Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Skylarks 15:47 - May 9 with 14817 viewsMaggsinho

Looks like Save Warren Farm haven't given up. Skylarks have supposedly found on Warren Farm. Would mean delaying work until August.

http://www.ealingtoday.co.uk/default.asp?section=info&page=eawarrenfarmskylarks0
Skylarks on 15:49 - May 9 with 8043 viewsJJB

Having a lark more like.

Remember The White City Fighting?
Poll: Would you like to see the return of Mr Warnock?

Skylarks on 16:02 - May 9 with 7993 viewsDorse

Skylarks.

Sky-fcuking-larks?

What, the Patagonian Fire Newts, Mongolian Tit-Peckers and Acton Scrunge Worm colonies weren't enough?

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Skylarks on 16:18 - May 9 with 7918 viewsBuckR

What a load of bo-larks
Skylarks on 16:19 - May 9 with 7911 viewsLblock

Old Malcolm Weller needs a word with himself doesn't he?

Surely his continued vexatious approach here gives rise to him needing an injunction from Ealing Council to cease and dissist fromfrustrating progress and costing LBoE and QPR thousands of pounds??????

I hear a whisper on the local grapevine that an ad hoc firework display could occur at WF anytime soon which may well move these skylarks onto land such as the old Grasshopper site. I'm sure Malcolm fels as strongly about that local patch of green and will then focus on that.

Sure the club have done their own Developers Environmental Impact Study and have factored in regular consarvationits visits to "tick that box" as it were?

What I can say is, despite that Notice about work commencing this week, not a thing has changed at WF since Tuesday morning.

I still have my hat set aside with salt, pepper and a sweet chilli garnish

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Skylarks on 16:19 - May 9 with 7908 viewsNorthernr

Well, August isn't the end of the world, given we've waited this long already. The last thing you want to do is break some poxy law somewhere along the line and open them up a whole new line of legal action and appeal.

Environmental surveys are meant to have been completed and passed though.
Skylarks on 16:29 - May 9 with 7857 viewsLblock

Skylarks on 16:19 - May 9 by Northernr

Well, August isn't the end of the world, given we've waited this long already. The last thing you want to do is break some poxy law somewhere along the line and open them up a whole new line of legal action and appeal.

Environmental surveys are meant to have been completed and passed though.

Agree but........

What's next in August? Bound to be some rare meadow wild flower pollenating or something.

The agenda is clear from Brentford Malcolm and surely the club and council have wised up to that and getting their street smarts together? Maybe this really wont ever get off the gorund, maybe that's deep down what someone wants as it means not funding it, maybe my hat collection is safe and that was the safest bet I ever made?

Something positive like footage of Bungle swinging the first ceremonial sledgehammer to demo the old changing blocks (okay he's either miss or clatter into a load of asbestos and contaminate the whole site).... we need something positive!!!!

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Skylarks on 16:42 - May 9 with 7809 viewsJuzzie

If the hot summer like last year continues to be more common in the future, water will be scarce. Any rainfall on the Warren Farm site must be protected. Therefore, no building works should be allowed that affects the natural water drainage.

This scenario coming soon from Save Warren Farm......
Skylarks on 16:53 - May 9 with 7770 viewsNorthernr

Skylarks on 16:29 - May 9 by Lblock

Agree but........

What's next in August? Bound to be some rare meadow wild flower pollenating or something.

The agenda is clear from Brentford Malcolm and surely the club and council have wised up to that and getting their street smarts together? Maybe this really wont ever get off the gorund, maybe that's deep down what someone wants as it means not funding it, maybe my hat collection is safe and that was the safest bet I ever made?

Something positive like footage of Bungle swinging the first ceremonial sledgehammer to demo the old changing blocks (okay he's either miss or clatter into a load of asbestos and contaminate the whole site).... we need something positive!!!!

Of course. The whole thing has been about delay delay delay until hopefully QPR pull the plug. That's been the tactic. Like you say, come August, it'll be a water vole or some such sht.

Was speaking to somebody at the club a couple of weeks back about that letter that went round and an official start date and they said the reason they were being cagey and cautious about when exactly they were starting (though it is soon) is because they're aware supporters are fed up with all this "jam tomorrow" stuff and are now at the "believe it when we see it" stage.

They also said the club and the council were very keen to be doing everything to the absolute letter - both legal process and council processes - so that nobody can turn round and point out some technicality that then reopens the possibility of another legal challenge. Because then, of course, whether they win the legal challenge or not, it'll just get appealed, appealed, appealed, delayed, delayed, delayed again. So if this skylarks thing is indeed a thing, we've just got to go with it. Worse thing we can do is leave ourselves open to a fresh challenge of any sort.
Login to get fewer ads

Skylarks on 16:55 - May 9 with 7760 viewsBoston

Skylarks good.....mudlarks bad.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Skylarks on 17:13 - May 9 with 7710 viewsPinnerPaul

Just looked on RSPB - of course they are in the RED category - most endangered or declining numbers, but also says they are found all over the country and that there are 3 million of them, yes, that's just the 3 million!
Skylarks on 17:47 - May 9 with 7588 viewsBklynRanger

Almost managing to stifle his unbridled glee in that letter. Almost. There's just no way on earth that he isn't a tedious, objectionable dick-hole in person.
[Post edited 9 May 2019 17:48]
Skylarks on 18:47 - May 9 with 7441 viewssmegma

The land has been more or less derelict since the turn of the century. I bet Weller never complained once to Ealing Council about their lack of investment in the site until QPR came along. Its going to be community site once again and he wants to stop it ???

I bet he's an accountant.
Skylarks on 18:52 - May 9 with 7426 viewsDorse

Skylarks on 17:47 - May 9 by BklynRanger

Almost managing to stifle his unbridled glee in that letter. Almost. There's just no way on earth that he isn't a tedious, objectionable dick-hole in person.
[Post edited 9 May 2019 17:48]

I am sure that he is a lovely, reasonable person, as he would no doubt tell you himself, if he were to corner you in the pub, between his Morris dancing session and Civil War Re-enactment club night.

Skylarks on 19:15 - May 9 with 7387 viewsTW_R

His complaint says destroying or disturbing the nests is illegal. The site is massive so I'm sure we can do some work without impacting any Skylarks.
Skylarks on 19:46 - May 9 with 7302 viewsNorthLondonR

Skylarks on 19:15 - May 9 by TW_R

His complaint says destroying or disturbing the nests is illegal. The site is massive so I'm sure we can do some work without impacting any Skylarks.

Open a sanctuary or menagerie and play a bit of Horace Andy. Sorted
Skylarks on 19:58 - May 9 with 7265 viewsBostonR

I doubt this will have any material impact. Groundwork’s will not start until all the site preliminary works have been completed. Looking at the scale of the development it will probably be September before heavy excavation commences.
Skylarks on 20:36 - May 9 with 7161 viewsFredManRave

Skylarks on 16:29 - May 9 by Lblock

Agree but........

"Something positive like footage of Bungle swinging the first ceremonial sledgehammer to demo the old changing blocks"

Or swinging naked on a wrecking ball...

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Skylarks on 20:44 - May 9 with 7140 viewscolinallcars

Skylarks eh " one of the nicest songs ever written.......
Skylarks on 20:51 - May 9 with 7117 viewsenfieldargh

Skylarks on 19:15 - May 9 by TW_R

I have it on good authority that these skylarks actually do not nest in trees but burrow into the ground and often have a kip under piles of leaves.

Their spikey bodies make a great defence, something we should mimic although come guyfawkes night these skylarks often hide amongst the woodpiles as they used to do in medieval times at witch burnings

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Skylarks on 11:32 - May 10 with 6812 viewsDorse

Skylarks on 20:51 - May 9 by enfieldargh

I have it on good authority that these skylarks actually do not nest in trees but burrow into the ground and often have a kip under piles of leaves.

Their spikey bodies make a great defence, something we should mimic although come guyfawkes night these skylarks often hide amongst the woodpiles as they used to do in medieval times at witch burnings

Medieval times? You should try living in Dorset. We still have the plague.

Skylarks on 11:41 - May 10 with 6781 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Just been Wiki'ing Sky Larks.

Interesting.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Skylarks on 11:45 - May 10 with 6766 viewsElHoop

Presumably the dogwalkers all have their dogs on leads during the skylark nesting season?
Skylarks on 11:56 - May 10 with 6718 viewsMick_S

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Skylarks on 12:52 - May 10 with 6590 viewsR_from_afar

Skylarks on 11:45 - May 10 by ElHoop

Presumably the dogwalkers all have their dogs on leads during the skylark nesting season?

That thought had also struck me and I was just looking for a link about skylarks' nesting habits to make exactly that point. Nice one!

We might like to make the point to the protesters that they should not be (and should not *have* been) walking dogs on a lead or otherwise near those putative nest sites between April and early August.

I am a bit of a twitcher and skylarks really are pretty rare so I would be surprised if there really are any there. They really are a farmland bird and like silage and cereal fields, or a big area of undisturbed grassland. I can't recall having ever seen or heard any in places where there is a lot of human activity. That probably means there is a pair nesting in our trophy cabinet!

Any Ealing based twitchers here who'd like to go and see if this is actually a load of grollox? Skylarks are very easy to identify (mellifluous song delivered from quite high up in the air).

We've done owls, now it's skylarks. What next? Otters? Dodos?

https://www.rspb.org.uk/birds-and-wildlife/wildlife-guides/bird-a-z/skylark/nest

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Skylarks on 12:57 - May 10 with 6560 viewsSonofNorfolt

With many of us descending on Hanwell tomorrow for the Hootie, perhaps his address should, accidentally, be revealed, so that a flash squad, in no way alcohol fuelled,could pay him a visit and persuade him to change his mind.
Luminous paint could be procured for that extra loving touch.
IS 'Nonce' spelt with an 'A' or an 'O'?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024