Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Blackpool... 03:23 - Sep 24 with 8959 viewsMistication92

What are the odds that McClaren pisses this up the wall, makes 7 changes and we go out limply - ending any real spark in the season until our FA Cup exit in January?
Blackpool... on 21:54 - Sep 25 with 1334 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Blackpool... on 08:21 - Sep 25 by Dorse

It's very unusual to get a semi at QPR.

You obviously haven't seen me waiting for a Balti pie.
Blackpool... on 22:11 - Sep 25 with 1248 viewsCiderwithRsie

Blackpool... on 21:54 - Sep 25 by BazzaInTheLoft

You obviously haven't seen me waiting for a Balti pie.

Blimey, I just eat the things.
Blackpool... on 22:21 - Sep 25 with 1185 viewsLancsR

You called it!! 😫
Blackpool... on 22:35 - Sep 25 with 1136 viewsDejR_vu

Well that went well.

I think we should start including clauses in our managers' contracts stating that they have to pay a fine of £25k every time we lose to lower league opposition in the cup; see how much they want to f@ack around then. @rseholes.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Blackpool... on 05:32 - Sep 26 with 991 viewsjonno

Blackpool... on 17:24 - Sep 24 by Antti_Heinola

It's not spot on. It's missing the point entirely.
If one team has a good squad and can rotate and keep players fresh, then that squad will be stronger over a season than one that has almost no changes. Back when Forest or Liverpool only used 16 players in a season - so did every other team. The comparison doesn't work.
Wolves have played just 7 times since 11th Aug - and they made 9 changes for their cup tie with Sheff Wed - so that's actually 6 (plus internationals). So he can keep an unchanged side - largely - for now, although that won't last the season. We've played 11 times in that time frame and 7 in August alone.
Burnley have tried to do what they did last year while playing in Europe. And Saturday apart you see where that has got them, and commonly it's believed their small squad has become an issue.
Still, it's definitely correct to say that a largely settled side is a good thing - but winning sides tend to be settled and settled sides tend to be winners (if you kept losing, the side would change). We had a very settled side in our championship year - but we still changed it all for cup games.
It's not really about players being soft or not wanting to play - it's about keeping as many players as possible as fresh and as ready as possible for all games.

OK great. So what excuse will they come up with now when we lose at Swansea on Saturday? At least it can't be that the poor little babies are "tired". There is absolutely no excuse for the amount of changes made for last night's game IMHO and the very weak team that was selected, it seemed to me that the Club was not interested in progressing in the competition. Had the game been say at home to Manchester United do you think so many first choice players would have been given the night off? No, suddenly they would all have been capable of playing. The point being that the team selected last night was an insult to the supporters that travelled to watch the game. If the Club is not interested in a competition they should have the decency to tell the supporters so that they don't waste their time and money.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024