Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
STUMBLING OVER THE LINE...... 12:45 - Jan 31 with 5409 viewsthompsonridd

I have seen this used on a few threads where fans are assuming we will "stumble over the line" at the end of the season.

Very dangerous for anyone to think this. We lost 6 in a row at end of last season and only just survived. Two or three losses on the bounce (look at our upcoming away games) and we're right in the mire.

I think we should be busting a gut to get a striker but it looks like nothing will happen.
STUMBLING OVER THE LINE...... on 17:12 - Jan 31 with 1247 viewsEsox_Lucius

STUMBLING OVER THE LINE...... on 17:04 - Jan 31 by thompsonridd

Loan.

We've got rid of 11 players including Caulker, Ngbakoto & Borysiuk, maybe some available for loan costs

Did you mean to type "maybe some available to avoid going over the spending limit for FFP"? How many times do some people need it spelt out before they grasp the reality of the situation. It's perverse the obstinacy of some people.

The grass is always greener.

STUMBLING OVER THE LINE...... on 17:18 - Jan 31 with 1224 viewsDesertBoot

Is this the Penrice who told us Freeman was available and would sign for us.....yep

Wish I could be like David Watts

STUMBLING OVER THE LINE...... on 17:22 - Jan 31 with 1208 viewsNorthernr

STUMBLING OVER THE LINE...... on 17:18 - Jan 31 by DesertBoot

Is this the Penrice who told us Freeman was available and would sign for us.....yep

And that Scowen was letting his contract run down at Barnsley because he wanted to return to London.

The logic of getting rid of your scout just at the point you most need to be looking hard for bargain players others have missed is lost on me I'm afraid.
STUMBLING OVER THE LINE...... on 17:23 - Jan 31 with 1198 viewsNorthernr

STUMBLING OVER THE LINE...... on 17:04 - Jan 31 by thompsonridd

Loan.

We've got rid of 11 players including Caulker, Ngbakoto & Borysiuk, maybe some available for loan costs

Please don't make me tell the Sam Gallagher story again.

I've said it before and I will say it again - the idea that QPR can afford a striker but are choosing not to buy one is fcking mental.
STUMBLING OVER THE LINE...... on 17:24 - Jan 31 with 1195 viewsSharpy36

STUMBLING OVER THE LINE...... on 17:18 - Jan 31 by DesertBoot

Freeman was at the club already when GP took up his position, unless i`m missing your point.

'You didn't know that was wrong, but now you do. If you do it again, I'll know you are doing it on purpose.'

STUMBLING OVER THE LINE...... on 17:28 - Jan 31 with 1177 viewsNorthernr

STUMBLING OVER THE LINE...... on 17:24 - Jan 31 by Sharpy36

Freeman was at the club already when GP took up his position, unless i`m missing your point.

Holloway has said several times that it was Penrice who recommended Freeman to him, knew his contract situation and said we should pay a bit to get him before the summer. Penrice was working with us informally before he was contracted, basically from as soon as Holloway arrived.
STUMBLING OVER THE LINE...... on 18:37 - Jan 31 with 1122 viewsVancouverHoop

I follow three club's (and hang out far more than I should on their message boards.) The Rs, Hitchin Town in the Southern Premier League, and Vancouver Whitecaps in MLS. They represent different levels of the the game and operate under differing constraints. But the one thing they all have in common is that their fans spend an awful lot of time moaning about needing a "proper striker."

People who score goals regularly are difficult to find and, consequently, disproportionately expensive. Only a handful of clubs can afford to buy one on the open market. The rest have to get lucky, either via recruiting, or taking a chance on someone other clubs have underestimated. There's just no point in banging on about it. Of course we need a striker, so does almost every other team in our division, but the chances of finding one are slim, especially if your pockets are empty.
STUMBLING OVER THE LINE...... on 18:41 - Jan 31 with 1119 viewsNorthernr

STUMBLING OVER THE LINE...... on 18:37 - Jan 31 by VancouverHoop

I follow three club's (and hang out far more than I should on their message boards.) The Rs, Hitchin Town in the Southern Premier League, and Vancouver Whitecaps in MLS. They represent different levels of the the game and operate under differing constraints. But the one thing they all have in common is that their fans spend an awful lot of time moaning about needing a "proper striker."

People who score goals regularly are difficult to find and, consequently, disproportionately expensive. Only a handful of clubs can afford to buy one on the open market. The rest have to get lucky, either via recruiting, or taking a chance on someone other clubs have underestimated. There's just no point in banging on about it. Of course we need a striker, so does almost every other team in our division, but the chances of finding one are slim, especially if your pockets are empty.

It's a good point, and they're in ever shorter supply with most teams playing only one up front. Everybody's a fcking number 10 these days.

How many genuinely good strikers for the level we were at have we had in recent years? Since the Ferdinand/Gallen/Allen/Penrice days we had Spencer who was quality, Andy Thomson, Furlong/Thorpe/Gallen which was a great combo, Helguson and Austin. In 20 years.
Login to get fewer ads

STUMBLING OVER THE LINE...... on 18:46 - Jan 31 with 1109 viewsWestbourneR

Andy Thomson scored goals but wasn't very good. One of those. Like Darren Bent was for bit. Wardley too.

Loic Remy was pretty good.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

STUMBLING OVER THE LINE...... on 18:48 - Jan 31 with 1106 viewsNorthernr

STUMBLING OVER THE LINE...... on 18:46 - Jan 31 by WestbourneR

Andy Thomson scored goals but wasn't very good. One of those. Like Darren Bent was for bit. Wardley too.

Loic Remy was pretty good.

Thought he was decent for that level.
Remy was good for a dozen games or so - like Agyemang
STUMBLING OVER THE LINE...... on 19:29 - Jan 31 with 1063 viewsNortholt_Rs

STUMBLING OVER THE LINE...... on 14:50 - Jan 31 by Northernr

What are we paying for this striker with?

This.... WE’VE GOT NO MONEY!!!!!

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024