Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Drums next door 23:07 - Dec 28 with 7753 viewsdolcelatte

Just canvassing opinion.

16 year old next door plays drums. It was all tolerable when husband lived there but he left home about a year ago. Had to get him involved when it was going on into the night and the kids mum wouldn't accept any critiscm or accept it was being played too late. Once he was involved it stopped.

Now over the last week we have drums at 10pm last Saturday and 9.30 twice during the week, keeping my 8 year old awake and apart from sounding sh1te it means you can't properly relax.

Understand he needs to practise etc but feel that beyond 9pm is taking the p1ss a bit..

Anyone experienced anything similar and have any constructive resolutions (of a nin violent nature) ?

Going round there again tomorrow and already know what her reaction will be to protect precious son. The ex husband is a local counsellor and a lib Democrat candidate in the elections. Not sure that affects anything other than him not wanting any publicity...

Any suggestions appreciated.

Poll: Are you sick of people asking if you are sick of polls?

Drums next door on 12:20 - Jan 10 with 1392 viewssimmo

His mum sounds like a top cnt.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Drums next door on 13:42 - Jan 10 with 1269 viewsR_from_afar

You could try this: Put some loudspeakers right next to the neighbour's wall then play the first 55 seconds of the first track as loudly as possible, on repeat.

Follow that up by doing the same with the first 30 seconds of track number two.

A mate and I successfully used a similar ploy with one of his neighbours.

RFA

PS: Fascinating but pointless and entirely random fact: Both ensembles feature female bassists (obviously Bolt Thrower's Ms Jo Bench is not visible in the video). The lady in the first video is particularly delectable. Her name is Sean, yes, really.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Drums next door on 20:25 - Jan 10 with 1129 viewshubble

I know it's all relative, and any neighbour ASB is a pain in the arse so I sympathise, but to give you some perspective on what real fackin neighbour ASB is like, I had a crack addict living below me who made my life a nightmare for nearly all of last year. She had been okay before she got back into crack, but that changed pretty quickly.

To begin with it was inconsiderate door slamming and people coming and going all hours of the night. When the flat became a crack house and there were regularly 10-15 people in there all night, including a dealer with a pitbull, it wasn't much fun living directly above, with my front door opposite hers. I started by reporting to the landlord (a housing association), then the police. As things escalated, she became hostile, and coming home or going out was to walk the gauntlet of abuse, threats, you name it. By May I'd already had more than enough, but the Housing Association told me they had to make sure they were looking after her fackin interests, they had to do an equality report to make sure they were being fair, offer her counselling, rehab, make sure she wasn't suffering, I mean seriously, this is the state we have reached in this country. I kept saying, but what about me?? What about my fackin rights?? They were very sorry, but that's what they had to do, they told me.

In October it was turned over to Westminster ASB unit. By this point I had already submitted over 80 separate ASB reports, noise recordings, videos. Other neighbour witness reports. I was using everything I had to stay on top of this and not lose my marbles. I hadn't had more than 2 hours sleep a night since January. We're talking on average 50 separate entrances/exits from her flat per night, including door slamming so hard the house shook, fighting, screaming, drug dealing......I was regularly woken 5-10 times a night and each time I was meant to use a noise app to record it, or to film or record it on my phone. I bought a noise activated recorder so I didn't have to keep getting out of bed at all hours. One morning I went out to discover my motorbike smashed up, lying on its side pissing petrol.... last year was a tough year for me!

Anyway, the long and the short of it is that it finally went to court in December, once they'd crossed every T and done umpteen reports and had meetings with 3 separate agencies, and the judge took one look at it and said 'closure order granted!' Hallefackinlujah. I was there ready to be a witness but she didn't even show. 3 hours later her flat had a steel door on the front and she was GONE. All the people involved were super kind and helpful, including the police. So the moral is, perseverance with this stuff does actually work, but it may not be straightforward! The council and other agencies are there to help. Record everything. Good luck.

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

Drums next door on 22:39 - Jan 10 with 1064 viewsPunteR

Drums next door on 20:25 - Jan 10 by hubble

I know it's all relative, and any neighbour ASB is a pain in the arse so I sympathise, but to give you some perspective on what real fackin neighbour ASB is like, I had a crack addict living below me who made my life a nightmare for nearly all of last year. She had been okay before she got back into crack, but that changed pretty quickly.

To begin with it was inconsiderate door slamming and people coming and going all hours of the night. When the flat became a crack house and there were regularly 10-15 people in there all night, including a dealer with a pitbull, it wasn't much fun living directly above, with my front door opposite hers. I started by reporting to the landlord (a housing association), then the police. As things escalated, she became hostile, and coming home or going out was to walk the gauntlet of abuse, threats, you name it. By May I'd already had more than enough, but the Housing Association told me they had to make sure they were looking after her fackin interests, they had to do an equality report to make sure they were being fair, offer her counselling, rehab, make sure she wasn't suffering, I mean seriously, this is the state we have reached in this country. I kept saying, but what about me?? What about my fackin rights?? They were very sorry, but that's what they had to do, they told me.

In October it was turned over to Westminster ASB unit. By this point I had already submitted over 80 separate ASB reports, noise recordings, videos. Other neighbour witness reports. I was using everything I had to stay on top of this and not lose my marbles. I hadn't had more than 2 hours sleep a night since January. We're talking on average 50 separate entrances/exits from her flat per night, including door slamming so hard the house shook, fighting, screaming, drug dealing......I was regularly woken 5-10 times a night and each time I was meant to use a noise app to record it, or to film or record it on my phone. I bought a noise activated recorder so I didn't have to keep getting out of bed at all hours. One morning I went out to discover my motorbike smashed up, lying on its side pissing petrol.... last year was a tough year for me!

Anyway, the long and the short of it is that it finally went to court in December, once they'd crossed every T and done umpteen reports and had meetings with 3 separate agencies, and the judge took one look at it and said 'closure order granted!' Hallefackinlujah. I was there ready to be a witness but she didn't even show. 3 hours later her flat had a steel door on the front and she was GONE. All the people involved were super kind and helpful, including the police. So the moral is, perseverance with this stuff does actually work, but it may not be straightforward! The council and other agencies are there to help. Record everything. Good luck.

Nightmare!.. doesn't get much worse than that. Glad your sorted now hubble. Unfortunately social housing tends to throw in those type of issues from time to time. They usually just get moved around. She's someone else's problem now.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024