Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sky sports coverage of the rise and fall of Swansea 19:06 - Feb 5 with 13069 viewsmagicdaps10

Anyone seen it?

Just received a message about it and by all accounts our net spend was highlighted by them as -60m.

Makes you wonder how someone could create such a mess that we are witnessing if the claim by sky is true.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Sky sports coverage of the rise and fall of Swansea on 20:56 - Feb 5 with 1912 viewsmagicdaps10

Sky sports coverage of the rise and fall of Swansea on 20:55 - Feb 5 by _

Could be true but not a fact. OK.

Could be false and full of cack

And

I am not talking about you.

Sky sports coverage of the rise and fall of Swansea on 21:07 - Feb 5 with 1872 viewsOldjack

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Sky sports coverage of the rise and fall of Swansea on 21:08 - Feb 5 with 1869 viewsAngelRangelQS

Sky sports coverage of the rise and fall of Swansea on 20:56 - Feb 5 by magicdaps10

Could be false and full of cack

And

I am not talking about you.

What state do you suppose our current finances are in?
Sky sports coverage of the rise and fall of Swansea on 21:10 - Feb 5 with 1862 viewsFlashberryjack

Sky sports coverage of the rise and fall of Swansea on 20:55 - Feb 5 by magicdaps10

Out of curiosity, what is our first payment in regards to parachute payments!?.....40m.

The average cut in income from premier league to championship is 50%.....120m would drop down to 60m.

Do the maths! Where the fook has 70m come from aside the mouth of the all knowing idiot who posts on this site.

If the figure were true, we would have been in financial ruin if we stayed in the premier league for the foreseeable future.

Parachute paymenst are made up of 55% the first year. 40% second year and 20% (£15m)
Fag paper maths suggest that's around £90m, which is an awful lot of cash.

Although it's pretty academic, as all that money has already been spent, according to some on here.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Sky sports coverage of the rise and fall of Swansea on 21:16 - Feb 5 with 1841 viewsAngelRangelQS

Sky sports coverage of the rise and fall of Swansea on 21:10 - Feb 5 by Flashberryjack

Parachute paymenst are made up of 55% the first year. 40% second year and 20% (£15m)
Fag paper maths suggest that's around £90m, which is an awful lot of cash.

Although it's pretty academic, as all that money has already been spent, according to some on here.

So you don't think it's been spent?
Sky sports coverage of the rise and fall of Swansea on 21:16 - Feb 5 with 1834 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

True and not a fact?

[Post edited 5 Feb 2019 21:18]

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Sky sports coverage of the rise and fall of Swansea on 21:25 - Feb 5 with 1807 viewsmagicdaps10

Sky sports coverage of the rise and fall of Swansea on 21:08 - Feb 5 by AngelRangelQS

What state do you suppose our current finances are in?

I am positive there is no 70m black hole.

And you?

Sky sports coverage of the rise and fall of Swansea on 21:25 - Feb 5 with 1806 viewsDr_Winston

Sky could only be bothered to put in half arsed analysis of us when we were in the PL and theoretically "mattered" to them. Quite why anyone expects or believes differently now we're just Championship also rans is a mystery.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Login to get fewer ads

Sky sports coverage of the rise and fall of Swansea on 21:27 - Feb 5 with 1797 viewsFlashberryjack

Sky sports coverage of the rise and fall of Swansea on 21:16 - Feb 5 by AngelRangelQS

Without looking at the books I don't know, do you know that it has ?

Hello

Sky sports coverage of the rise and fall of Swansea on 21:28 - Feb 5 with 1795 viewsmagicdaps10

Sky sports coverage of the rise and fall of Swansea on 21:16 - Feb 5 by AngelRangelQS

Genuine question.

After 8 months of relegation, what would 40m appx have been spent on? 33% of our annual premier league incomings by the way.

Sky sports coverage of the rise and fall of Swansea on 21:28 - Feb 5 with 1792 viewsAngelRangelQS

Sky sports coverage of the rise and fall of Swansea on 21:25 - Feb 5 by Dr_Winston

Sky could only be bothered to put in half arsed analysis of us when we were in the PL and theoretically "mattered" to them. Quite why anyone expects or believes differently now we're just Championship also rans is a mystery.

One of the pictures they put up wasn't even us... Think it was MK Dons.
Sky sports coverage of the rise and fall of Swansea on 21:30 - Feb 5 with 1787 viewsAngelRangelQS

Sky sports coverage of the rise and fall of Swansea on 21:25 - Feb 5 by magicdaps10

I am positive there is no 70m black hole.

And you?

I'd be surprised if it was £70m admittedly but wouldn't be too shocked if it was £50m and counting
Sky sports coverage of the rise and fall of Swansea on 21:31 - Feb 5 with 1775 viewsmagicdaps10

Sky sports coverage of the rise and fall of Swansea on 21:25 - Feb 5 by Dr_Winston

So why have they all of a sudden paid attention to us in the championship?
They see a story that is why and were quite clearly making a point that something does not add up. In the football world, football people will know what is going on more than us fans.

That report on sky was certainly knocking on why the club is in so much financial trouble with the big showing of -61M.

Sky sports coverage of the rise and fall of Swansea on 21:35 - Feb 5 with 1754 viewsmagicdaps10

Sky sports coverage of the rise and fall of Swansea on 21:30 - Feb 5 by AngelRangelQS

I'd be surprised if it was £70m admittedly but wouldn't be too shocked if it was £50m and counting

Take into account that Sunderland reported a loss of 33m at the end of last season.

I will say, their gates are far better than ours but they were paying ridiculous amounts of wages on players they no longer owned.

Sky sports coverage of the rise and fall of Swansea on 21:36 - Feb 5 with 1747 viewsDr_Winston

Sky sports coverage of the rise and fall of Swansea on 21:31 - Feb 5 by magicdaps10

So why have they all of a sudden paid attention to us in the championship?
They see a story that is why and were quite clearly making a point that something does not add up. In the football world, football people will know what is going on more than us fans.

That report on sky was certainly knocking on why the club is in so much financial trouble with the big showing of -61M.

Because they're not paying attention. They're bunging a couple of figures up to attract casual interest and succeeding by the looks of it.

Do you honestly think some SKY intern has sat there with a calculator seriously working out our incomings/outgoings, including wages, agents fees, signing fees, tax, VAT or any other important figure?

Or have they spent five minutes on Transfermarkt like most of our fans do?

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Sky sports coverage of the rise and fall of Swansea on 21:38 - Feb 5 with 1729 viewsAngelRangelQS

Sky sports coverage of the rise and fall of Swansea on 21:28 - Feb 5 by magicdaps10

Genuine question.

After 8 months of relegation, what would 40m appx have been spent on? 33% of our annual premier league incomings by the way.

Why 8 months of relegation? Whys that your reference point?
Sky sports coverage of the rise and fall of Swansea on 21:42 - Feb 5 with 1695 viewsLeonWasGod

Sky sports coverage of the rise and fall of Swansea on 19:32 - Feb 5 by Oldjack

the 70 mill black shtye hole is a myth

Depends how it’s being defined. In the summer we were facing a black hole of about £70m (difference between our costs last season and the expected lower income for this season). But obviously they’ve been cutting where they can to try to get expenditure down to reach income.

But as a debt? Nah - can’t see it. We must have made decent inroads into that £70m difference through profit on player sales (~£38m) and savings on wages (fek knows how much, but substantial).
Sky sports coverage of the rise and fall of Swansea on 21:42 - Feb 5 with 1695 viewsmagicdaps10

Sky sports coverage of the rise and fall of Swansea on 21:36 - Feb 5 by Dr_Winston

Because they're not paying attention. They're bunging a couple of figures up to attract casual interest and succeeding by the looks of it.

Do you honestly think some SKY intern has sat there with a calculator seriously working out our incomings/outgoings, including wages, agents fees, signing fees, tax, VAT or any other important figure?

Or have they spent five minutes on Transfermarkt like most of our fans do?

I dont think that is possible as no one has seen them, not even the trust

Why would they feel they want to attract casual interest to a Championship club that they never bothered with much in the Premier league? Its an intriguing situation in more ways than one.

Sky sports coverage of the rise and fall of Swansea on 21:44 - Feb 5 with 1681 viewsAngelRangelQS

Sky sports coverage of the rise and fall of Swansea on 21:35 - Feb 5 by magicdaps10

Take into account that Sunderland reported a loss of 33m at the end of last season.

I will say, their gates are far better than ours but they were paying ridiculous amounts of wages on players they no longer owned.

I'd be amazed if we weren't still paying towards the likes of Bony, A.Ayew, Baston.

How much is Narsingh costing us every week? Dyer, Routledge, Fer, etc?

Did Sunderland lose such vast amounts of money on Bony, Ayew, Clucas, Sanches etc? I'm asking because I don't know
Sky sports coverage of the rise and fall of Swansea on 21:45 - Feb 5 with 1675 viewsmagicdaps10

Sky sports coverage of the rise and fall of Swansea on 21:38 - Feb 5 by AngelRangelQS

Why 8 months of relegation? Whys that your reference point?

It is fact not a reference, we have been relegated 8months.....ok 9 months now.

Sky sports coverage of the rise and fall of Swansea on 21:47 - Feb 5 with 1659 viewsFlashberryjack

With the people that run this club it wouldn't surprise me if we had more than a £70m black hole, just as it wouldn't surprise me if there wasn't.

In short I don't know, but It's good that someone is asking questions though,
don't you think ?

Hello

Sky sports coverage of the rise and fall of Swansea on 21:47 - Feb 5 with 1652 viewsAngelRangelQS

Sky sports coverage of the rise and fall of Swansea on 21:42 - Feb 5 by LeonWasGod

Depends how it’s being defined. In the summer we were facing a black hole of about £70m (difference between our costs last season and the expected lower income for this season). But obviously they’ve been cutting where they can to try to get expenditure down to reach income.

But as a debt? Nah - can’t see it. We must have made decent inroads into that £70m difference through profit on player sales (~£38m) and savings on wages (fek knows how much, but substantial).

That's fair but don't forget next season we have less parachute money and Ayews, Baston coming back on sizable wages. We need to start the process of shifting those again, of which there's no guarantee
Sky sports coverage of the rise and fall of Swansea on 21:52 - Feb 5 with 1622 viewsmagicdaps10

Sky sports coverage of the rise and fall of Swansea on 21:44 - Feb 5 by AngelRangelQS

I'd be amazed if we weren't still paying towards the likes of Bony, A.Ayew, Baston.

Did Sunderland lose such vast amounts of money on Bony, Ayew, Clucas, Sanches etc? I'm asking because I don't know

I am sure that we are paying part of their wages.

As for wages, we are down how much of a % on income compared to last season and I wonder what % other clubs are paying on what we have let out through the door.

Did we lose money on the players mentioned? We bought them with money we got from selling players before we purchased/paid loan fees for them.

Sky sports coverage of the rise and fall of Swansea on 21:55 - Feb 5 with 1599 viewsjasper_T

Sky sports coverage of the rise and fall of Swansea on 21:44 - Feb 5 by AngelRangelQS

Sunderland spent £84m on wages in their PL relegation season (£85.6m the year before).

Our turnover was £2m higher that year.
Sky sports coverage of the rise and fall of Swansea on 21:56 - Feb 5 with 1583 viewsAngelRangelQS

Sky sports coverage of the rise and fall of Swansea on 21:45 - Feb 5 by magicdaps10

It is fact not a reference, we have been relegated 8months.....ok 9 months now.

I meant why do you think we'd lost £40m in 9 months?

I'd say that our financial problems have probably been mounting for years.
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024