Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Serena's arse 16:15 - May 29 with 24792 viewssainthelens

Have a look guys...she's on court now. Wonderful it is.
Serena's arse on 13:15 - Jun 5 with 1757 viewsE20Jack

Serena's arse on 12:11 - Jun 5 by londonlisa2001

Ah, so in your view the inequality in your organisation is created by serving women first at one lunch in the year rather than by the fact that there are 8 members of the PLC board of your organisation and 7 of them are men (I happen to know the woman by the way).

And you refused to go to the lunch?

I imagine you don’t refuse to go to work because of the more serious bit though? No. Thought not.

And feminism is abhorrent because there was one shouty woman on a tv interview about feminism (the irony of it being presented by a man seemingly escapes you) and because of some female morons on Big Brother (definitely where all the sensible people look for a reflection of sensible thought and exposition of ideas).

Feminism growing in alarming numbers while misogyny is falling?

I suggest you look at the results of last week’s publication of the Hampton-Alexander review. The issues that are important are not little creeps making disgusting comments on here but the comments that came out of FTSE boards as part of this review.

‘We have one woman already on the board, so we are done - it is someone else's turn"

‘There aren't that many women with the right credentials and depth of experience to sit on the board - the issues covered are extremely complex"

“My other board colleagues wouldn't want to appoint a woman on our board"

“Most women don't want the hassle or pressure of sitting on a board"

Just this morning, the CEO of Qatar Airlines has said:

“Of course it (his company) has to be led by a man, because it is a very challenging position.”

To be frank, I think they could probably find a woman good enough to take on the ‘challenging position’ currently held by someone who is quite obviously spectacularly inept - inept enough to have to spend the rest of the day / week / month backtracking as his company suffers massive shock due to his stupid comments.

None of that is as important a reflection on the state of play as your lunch though, so well done you for sticking to your principles.

Not at all. There is no inequality in my industry. It just so happens that it is male dominated, just as nursing, psychology and teaching is female dominated. But there are no barriers in a woman’s way if they wish to progress in my industry or organisation. To rattle off a ratio without context and presenting it as meaningful is what the new age feminists do, of which I sincerely hope you are not part of.

Your ratio of board members reflect more than our female customer base (which is an accurate barometer of female interest in our industry with millions of subjects), much more. So for it to be any higher would be abnormal as opposed to equality. It’s like expecting 50:50 female and male professional football managers, it’s unrealistic for reasons other than inequality or sexism.

Yes I would also refuse to partake in any corporate lunch that had a proviso that men get to go first too, even more so on a day we celebrate equality. If I felt there was inequality in my industry, or more accurately, my organisation then I would absolutely stand up and make my presence felt.

No, new age feminism is abhorrent because of what it stands for, not because of a shouty woman. That’s a bit like me saying “so fascism is bad just because of a shouty man with a moustache and a comb over?”. Said shouty woman simply is one of a growing movement of women that put down men in order to elevate their sex, it’s abhorrent.

It was simply a story of my experience similar to the one you gave about the bullies, surely you are no more claiming all Spanish kids are bullies as I am all women are new age feminists. But your bullies exist en masse, as do my new age feminists.

I don’t think misogyny is growing at all no. Put this thread on a similar board 20 years ago and the majority would join in I’m sure, 20 years later and you have men standing up for women in defence of this awful thread.

Our newly merged company will also be a FTSE 100 in the coming weeks. There is a multitude of reasons why men dominate these positions, you have to ask yourself if it is equality of outcome you desire or equality of opportunity. If the second is true and you feel it is not present then you have every right to be annoyed, however I believe the first to be true for many which is unrealistic in concept and tyrannical in application.

Men and women are not the same, that’s not saying one is better than the other, but left to their own devices without any external or internal influences and you would not see an even split of genders in jobs, even with complete free choice and complete equal opportunity, you just wouldn’t.

That’s also why the gender pay gap, in the main, is a myth.

I genuinely did not think you would object to anything I said there, a little surprised you did.
[Post edited 5 Jun 2018 14:07]

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Serena's arse on 14:32 - Jun 5 with 1666 viewslondonlisa2001

Serena's arse on 13:15 - Jun 5 by E20Jack

Not at all. There is no inequality in my industry. It just so happens that it is male dominated, just as nursing, psychology and teaching is female dominated. But there are no barriers in a woman’s way if they wish to progress in my industry or organisation. To rattle off a ratio without context and presenting it as meaningful is what the new age feminists do, of which I sincerely hope you are not part of.

Your ratio of board members reflect more than our female customer base (which is an accurate barometer of female interest in our industry with millions of subjects), much more. So for it to be any higher would be abnormal as opposed to equality. It’s like expecting 50:50 female and male professional football managers, it’s unrealistic for reasons other than inequality or sexism.

Yes I would also refuse to partake in any corporate lunch that had a proviso that men get to go first too, even more so on a day we celebrate equality. If I felt there was inequality in my industry, or more accurately, my organisation then I would absolutely stand up and make my presence felt.

No, new age feminism is abhorrent because of what it stands for, not because of a shouty woman. That’s a bit like me saying “so fascism is bad just because of a shouty man with a moustache and a comb over?”. Said shouty woman simply is one of a growing movement of women that put down men in order to elevate their sex, it’s abhorrent.

It was simply a story of my experience similar to the one you gave about the bullies, surely you are no more claiming all Spanish kids are bullies as I am all women are new age feminists. But your bullies exist en masse, as do my new age feminists.

I don’t think misogyny is growing at all no. Put this thread on a similar board 20 years ago and the majority would join in I’m sure, 20 years later and you have men standing up for women in defence of this awful thread.

Our newly merged company will also be a FTSE 100 in the coming weeks. There is a multitude of reasons why men dominate these positions, you have to ask yourself if it is equality of outcome you desire or equality of opportunity. If the second is true and you feel it is not present then you have every right to be annoyed, however I believe the first to be true for many which is unrealistic in concept and tyrannical in application.

Men and women are not the same, that’s not saying one is better than the other, but left to their own devices without any external or internal influences and you would not see an even split of genders in jobs, even with complete free choice and complete equal opportunity, you just wouldn’t.

That’s also why the gender pay gap, in the main, is a myth.

I genuinely did not think you would object to anything I said there, a little surprised you did.
[Post edited 5 Jun 2018 14:07]

Interesting.

Male dominated industry you say?

Actually your organisation prior to the takeover had 51.1% women and 48.9% men. So not so much.

Helpfully they split it by pay quartile of employees as well . Let’s have a look:

Q1 (lowest paid employees) - 53.6% women, 46.4% men
Q2 - 52.8% women, 47.2% men
Q3 - 53.6% women, 46.4% men
Q4 (highest paid employees) - 39.9% women, 60.1% men

God, what happened there then? In that male dominated industry?

Perhaps it’s an unfair look at the business. Let’s look at it a different way. The organisation is split into bands or grades. According to published info 8 grades - A to H. A being the highest grade.

Interestingly grades E-H split 51.4% women, 48.6% men.

The higher grades though are split 21.4% women, 78.6% men.

Bonus pay gender gap is 76%. Gosh - it’s a good job all those men are so much better than the women given the equality of opportunity isn’t it.

Basic pay gender gap is 15.5%. Yeah, but male dominated (well, it’s not but we’re going to pretend it is right?)

As for the ‘customers are mostly men’ bit - I assume we’ll find a gender differential skewed towards women at the big retailers then? Supermarkets etc?

Well, we do, but again skewed towards men. 14 people on the board of Tesco Plc (I assume you acknowledge that most customers are female?) - oh look, 11 men. Maybe it’s a one off, let’s look at Sainsbury. Supermarkets and Argos - lots and lots of women customers then yet how many on the PLC board ? 10 of them, 7 men.

Good job all these facts are available though, otherwise you could say stuff like ‘it’s a male dominated industry’ make some patronising comment about nursing, and people may believe you.

As for the ‘equality of opportunity not equality of outcome’ bit much loved by men that argue about this stuff. Do you think a woman being considered for a role in the company whose Chair said ‘we already have one women’ or the one that said ‘it’s all a bit complicated’ have an equal opportunity to succeed? The law says there’s equality, the reality is different.

As you can see from your own organisation.

But never mind - they were served first at one lunch on one day in the year.
Serena's arse on 14:44 - Jun 5 with 1663 viewspikeypaul

Daria Kasatkina v Sloane Stephens coming up in 30 minutes worth watching just for the marvellous legs on the Russian,enjoy it boys I know I will.

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Serena's arse on 14:44 - Jun 5 with 1668 viewsHighjack

Serena's arse on 14:32 - Jun 5 by londonlisa2001

Interesting.

Actually your organisation prior to the takeover had 51.1% women and 48.9% men. So not so much.

Helpfully they split it by pay quartile of employees as well . Let’s have a look:

Perhaps it’s an unfair look at the business. Let’s look at it a different way. The organisation is split into bands or grades. According to published info 8 grades - A to H. A being the highest grade.

Bonus pay gender gap is 76%. Gosh - it’s a good job all those men are so much better than the women given the equality of opportunity isn’t it.

Basic pay gender gap is 15.5%. Yeah, but male dominated (well, it’s not but we’re going to pretend it is right?)

As for the ‘customers are mostly men’ bit - I assume we’ll find a gender differential skewed towards women at the big retailers then? Supermarkets etc?

Well, we do, but again skewed towards men. 14 people on the board of Tesco Plc (I assume you acknowledge that most customers are female?) - oh look, 11 men. Maybe it’s a one off, let’s look at Sainsbury. Supermarkets and Argos - lots and lots of women customers then yet how many on the PLC board ? 10 of them, 7 men.

Good job all these facts are available though, otherwise you could say stuff like ‘it’s a male dominated industry’ make some patronising comment about nursing, and people may believe you.

As for the ‘equality of opportunity not equality of outcome’ bit much loved by men that argue about this stuff. Do you think a woman being considered for a role in the company whose Chair said ‘we already have one women’ or the one that said ‘it’s all a bit complicated’ have an equal opportunity to succeed? The law says there’s equality, the reality is different.

Most of the food at the lunch would have killed him anyway so it’s probably for the best he didn’t attend.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Serena's arse on 14:51 - Jun 5 with 1652 viewsHighjack

Serena's arse on 22:10 - Jun 4 by londonlisa2001

I’ve always believed where possible in letting comments stay public so people can see that this stuff still exists in 2018.

There are abhorrent racist and homophobic comments on other threads as well at the moment, which are sickening but again show that there is still an issue.

I’d like to point out for the interests of posterity (no pun intended) in case there are historical legal proceedings commencing against us in 30 years time, in reply number one of this thread I pointed out my respect for her extraordinary tennis playing skills first and foremost. I do not objectify her and her lovely arse in any way shape or form.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Serena's arse on 15:17 - Jun 5 with 1615 viewsE20Jack

Serena's arse on 14:32 - Jun 5 by londonlisa2001

Interesting.

Yes it is absolutely a male dominated industry, your stats may refer to HR, marketing and administration roles which from my experience are dominated by women. But in terms of the industry, the trading floor is 99% male dominated. Whether you or others believe that is irrelevant, it is a fact, 99% is probably being ratherr generous. This is another example of your use of stats without context to push a narrative (although oddly your has changed from my industry being a problem area for inequality to the bastion of equal opportunities).

I have no idea what you would find at the main retailers, but customers don’t tend to be “interested” in groceries and thus pursue a career path in it, retail is there as a necessity not an interest driven activity. Our male dominated customer base reflects our male dominated organisation (the actual organisation, not HR, admin and office staff).

What do you mean all those men are better than all those women? Larger bonuses get paid to larger salaries, and larger salaries are paid to higher positions. Those higher positions get filled by those who work their way up through the industry (trading and risk). You don’t become one of the main players in an industry like ours by being in marketing, HR or promotions, which are areas doninated by women. So my bonus for example would be immensely higher than those in those sectors, but that isn’t due to my gender - it is due to my job, one that is open to all sexes but yet dominated by men. I have interviewed prospective candidates for 3 years and have only ever interviewed 1 woman, that ratio is about 100:1.

It’s odd that you can say a story about a lunch and a table tennis game, yet if I tell you a story about a lunch I had (or didn’t in this instance) then it is used as the basis of my point - quite disingenuously as I am sure we both are aware.

Your problem is looking at statistics without understanding the organisation in which you are trying to attribute them to. So if you don’t understand the organisation then you cannot make any conclusions or understanding of the figures you have.

Why do you believe me saying psychology and teaching is dominated by women as patronising? It is simply a fact. They are not sexist to men though are they? Men just generally choose other career paths, men and women are different, they have different goals, ambitions, emotional and physical needs and capabilities, there are exceptions however and it is those that tend to progress to where they want.

I don’t know which part you are actually finding hard to agree with?

Serena's arse on 15:28 - Jun 5 with 1592 viewslondonlisa2001

Serena's arse on 15:17 - Jun 5 by E20Jack

Yes it is absolutely a male dominated industry, your stats may refer to HR, marketing and administration roles which from my experience are dominated by women. But in terms of the industry, the trading floor is 99% male dominated. Whether you or others believe that is irrelevant, it is a fact, 99% is probably being ratherr generous. This is another example of your use of stats without context to push a narrative (although oddly your has changed from my industry being a problem area for inequality to the bastion of equal opportunities).

I have no idea what you would find at the main retailers, but customers don’t tend to be “interested” in groceries and thus pursue a career path in it, retail is there as a necessity not an interest driven activity. Our male dominated customer base reflects our male dominated organisation (the actual organisation, not HR, admin and office staff).

What do you mean all those men are better than all those women? Larger bonuses get paid to larger salaries, and larger salaries are paid to higher positions. Those higher positions get filled by those who work their way up through the industry (trading and risk). You don’t become one of the main players in an industry like ours by being in marketing, HR or promotions, which are areas doninated by women. So my bonus for example would be immensely higher than those in those sectors, but that isn’t due to my gender - it is due to my job, one that is open to all sexes but yet dominated by men. I have interviewed prospective candidates for 3 years and have only ever interviewed 1 woman, that ratio is about 100:1.

It’s odd that you can say a story about a lunch and a table tennis game, yet if I tell you a story about a lunch I had (or didn’t in this instance) then it is used as the basis of my point - quite disingenuously as I am sure we both are aware.

Your problem is looking at statistics without understanding the organisation in which you are trying to attribute them to. So if you don’t understand the organisation then you cannot make any conclusions or understanding of the figures you have.

Why do you believe me saying psychology and teaching is dominated by women as patronising? It is simply a fact. They are not sexist to men though are they? Men just generally choose other career paths, men and women are different, they have different goals, ambitions, emotional and physical needs and capabilities, there are exceptions however and it is those that tend to progress to where they want.

I don’t know which part you are actually finding hard to agree with?

My stats didn’t refer to anything of the sort.

They are the published statistics for your organisation. As a whole.

What you are now saying is that it’s not male dominated but the important bits are done by men? So in an organisation that has north of 20,000 staff, the 51% women are all in HR, marketing and admin? That’s a hell of a percentage of back office functions compared to the operations bit isn’t it? A stupid percentage. Perhaps all these fantastic men should bring in some women that can show them how to actually run a company properly? Or perhaps you are making it up as you go along.

You should let them know though that their report is wrong and you know much better than they do.

Lol.

And customers only matter in betting but not in retail? That’s convenient.

Lol again.

By the way - i didn’t refer to teaching and psychology as you added those as an edit to the post to which I replied. You originally only mentioned nursing.
Serena's arse on 15:59 - Jun 5 with 1571 viewsE20Jack

Serena's arse on 15:28 - Jun 5 by londonlisa2001

My stats didn’t refer to anything of the sort.

They are the published statistics for your organisation. As a whole.

What you are now saying is that it’s not male dominated but the important bits are done by men? So in an organisation that has north of 20,000 staff, the 51% women are all in HR, marketing and admin? That’s a hell of a percentage of back office functions compared to the operations bit isn’t it? A stupid percentage. Perhaps all these fantastic men should bring in some women that can show them how to actually run a company properly? Or perhaps you are making it up as you go along.

You should let them know though that their report is wrong and you know much better than they do.

Lol.

And customers only matter in betting but not in retail? That’s convenient.

Lol again.

By the way - i didn’t refer to teaching and psychology as you added those as an edit to the post to which I replied. You originally only mentioned nursing.

Not the important stuff no, the integral part. Take away the trading floor which IS the organisation and you simply do not have an organisation, take away the roles surrounding it and you just lose scale. It is an industry dominated by male roles and then an industry promoted by female dominant and mixed roles.

I’m not “NOW” saying it, I have said it from the very start. My organisation and industry IS male dominated. You can go and get stats to show roles that promote the industry are female dominated if you like, but considering what those roles are, it doesn’t really do your point any favours which is regarding the salary difference. The salary difference comes down to job not gender, something you clearly didn’t consider because you don’t know the industry.

No, it’s not a stupid % at all. The operations are run by about 250 people on London, about 100 in Gibraltar, 100 in Manila and 100 in Brisbane. The rest are HR, marketing, promotions, shop staff (4000 shops), call center staff etc etc but again you would t know that because you clearly don’t understand the business.

Who said their report is wrong? I have every faith it is correct. I have said you are taking those figures and are making your own conclusions on a business you don’t have the first clue about while discussing it with a man who is currently charged with integrating the merger globally.

Customers only mater? What do you mean? Customers matter in all businesses, that’s a strawman argument and skmejing we have not even discussed. I simply said that comparing my industry and it’s customer base (which is there out of customer expression of non essential interest) and grocery shopping, which is an essential part of survival is quite silly when comparing the genders within those organisations. Again that probably comes down to your lack of intrinsic understanding of the industry I represent.

Then if you didn’t reply to my edit of psychology and teaching, why did you mention them as being patronising? Why do you think the nursing profession being female dominated is patronising? Isn’t it female dominated then? Is it because they are sexist or are females more nurturing in general than men?

So what is it you are actually disagreeing about? Do you even know? Or are you just bulldozing your way through this like you Spanish kids at the table tennis game?
[Post edited 5 Jun 2018 16:19]

Login to get fewer ads

Serena's arse on 16:06 - Jun 5 with 1542 viewsDarran

Lisa stop replying to the troll FFS,you’re not going to have the last word if you’re life depended upon.
Ignore the prick.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Serena's arse on 16:10 - Jun 5 with 1549 viewsE20Jack

Serena's arse on 16:06 - Jun 5 by Darran

Lisa stop replying to the troll FFS,you’re not going to have the last word if you’re life depended upon.
Ignore the prick.

You should have that as your footer. It would save everybody the boredom of reading it.

Nothing to do with the last word, it is correcting someone that is clearly wrong that is claiming to know the industry I am in amd making incorrect conclusions while disingenuously entering into a personal discussion surrounding my own views.

Other than that she’s great

Serena's arse on 18:07 - Jun 5 with 1490 viewspikeypaul

E20 Let's keep the thread on topic please.

It’s very rude to hijack sainthelens thread in this way.

Now Serenas Arse discuss.

297 AFLI

SIUYRL
[Post edited 5 Jun 2018 18:20]

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧

Serena's arse on 18:41 - Jun 5 with 1461 viewspikeypaul

Highlights of the women’s quarters on ITV4 now guys.

Stephens looking very fit to be fair.

Serena's arse on 19:11 - Jun 5 with 1440 viewspikeypaul

Now we do have some quality on court take a gander at Putintseva guys.

Serena's arse on 19:26 - Jun 5 with 1429 viewsmoonie

Equal prize money in tennis.?
Serena's arse on 19:44 - Jun 5 with 1409 viewssainthelens

Serena's arse on 18:07 - Jun 5 by pikeypaul

E20 Let's keep the thread on topic please.

It’s very rude to hijack sainthelens thread in this way.

Now Serenas Arse discuss.

297 AFLI

SIUYRL
[Post edited 5 Jun 2018 18:20]

Cheers Pikey...tho tbh , if I'd known all this was gonna kick off I'd have kept the image of Serenas backside to myself.
Serena's arse on 19:44 - Jun 5 with 1406 viewspikeypaul

Serena's arse on 19:26 - Jun 5 by moonie

Equal prize money in tennis.?

That’s just crazy when you compare the abilities of the two sexes. The female no 1 would not live with the male no 200.

Serena's arse on 20:09 - Jun 5 with 1396 viewslondonlisa2001

Serena's arse on 15:59 - Jun 5 by E20Jack

Not the important stuff no, the integral part. Take away the trading floor which IS the organisation and you simply do not have an organisation, take away the roles surrounding it and you just lose scale. It is an industry dominated by male roles and then an industry promoted by female dominant and mixed roles.

I’m not “NOW” saying it, I have said it from the very start. My organisation and industry IS male dominated. You can go and get stats to show roles that promote the industry are female dominated if you like, but considering what those roles are, it doesn’t really do your point any favours which is regarding the salary difference. The salary difference comes down to job not gender, something you clearly didn’t consider because you don’t know the industry.

No, it’s not a stupid % at all. The operations are run by about 250 people on London, about 100 in Gibraltar, 100 in Manila and 100 in Brisbane. The rest are HR, marketing, promotions, shop staff (4000 shops), call center staff etc etc but again you would t know that because you clearly don’t understand the business.

Who said their report is wrong? I have every faith it is correct. I have said you are taking those figures and are making your own conclusions on a business you don’t have the first clue about while discussing it with a man who is currently charged with integrating the merger globally.

Customers only mater? What do you mean? Customers matter in all businesses, that’s a strawman argument and skmejing we have not even discussed. I simply said that comparing my industry and it’s customer base (which is there out of customer expression of non essential interest) and grocery shopping, which is an essential part of survival is quite silly when comparing the genders within those organisations. Again that probably comes down to your lack of intrinsic understanding of the industry I represent.

Then if you didn’t reply to my edit of psychology and teaching, why did you mention them as being patronising? Why do you think the nursing profession being female dominated is patronising? Isn’t it female dominated then? Is it because they are sexist or are females more nurturing in general than men?

So what is it you are actually disagreeing about? Do you even know? Or are you just bulldozing your way through this like you Spanish kids at the table tennis game?
[Post edited 5 Jun 2018 16:19]

Let’s recap. You started saying some crap about a lunch and your hatred of inequality , feminism and some shouty woman on an unspecified tv programme. Summarising by saying feminism was on the increase which was abhorrent whereas sexism was increasingly rare.

I pointed out the issues of actual discrimination that still exist ignoring creepy pervs like pikeypaul and used your organisation as one example of the issue.

Cue you stating (a) your organisation is male dominated (which I proved to be an incorrect statement) and (b) it’s because customers are male (I pointed out that relationship from customer to industry serving said customer doesn’t hold).

Now the trading floor may well be male dominated but the Plc board don’t all come from trading floors. Many don’t even come from anything to do with gambling / gaming. So it’s irrelevant.

By the way this nonsense about being disingenuous about the industry or not understanding the industry is patronising guff. It doesn’t matter whether anyone knows the industry. It’s not a particularly difficult industry to understand as it happens.
Serena's arse on 20:10 - Jun 5 with 1393 viewspikeypaul

Serena's arse on 19:44 - Jun 5 by sainthelens

Cheers Pikey...tho tbh , if I'd known all this was gonna kick off I'd have kept the image of Serenas backside to myself.

No problem sainthelens.
Some people live up their own rsoles and think they can hijack threads.
The mods need to sort these types out.

Serena's arse on 21:19 - Jun 5 with 1350 viewsmoonie

It's crap to you Lisa. How about you show a little respect for opinions of others . Ive not seen such pretentious posting in many years.

You ve written a novel almost so I've no idea where you find the time with you being a successful business woman with far greater interlect than us poor Plebs .

Many would have switched off after reading your second paragraph . Stats ,stats and more stats .

You ve derailed this thread to posture again with your condescending critique of more poor saps who disagree with you.

Now then, back of topic... It's grotesque .end of.
Serena's arse on 21:21 - Jun 5 with 1347 viewsDarran

Serena's arse on 21:19 - Jun 5 by moonie

It's crap to you Lisa. How about you show a little respect for opinions of others . Ive not seen such pretentious posting in many years.

You ve written a novel almost so I've no idea where you find the time with you being a successful business woman with far greater interlect than us poor Plebs .

Many would have switched off after reading your second paragraph . Stats ,stats and more stats .

You ve derailed this thread to posture again with your condescending critique of more poor saps who disagree with you.

Creepy.

Serena's arse on 21:30 - Jun 5 with 1337 viewsmoonie

Taking insults and abuse and lies from the likes of you is nowhere near as bad as the relentless stream of bloated bolloxfrom Lisa.

You have nowt else to do
Serena's arse on 21:32 - Jun 5 with 1334 viewslondonlisa2001

Serena's arse on 21:19 - Jun 5 by moonie

Oh do shut up you silly little man.

And try to avoid posting about someone's ‘interlect’ .

To be frank it unfortunately makes you look as thick as sh*t.
Serena's arse on 21:33 - Jun 5 with 1329 viewsJackfath

Serena's arse on 21:32 - Jun 5 by londonlisa2001

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Serena's arse on 21:36 - Jun 5 with 1323 viewsDarran

Serena's arse on 21:32 - Jun 5 by londonlisa2001

Serena's arse on 23:59 - Jun 5 with 1247 viewsE20Jack

Serena's arse on 20:09 - Jun 5 by londonlisa2001

Let’s recap. You started saying some crap about a lunch and your hatred of inequality , feminism and some shouty woman on an unspecified tv programme. Summarising by saying feminism was on the increase which was abhorrent whereas sexism was increasingly rare.

I pointed out the issues of actual discrimination that still exist ignoring creepy pervs like pikeypaul and used your organisation as one example of the issue.

Cue you stating (a) your organisation is male dominated (which I proved to be an incorrect statement) and (b) it’s because customers are male (I pointed out that relationship from customer to industry serving said customer doesn’t hold).

Now the trading floor may well be male dominated but the Plc board don’t all come from trading floors. Many don’t even come from anything to do with gambling / gaming. So it’s irrelevant.

By the way this nonsense about being disingenuous about the industry or not understanding the industry is patronising guff. It doesn’t matter whether anyone knows the industry. It’s not a particularly difficult industry to understand as it happens.

Yep, happy to recap.

I wasn’t saying any “crap”, I was telling you an actual account of a story that happened a mere few weeks back. Similar to your story about the table tennis game and your dislike of bullies, surely a story doesn’t count as “crap” just because it came from someone else? Does it? But yes, I gave that story as an example why I find it so frustrating that people strive for equality by being non inclusive.

It is important that you paraphrase what I actually say too or at least give it context, which is “new age feminism” - not feminism, they are wildly different. I am making these stats up because I can’t remember them but can look if you really want to - they won’t be too far off the mark. I believe a recent research study found that something like 95% of women believed in equality of the sexes while only 25% of women identified as being a feminist or for feminism. That’s because in this new age, equality and feminism don’t mean the same thing, women are distancing themselves from it in their droves as this movement grows, which is also encouraging.

Yes I also think it’s absolutely clear that sexism, racism, homophobia and all forms of historical bigotry in fact, is on a sharp decline, it would be ridiculous to suggest it isn’t. Look around you. You point to 1 member of my 8 strong board being a woman, 20 years ago that would likely be zero, and now it represents a much larger % than the female customer base in the organisation and in fact the female work force within the organisation (the actual organisation).

You pointed out that numbers in my organisation were split, as a reason to accuse the company of bigotry/discrimination due to “only” 1 of 8 board members being female. I accurately pointed out that your figures lacked context and understanding of the organisation at hand. The core of the business (where any promotions to the level you are talking about) is male dominated or outsourced. Hence the higher up the chain you go the more male dominated it will be, that’s maths more than bigotry.

Very similar to saying the fashion industry is dominated by women who form a large part of the high pay structure and then pulling up stats showing it isn’t because of 10,000 male workers behind the till at topman. The fact is that it is the female designers and models, integral to the core of the industry that get those jobs, not the majority of workers in the industry that are minimum wage shop workers, then attempting to say the industry is discriminative off the back of those figures without context. (I have no idea about the fashion industry by the way, it was a like for like example of what you are putting to me).

Yes I also pointed out that our customer base is massively male dominated. You attempted to equate that to a grocery store. I correctly told you that they are nothing alike. Our customer base is interest driven, grocery stores are driven by every day necessity. Humans need water everyday but we don’t all seek a career in it, yet motorbike companies will generally have people involved in the organisation that love motorbikes and have been a customer of any type of motorbike company prior to seeking a career path in the sector. That is interest driven recruitment, that is key in our industry.

I personally know the CEO and many board members of both the previous company and now the merged company, almost all have extensive gaming and trading CV’s. Some on the board may not, but they would bring other skills to the table, of which the female on that board would be able to tell you I would assume, unless she was one of the few women in the trading sector making successful multi million pound trades?

It’s only as patronising as you saying I am making up what I am saying when I am clearly not. The thing is Lisa, you actually don’t understand the industry, but it’s not patronising at all, why would you? You aren’t involved in it. It is not a discredit to not understand an industry you are not in, I don’t understand the drinks industry as you would, I wouldn’t take offence to you telling me that if I clearly did not understand the structures of said company as you did.

You are a very intelligent women, so I am not putting it down to stupidity, hence why I think your comparisons to Tesco, your dismissing of my off the cuff story while allowing your quite similar one to stand, your presenting of facts without context / or listening to my perfectly rational explanation (from a person you know to be heavily involved in that industry globally).. comes across as disingenuous. An attempt to verbally spar with someone on the internet as opposed to having an actual debate.

I still am none the wiser about what you disagree with by the way. Would you attend a lunch where it was under the proviso that men go first? I certainly wouldn’t and hope you would feel similarly disappointed in the lack of understanding of the day we were supposed to be celebrating. My morals transcend gender, although I have a sneaking suspicion yours may not?
[Post edited 6 Jun 2018 0:15]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024