Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Neil Lennon What a to$$er 08:07 - Nov 1 with 6792 viewsenfieldargh

Watched the 2nd half of the Edinburgh derby which got quite heated with niggley tackles flying in then a Red card for a Hibs player melee.

The Hearts keeper then got punched(I think) or hit by something when he went to retrieve the ball from beside the goal where the Hibs fans were. He goes down but looks like he had a reason to.

Lennon has been boisterous for much of the game but with the sending off he calms down as he takes his managerial role seriously for a minute

Last few minutes Hearts have a goal disallowed for off side the camera pans to Lennon who starts waving his arms in a patronising sit down and laughing up at the Hearts main stand. He does this for about 20 seconds or so.

Camera pans away then shoots back to the Hibs dugout where Lennon is lying in a heap surrounded by his bench.

He eventually gets up and looks a bit sheepish holding the side of his face; if he had been hit by something thrown from the crowd then there would have been a mark or some sorts or blood given the height of the stand. Anyways hope he gets done for inciting a riot the horrid little oik that he is

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Neil Lennon What a to$$er on 14:48 - Nov 2 with 1387 viewskensalriser

Just had a quick rummage and discovered I'm fresh out of fcks to give.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Neil Lennon What a to$$er on 18:17 - Nov 2 with 1327 viewsthemodfather

lennon said on skys sports news a while back, he had no issues in england, er, you did shearer kicked you in the head!
from what i see the coin hits lennon on the chest not the face, still wrong.

what would have happened at the villa game if villa levelled and jt terry ran down to the loft and stuck 2 fingers up and kissed his badge??
Neil Lennon What a to$$er on 20:43 - Nov 2 with 1258 viewsthorpebankR

Anyone remember Mark Hughes getting hit with 50p from the loft when we had the plastic pitch? If you know who threw it I will buy them a pint 😄
Neil Lennon What a to$$er on 00:11 - Nov 3 with 1196 viewsbob566

Neil Lennon What a to$$er on 18:17 - Nov 2 by themodfather

lennon said on skys sports news a while back, he had no issues in england, er, you did shearer kicked you in the head!
from what i see the coin hits lennon on the chest not the face, still wrong.

what would have happened at the villa game if villa levelled and jt terry ran down to the loft and stuck 2 fingers up and kissed his badge??

Very different. Terry would have been getting abuse for been a racist. Not for been a prodestant/catholic englishman. Lennon was called a mick catholic irish w@nk#r for 90 mins and he should have risen above the taunts but he didnt. Terry can have no qualms about been called a racist. Calling him an english prod or catholic w@n#er for 90 mins and villa equalise in the 90th then hed be well in his rights to give the loft a cupped ear
Neil Lennon What a to$$er on 11:23 - Nov 6 with 1013 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Lennon has a point about anti-sectarian abuse being tolerated. I would, however, be very interested to know if during his time in Celtic he worked hard to stop Celtic fans spewing anti-sectarian bile.

No-one deserves to have coins pelted at them but I would have more respect for Lennon if his statements afterwards were more rounded, he could well have admitted that however nasty the abuse was he was foolish to react to the crowd in such a manner. Instead , his usual attempts to play the victim - while at least partly accurate - will only switch likely listeners off.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Neil Lennon What a to$$er on 11:30 - Nov 6 with 1001 viewsCiderwithRsie

Neil Lennon What a to$$er on 11:23 - Nov 6 by BrianMcCarthy

Lennon has a point about anti-sectarian abuse being tolerated. I would, however, be very interested to know if during his time in Celtic he worked hard to stop Celtic fans spewing anti-sectarian bile.

No-one deserves to have coins pelted at them but I would have more respect for Lennon if his statements afterwards were more rounded, he could well have admitted that however nasty the abuse was he was foolish to react to the crowd in such a manner. Instead , his usual attempts to play the victim - while at least partly accurate - will only switch likely listeners off.

Spot-on Brian, and the extent to which it is a genuine problem only makes Lennon more of a dick, because he is a walking excuse for any prod who wants to head back into their own sectarian bunker.
Neil Lennon What a to$$er on 11:44 - Nov 6 with 982 viewssmegma

Neil Lennon What a to$$er on 11:08 - Nov 2 by bob566

according to his agent he was sectarily abused for the best part of 90 mins and he reacted that way. If true who can blame him. Would you accept in this day and age calling darnell furlong a n****r for 90 mins. Of course not. But Lennon gets abuse over his religion and nationality non stop. This arcticle puts it in a different light. Interesting read.

https://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/neil-lennon-is-subjected-to-vile-abuse-b

Where's the actual a story in the link, it just appears to be a click bait site???
Neil Lennon What a to$$er on 16:00 - Nov 6 with 891 viewsbob566

Neil Lennon What a to$$er on 11:44 - Nov 6 by smegma

Where's the actual a story in the link, it just appears to be a click bait site???

this was the article Smegma.

Neil Lennon is subjected to sectarian abuse every day in Scotland because he's an Irish Catholic who played for Celtic, his agent has claimed.

Martin Reilly called for action after the Hibernian head coach was hit with a coin during Wednesday's Edinburgh derby at Tynecastle.

Lennon was previously assaulted in the technical area at the same ground while managing Celtic in 2011 and - in just some of the other attacks he has been subjected to - has been knocked unconscious in the street and sent viable parcel bombs.

Reilly told Clyde 1 Superscoreboard: "These things have been going on since he came into Celtic in 2000. He made his debut at Dens Park and basically nobody really knew who he was then. He was targeted from the first kick of the ball at Dens Park. And we're in 2018 and it's still going on."

It is fair to say it all kicked off in the Edinburgh derby last night...

A last-minute disallowed goal, celebrated by Neil Lennon, caused carnage.

More: https://t.co/V0RqjIYjZy pic.twitter.com/CxRKcqEcfw
– The Football Schedule (@UKFootballTimes) November 1, 2018
The agent could not believe former Celtic defender Gary Caldwell's claim that Lennon "brings a lot of it on himself". Seconds before the pound coin was thrown, the 47-year-old gestured to Hearts fans to calm down after their team had a goal disallowed.

"For him to come out with that statement, basically saying that he brings it on himself, for me is just absolute nonsense," Reilly said.

"He doesn't bring it on himself, he reacts to things that are given to him. If he gets abused for 90 minutes, are you trying to say that he can't turn round and cup his ears, or do an aeroplane? Is that really that bad? It's basically banter.

"Outside of football he is sectarian-abused every single day of his life, and it has been going on since he took the pitch at Dens Park that night.

"Neil has been victimised by this. We can't talk about cupping the ears and doing aeroplanes and all that stuff because he got it his first night at Dundee when nobody knew him.

"How did he bring it on that night? Did he bring it on because he's got blond hair, because he's a £6million player?

"He brings it on because he's Irish, he's Catholic, he played for Northern Ireland, and he signed for Celtic.

"He had 39 games for Northern Ireland before he came to Celtic and wasn't abused once. As soon as he signed for Celtic, the game started."

Reilly added: "These things have to be taken out of our game very, very quickly or it's going to suffer. Or another Neil Lennon in five years maybe coming to Celtic might look at it and think: 'I'm not doing that, I don't fancy putting my wife and kids through that for the next 10 years'.

"Two weeks ago we are all holding red cards about racism and that should not be in society, never mind football.

"But sectarianism is the exact same thing, and we don't talk about it. It needs stamped out of Scottish football."
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024