Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Our next Manager 17:07 - May 18 with 55687 viewsmagicdaps10

Come on then lads.

Who?

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Our next Manager on 15:27 - May 27 with 4631 viewsmajorraglan

Our next Manager on 15:13 - May 27 by FCKrogh

You guessed correct. I am Danish. (sorry for the spelling mistakes in advance)
Hjulmand is a very respected coach in danish football and possibly a future coach for the danish national team. He quit his job at FC Nordsjælland (FCN) because he wants to coach abroad. He almost got the job at Anderlecht, (but they chose Kompany) and he is now being linked with Genk and Brøndby. As a fan of FC Copenhagen, I really don't hope he ends up at Brøndby.

He won the danish championship with FC Nordsjælland in 2011 and was in the Champions League group stage. Winning the danish championship with FCN is a big deal. FCN has a small budget compared to alot of the other teams in the danish league.

Hjulmand and FC Nordsjælland are famous for giving very young players a chance to play in the danish superliga. They don't buy many players but instead make them themselves. Then selling them at a big profit. Like Swansea have to do in the future.

Look at this link from Transfermarkt.com

https://www.transfermarkt.com/fc-nordsjaelland/startseite/verein/2778

As you can see, most players are very young but still gets to play at the highest level in Denmark. This resulting in FCN producing some of the best talent in Denmark. The players under Hjulmand are known for having very good technique and passing skills. His teams play a lot like Swansea did under Brendan Rodgers and Michael Laudrup. Playing out from the goal keeper with alot of passes. He plays with fast wing-backs and fast inside forwards. Either 4-3-3 or 3-4-3.

This season this 19 year old player https://www.transfermarkt.com/andreas-skov-olsen/profil/spieler/432982 has been the big talking point scoring 22 goals as a right inside forward. He is being linked with a lot of big clubs abroad. Last year nobody knew him. But Hjulmand gave him the chance.

Hjulmand used to be assistant under Wieghost in FC Nordsjælland earlier in his career but when Hjulmand was close to the Anderlecht job it was mentioned that he would bring Wieghorst as his assistant. So I think that might still be the plan. But not sure. I don't know if Wieghorst would like to go back to Swansea, but I think it helps that Huw is gone.

One of Hjulmand's good friends/colleagues is Thomas Frank, manager of Brentford.
[Post edited 27 May 2019 15:20]

Thanks for the update, he is certainly the type of manager Swansea should be looking at. If he came to Swansea and was able to make his mark, I don’t think it would be long before he would be snapped up and on the move again.
Our next Manager on 15:39 - May 27 with 4554 views34dfgdf54

Our next Manager on 14:49 - May 27 by Landore_Jack

Alan Tate: Club legend interested in Swansea City manager's job

"I have spoken to the new chairman [Trevor Birch] about different things. The club know where I am," Tate said.

"The chairman is a football guy and an intelligent guy. He is getting the best people in the best places he feels to help the club go forward.

"If he sees me as part of that now or in the future then great. I have never made any secret that I would love to do the [manager's] job one day."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48424011

Love you Al, but please no.
Our next Manager on 15:57 - May 27 with 4482 viewsbermudajack

Our next Manager on 15:39 - May 27 by 34dfgdf54

To be fair, I’m not exactly inspired by any of the names on the shortlist/betting thus far.
Poyet😳 Bats😳 Flynn😳 Tate 😳 Coleman😳 Robins😳 Toshack😳
Might as well give ian Holloway a shout at this rate 🙈🙈🙈
Let’s hope that Curtis, Brit’s & our DOF have more irons in the fire than this lot...🤨🤞🏻

Poll: Priority for new manager?

Our next Manager on 16:21 - May 27 with 4388 viewsjasper_T

Our next Manager on 15:39 - May 27 by 34dfgdf54

Someone put a tenner on him so the BBC sent a reporter to ask him some questions.

Taxpayer money at work.
Our next Manager on 18:23 - May 27 with 4187 views3swan

Unavailable

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/ex-swansea-city-sheff
Our next Manager on 18:29 - May 27 with 4158 viewsSwanseaman

Our next Manager on 18:23 - May 27 by 3swan

Unavailable

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/ex-swansea-city-sheff

thank fk

Poll: Would you have Jenkins back if he found wealthy oil sheikhs to buy out the Yanks

Our next Manager on 05:22 - May 28 with 3924 viewsdameedna

Our next Manager on 15:57 - May 27 by bermudajack

To be fair, I’m not exactly inspired by any of the names on the shortlist/betting thus far.
Poyet😳 Bats😳 Flynn😳 Tate 😳 Coleman😳 Robins😳 Toshack😳
Might as well give ian Holloway a shout at this rate 🙈🙈🙈
Let’s hope that Curtis, Brit’s & our DOF have more irons in the fire than this lot...🤨🤞🏻

Robins and Toshack would be a good combination.

Flynn also useful as an assistant I doubt he wants the full role now.

Others including Coleman are non starters.
Our next Manager on 10:39 - May 28 with 3803 viewsKGriz16

Our next Manager on 18:23 - May 27 by 3swan

Unavailable

Thank Christ.
He's a tosser.
Login to get fewer ads

Our next Manager on 11:06 - May 28 with 3727 viewsThornburyswan

Karanka moved up to 3rd favourite, not sure if that has anything to do with the Plymouth lad being linked as he likes a Portuguese player or two - that said WOL reporting short-listing & interviews will be next week.

Clearly half-term needs fully respecting at the Lib.
[Post edited 28 May 2019 11:08]
Our next Manager on 11:20 - May 28 with 3686 viewsAlfieMooresSon

Our next Manager on 11:06 - May 28 by Thornburyswan

Karanka moved up to 3rd favourite, not sure if that has anything to do with the Plymouth lad being linked as he likes a Portuguese player or two - that said WOL reporting short-listing & interviews will be next week.

Clearly half-term needs fully respecting at the Lib.
[Post edited 28 May 2019 11:08]

SlaviÅ¡a Jokanović, has he been mentioned?

Too much money?
Our next Manager on 11:23 - May 28 with 3671 viewsLeonWasGod

Our next Manager on 11:20 - May 28 by AlfieMooresSon

Too much money?

Probably too much and also the same problem as with Potter, as he'd expect support to mount a promotion push.
Our next Manager on 16:34 - May 28 with 3481 viewseddie71

Whilst I agree that none of these names are particularly inspiring. Neither were Martinez or Brendan. We are also not going to have Jurgen Klopp or Pep banging the door down given the state we are in. I would go for Stendal at Barnsely who would have international contacts failing that Jack Ross who is used to managing in a dysfunctional club so would fit right in.

That being said I think it will go to Toshack, though I do worry about his lack of contacts.
Our next Manager on 18:32 - May 28 with 3362 viewsThornburyswan

Sky have Poyet shortening again - back into 4s - Daz must be sharing that photo online!
Our next Manager on 20:11 - May 28 with 3247 views34dfgdf54

Our next Manager on 11:20 - May 28 by AlfieMooresSon

Too much money?

Boro couldn’t afford his wages.
Our next Manager on 20:12 - May 28 with 3242 views34dfgdf54

Our next Manager on 16:34 - May 28 by eddie71

Whilst I agree that none of these names are particularly inspiring. Neither were Martinez or Brendan. We are also not going to have Jurgen Klopp or Pep banging the door down given the state we are in. I would go for Stendal at Barnsely who would have international contacts failing that Jack Ross who is used to managing in a dysfunctional club so would fit right in.

That being said I think it will go to Toshack, though I do worry about his lack of contacts.

I think if it was Toshack it would have been sorted by now personally.
Our next Manager on 22:31 - May 28 with 3137 viewsharryhpalmer

Our next Manager on 20:12 - May 28 by 34dfgdf54

Same with Tate - esp as Tatey doesnt have his pro-licence yet, either.

Poll: Who do you want as next Manager?

Our next Manager on 22:48 - May 28 with 3084 viewsKilkennyjack

Our next Manager on 20:12 - May 28 by 34dfgdf54

Thank God

Beware of the Risen People

Our next Manager on 00:43 - May 29 with 2943 viewsN_T_J

Flynn in at 4/1 now
Our next Manager on 06:26 - May 29 with 2805 viewsjack247

Our next Manager on 00:43 - May 29 by N_T_J

Flynn in at 4/1 now

As others have said on other threads, that would fly right in the face of Birch’s comments about footballing identity.

It’s quite fun to watch them play that style against a PL teams reserves on a muddy pitch in January, with an intimidating crowd behind them. I can’t see it working consistently in the Championship, especially with a squad of small, skilful footballers. He’d have to change tact completely.
Our next Manager on 06:34 - May 29 with 2793 views34dfgdf54

Our next Manager on 06:26 - May 29 by jack247

As others have said on other threads, that would fly right in the face of Birch’s comments about footballing identity.

It’s quite fun to watch them play that style against a PL teams reserves on a muddy pitch in January, with an intimidating crowd behind them. I can’t see it working consistently in the Championship, especially with a squad of small, skilful footballers. He’d have to change tact completely.

This...

The “committee” would have failed spectacularly if we end up with Flynn.
Our next Manager on 10:28 - May 29 with 2524 viewsPentyrchJack

Sarina Wiegman - maybe time for the first woman manager in the Championship.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarina_Wiegman

Poll: Fox Hunting - what do you think?

Our next Manager on 12:11 - May 29 with 2354 viewsBadlands

I think it's fair to say none of those mentioned in the sane odds section amongst the betting fraternity inspires confidence.
A couple have done quite well in the lower leagues but I can't really see them continuing the system Potter has moved towards.
Would you have wanted Kenny back after Roberto?
And, apart from the highly unlikely Poyet and Coleman the untried.

I hope the team of Birch, Bitton and Curt are not limiting the search to the names being churned out by the papers.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Our next Manager on 12:23 - May 29 with 2313 views34dfgdf54

Our next Manager on 12:11 - May 29 by Badlands

I think it's fair to say none of those mentioned in the sane odds section amongst the betting fraternity inspires confidence.
A couple have done quite well in the lower leagues but I can't really see them continuing the system Potter has moved towards.
Would you have wanted Kenny back after Roberto?
And, apart from the highly unlikely Poyet and Coleman the untried.

I hope the team of Birch, Bitton and Curt are not limiting the search to the names being churned out by the papers.

I would be open minded with Mellon, had a lot of success with limited budget albeit at a lower standard. Flynn would be a big no no for me though personally.

Poyet still in the running according the bookies, odds have dropped significantly on SkyBet, not that it means a thing.
Our next Manager on 12:51 - May 29 with 2232 viewsHeadmaster

I think it will be a name we haven't heard yet. Hopefully, anyway, given the names we've been linked to have been pretty poor.
Our next Manager on 15:25 - May 29 with 1965 viewsTecmo

Our next Manager on 19:13 - May 18 by pembsjack

young Toshack would make a lot of sense as already knows the club and wouldnt cost any compensation.
Outside shout Ryan lowe from Bury, young manager, got Bury promoted playing decent football on a very tight budgt.

If they're looking at Flynn and Mellon, why on earth don't they looking at Lowe? Beat both of them in the same league last season and is more than willing to move to another club given Bury's financial situation. Young and plays attacking football as well.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024