Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Gay Fooballer 17:47 - Jul 8 with 5816 viewsDarran

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/championship-football

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

The Gay Fooballer on 18:37 - Jul 8 with 1299 viewsLeonWasGod

The Gay Fooballer on 18:01 - Jul 8 by sherpajacob

I would suggest there is more than one gay footballer.

I hope the response is completely underwhelming, it shouldn't really even be news.

Yep

And

Yep
The Gay Fooballer on 18:46 - Jul 8 with 1273 viewsHighjack

This one has the potential to be one of planetswans greatest ever threads.

So let’s get the speculation flowing.

Names gentlemen please.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

The Gay Fooballer on 18:53 - Jul 8 with 1256 viewsjasper_T

The Gay Fooballer on 18:46 - Jul 8 by Highjack

This one has the potential to be one of planetswans greatest ever threads.

So let’s get the speculation flowing.

Names gentlemen please.

Dave Kitson.
The Gay Fooballer on 18:58 - Jul 8 with 1239 viewsLeonWasGod

The Gay Fooballer on 18:53 - Jul 8 by jasper_T

Dave Kitson.

Thread closed. I reckon HJ was hoping for a bit more tension leading up to the big reveal!
The Gay Fooballer on 19:01 - Jul 8 with 1228 viewsbluey_the_blue

The Gay Fooballer on 18:53 - Jul 8 by jasper_T

Dave Kitson.

Kitson is somewhat over the age of 23.
The Gay Fooballer on 19:11 - Jul 8 with 1197 viewsBrynmill_Jack

The Gay Fooballer on 17:57 - Jul 8 by jack2jack

What's with all the cloak and dagger bullsh!t, if your going to do it, do it.
Bit of attention seeking going on here.

I know. He can’t help himself can he !

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

The Gay Fooballer on 19:11 - Jul 8 with 1197 viewsHighjack

The Gay Fooballer on 19:01 - Jul 8 by bluey_the_blue

Kitson is somewhat over the age of 23.

And doesn’t have a club, a manager or chairman to talk to.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

The Gay Fooballer on 19:13 - Jul 8 with 1191 viewsbluey_the_blue

The Gay Fooballer on 19:11 - Jul 8 by Highjack

And doesn’t have a club, a manager or chairman to talk to.

Sh1t guess then, really.
Login to get fewer ads

The Gay Fooballer on 19:23 - Jul 8 with 1162 viewsHighjack

The Gay Fooballer on 18:26 - Jul 8 by Neath_Jack

It'll be Corbyn's fault.

Do you reckon he’s the gay footballer?

The Gay Fooballer on 19:28 - Jul 8 with 1152 viewsjasper_T

The Gay Fooballer on 19:13 - Jul 8 by bluey_the_blue

Sh1t guess then, really.

Whoosh
The Gay Fooballer on 19:34 - Jul 8 with 1137 viewslondonlisa2001

The Gay Fooballer on 18:16 - Jul 8 by bluey_the_blue

Attention for the cause. Cynical old me wonders if something happens to get any press conference cancelled, highlighting homophobia in football.

Personally hope it is legit but am still of opinion the majority don't really gives a shit about sexuality.
[Post edited 8 Jul 2019 18:17]

Bluey - you only have to read this board for a short while to know that’s just not true. The first few players to be open will get endless crap. (They’ll also get endless sponsorship deals by the way).

If the account is a scam, and who knows (although it’d be odd that the papers have latched on to it without doing at least some due diligence) it’s far more likely to be a bunch of teenagers mucking about than gay people getting ‘attention for the cause’. It’s already pretty obvious that there aren’t openly gay footballers about.
The Gay Fooballer on 19:37 - Jul 8 with 1131 viewsDarran

The Gay Fooballer on 19:34 - Jul 8 by londonlisa2001

Bluey - you only have to read this board for a short while to know that’s just not true. The first few players to be open will get endless crap. (They’ll also get endless sponsorship deals by the way).

If the account is a scam, and who knows (although it’d be odd that the papers have latched on to it without doing at least some due diligence) it’s far more likely to be a bunch of teenagers mucking about than gay people getting ‘attention for the cause’. It’s already pretty obvious that there aren’t openly gay footballers about.

He won’t get endless crap if he’s playing. Anyone shouting anything at him during games will be shut down by other fans.

The Gay Fooballer on 19:41 - Jul 8 with 1116 viewslondonlisa2001

The Gay Fooballer on 19:37 - Jul 8 by Darran

He won’t get endless crap if he’s playing. Anyone shouting anything at him during games will be shut down by other fans.

Darran, I’ve stood in Swans (away) crowds relatively recently where people have been making monkey noises at players and no one around them has said anything. I had a huge row with a swans fan at Chelsea a few years ago about doing it. Everyone with him and standing near us was completely silent about it.

We’d like to think that people step in, but many times they just don’t.
The Gay Fooballer on 19:46 - Jul 8 with 1107 viewsHighjack

The Gay Fooballer on 19:41 - Jul 8 by londonlisa2001

Darran, I’ve stood in Swans (away) crowds relatively recently where people have been making monkey noises at players and no one around them has said anything. I had a huge row with a swans fan at Chelsea a few years ago about doing it. Everyone with him and standing near us was completely silent about it.

Did you report it to the police?

The Gay Fooballer on 19:49 - Jul 8 with 1095 viewsjack247

The Gay Fooballer on 19:37 - Jul 8 by Darran

My only real concern with this is if it happens to be a Cardiff player. Whatever most people think, we just like any other club, have a minority who would delight in homophobic chants at games, dish out abuse on forums, social media etc.

Whoever this guy plays for, their local rivals are gonna get dragged through the mud by some of their fans.
The Gay Fooballer on 19:53 - Jul 8 with 1079 viewslondonlisa2001

The Gay Fooballer on 19:46 - Jul 8 by Highjack

Did you report it to the police?

No. He shut up and was as quiet as a mouse for the rest of the game.

I told him if he didn’t stop I’d ask the stewards to bring over the police. After arguing with me about why it was fine for him to make monkey noises he did stop. It was at Ashley Cole and we were standing in that bottom corner at Chelsea where you’re right next to the pitch. If he’d carried on I would have been happy to do so. He was quite young - maybe 18 or 19, but all the people standing round us didn’t have a single word to say. Either before I confronted him or in support of me doing so.

It’s not the first time. Nor the last. Haven’t heard it at the Liberty - a few comments, but they quickly get told to shut up. Away is a different story.
The Gay Fooballer on 19:55 - Jul 8 with 1077 viewsDarran

The Gay Fooballer on 19:41 - Jul 8 by londonlisa2001

I don’t think it’ll be endless crap.

The Gay Fooballer on 20:00 - Jul 8 with 1061 viewsbluey_the_blue

The Gay Fooballer on 19:34 - Jul 8 by londonlisa2001

You think it's odd the papers latch onto it without doing due diligence?

I've a bridge you might be interested in buying.
The Gay Fooballer on 20:01 - Jul 8 with 1051 viewslondonlisa2001

The Gay Fooballer on 19:55 - Jul 8 by Darran

I don’t think it’ll be endless crap.

Yeah - Brighton away is a good example of the no crap anyone will get.

The majority of people are far more sensible, but there is always a stupid minority. We have our fair share. It’s more prevalent away from home.
The Gay Fooballer on 20:02 - Jul 8 with 1046 viewslondonlisa2001

The Gay Fooballer on 20:00 - Jul 8 by bluey_the_blue

You think it's odd the papers latch onto it without doing due diligence?

I've a bridge you might be interested in buying.

They would usually do some. I’m not talking about Wales online obviously.
The Gay Fooballer on 20:31 - Jul 8 with 997 viewsItchySphincter

Good for him.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

The Gay Fooballer on 21:30 - Jul 8 with 928 viewsmajorraglan

“Coming out” shouldn’t be an issue in the 21st century, hopefully his mates, club and the club’s fans will stand by him. I would like to think that the opposition fans will just leave him alone, sadly bigotry still exists in lots of places and I can’t see that happening. If he’s abused, let’s hope his club take action against those who abuse him and others on the ground of race, religion sexuality etc.
The Gay Fooballer on 21:59 - Jul 8 with 890 viewssherpajacob

As an aside, I'm actually very proud that the two most high profile openly gay sportsmen, (in the world?) come from the Welsh Rugby community. Both have been fully accepted, welcomed and loved for the people they are rather than their sexuality.

Says a lot about Wales as a country, welsh people and their national sport.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

The Gay Fooballer on 22:01 - Jul 8 with 883 viewsDarran

The Gay Fooballer on 21:59 - Jul 8 by sherpajacob

As an aside, I'm actually very proud that the two most high profile openly gay sportsmen, (in the world?) come from the Welsh Rugby community. Both have been fully accepted, welcomed and loved for the people they are rather than their sexuality.

Says a lot about Wales as a country, welsh people and their national sport.

People love Gareth Thomas? 😂

The Gay Fooballer on 22:06 - Jul 8 with 872 viewsHighjack

The Gay Fooballer on 22:01 - Jul 8 by Darran

People love Gareth Thomas? 😂

It was really brave of him to come out. Nobody could have guessed he was gay.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024