Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Things to build on 16:59 - Oct 13 with 9255 viewsCanaDale

Some great football today, and one of the most stressful games for the same reason. This was the best I've seen Dale play up front for a while, the movement and quick passing in the final third was a joy to watch, but in the same breathe, so frustrating that the final pass or shot eluded them. It looks clear that Hill has tried something different up front, the interplay was a big encouragement despite the result. I have no issue with losing, as long as there is a clear plan on show, and giving it their all.
[Post edited 13 Oct 2018 17:05]
Things to build on on 22:58 - Oct 13 with 1948 viewsMoonyDale

Things to build on on 22:52 - Oct 13 by dingdangblue

Classy.

Thanks..

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Things to build on on 23:23 - Oct 13 with 1906 viewstony_roch975

Things to build on on 22:41 - Oct 13 by MoonyDale

Well unless you are Mystic Meg you have no idea if we will win the next 2 games, the same as myself not knowing if we will lose them. I deal in reality not wishful thinking. The reality is we have worse form than the 8 below us over the last half dozen games, I have no issue as I have stated in the way we played going forward today apart from not being able to score more than the opposition. But at the back we are a shambles and have been for 2 seasons now, I see nothing positive in that at all...Sorry if that doesn't sit well with you just as your unerring positivity after yet another shambolic defensive performance doesn't sit well with me...It's Hilly's job to sort it and he's failed over the past 2 seasons to do so. I have no idea why he is struggling to fix it, perhaps he is in pain from having you lodged so far up his backside that only your feet are showing...

"The reality is we have worse form than the 8 below us over the last half dozen games...perhaps he is in pain from having you lodged so far up his backside that only your feet are showing... "

So pleased to see we're playing the ball not the person and I know they're a pesky nuisance but facts are that over the last 6 games (home & away) we sit in 20th place, not in the relegation spots so we don't have worse form than the 8 below us and, unless you're a medical practitioner, I'd guess your other comment is also factually incorrect.

Poll: What sort of Club do we want - if we can't have the status quo

Things to build on on 23:48 - Oct 13 with 1874 viewsMoonyDale

Things to build on on 23:23 - Oct 13 by tony_roch975

"The reality is we have worse form than the 8 below us over the last half dozen games...perhaps he is in pain from having you lodged so far up his backside that only your feet are showing... "

So pleased to see we're playing the ball not the person and I know they're a pesky nuisance but facts are that over the last 6 games (home & away) we sit in 20th place, not in the relegation spots so we don't have worse form than the 8 below us and, unless you're a medical practitioner, I'd guess your other comment is also factually incorrect.

If you bother to read my posts you will see that i said over the last six games the teams below us have gained more points than ourselves, if you pop over to check the table you will see that it is factually correct. The fact would seem to prove that they have better form than us over the past six games, is that difficult to grasp? As for my medical qualifications they are not in question and none of your business, ill be sure to let you know when it becomes so....

Things to build on on 00:06 - Oct 14 with 1861 viewsdingdangblue

Things to build on on 23:48 - Oct 13 by MoonyDale

If you bother to read my posts you will see that i said over the last six games the teams below us have gained more points than ourselves, if you pop over to check the table you will see that it is factually correct. The fact would seem to prove that they have better form than us over the past six games, is that difficult to grasp? As for my medical qualifications they are not in question and none of your business, ill be sure to let you know when it becomes so....

Wimbledon,Gillingham,Bradford and Plymouth have less points than us in the last 6 games and they are below us?

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Things to build on on 00:31 - Oct 14 with 1831 viewsJames1980

Things to build on on 00:06 - Oct 14 by dingdangblue

Wimbledon,Gillingham,Bradford and Plymouth have less points than us in the last 6 games and they are below us?

But don't let facts get in the way of a good rant

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: What does Jim need ?

Things to build on on 00:32 - Oct 14 with 1831 viewsMoonyDale

Things to build on on 00:06 - Oct 14 by dingdangblue

Yes you are correct, my bad. Its five games as shown on the BBC website not six. So that means we are going to beat them? Its a very small group of teams that are below us and getting smaller by the week, the point still stands, our defence is a shambles and has been for 2 seasons. How long does it take a manager to sort it? And if he is incapable of sorting it what next , play good build up football only to be gifting goals like it's Christmas every weekend? Sorry but it's not on and it sure as hell is nothing to be positive about. It seems that Hill has lost the ability to manage our defence so bring in a defensive coach or simply stop bringing in duff defenders....It' gone on too long for it to be a blip...

Things to build on on 00:35 - Oct 14 with 1825 viewsMoonyDale

Things to build on on 00:31 - Oct 14 by James1980

But don't let facts get in the way of a good rant

Shhhhh don't tell everyone but I think you are getting me mixed up with someone who cares what you think....

Things to build on on 00:47 - Oct 14 with 1819 viewsJames1980

Things to build on on 00:35 - Oct 14 by MoonyDale

Shhhhh don't tell everyone but I think you are getting me mixed up with someone who cares what you think....

Well that told me 😞

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: What does Jim need ?

Login to get fewer ads

Things to build on on 00:51 - Oct 14 with 1817 viewsShun

Things to build on on 00:32 - Oct 14 by MoonyDale

Yes you are correct, my bad. Its five games as shown on the BBC website not six. So that means we are going to beat them? Its a very small group of teams that are below us and getting smaller by the week, the point still stands, our defence is a shambles and has been for 2 seasons. How long does it take a manager to sort it? And if he is incapable of sorting it what next , play good build up football only to be gifting goals like it's Christmas every weekend? Sorry but it's not on and it sure as hell is nothing to be positive about. It seems that Hill has lost the ability to manage our defence so bring in a defensive coach or simply stop bringing in duff defenders....It' gone on too long for it to be a blip...

Nobody’s happy about the defence. Literally nobody. It’s the worst in the league and we’re an easy target to score against. But if you can watch that performance today and not see anything to feel positive about then I fear for your mental health.

We now sit in a position where we’ve played all of the top 8 bar Accrington, so we should have a few easier games coming up. We haven’t lost to anyone outside the top 7. Just for emphasis, everyone from position 8 to position 24 we’ve either beaten or drawn with. From that we can garner a couple of things. Firstly, we’ve been a tad unlucky to play all the top teams in the first quarter of the season, and secondly, we’re not good enough ourselves to be a top team - I think we all knew that anyway. If we carry on only losing to the top 7 then we can still have a damn good season.

We find ourselves in a healthier position than last season, both in terms of position and how we’re playing. We’re scoring a lot of goals (only two teams have stopped us scoring, and for one of those we had ten men for over half the game), and in Henderson we have the 4th highest scorer in the league. Nobody is saying they’re happy losing games, or that they’re happy with how we’re defending, but there still is a hell of a lot to feel positive about right now.
Things to build on on 00:59 - Oct 14 with 1812 viewsMoonyDale

Things to build on on 00:51 - Oct 14 by Shun

Nobody’s happy about the defence. Literally nobody. It’s the worst in the league and we’re an easy target to score against. But if you can watch that performance today and not see anything to feel positive about then I fear for your mental health.

We now sit in a position where we’ve played all of the top 8 bar Accrington, so we should have a few easier games coming up. We haven’t lost to anyone outside the top 7. Just for emphasis, everyone from position 8 to position 24 we’ve either beaten or drawn with. From that we can garner a couple of things. Firstly, we’ve been a tad unlucky to play all the top teams in the first quarter of the season, and secondly, we’re not good enough ourselves to be a top team - I think we all knew that anyway. If we carry on only losing to the top 7 then we can still have a damn good season.

We find ourselves in a healthier position than last season, both in terms of position and how we’re playing. We’re scoring a lot of goals (only two teams have stopped us scoring, and for one of those we had ten men for over half the game), and in Henderson we have the 4th highest scorer in the league. Nobody is saying they’re happy losing games, or that they’re happy with how we’re defending, but there still is a hell of a lot to feel positive about right now.

Sorry Shun just don"t see it, last season we were crap pretty much all over the park in the league, this. Season the defence is worse so far. We havent played well this season until today, not as well as today I should say, and still yet again we were beaten, now I hope we carry on playing as well in every game but unless the defence gets sorted and quick we are heading the same way as last season. We can't win when we play good football so let us all hope we don't revert to playing crap because if we do then we are fooked. And as a few on here already know my mental health is dodgy at best but it doesn't affect my eyesight...

Things to build on on 01:05 - Oct 14 with 1807 viewssweetcorn

Things to build on on 00:59 - Oct 14 by MoonyDale

Sorry Shun just don"t see it, last season we were crap pretty much all over the park in the league, this. Season the defence is worse so far. We havent played well this season until today, not as well as today I should say, and still yet again we were beaten, now I hope we carry on playing as well in every game but unless the defence gets sorted and quick we are heading the same way as last season. We can't win when we play good football so let us all hope we don't revert to playing crap because if we do then we are fooked. And as a few on here already know my mental health is dodgy at best but it doesn't affect my eyesight...

We had the 10th best team in the league last season, which for a team which was bottom 4 most of the year is pretty remarkable, so we can’t have been crap all over the park?

Our defence kept us up last year..

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Things to build on on 01:14 - Oct 14 with 1799 viewsMoonyDale

Things to build on on 01:05 - Oct 14 by sweetcorn

We had the 10th best team in the league last season, which for a team which was bottom 4 most of the year is pretty remarkable, so we can’t have been crap all over the park?

Our defence kept us up last year..

Sweetcorn we finished 20th last season, and we were kept up at the death because other teams couldn' t win on the final day, our defence and lack of goals put us in that position....

Things to build on on 01:20 - Oct 14 with 1788 viewsShun

Yep, apologies for the mental health jibe.

Regarding your post above, I think sweetcorn meant that we had the 10th best defence in the league, which certainly isn’t bad at all.
Things to build on on 01:31 - Oct 14 with 1776 viewssweetcorn

Things to build on on 01:14 - Oct 14 by MoonyDale

Sweetcorn we finished 20th last season, and we were kept up at the death because other teams couldn' t win on the final day, our defence and lack of goals put us in that position....

Apologies, i left defence out of my original paragraph, one too many ciders..

My point stands, for a team fighting relegation, a top half defensive record suggests we werent terrible all over the pitch as you stated.
[Post edited 14 Oct 2018 1:32]

Things to build on on 01:31 - Oct 14 with 1777 viewskiwidale

This place is not good for anybody's mental health look at me I was normal happy and well balanced once... there's an open goal for someone.

This is not the time for bickering.

Things to build on on 01:38 - Oct 14 with 1770 viewsMoonyDale

Things to build on on 01:20 - Oct 14 by Shun

Yep, apologies for the mental health jibe.

Regarding your post above, I think sweetcorn meant that we had the 10th best defence in the league, which certainly isn’t bad at all.

And that is why i can't get the positivity going, if we had the 10th best defence and still ended up praying for help on the final day and already this season our goals against is shockingly bad, we are leaking goals at a greater rate than we are scoring them at the other end. Now we hear that a couple of players are being shipped out in Jan and are replacing from within......If we have better defenders at the club already then why are they not playing now? Even if it is not defenders that are being shipped out then we are stuck with what we have......I suspect Cannon is on his way out, hope i am wrong on that one...Bradford away is no easy game even if they are below us. An easy home win for me, again i hope to be wrong on that one also....

Things to build on on 01:40 - Oct 14 with 1762 viewssweetcorn

Things to build on on 01:38 - Oct 14 by MoonyDale

And that is why i can't get the positivity going, if we had the 10th best defence and still ended up praying for help on the final day and already this season our goals against is shockingly bad, we are leaking goals at a greater rate than we are scoring them at the other end. Now we hear that a couple of players are being shipped out in Jan and are replacing from within......If we have better defenders at the club already then why are they not playing now? Even if it is not defenders that are being shipped out then we are stuck with what we have......I suspect Cannon is on his way out, hope i am wrong on that one...Bradford away is no easy game even if they are below us. An easy home win for me, again i hope to be wrong on that one also....

With a bit of luck, he’s talking about camps and for a decent fee, with the likes of morley and adshead waiting to replace him..

Things to build on on 01:40 - Oct 14 with 1762 viewsMoonyDale

Things to build on on 01:31 - Oct 14 by sweetcorn

Apologies, i left defence out of my original paragraph, one too many ciders..

My point stands, for a team fighting relegation, a top half defensive record suggests we werent terrible all over the pitch as you stated.
[Post edited 14 Oct 2018 1:32]

And yet we were almost down, maybe the lack of goals played a bigger part in that though...Hope the cider was good, my fave tipple...

Things to build on on 02:02 - Oct 14 with 1750 viewspioneer

Things to build on on 20:10 - Oct 13 by fitzochris

Hill’s post-match interview is interesting, but only after he answers the usual stuff from our media officers... individual mistakes, we’ll stick to the plan, too many big spenders in League One (Accrington say hello) etc.

A journo, who I assume is attached to the Doncaster local press, asks, not as bluntly, what the point of hanging on to League One status is and Hill says to develop young players. He then says we will sell one, possibly two, in January and replace from within.

So if developing young players is the main, or perhaps only objective he has, we can do that in any division. Sounds like more PR own goals. And he leaves deciding who is captain to one of the players.

He could have said, we need to continue developing our own players but there is no reason why we couldnt do that in the championship and that it what we aspire to even though we know it wont be easy given our financial limitations and modest crowds.

How many other teams who have 20 years or more in the league have yet to play in the second tier? As it is he is implying promotion plays no part in the grand plan. Didnt we have a 5 year plan some years ago that involved reaching the championship? Or maybe I am dreaming.
Things to build on on 08:55 - Oct 14 with 1674 viewsNafelad

Things to build on on 01:31 - Oct 14 by kiwidale

This place is not good for anybody's mental health look at me I was normal happy and well balanced once... there's an open goal for someone.

Henderson and Wilbraham will miss your last comment!!

Topcat

Things to build on on 09:20 - Oct 14 with 1629 viewstony_roch975

Things to build on on 01:40 - Oct 14 by MoonyDale

And yet we were almost down, maybe the lack of goals played a bigger part in that though...Hope the cider was good, my fave tipple...

Now you're talking Moony. Yes it did play a bigger part. Last year we tried to strengthen defending which, as others have pointed out, we did (10th best) but as a consequence, we weakened the attacking & overall (as ever) the less you score the more trouble you're in. This season we appear to be strengthening attacking (more goals) at the cost of weakening defending. Getting the perfect balance is very difficult cos we can't 'buy' the answer with better players. Undoubtedly Hill struggles to know the best formation or players & I wish he would give any he chooses more time but essentially it is the inconsistency of our players which makes that so difficult - an inconsistency which is why they are here and not at a higher level club. Having said all that,as a football fan I do enjoy attacking passing football over dour defense.

Things to build on on 10:11 - Oct 14 with 1554 viewsMoonyDale

Things to build on on 09:20 - Oct 14 by tony_roch975

Now you're talking Moony. Yes it did play a bigger part. Last year we tried to strengthen defending which, as others have pointed out, we did (10th best) but as a consequence, we weakened the attacking & overall (as ever) the less you score the more trouble you're in. This season we appear to be strengthening attacking (more goals) at the cost of weakening defending. Getting the perfect balance is very difficult cos we can't 'buy' the answer with better players. Undoubtedly Hill struggles to know the best formation or players & I wish he would give any he chooses more time but essentially it is the inconsistency of our players which makes that so difficult - an inconsistency which is why they are here and not at a higher level club. Having said all that,as a football fan I do enjoy attacking passing football over dour defense.

Can't argue with any of that, I'm seriously concerned about our apparently worsening defence and the alarming number of goals conceded. It seems that whatever system Hill chooses and whichever players he sticks in there it just isn't working. Some of the choices are bizarre with players out of position and as I've said although yesterday's build up play was great to watch it doesn't win you matches unless you score more than the opposition. And just to add, Doncaster were a disgusting team to watch, I have never wanted to deck a player before but I'd willingly have lamped a few of theirs......

Things to build on on 11:12 - Oct 14 with 1511 viewstony_roch975

Things to build on on 10:11 - Oct 14 by MoonyDale

Can't argue with any of that, I'm seriously concerned about our apparently worsening defence and the alarming number of goals conceded. It seems that whatever system Hill chooses and whichever players he sticks in there it just isn't working. Some of the choices are bizarre with players out of position and as I've said although yesterday's build up play was great to watch it doesn't win you matches unless you score more than the opposition. And just to add, Doncaster were a disgusting team to watch, I have never wanted to deck a player before but I'd willingly have lamped a few of theirs......

as did many of us; seriously that's exactly why the FA say they want to stamp out provocative behaviour by players/staff/fans so maybe you'd consider emailing the trust etc about those antics like SandyDrum & ChaffRAFC suggest (and anyone else who feels the same).

Things to build on on 11:32 - Oct 14 with 1488 viewsMoonyDale

Things to build on on 11:12 - Oct 14 by tony_roch975

as did many of us; seriously that's exactly why the FA say they want to stamp out provocative behaviour by players/staff/fans so maybe you'd consider emailing the trust etc about those antics like SandyDrum & ChaffRAFC suggest (and anyone else who feels the same).

I will fire off an email today, the scenes at the end where 2 players in particular were giving the fans dogs abuse was disgraceful. Not sure if anything will come of it though..... hopefully they will get a reprimand of some sort..

Things to build on on 11:55 - Oct 14 with 1453 viewsYouTubeDale

Things to build on on 11:12 - Oct 14 by tony_roch975

At the end of the game the ball rolled out of play next to their dugout. Their reserve goalkeeper was sat down outside the dugout and pretended to retrieve the ball. We all knew that he was deliberately hindering us from getting the ball. Our players were frustrated because time was running out. It quickly led to a squaring up of opposing players. That should have led to a yellow for their player but no action taken. Poor by the 4th official.

As far as our defence is concerned I find it staggering how Keith Hill hasn’t sorted it out after all this time. He made a living out of defending for many years. He has proved that he is incapable of organising his defence on a match day. All this “individual mistakes” is now rubbish and the blame clearly falls at his feet. He doesn’t seem to teach man marking because we can see every week opposition players being unopposed in our box. I still can’t see beyond the Sunderland game when their striker was left totally unmarked to nod home after we had played so well for 35 mins.

Perhaps radical ideas need to be thought of like putting Calvin in defence permanently and Wilbraham as a holding midfield player because he is doing nothing up top at the moment.

As I said yesterday, I am clinging on to the fact that Keith is still generating a good spirit in the camp and that will see us through if he can maintain it.

Jesus saves but Beasley scores off the rebound.
Poll: Do you want Keith Hill to leave immediately?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024