Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match thread: Scunthorpe away 14:05 - Sep 8 with 30501 views442Dale

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Match thread: Scunthorpe away on 20:43 - Sep 9 with 2187 viewssoulboy

Match thread: Scunthorpe away on 09:12 - Sep 9 by funkkk

Who would you replace 'X' with must be one of the most overused, unoriginal and silly arguments on this board.

My view is that Hill is in a malaise, he's run out of ideas and seems unable to address the issues the supporters see. He has earned the right at this football club to keep going for now. All that being said there are plenty of other managers out there capable of having us compete in the division. He isn't irreplaceable and maybe the next manager will treat the club and fans with less contempt.

Are you for real? You, along with Dale 23 years, are suggesting we get rid of the best manager in the clubs history. It is hardly an unoriginal or silly argment to ask you to name a replacement, if as you say "there are plenty of other managers out there capable of having us competes in this division".
i wont hold my breath.
Match thread: Scunthorpe away on 22:38 - Sep 9 with 2017 viewskiwidale

Match thread: Scunthorpe away on 17:49 - Sep 9 by TVOS1907

But by the same token, shouldn't there consequently be a 'HILL IN' post for the decisions he made that turned the game back in our favour?

Some people are very quick to criticise, but very slow to praise.

Another five minutes in the game and we would have probably won.
[Post edited 9 Sep 2018 17:51]

A good question and one that will divide opinion however the point I was making was at 0-2 and 1-3 nobody was praising Hill in fact I detected a mood against Hill from posters who had not expressed their concerns as firmly as were evident on this thread. Hill gets plenty of rope on here, it could be argued that he is due it but at 1-3 another spanking was on the cards and this place would have gone into meltdown. Hill deserves credit for turning it around he also deserves the brickbats for a woeful defensive performance Hill blames individual errors? he might be right however those errors were not as apparent when the tactics changed. I hope that Hill will recognise what works and we go on to challenge at the top rather than languish lower mid table because he wants to play possession football in the wrong end of the pitch. It appears that other managers have worked us out and press hard and high until we concede a free kick knowing we cant defend crosses into the box. Just my thoughts, I'm not a coach and as has been pointed out numerous times I don't attend games.

This is not the time for bickering.

Match thread: Scunthorpe away on 05:50 - Sep 10 with 1882 viewsfunkkk

Match thread: Scunthorpe away on 20:43 - Sep 9 by soulboy

Are you for real? You, along with Dale 23 years, are suggesting we get rid of the best manager in the clubs history. It is hardly an unoriginal or silly argment to ask you to name a replacement, if as you say "there are plenty of other managers out there capable of having us competes in this division".
i wont hold my breath.

Are YOU for real? You've literally quoted a post where I have said he has earned the right to keep going.
Match thread: Scunthorpe away on 06:49 - Sep 10 with 1852 viewsaleanddale

KH is by some distance the best manager we have ever had. Certainly in my time.

Yes he is evolving and hopefully improving as a manager still.

So we have defensive issues... I am sure we are working hard to eliminate (boxing aside) and these young lads will improve.

Ok he is stubborn but you need some stubborn steel to keep a squad of 23+ on there toes and ready to go when requested too.

Also to keep 2400 regular supporters happy ( 10% on here? ) will NEVER happen. different demographics in terms of age and expectation see to that.

He has said MANY times the supporter relationship is like a marriage with the occasional bicker and squabble. He is what he is and I take all of the good stuff he does and embrace it and his blips with the biggest pinch of salt I can find.

UP THE DALE!!

Long may Keith Reign!!!
[Post edited 10 Sep 2018 6:52]
Match thread: Scunthorpe away on 08:26 - Sep 10 with 1779 viewsNigeriamark

Match thread: Scunthorpe away on 06:49 - Sep 10 by aleanddale

KH is by some distance the best manager we have ever had. Certainly in my time.

Yes he is evolving and hopefully improving as a manager still.

So we have defensive issues... I am sure we are working hard to eliminate (boxing aside) and these young lads will improve.

Ok he is stubborn but you need some stubborn steel to keep a squad of 23+ on there toes and ready to go when requested too.

Also to keep 2400 regular supporters happy ( 10% on here? ) will NEVER happen. different demographics in terms of age and expectation see to that.

He has said MANY times the supporter relationship is like a marriage with the occasional bicker and squabble. He is what he is and I take all of the good stuff he does and embrace it and his blips with the biggest pinch of salt I can find.

UP THE DALE!!

Long may Keith Reign!!!
[Post edited 10 Sep 2018 6:52]

We have defensive issues, but I would rather be watching "terrible" 3-3 results than some of the defensively sound 0-0 crap we saw last year. No problem for me with the away form or intent away from home ( 8 points from 12, 8 goals scored) but some work to do on defending
It is the home form & intent that worry me. Gillingham will be a real test of our intent. When we play mid to lower placed teams we need to be at them from the off even if we let some goals in. The only really disappointing game for me this year was Walsall who I think are in a false position and who were very beatable. We started out IMO to not lose & only responded once we were 2 down. It was Deja vu from last season & I hope Hilly changes that on Saturday. We really need that first home win on Saturday & provide some excitement to the home fans

I predict a 3-1 win ( but I have been wrong before!!)
Match thread: Scunthorpe away on 13:09 - Sep 10 with 1561 viewsD_Dale

Rathbone's first: snapped up the loose ball and left the Scunny defender flatfooted, after the defensive 'wall' crumbled.

Rathbone's second: brilliantly controlled the ball with his right foot and hit the shot with his left; defender left flatfooted.

Gillam's goal: ball brilliantly controlled with right foot, shot hit with left; three nearby defenders ineffective (one put in late challenge, deflected the ball).

Maybe the home team more defensively dodgy than Dale?

Wilbraham's late miss still frustrating!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024