Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
lol..I give up. 10:38 - Jul 24 with 9020 viewsomarjack

They actually want to charge people extra 3 pounds so they can stick "Low Cost Vans" on their asses.

https://www.swanseacity.com/news/shirt-sponsor-logo-update

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

lol..I give up. on 14:30 - Jul 24 with 1610 viewsMrSwansea

lol..I give up. on 14:26 - Jul 24 by BlasterJack

I don't think that anyone is against the club gaining more commercial sponsorship, more so the fact they are attempting to charge an additional £3 to have a small piece of plastic heat sealed onto an already overpriced bit of tat.
[Post edited 24 Jul 2018 14:26]

That is the part I don't understand.

£3 is very little. Do you think the Swans should offer this service free? This is a season where we need to cut costs, improve revenue streams (impossible) and tighten up. A small charge of £3 to ensure the club don't lose money is not a huge effort.

Agreed, it is all overpriced tat. Never bought one myself!

Arseholes. The lot of you.
Poll: Who has received a pay rise in line with inflation within the last three years?

lol..I give up. on 14:30 - Jul 24 with 1609 viewsjack247

lol..I give up. on 14:21 - Jul 24 by MrSwansea

So you think it is greedy for the Swans to venture out into the market to gain more sponsorship? It probably is greed but I want the swans management to be greedy in an attempt to benefit the clubs coffers. Don't you?

Incompetence, could be. Could be anything.

Why has this issue made you so angry? I really dont understand it.

I actually think it’s incompetence with a bit of greed hastily thrown in.

There’s nothing wrong with trying to secure sponsorship, particularly local sponsorship. The greed I’m referring to isn’t related to that, it’s charging fans extra to have the same shirt as the players, after they’ve already bought one assuming as much.

If it’s pure incompetence, they could have offered to add the Swansea Uni logo to previously bought shirts for free.
lol..I give up. on 14:31 - Jul 24 with 1608 viewsMrSwansea

lol..I give up. on 13:06 - Jul 24 by jack247

Here are another two

1. Incompetence
2. Cynical greed

Will you be paying to put the logo on your shirt?

Arseholes. The lot of you.
Poll: Who has received a pay rise in line with inflation within the last three years?

lol..I give up. on 14:35 - Jul 24 with 1604 viewsBlasterJack

lol..I give up. on 14:30 - Jul 24 by MrSwansea

£3 is very little. Do you think the Swans should offer this service free? This is a season where we need to cut costs, improve revenue streams (impossible) and tighten up. A small charge of £3 to ensure the club don't lose money is not a huge effort.

"Do you think the Swans should offer this service free?"

I obviously do as otherwise I wouldn't be banging on about it would I?
There's tightening the purse strings and then there's taking the piss out of supporters.
This falls into the latter without question.

"And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts. And I looked, and behold a pale horse, and his name that sat on him was Death, and hell followed with him."

lol..I give up. on 14:42 - Jul 24 with 1594 viewsjack247

lol..I give up. on 14:31 - Jul 24 by MrSwansea

Will you be paying to put the logo on your shirt?

I won’t be buying a shirt.

Just because it doesn’t affect me personally doesn’t me I can’t think it’s out of order.
lol..I give up. on 14:45 - Jul 24 with 1587 viewsjack247

Of course they should offer it for free. The amount itself is not the issue.

The point of replica shirts is they look exactly the same as the ones the players wear. The club have sold a load of these under that pretence and then changed them.
lol..I give up. on 14:45 - Jul 24 with 1585 viewsBarrySwan

lol..I give up. on 13:57 - Jul 24 by Swan91

So would you be annoyed with their signs in the stadium, their promotion on websites and social media, the signs in the streets? that money is also going to those.... if anything the swansea shirt would be better than most of the other ways of advertising I have mentioned above.. many young people will watch Championship games and cup games including many people who are still considering university... very big reach for them.

you expect a business to give the university free advertising... bad business model.

No I don't expect a business to give a university free advertising.

I also don't expect a university to be pumping money into a premiership.... now championship football club.

I would also question whether someone who is supposedly seriously considering their further education options at university level is actually fit to go to university if they need to be prompted by a mention of a university on the back of a football shirt.

Call me naiive but I had previously thought that our best and brightest might well have spent quite some considerable hours poring over details and reports of which educational establishment in the country ( or abroad ) put on the most well regarded course in the required field that they wished to participate in.

Rather than switching on the telly to watch the football and suddenly shouting out.....Bl**dy Hell!! Swansea University, Swansea University I hadn't thought of going there!
[Post edited 24 Jul 2018 14:54]
lol..I give up. on 15:01 - Jul 24 with 1558 viewsFlashberryjack

The Comical Department strikes again...surprise surprise.

Who the f*ck is in charge of it ?

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Login to get fewer ads

lol..I give up. on 15:23 - Jul 24 with 1516 viewsJackBaston

Ive never bought a top at the beginning of the season as £60 is ridiculous, sometimes i get them as gifts as my birthdays august

but last 3 years got every shirt for about £10 each towards end of season
lol..I give up. on 15:29 - Jul 24 with 1509 viewsSwan91

lol..I give up. on 15:23 - Jul 24 by JackBaston

Ive never bought a top at the beginning of the season as £60 is ridiculous, sometimes i get them as gifts as my birthdays august

but last 3 years got every shirt for about £10 each towards end of season

I play football with friends often.. so buy the shirts for when I play and for when I exercise.
lol..I give up. on 16:56 - Jul 24 with 1467 viewsBillyChong

Of course the club should offer this for free to those that have already bought the kit. It’s their problem that this deal was struck so late on. Sadly they seem to have seen it as an opportunity to get more cash out of the fans.
lol..I give up. on 19:32 - Jul 24 with 1417 viewsBlasterJack

lol..I give up. on 16:56 - Jul 24 by BillyChong

Of course the club should offer this for free to those that have already bought the kit. It’s their problem that this deal was struck so late on. Sadly they seem to have seen it as an opportunity to get more cash out of the fans.

It doesn't come as 'standard' on any shirt. Already purchased or not, it's still extra.
[Post edited 24 Jul 2018 19:33]

"And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts. And I looked, and behold a pale horse, and his name that sat on him was Death, and hell followed with him."

lol..I give up. on 20:19 - Jul 24 with 1382 viewsKingBony

lol..I give up. on 12:12 - Jul 24 by jasper_T

Weren't people complaining the other day that the uni logo wouldn't be on the shirts they'd already bought? £3 parts and labour to stick it on sounds fine for the few people who actually care and weren't just looking for more excuses to moan.

Sort it out before the sell it then, it’s not feckin rocket science is it.

Daddy Daddy cool, Daddy Daddy cool

lol..I give up. on 20:19 - Jul 24 with 1380 viewsKingBony

Butt out then ffs

Daddy Daddy cool, Daddy Daddy cool

lol..I give up. on 20:22 - Jul 24 with 1374 viewsjasper_T

lol..I give up. on 20:19 - Jul 24 by KingBony

Sort it out before the sell it then, it’s not feckin rocket science is it.

Business deals can sometimes be more complicated and frustrating than rocket science. Rockets are generally less temperamental than people.
lol..I give up. on 20:45 - Jul 24 with 1352 viewsPhil_S

Feels like the Ryanair of football shirts at the moment

Maybe we could pay more if people want sleeves on them or even the club badge?

Also I am a little concerned that our global head of partnerships has so far achieved Low Cost Vans and Swansea University. The world really is becoming a smaller place
lol..I give up. on 20:50 - Jul 24 with 1341 viewsBlasterJack

lol..I give up. on 20:45 - Jul 24 by Phil_S

Also I am a little concerned that our global head of partnerships has so far achieved Low Cost Vans and Swansea University. The world really is becoming a smaller place

Don't give them ideas.

2019/2020's one will be a plain cotton t shirt to start.

"Want a Swansea crest Sir? That will be £8"

lol..I give up. on 20:52 - Jul 24 with 1336 viewsPhil_S

lol..I give up. on 20:50 - Jul 24 by BlasterJack

Don't give them ideas.

2019/2020's one will be a plain cotton t shirt to start.

"Want a Swansea crest Sir? That will be £8"

And 30p per letter In the Swansea City underneath it...
lol..I give up. on 21:01 - Jul 24 with 1317 viewsWingstandwood

Yes indeed, great observation btw. And? Truly blows the bullsh#t right out of the water i.e. the #next level# would be attained by overseas American business expertise and participation.

The stark reality is? The club has now become vastly less 'international', far less worldwide famous, far less worldwide brand and is going to shrink. The lies that supporters were fed hey!

Argus!

lol..I give up. on 21:09 - Jul 24 with 1299 viewsWarwickHunt

We just missed out on Apple*.

*The kiosk in Mumbles.
lol..I give up. on 21:14 - Jul 24 with 1288 viewspencoedjack

Pearlman also has a guy working under him his name escapes me but it’s some ‘global title’ & they come up with sponsorship from Neath & Swansea Uni

Top marketing from no doubt about a million pound a year
lol..I give up. on 21:15 - Jul 24 with 1288 viewshobo

Tis a nice logo (the university one), however shouldn't they be the ones having to pay us to show their logo? Very odd
[Post edited 24 Jul 2018 21:15]
lol..I give up. on 21:20 - Jul 24 with 1281 viewsPhil_S

lol..I give up. on 21:14 - Jul 24 by pencoedjack

Pearlman also has a guy working under him his name escapes me but it’s some ‘global title’ & they come up with sponsorship from Neath & Swansea Uni

Top marketing from no doubt about a million pound a year

Thats the guy I was referring to not Pearlman - Mark someone or other - used to work at Leicester City I think.

Its madness isn't it - I'm just waiting for the sponsorship deal with Gower Gold
lol..I give up. on 21:33 - Jul 24 with 1257 viewspencoedjack

lol..I give up. on 21:20 - Jul 24 by Phil_S

Thats the guy I was referring to not Pearlman - Mark someone or other - used to work at Leicester City I think.

Its madness isn't it - I'm just waiting for the sponsorship deal with Gower Gold

It will be 6 quid to have that printed

Probably have ‘JVZ Dutch tours to Abertawe’ around the same time
lol..I give up. on 06:03 - Jul 25 with 1147 viewsPhil_S

lol..I give up. on 21:33 - Jul 24 by pencoedjack

It will be 6 quid to have that printed

Probably have ‘JVZ Dutch tours to Abertawe’ around the same time

We laugh but it is true

Global head of partnerships, starting within 20 mile radius...
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024