Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
10 points from 9 games to reach the magical 17:15 - Mar 3 with 8779 viewsGroo

We play 3 relegation rivals away and 1 at home, 1 home against a team likely to be safe and 2 home and away against top 6.

Huddersfield (A)
Southampton (H)
Man Utd (A)
West Brom (A)
Everton (H)
Man City (A)
Chelsea (H)
Bournemouth (A)
Stoke (H).

Think we need something against Huddersfield seeing the two games that follow, then at least 4 from Everton and West Brom, then 2 tough matches before the Bournemouth, Stoke games.

Think it will go to the wire the way teams keep picking up points around us
[Post edited 4 Mar 2018 16:36]

Groo does what Groo does best

10 points from 9 games to reach the magical on 23:32 - Mar 4 with 1049 viewsKerouac

I'm hoping for ;

- 4pts from Huddersfield & Southampton
- 4pts from West Brom & Everton
- 2-4pts from Bournemouth & Stoke

For a 40-42pts finish.

Doable but we are going to have to maintain this good form.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

10 points from 9 games to reach the magical on 23:37 - Mar 4 with 1039 viewsLord_Bony

Bottom 10 tighter than a ducks ass this year still anyones guess.

If we can keep up the momentum I think we ll be fine,we ve certainly come a long way.

Think we ll need just over 40 to be safe. It will go to the wire for a number of teams on the day.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

10 points from 9 games to reach the magical on 07:18 - Mar 5 with 932 viewsDr_Winston

10 points from 9 games to reach the magical on 22:51 - Mar 4 by JJJack

I agree with you guys. I see Palace, Huddersfield and West Ham all finishing on 39pts and us and Newcastle above 40.
But Stoke and Saints I see them finishing on 34 and 35 respectively and that includes Saints drawing at the Liberty. Their run-ins are hideous and they both lack experience of battling relegation. So if my calcs are anywhere near correct then 36 would be enough and the fight may not be as close as we currently think.
Given the choice I’d prefer West Ham , Stoke and Saints or Newcastle to go as they are all bigger clubs than us with resources/money but obviously I don’t really care providing we survive

Tend to agree.

There have been a few years where you think that it might go to the 40 point wire then a couple of teams do a late bellyflop and 36-37 points turns out to have been enough after all. Looking at the run ins it wouldn't be remotely surprising if Stoke, Saints or Palace do it.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

10 points from 9 games to reach the magical on 07:32 - Mar 5 with 919 viewsThornburyswan

10 points from 9 games to reach the magical on 07:18 - Mar 5 by Dr_Winston

Tend to agree.

There have been a few years where you think that it might go to the 40 point wire then a couple of teams do a late bellyflop and 36-37 points turns out to have been enough after all. Looking at the run ins it wouldn't be remotely surprising if Stoke, Saints or Palace do it.

If we get to 37/38 or better before the final game at home to Stoke we should be able to go into that game with a smile imho.
10 points from 9 games to reach the magical on 10:39 - Mar 5 with 825 viewsHuwJackBastard

10 points from 9 games to reach the magical on 17:33 - Mar 3 by JACKMANANDBOY

Lots of bottom teams playing eachother, I'm thinking 40+

i agree - i think it will be more than 40 Points too! its so tight from 9th to 18th
10 points from 9 games to reach the magical on 11:17 - Mar 5 with 787 viewsJoe_bradshaw

38 will be enough as usual.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

10 points from 9 games to reach the magical on 11:25 - Mar 5 with 777 viewssherpajacob

10 points from 9 games to reach the magical on 17:33 - Mar 3 by JACKMANANDBOY

Lots of bottom teams playing eachother, I'm thinking 40+

Will TV people want our match with saints to be rearranged for as late as possible in the season in case it's a match that could send somebody down / keep somebody up.

With a bit of luck it will be a case of a,point keeps us both up.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024