Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Potter deserves all the credit in the world. 17:00 - Jan 1 with 6876 viewsDrGonzo

Does he not? Can't have it both ways can we? Fantastic win boys.
Potter deserves all the credit in the world. on 20:20 - Jan 1 with 1611 viewsFireboy2

All i can say is we are lucky to have GP,i would say the board is as well but they dont really give a flying fvck as long as their co owners get a return on their investment

He has squad that imo could be in the relegation area,when the season started we only had 1 experienced CH and 1 recognised striker who is still only 22,we have 2 experienced players in dyer and routledge who werent played very much

He has taken this squad to only 6 pts off the play offs,yes we could have had several more points with better selection choices but we have to remember he has too chop and change because of the inexperience of our young squad and the tough 46 game season

You never know bony,narsingh,dyer and routledge might go this month and GP will get several players of his choice then we might push on for a play off place,then again pigs might fly

As long as the board eventually give GP a fighting chance im not bothered i will keep sticking up for him
Potter deserves all the credit in the world. on 20:32 - Jan 1 with 1579 viewsWingstandwood

Potter deserves all the credit in the world. on 20:20 - Jan 1 by Fireboy2

All i can say is we are lucky to have GP,i would say the board is as well but they dont really give a flying fvck as long as their co owners get a return on their investment

He has squad that imo could be in the relegation area,when the season started we only had 1 experienced CH and 1 recognised striker who is still only 22,we have 2 experienced players in dyer and routledge who werent played very much

He has taken this squad to only 6 pts off the play offs,yes we could have had several more points with better selection choices but we have to remember he has too chop and change because of the inexperience of our young squad and the tough 46 game season

You never know bony,narsingh,dyer and routledge might go this month and GP will get several players of his choice then we might push on for a play off place,then again pigs might fly

As long as the board eventually give GP a fighting chance im not bothered i will keep sticking up for him

Potter walked right into the midst of a car crash, and to make things even more difficult he is answerable to a proven bunch of untrustworthy, dishonest, double-crossing, incompetents.

He has to swim against the tide continually but yet? Has not drown when a good few other managers only capable of cheque-book heroics would have sunk!

Argus!

Potter deserves all the credit in the world. on 20:39 - Jan 1 with 1564 viewsjasper_T

Potter deserves all the credit in the world. on 20:20 - Jan 1 by Fireboy2

It was Potter's choice not to play Routledge and Dyer so not sure how that's a mark in his favour. He opted for youth more than he had to leaving them and Naughton out so often.

But if his hand had been forced and if we didn't have good young players on the books for him to use over his new signings we might have been in the relegation zone, yeah. Anything can happen, I suppose.
Potter deserves all the credit in the world. on 21:34 - Jan 1 with 1513 viewsjack247

There’s got to be some balance in this. He’s got us playing some great football at times but also loses the plot with some of his decisions. He absolutely deserves criticism when he sends out a mental starting eleven, like Saturday. Reading his comments after Wigan, he’s hinted that there was a method to the madness, but he wasn’t able to articulate it to the players. That’s no good. He also deserves praise when he gets it right. I can’t see how anyone can fault the lineup or the tactics today.

Overall, taking into account the inexperience of several members of our squad and the fact he was ‘disappointed’ by the owners in August, he’s still well in credit in my book.
Potter deserves all the credit in the world. on 21:38 - Jan 1 with 1500 viewsjasper_T

Should have made his subs a lot earlier again today.

Hull won by six we need to preserve that goal difference to stay in the top half.
Potter deserves all the credit in the world. on 21:41 - Jan 1 with 1494 views_

Potter deserves all the credit in the world. on 20:39 - Jan 1 by jasper_T

It was Potter's choice not to play Routledge and Dyer so not sure how that's a mark in his favour. He opted for youth more than he had to leaving them and Naughton out so often.

But if his hand had been forced and if we didn't have good young players on the books for him to use over his new signings we might have been in the relegation zone, yeah. Anything can happen, I suppose.

Potter has by some degree under-achieved in the first half of the season and he has cost us too many points.

Our squad is good enough for at least the play offs and we're too far back for my liking. If anyone doesn't think that they've not been involved with football for very long.

If we kept to a strong back 4 of Roberts, Van Der Hoorn, Rodon and Naughton, there won't be many better defences in the league than that.

Grimes is the "find" of the season and Celina is another gem. Dan James and Montero can rip full backs apart.

McBurnie is already on 10 and heading towards being that all important 20 goals a season striker.

Routs and Dyer have inexplicably been frozen out. Hopefully he sees a place in the squad for them for the remainder of the season. Hopefully he's learned his lesson here.

Hopefully he's learned his lesson from pissing about with our keepers.

Hopefully he's learned his lesson from starting Grimes at left back.

And hopefully he's learned his lesson from exposing debutants into a team and formation of chaos.

I liked what he did today with Baker-Richardson. He came on when we were up and the team was settled. He came on and did well, a bit rash here and there but some good hold up play, strong running and he got us up the field a few times. He'll get confidence from a cameo role like that. Cian Harris could be similarly used. Have him on the bench and integrate him carefully.

Let's hope we can see a new face or two and there's still plenty of points to play for.

We can still make these play offs.

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Potter deserves all the credit in the world. on 21:46 - Jan 1 with 1480 viewsdickythorpe

T2c I think today was vital. 3 points has helped obviously.
It's an away win and a win that puts right some of the wrongs from Saturday.
I just think the boys need to grit their teeth a bit more and make the opposition hate playing us.
We need a few in this month and over the summer I really hope investment is made.
With a few more signings and real hard work at the training paddock we can be a far better side and become more consistent.

The jack army deserve it.
Potter deserves all the credit in the world. on 21:51 - Jan 1 with 1465 viewsTailGunner

Potter deserves all the credit in the world. on 19:14 - Jan 1 by krunchykarrot

Jasper, the market is ridiculous we must build with our youngsters this season use Fer, Dyer etc where we need to but sell if we can.

I was trying to think of a realistic DM target but im struggling, anyone?

Steven Davis?
Login to get fewer ads

Potter deserves all the credit in the world. on 22:37 - Jan 1 with 1403 viewsjackrabbit

Potter deserves all the credit in the world. on 21:38 - Jan 1 by jasper_T

Hull won by six we need to preserve that goal difference to stay in the top half.

Spot on. We were 4 up after about 49 minutes and Reading were demoralised. That would have been a great time to let one or both of Montero and/or James loose at them.

As it was we looked disinterested second half and what should have been a 6-0 win ended 4-1. Opportunity missed. Not that 4-1 is too shabby of course! But we should have protected the clean sheet better by keeping up the pressure on their goal.

Sorry if that sounds churlish, but I believe in aiming high.
Potter deserves all the credit in the world. on 22:58 - Jan 1 with 1369 viewsLoyal

Potter deserves all the credit in the world. on 17:03 - Jan 1 by A_Fans_Dad

What for picking players and playing them in their correct positions?
Yep, as any decent Manager would.

Probably a little bit more to it than that.
Best coach we have had since Rodgers and Martinez.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Potter deserves all the credit in the world. on 23:01 - Jan 1 with 1366 viewsbuilthjack

Potter deserves all the credit in the world. on 22:37 - Jan 1 by jackrabbit

Spot on. We were 4 up after about 49 minutes and Reading were demoralised. That would have been a great time to let one or both of Montero and/or James loose at them.

As it was we looked disinterested second half and what should have been a 6-0 win ended 4-1. Opportunity missed. Not that 4-1 is too shabby of course! But we should have protected the clean sheet better by keeping up the pressure on their goal.

Sorry if that sounds churlish, but I believe in aiming high.

Perhaps he is keeping them for the fa cup. Perhaps he thinks we can beat Villa. I do.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Potter deserves all the credit in the world. on 23:27 - Jan 1 with 1322 viewsLoyal

Potter deserves all the credit in the world. on 21:41 - Jan 1 by _

Potter has by some degree under-achieved in the first half of the season and he has cost us too many points.

Our squad is good enough for at least the play offs and we're too far back for my liking. If anyone doesn't think that they've not been involved with football for very long.

If we kept to a strong back 4 of Roberts, Van Der Hoorn, Rodon and Naughton, there won't be many better defences in the league than that.

Grimes is the "find" of the season and Celina is another gem. Dan James and Montero can rip full backs apart.

McBurnie is already on 10 and heading towards being that all important 20 goals a season striker.

Routs and Dyer have inexplicably been frozen out. Hopefully he sees a place in the squad for them for the remainder of the season. Hopefully he's learned his lesson here.

And hopefully he's learned his lesson from exposing debutants into a team and formation of chaos.

I liked what he did today with Baker-Richardson. He came on when we were up and the team was settled. He came on and did well, a bit rash here and there but some good hold up play, strong running and he got us up the field a few times. He'll get confidence from a cameo role like that. Cian Harris could be similarly used. Have him on the bench and integrate him carefully.

Let's hope we can see a new face or two and there's still plenty of points to play for.

Do you care if we don't ?
The rest isn't aimed at anyone in general but sums up how I see things now.
There's more to the education of our younger players than picking them to play games at certain times. Remember Potter employs developmental learning and gives players experiences and emotions in tasks away from football that reflect the same emotions on the pitch so they can deal with them properly or at least use personal experience to do so.
Im not saying he is always right but I like his methodology and thought process. Those who have used psychometer ( and effective ) emotional learning and not just cognitive remembering will know what I mean, but it really requires a complete on board mentality and buy in from everyone in the squad. The only real problem with this is when someone like Jordan Ayew appears all full of ego and bollox and influences younger players negatively. Maybe this answers the question, where were Nathan and Wayne for so long and where the hell is Narsingh. May be not but it shouldn't be dismissed out of hand.
Potter has managed his first 5 months incredibly well, behind the scenes as well as in front of the camera, including trusting his younger players and staff as well. He hasn't pulled up trees but when you see what he is doing and when it happens it's a pleasure to watch and again I say I'm enjoying this season immensely. To expect us to be in the top six and looking like promotion candidates is a bit too much at this time and then blaming potter for every single strategy he uses ( when it goes wrong ) is not at all helpful. If it helps we have a better goal difference than all the teams below us as well. And Stoke are one of them. They like Ipswich are going to be in shit street very soon.
I think a little bit more of a relaxed view of matters and maybe some tolerance that not every day is sunny and perfect and believe it or not when your rebuilding like Potter is support doesn't just come along on a matchday, it's an all round process that lasts a little bit longer than 90 minutes.

We all support Swansea City and have different views, as for Jenkins and co standing up for them and trying to reinforce them as good guys won't ever work for me, if it's your bag then great, but don't confuse thinking they are lying bastards with not supporting the team. That displays an immature outlook and goes a long way to letting the reader know how you process confrontational matters. ( Like not very well )
So, I enjoyed today, I head off back to proper beer and dangling off high buildings in cold conditions until April, by which time I am certain quite a few on here won't have slit their own throats because we can only achieve a top half finish after all the mismanagement and fruaudulant lies the club has had to endure.
Potter and co are solid professional people who care and are trying to make club on the pitch great again. They are working tirelessly and for me in any occupation that's bloody good enough.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Potter deserves all the credit in the world. on 23:29 - Jan 1 with 1318 viewsTNT

Well done Potter, players, and our great support today.

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

Potter deserves all the credit in the world. on 23:36 - Jan 1 with 1309 viewstredwyn

Potter deserves all the credit in the world. on 18:56 - Jan 1 by krunchykarrot

Potter has got us playing good football at times with a team i didn't think was capable of promotion before a ball was kicked. He has made some erratic decisions some of his selections along with player inexperience has cost us arguably 9 points+ and a play off place.

I feel he is learning alongside some of our young players which will benefit us next year when we can realistically have a chance of promotion with a few departures (if we can sell Bony Fer etc) to finance a CF and whats obviously missing from this team a holding captain/experienced defensive midfielder who can win us ball.

For the rest of the season i hope he plays the youngsters where possible Harris, Byers and James to name a few. Just watched Forest v Leeds where the NF manager is under pressure to keep his job WTF the squad he has is doing well in my opinion.

If idiots want to get rid of good managers after the team/players have a bad run all we will end up with is a new manager with the same players treading water.

Lets see what GP can do during his contract and with some backing as he has exceeded my expectations with this squad, if anyone thought we were going bounce back up well see paragraph above.

Got to agree. Potter is still learning his trade but his record suggests he has the makings. Like the kids in the squad he needs time. Chopping and changing managers at this point would be insanity. Where is the messiah who could magically turn this squad into championship contenders? And why would he come to Swansea? Yes some selections have looked strange and GP doesn't appear to know his best team. But he won't know without trying. The squad more than anything needs a dominating defensive midfielder to get a grip and allow Celina and Grimes to play. Fer is inconsistent and Fulton is game but not quite good enough.
Potter deserves all the credit in the world. on 08:46 - Jan 2 with 1202 viewsjack247

Potter deserves all the credit in the world. on 21:41 - Jan 1 by _

That’s very harsh.

You’ve haven’t named much more than a strong starting eleven there and even then you’ve got a RB at LB and two LWs who are so explosive, they drop off significantly well before 90 minutes.

He’s made some crazy decisions no doubt. Sometimes they have worked (Naughton CM at Milwall), more often than not they haven’t.

Honestly believe that with Bony, Narsingh, Fer etc gone in the summer, the reduced parachute payment won’t hit us that hard. I don’t think this season is about promotion as such, we try to win every game of course, but it’s more about finding combinations and tactics that suit the players that will be here next season and beyond.
Potter deserves all the credit in the world. on 22:17 - Jan 2 with 1056 views_

Potter deserves all the credit in the world. on 08:46 - Jan 2 by jack247

That’s very harsh.

You’ve haven’t named much more than a strong starting eleven there and even then you’ve got a RB at LB and two LWs who are so explosive, they drop off significantly well before 90 minutes.

He’s made some crazy decisions no doubt. Sometimes they have worked (Naughton CM at Milwall), more often than not they haven’t.

Honestly believe that with Bony, Narsingh, Fer etc gone in the summer, the reduced parachute payment won’t hit us that hard. I don’t think this season is about promotion as such, we try to win every game of course, but it’s more about finding combinations and tactics that suit the players that will be here next season and beyond.

It was never my intention to go through the whole team. I was just making some notable points with regards some players.

And I'm not even against using our players 'creatively' let's say. I think it's a big plus this season and a team strength but there comes a point when it's just ridiculous and Potters found those red lines on too many occasions.

Even if he were to try the one player in a different position here and there while the rest of the team stay in more accustomed slots, then great, we have the players to do this.

But without naming them, some of his selections have been catastrophic and it's not harsh one bit to call him up on this and plead with him to wise up.

It's also not harsh to say because of the above he's under achieved so far this season.

We actually played really well against Hull but just switched off for 5, 10 minutes and the game got away from us. It was pathetic what he did against
Wigan.

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Potter deserves all the credit in the world. on 22:39 - Jan 2 with 1041 viewsjack247

Potter deserves all the credit in the world. on 22:17 - Jan 2 by _

It was never my intention to go through the whole team. I was just making some notable points with regards some players.

And I'm not even against using our players 'creatively' let's say. I think it's a big plus this season and a team strength but there comes a point when it's just ridiculous and Potters found those red lines on too many occasions.

Even if he were to try the one player in a different position here and there while the rest of the team stay in more accustomed slots, then great, we have the players to do this.

But without naming them, some of his selections have been catastrophic and it's not harsh one bit to call him up on this and plead with him to wise up.

It's also not harsh to say because of the above he's under achieved so far this season.

We actually played really well against Hull but just switched off for 5, 10 minutes and the game got away from us. It was pathetic what he did against
Wigan.

It’s not harsh to call him out on his experimental team selections, some of them have been nuts.

It’s very harsh to say he’s underachieving. We ended the transfer window with one centre back with any experience, no specialist holding midfielder and one striker with half a season under his belt. We had no real cover at left back, unless you count John, who Potter doesn’t seem to rate.

He’s made plenty of mistakes, but the good far outweighs the bad IMO. I reckon we’d be flirting with relegation under any of the previous 3 managers.
Potter deserves all the credit in the world. on 22:59 - Jan 2 with 1025 viewsjasper_T

Potter deserves all the credit in the world. on 22:39 - Jan 2 by jack247

It’s not harsh to call him out on his experimental team selections, some of them have been nuts.

It’s very harsh to say he’s underachieving. We ended the transfer window with one centre back with any experience, no specialist holding midfielder and one striker with half a season under his belt. We had no real cover at left back, unless you count John, who Potter doesn’t seem to rate.

He’s made plenty of mistakes, but the good far outweighs the bad IMO. I reckon we’d be flirting with relegation under any of the previous 3 managers.

Every team in the division has gaps. Many are playing young players in key areas. Every fan will tell you their side is 3 or 4 players away from a serious push. Despite the departures we retained a core of players that have played regularly at a level most in this league can only dream of (our PL squad was enormous by the end).

Naughton and Roberts are both more than capable backups at left-back, Potter just seemed to really want a left-footer there, to the point of playing Ryan Blair there in preseason instead of the 3 or 4 lads on the tour with actual experience in the position (both left-back specifically, and fullback in general).

This isn't the Premier League. Two experienced specialists in every position isn't the minimum standard for a capable team.
Potter deserves all the credit in the world. on 23:02 - Jan 2 with 1019 views34dfgdf54

Potter deserves all the credit in the world. on 22:59 - Jan 2 by jasper_T

Every team in the division has gaps. Many are playing young players in key areas. Every fan will tell you their side is 3 or 4 players away from a serious push. Despite the departures we retained a core of players that have played regularly at a level most in this league can only dream of (our PL squad was enormous by the end).

Naughton and Roberts are both more than capable backups at left-back, Potter just seemed to really want a left-footer there, to the point of playing Ryan Blair there in preseason instead of the 3 or 4 lads on the tour with actual experience in the position (both left-back specifically, and fullback in general).

This isn't the Premier League. Two experienced specialists in every position isn't the minimum standard for a capable team.

Teams in the current top 6 have a lot less gaps. Simple as that.

As for under achieving. The owners obviously disagree. They’ve said if we can make play offs it would be a “spectacular” season. They aren’t expecting it, and so they shouldn’t.

SK: "Even as an optimistic American, I think a spectacular result this year would be to be in the top six and to have a shot in the play-offs of getting back in the Premier League. But as I've said before, if we're seventh and not sixth, it's not a failure. We're trying to build something. We want to be judged this year by how we develop as a football club, how we play on the pitch. Are we developing our young players? Are we creating the base on which we can build for the future? Yes, we want to make the top six, we want to get promoted, but as importantly, we're building for the long term."
[Post edited 2 Jan 2019 23:06]
Potter deserves all the credit in the world. on 23:03 - Jan 2 with 1016 viewsjack247

Potter deserves all the credit in the world. on 22:59 - Jan 2 by jasper_T

Sure, but not many in play off contention have gaps as stark as ours. I think it’s unfair to say he’s underachieving because we aren’t right in the hunt
Potter deserves all the credit in the world. on 23:09 - Jan 2 with 1008 viewsjasper_T

Potter deserves all the credit in the world. on 23:02 - Jan 2 by 34dfgdf54

Teams in the current top 6 have a lot less gaps. Simple as that.

As for under achieving. The owners obviously disagree. They’ve said if we can make play offs it would be a “spectacular” season. They aren’t expecting it, and so they shouldn’t.

SK: "Even as an optimistic American, I think a spectacular result this year would be to be in the top six and to have a shot in the play-offs of getting back in the Premier League. But as I've said before, if we're seventh and not sixth, it's not a failure. We're trying to build something. We want to be judged this year by how we develop as a football club, how we play on the pitch. Are we developing our young players? Are we creating the base on which we can build for the future? Yes, we want to make the top six, we want to get promoted, but as importantly, we're building for the long term."
[Post edited 2 Jan 2019 23:06]

Everyone at the club has been claiming that playoffs are the target. That's certainly been the message this week.

Not sure what relevance that has to us under/over-achieving when we're 12th and nowhere near "spectacular", though.

Leeds are top and when they played us they had 0 centrebacks available and a winger at right back. They had a run with a striker less experienced than McBurnie. Their goalkeeper is 22 and had 11 games to his name when the season began. Phillips wasn't a holding midfielder until Bielsa arrived.

A lot less gaps than us, though, yeah.
Potter deserves all the credit in the world. on 23:16 - Jan 2 with 998 views34dfgdf54

Potter deserves all the credit in the world. on 23:09 - Jan 2 by jasper_T

Everyone at the club has been claiming that playoffs are the target. That's certainly been the message this week.

Not sure what relevance that has to us under/over-achieving when we're 12th and nowhere near "spectacular", though.

Leeds are top and when they played us they had 0 centrebacks available and a winger at right back. They had a run with a striker less experienced than McBurnie. Their goalkeeper is 22 and had 11 games to his name when the season began. Phillips wasn't a holding midfielder until Bielsa arrived.

A lot less gaps than us, though, yeah.

Yes, a lot less gaps.

Look at their squad and tell me they have more gaps than us. They had an injury crisis against us at centre half, we exposed it and should have won the game, they get out of sticky situations because they have players like Pablo Hernandez, Douglas at left back who was the best wing back in league last year, Saiz, Kemar Roofe, Bamford to call on... I’ll go through the whole squad, no problem. They also have a manager who Guardiola and Pochetino look up too. I expected Leeds to have the success they have had.

Whose been claiming play offs are the target? The players? What do you expect them to say? McBurnie has been tweeting things like. “Keep the faith, we’ll come good” probably in response to supporters like you who expect success overnight.
[Post edited 2 Jan 2019 23:20]
Potter deserves all the credit in the world. on 23:30 - Jan 2 with 979 views34dfgdf54

Potter deserves all the credit in the world. on 21:38 - Jan 1 by jasper_T

Please say this is a sarcastic post
Potter deserves all the credit in the world. on 23:36 - Jan 2 with 974 viewsjasper_T

Potter deserves all the credit in the world. on 23:16 - Jan 2 by 34dfgdf54

Yes, a lot less gaps.

Look at their squad and tell me they have more gaps than us. They had an injury crisis against us at centre half, we exposed it and should have won the game, they get out of sticky situations because they have players like Pablo Hernandez, Douglas at left back who was the best wing back in league last year, Saiz, Kemar Roofe, Bamford to call on... I’ll go through the whole squad, no problem. They also have a manager who Guardiola and Pochetino look up too. I expected Leeds to have the success they have had.

Whose been claiming play offs are the target? The players? What do you expect them to say? McBurnie has been tweeting things like. “Keep the faith, we’ll come good” probably in response to supporters like you who expect success overnight.
[Post edited 2 Jan 2019 23:20]

You've almost gone through their whole squad already! Their injury issues hurt them so badly because their squad is considerably smaller. They have nothing outside the first 18/19, which already includes 3 (impressive) teenagers.

- If "no backup left back" is a gap we have, they have it too. Who have they played when Douglas is absent, Stuart Dallas?
- If "inexperienced centre forward" is a gap then "inexperienced goalkeeper" is one too.
- If "no specialist holding mid" is a gap then "no specialist holding mid (until Bielsa made one)" is one too.

The Leeds fans I know have wanted an upgrade on Alioski for ages. Klich was a surprise package this season having been halfway out the door for the whole year previous. Jack Harrison flopped in his half season at Boro (sounds familiar...)

They're a very good team with quality players and an excellent manager, and they're justifiably top of the league, but you're reading from a different dictionary to me if you think we have more gaps than they do. They're not where the are due to strength in depth. Bielsa doesn't believe in that sort of thing.
Potter deserves all the credit in the world. on 08:26 - Jan 3 with 881 views34dfgdf54

Potter deserves all the credit in the world. on 23:36 - Jan 2 by jasper_T

You've almost gone through their whole squad already! Their injury issues hurt them so badly because their squad is considerably smaller. They have nothing outside the first 18/19, which already includes 3 (impressive) teenagers.

- If "no backup left back" is a gap we have, they have it too. Who have they played when Douglas is absent, Stuart Dallas?
- If "inexperienced centre forward" is a gap then "inexperienced goalkeeper" is one too.
- If "no specialist holding mid" is a gap then "no specialist holding mid (until Bielsa made one)" is one too.

The Leeds fans I know have wanted an upgrade on Alioski for ages. Klich was a surprise package this season having been halfway out the door for the whole year previous. Jack Harrison flopped in his half season at Boro (sounds familiar...)

They're a very good team with quality players and an excellent manager, and they're justifiably top of the league, but you're reading from a different dictionary to me if you think we have more gaps than they do. They're not where the are due to strength in depth. Bielsa doesn't believe in that sort of thing.

Leeds aren't the best example because as you said, Bielsa goes with relatively small squads. I completely agree we can't expect to have two senior, quality players to play every position, my point is sides like Leeds have been in the league for years, we are at the start of a rebuild, so I find it hard to judge our success this season against theirs.

We have got a back up left back, he's just not very good, so we are using players out of positon to cover. They have Tom Pearce an England U21 international when needed.

The Keeper is a problem, Bielsa decided not to strengthen and it's cost them points.

They have had a crisis at Centre Half, when fit they have Jannson who is one of the best defenders in the Championship, Cooper their Captain and Beradi who has played over 100 games for Leeds, and has experience in Italy. Beradi and Cooper are injured, that's just hard lines, so Phillips has covered. Have we even got two senior halves to get crocked?

Midfield -When fit Phillips and Klich, who you say is a surprise package, he's got 15 caps for Poland? Then you have Foreshaw who has plenty of experience at this level, after that the lad from Chelsea on loan Baker, who I may be wrong here, I'm sure we tried signing this lad when we were in the Premier League?

They have plenty more options than us.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024