Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sky sports coverage of the rise and fall of Swansea 19:06 - Feb 5 with 13068 viewsmagicdaps10

Anyone seen it?

Just received a message about it and by all accounts our net spend was highlighted by them as -60m.

Makes you wonder how someone could create such a mess that we are witnessing if the claim by sky is true.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Sky sports coverage of the rise and fall of Swansea on 08:21 - Feb 6 with 1737 views_

Sky sports coverage of the rise and fall of Swansea on 07:36 - Feb 6 by magicdaps10

On the contrary.

The post was about an actual story by Sky and a decent and well mannered forum post pursued from it until the usual culprits came along.

Wether people who posted were right or wrong, it was all down in a decent manor........until as I said, the usual culprits came along.

It is quite simple really.

No, you're quite simple, and all I've read on this thread is people quietly laughing at your sheer stupidity

You need to take a bit of time out and learn a bit more about the world.

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Sky sports coverage of the rise and fall of Swansea on 08:30 - Feb 6 with 1735 viewsmagicdaps10

Sky sports coverage of the rise and fall of Swansea on 08:21 - Feb 6 by _

No, you're quite simple, and all I've read on this thread is people quietly laughing at your sheer stupidity

Yes Chris, course you are right.

I constantly see my posts being bumped with cringeworthy statements and people laughing at me...oh wait, thats you!!

Seriously, you are one disillusioned individual

Another classic from Chris.....now fook off.

Sky sports coverage of the rise and fall of Swansea on 08:31 - Feb 6 with 1732 viewsmagicdaps10

Sky sports coverage of the rise and fall of Swansea on 08:07 - Feb 6 by Loyal

Most football people are thick as wood.

Cant disagree with that to be fair.

Sky sports coverage of the rise and fall of Swansea on 09:02 - Feb 6 with 1677 viewsswan65split

Sky sports coverage of the rise and fall of Swansea on 08:21 - Feb 6 by _

Trouble is you cant read the ones mocking your stupidity can you....whats the matter ??

Your mates been found out?
Sky sports coverage of the rise and fall of Swansea on 09:06 - Feb 6 with 1667 viewsswan65split

"So why have they all of a sudden paid attention to us in the championship? "

I have no idea, but football is a close knit community, how many local ex players are with sky etc?

they may also be interested as , ....how much of their money has the club had?

I have a feeling whatever it is , there a bigger story on the back shelf just itching too come out.
Sky sports coverage of the rise and fall of Swansea on 09:48 - Feb 6 with 1621 viewsSwanseaman

Sky sports coverage of the rise and fall of Swansea on 07:39 - Feb 6 by magicdaps10

It is food for thought because that is exactly what the Glazers did.

Without seeing the books, nothing can totally be ruled out. If you are not open minded then you can be fooled into almost anything pending on your line of thought of course.

The fact that you have these suspicions, shows how little trust is left between supports and the Yanks.

Poll: Would you have Jenkins back if he found wealthy oil sheikhs to buy out the Yanks

Sky sports coverage of the rise and fall of Swansea on 10:11 - Feb 6 with 1583 viewsDafyddHuw

Sky sports coverage of the rise and fall of Swansea on 22:32 - Feb 5 by homeiswheretrundleis

Is this possible could the Americans have taken out a loan for say £63m through Swansea City Football Club when they took over knowing that the premier league payments
TV coverage
and value of the players we had at the time was a guarantee to the Bank

Then used that loan money to pay off the selling shareholders and this would account for the rumoured present black hole ?

I am not sure if the Glaziers did the same at Manchester United

Yes, that's exactly what they did.
[Post edited 6 Feb 2019 10:11]
Sky sports coverage of the rise and fall of Swansea on 11:52 - Feb 6 with 1494 viewsswan65split

Sky sports coverage of the rise and fall of Swansea on 09:48 - Feb 6 by Swanseaman

The fact that you have these suspicions, shows how little trust is left between supports and the Yanks.

Then its for the Yanks to make the first move for ALL the fans to see.
Login to get fewer ads

Sky sports coverage of the rise and fall of Swansea on 13:34 - Feb 6 with 1396 viewsPozuelosSideys

Sky sports coverage of the rise and fall of Swansea on 06:35 - Feb 6 by Whiterockin

Are the Sky figures accurate in showing the actual transfer fee balance. We don't know how much we paid up front and how much we are still paying for players we bought a couple of seasons ago. We also don't know if we have been paid in full for all players sold.

If any money has been taken out of the club by the Americans, pre relegation, where is the Trusts 21%. If any money is seen to be spent improperly after relegation (admin fees ect), the Premier League can freeze parachute payments and demand repayment. Parachute payments are to be used only to cover the cost of the transition from Premier League to Football League.

The implications of wages and costs the first year of relegation are immense. I'll give one example. Bony, £12M transfer fee for 2 year contract. If we are paying that over the length of the contract it equates to £120K a week add to £100K a week wages this means Bony has been costing us nearly a quarter of a million pounds a week this season. IMO its not so much the Americans skimming money, its more the incompetence of HJ in transfer dealings and contracts that have caused the problems.

But it is still the Americans who let him do it and I want them out.

There is two ways of managing the impact of revenue reduction as well.

It can be managed Year by Year. ie we cut our cloth accordingly for each year of parachute payment. As an example we reduce our bill by £40m in the first year, then another £10m in the second year and then another £15m in the third year (or whatever the parachute payments are).. so a steady decline.

Or the alternative (which is how American finance people do it) is to take the big hit now and cover the income reduction for the entire 3 years while our assets are still at a relative premium. You can argue the longer we are outside the PL, then the less our players will be worth.

The second way of doing it works fine if youre a bank or whatever and are simply trying to cut costs to balance your P&L. Mental if youre a football club where you are heavily reliant on TV income depending on division you are in.

Imo.. if we hadnt have brought Ayew and Bony in the second time around, we would have been in a significantly better position.Would have made a decent profit on both and not been chained down by their wages. Jenkins panicked.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Sky sports coverage of the rise and fall of Swansea on 16:01 - Feb 6 with 1320 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Sky sports coverage of the rise and fall of Swansea on 08:07 - Feb 6 by Loyal

Most football people are thick as wood.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Sky sports coverage of the rise and fall of Swansea on 16:40 - Feb 6 with 1280 viewsShaky

Sky sports coverage of the rise and fall of Swansea on 13:34 - Feb 6 by PozuelosSideys

There is two ways of managing the impact of revenue reduction as well.

It can be managed Year by Year. ie we cut our cloth accordingly for each year of parachute payment. As an example we reduce our bill by £40m in the first year, then another £10m in the second year and then another £15m in the third year (or whatever the parachute payments are).. so a steady decline.

Or the alternative (which is how American finance people do it) is to take the big hit now and cover the income reduction for the entire 3 years while our assets are still at a relative premium. You can argue the longer we are outside the PL, then the less our players will be worth.

The second way of doing it works fine if youre a bank or whatever and are simply trying to cut costs to balance your P&L. Mental if youre a football club where you are heavily reliant on TV income depending on division you are in.

Imo.. if we hadnt have brought Ayew and Bony in the second time around, we would have been in a significantly better position.Would have made a decent profit on both and not been chained down by their wages. Jenkins panicked.

Great insight and explanation. Thanks so much.

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

Sky sports coverage of the rise and fall of Swansea on 16:41 - Feb 6 with 1278 viewsShaky

(real explanation: https://wwww.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/forum/219920/3096249/audited )

Misology -- It's a bitch

Sky sports coverage of the rise and fall of Swansea on 16:51 - Feb 6 with 1263 viewslonglostjack

Sky sports coverage of the rise and fall of Swansea on 16:41 - Feb 6 by Shaky

(real explanation: https://wwww.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/forum/219920/3096249/audited )

Should be compulsory reading for any apologists still out there.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Sky sports coverage of the rise and fall of Swansea on 16:53 - Feb 6 with 1257 viewsShaky

Sky sports coverage of the rise and fall of Swansea on 16:51 - Feb 6 by longlostjack

Should be compulsory reading for any apologists still out there.

Well thank you longlost.

It takes a real man to admit he is wrong.

Misology -- It's a bitch

Sky sports coverage of the rise and fall of Swansea on 16:55 - Feb 6 with 1250 viewslonglostjack

Sky sports coverage of the rise and fall of Swansea on 16:53 - Feb 6 by Shaky

Well thank you longlost.

It takes a real man to admit he is wrong.

Care to explain? If you check you'll see I up arrowed your original post. You might also like to check page 7 of the thread. I think you've got me confused with somebody else.
[Post edited 6 Feb 2019 16:59]

Sky sports coverage of the rise and fall of Swansea on 16:59 - Feb 6 with 1236 viewsShaky

Sky sports coverage of the rise and fall of Swansea on 16:55 - Feb 6 by longlostjack

Care to explain? If you check you'll see I up arrowed your original post. You might also like to check page 7 of the thread. I think you've got me confused with somebody else.

I was under the impression your support for my protagonist in that thread was hitherto unwavering.

Misology -- It's a bitch

Sky sports coverage of the rise and fall of Swansea on 17:53 - Feb 6 with 1194 viewsPozuelosSideys

Sky sports coverage of the rise and fall of Swansea on 16:40 - Feb 6 by Shaky

Great insight and explanation. Thanks so much.

Thanks love. Was trying to simplify rather than waffle on in a "look at me" overly complex way like yourself.

Anyway which bit are you disagreeing with?

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."

Sky sports coverage of the rise and fall of Swansea on 18:10 - Feb 6 with 1175 viewsShaky

Sky sports coverage of the rise and fall of Swansea on 17:53 - Feb 6 by PozuelosSideys

Thanks love. Was trying to simplify rather than waffle on in a "look at me" overly complex way like yourself.

Anyway which bit are you disagreeing with?

Fcuk off you little w@nker.

Misology -- It's a bitch

Sky sports coverage of the rise and fall of Swansea on 18:14 - Feb 6 with 1164 viewsPozuelosSideys

Sky sports coverage of the rise and fall of Swansea on 18:10 - Feb 6 by Shaky

Fcuk off you little w@nker.

Sky sports coverage of the rise and fall of Swansea on 18:14 - Feb 6 with 1165 viewsShaky

And for the record, what I am disagreeing with is the bit that suggests you have the first fcuking clue what you are talking about.

Alright mush?

Misology -- It's a bitch

Sky sports coverage of the rise and fall of Swansea on 18:14 - Feb 6 with 1163 viewsPozuelosSideys

Sky sports coverage of the rise and fall of Swansea on 18:14 - Feb 6 by Shaky

And for the record, what I am disagreeing with is the bit that suggests you have the first fcuking clue what you are talking about.

Alright mush?

Again..

Sky sports coverage of the rise and fall of Swansea on 19:49 - Feb 6 with 1106 viewsShaky

Sky sports coverage of the rise and fall of Swansea on 16:55 - Feb 6 by longlostjack

Re your edit, then and now I believe you were commenting on the Swiss Rambler stuff.

And take this whichever way you want, but compared to me that guy is a rank amateur.

Misology -- It's a bitch

Sky sports coverage of the rise and fall of Swansea on 22:32 - Feb 6 with 1013 viewsCooperman

Sky sports coverage of the rise and fall of Swansea on 00:40 - Feb 6 by PozuelosSideys

'Kin hell.. i know numbers arent everyones best skill but come on..

Forget all this rubbish about money being siphoned out of the club and those misleading bollox figures put up by Sky there in regards to net transfer spends.

The biggest issue PL clubs have is wages. The only stat you need to know was released by the club which is the income/wages ratio and that was around 85%-90%

That is why players are being binned off at a rate of knots. The rest of it is just noise by idiots on here who havent got a facking clue how a payroll works.

And yes..Yanks Out.

And the same with free cash flow. Many can't get their heads around the need for the short term loans that have been placed. Many a profitable organisation has gone down the pan because its run out of cash.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Sky sports coverage of the rise and fall of Swansea on 23:19 - Feb 6 with 978 viewslonglostjack

Sky sports coverage of the rise and fall of Swansea on 19:49 - Feb 6 by Shaky

Re your edit, then and now I believe you were commenting on the Swiss Rambler stuff.

And take this whichever way you want, but compared to me that guy is a rank amateur.

Steady on tiger.

Sky sports coverage of the rise and fall of Swansea on 23:37 - Feb 6 with 956 viewsPozuelosSideys

Sky sports coverage of the rise and fall of Swansea on 22:32 - Feb 6 by Cooperman

And the same with free cash flow. Many can't get their heads around the need for the short term loans that have been placed. Many a profitable organisation has gone down the pan because its run out of cash.

Exactly..Carillion being a prime recent example

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024