Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The future... 09:56 - Sep 16 with 5014 viewsdavman

So, we all know that FFP means that it's not going to be easy to compete successfully and that means that it will be harder to attract new fans, so surely the only option is to brainwash our offspring.

My boy is there and is well into the Rs, but what about others? I trust that every single father on here has fulfilled this basic, fatherly requirement on ensuring that they follow the right path? My tactic was simple - you can support someone else, but you will not see any games live until you are 18, 'cos I' m not taking you anywhere else. It has worked!

So, fess up, who has managed to pursuade their kids that it a'int that bad and who has failed to take their kids down the right path?

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

The future... on 08:37 - Sep 17 with 883 viewskingsburyR

Daughters (5 & 8) both have kits.

They have been to a couple of "games" in a friendly and Grenfell but I have yet to bring them to a competitive match.

Being slightly protective its the language that stops me bringing them. I have no problem with the fans right to vent but I'm not sure the girls need to broaden the vocabulary just yet!

Anyone else hesitant about bringing their young'uns for this reason alone?

In a shocking twist they have both mentioned that they support QPR and Arsenal. Fu(k knows where that's come from!

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

The future... on 09:13 - Sep 17 with 856 viewsmikeygunn

The future... on 08:37 - Sep 17 by kingsburyR

Daughters (5 & 8) both have kits.

They have been to a couple of "games" in a friendly and Grenfell but I have yet to bring them to a competitive match.

Being slightly protective its the language that stops me bringing them. I have no problem with the fans right to vent but I'm not sure the girls need to broaden the vocabulary just yet!

Anyone else hesitant about bringing their young'uns for this reason alone?

In a shocking twist they have both mentioned that they support QPR and Arsenal. Fu(k knows where that's come from!

We have never introduced swear words as being bad so they just go above her head as words she doesn’t know yet. Thankfully she’s never asked! I know that won’t always be the case though.
The future... on 09:31 - Sep 17 with 842 views1MoreBrightonR

The future... on 09:13 - Sep 17 by mikeygunn

We have never introduced swear words as being bad so they just go above her head as words she doesn’t know yet. Thankfully she’s never asked! I know that won’t always be the case though.

Was sitting in the family stand a few years back with my niece and nephew and there was a guy behind us who was one of thos really vocal angry fans. Swearing loads, in the family stand which is just a bit embarrassing for him to be fair, but we were wondering if the kids had noticed. Half time, my niece turns to us and says "that man has 13 bad words in the first half". Made us all chuckle....good practice for her counting skills too ;)
The future... on 10:24 - Sep 17 with 809 viewsDanVanDyke

My 14 year old daughter ostensibly supports us, but has no interest in football. She got a strip when she was 6 days old! At primary school she would say she supported QPR, now I'm not sure.

My 12 year old son supports his local team, Newcastle but keeps an eye on us because of me. He goes to a few Newcastle games if he's not playing rugby and is quite clued up. I'm not bothered he doesn't support the hoops, he went with my wife (his step mum) when we drew 2 2 the other season while I was in the away end and we had good banter about it. To make it up to me, he supports my Italian team, Atalanta and national team, Switzerland and watches all those matches with me so I still get the fatherly football thing.

Other two are girls, 3 and 1 and I don't think I'll brainwash them unless they want to support daddy's team.
The future... on 10:35 - Sep 17 with 797 viewsToast_R

My 3.5 year old boy is becoming more aware of football but hasn't quite grasped the concept yet. During the World Cup I bought him a England kit and we put a goal up garden for him to kick balls into, he's finally got over the urge to pick the ball up and throw it all the time. Anyway, in said world cup we had a bit of a family do on one of the Sundays when Mexico played Germany and as you may remember much to everyone delight Mexico won and everyone was cheering and laughing and going a bit mad so now my son is an avid Mexico fan and whenever football is on the TV he asks when Mexico are playing. Ask him his favorite team? - Mexico. As the OP said, he has little chance of me taking him to the Azteca for a game.
The future... on 13:38 - Sep 17 with 759 viewsloneranger1

My little girl's just turned six and has probably been to about a dozen games, starting with a boring 1-1 against Reading under JFH. Not an inspiring start but she really enjoyed the Sheff Weds and Birmingham wins at the end of last season. Losing 1-0 at home to Blackburn in the cup was a low point for us!

Doesn't know too many players names yet (Smithies was her favourite, for some reason she also likes Jake Bidwell) but is slowly getting her head round things and enjoys going when I take her (take food, as someone said above!). We combined a couple of games with trips to the club shop, so she has a little Jude cuddly toy and small QPR teddies - taking those along keeps her happy as well!

I don't generally find the language a problem - we sit in Lower Loft for games when we go together (I sit in R block normally), I guess it's just part of it really but most people in Lower Loft are aware there are kids around them and there's not a lot of OTT swearing going on.

I guess it was never a choice for her but her awareness of other teams is limited, partly cos we don't have sky at home. She got into the world cup a bit but I wasn't keen to tell her that Kane plays for another teams as well as England!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024