proving Jenkins has the Midas touch more than anything.
There is a possibility we could be an exciting attacking team like the Res has lauded. We could also have injuries and a misfiring Wilf that could make for a long hard season.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

BONY ... ENJOY on 08:39 - Sep 1 with 2103 viewsTheResurrection

BONY ... ENJOY on 08:26 - Sep 1 by Private_Partz

I suspect but that if he has lost his edge he will be playing deeper and creating chances. But for whom? Tammy is our only out and out striker. Also won't he be clogging up a midfield? This is an area we have improved in and I am optimistic about that. Too many cooks though if Wilf is in there as well?
The fact is, whilst improving, we have swapped like for like. Our bench will be as weak, if not weaker, than it has ever been.
It may pay off if Wilf recaptures his form but it is a gamble and is based around saving money and proving Jenkins has the Midas touch more than anything.
There is a possibility we could be an exciting attacking team like the Res has lauded. We could also have injuries and a misfiring Wilf that could make for a long hard season.

This is not a good post. At all

This squad is infinitely better than last seasons.

How can you not see that?

We're letter in every single department.

And injuries could happen any time, any year, with whatever players we have or if we'd not replaced anyone.

Come on mun...

BONY ... ENJOY on 08:41 - Sep 1 with 2095 viewslidojack

BONY ... ENJOY on 08:26 - Sep 1 by Private_Partz

I understand the concerns over Bony but surely our bench is looking stronger than last season?

With everyone fit in the 5-3-2 we'd have:
Nordfelt, Rangel, VDH, Mesa, Fer, Narsingh, Bony

With Routledge, Montero, Britton, Ki and Dyer also challenging.
BONY ... ENJOY on 08:48 - Sep 1 with 2053 viewspikeypaul

BONY ... ENJOY on 07:33 - Sep 1 by Dr_Winston

So why are you counting the goals when he was a sub then?

If you refuse to count them as appearances your twisting the facts to suite your opinion.

BONY ... ENJOY on 08:52 - Sep 1 with 2028 viewsPrivate_Partz

BONY ... ENJOY on 08:39 - Sep 1 by TheResurrection

This is not a good post. At all

This squad is infinitely better than last seasons.

How can you not see that?

We're letter in every single department.

And injuries could happen any time, any year, with whatever players we have or if we'd not replaced anyone.

Come on mun...

Midfield is certainly better. Wilf is a gamble.
All teams have injuries. My point is we are now less prepared for them than most teams due to our small squad.
Btw I have recognised that your vision is possible. I also recognise we are gambling with our future with a paper thin squad.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024