Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Gay Fooballer 17:47 - Jul 8 with 5817 viewsDarran

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/championship-football

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

The Gay Fooballer on 22:13 - Jul 8 with 1412 viewssherpajacob

The Gay Fooballer on 22:01 - Jul 8 by Darran

People love Gareth Thomas? 😂

He's very good in Panto.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

The Gay Fooballer on 22:25 - Jul 8 with 1374 viewsAndyNak

The Gay Fooballer on 19:53 - Jul 8 by londonlisa2001

No. He shut up and was as quiet as a mouse for the rest of the game.

I told him if he didn’t stop I’d ask the stewards to bring over the police. After arguing with me about why it was fine for him to make monkey noises he did stop. It was at Ashley Cole and we were standing in that bottom corner at Chelsea where you’re right next to the pitch. If he’d carried on I would have been happy to do so. He was quite young - maybe 18 or 19, but all the people standing round us didn’t have a single word to say. Either before I confronted him or in support of me doing so.

It’s not the first time. Nor the last. Haven’t heard it at the Liberty - a few comments, but they quickly get told to shut up. Away is a different story.

Had a very similar experience, Chelsea away, prob 5 years ago. Lad around 19 with his mates. Exchanged a few firm words and by the second half he’d given up and his mates had told him to shut up. Apparently my dislike of his racist garbage was because I was a plastic and only watched us in the Premier League... didn’t quite make the connection in that myself but then I wasn’t expecting a rational argument from the little oik. No one else said a word to him sadly.

Ive heard comments in the West Stand too, though a little more subtle

Poll: Joe or Wilf? If you could only have one

The Gay Fooballer on 23:07 - Jul 8 with 1310 viewsJonathans_coat

The Gay Fooballer on 21:30 - Jul 8 by majorraglan

“Coming out” shouldn’t be an issue in the 21st century, hopefully his mates, club and the club’s fans will stand by him. I would like to think that the opposition fans will just leave him alone, sadly bigotry still exists in lots of places and I can’t see that happening. If he’s abused, let’s hope his club take action against those who abuse him and others on the ground of race, religion sexuality etc.

You're right, it shouldn’t be an issue. I personally don’t give a shit about anyone else’s bedroom preferences to be honest, I don’t see how it’s any of my business.

Sadly, as football is so incredibly behind the curve on this sort of thing it’s become sort of culturally significant, hence the big announcement “song and dance” which seems a tad unnecessary for something that is fairly normal in any other sport/industry. Good luck to the lad. Just hope he doesn’t get any abuse from the moronic fringe of the football community, otherwise it could be very difficult for him.
The Gay Fooballer on 23:33 - Jul 8 with 1264 viewsBrynmill_Jack

The Gay Fooballer on 22:06 - Jul 8 by Highjack

It was really brave of him to come out. Nobody could have guessed he was gay.

. What he needs to do is try to get a tv series or something where he could at least drop us a hint......

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

The Gay Fooballer on 23:35 - Jul 8 with 1261 viewsBrynmill_Jack

The Gay Fooballer on 23:07 - Jul 8 by Jonathans_coat

You're right, it shouldn’t be an issue. I personally don’t give a shit about anyone else’s bedroom preferences to be honest, I don’t see how it’s any of my business.

Sadly, as football is so incredibly behind the curve on this sort of thing it’s become sort of culturally significant, hence the big announcement “song and dance” which seems a tad unnecessary for something that is fairly normal in any other sport/industry. Good luck to the lad. Just hope he doesn’t get any abuse from the moronic fringe of the football community, otherwise it could be very difficult for him.

A lot of people go for oak these days but I’m still a pine man myself

The Gay Fooballer on 23:39 - Jul 8 with 1252 viewsBrynmill_Jack

The Gay Fooballer on 22:25 - Jul 8 by AndyNak

Had a very similar experience, Chelsea away, prob 5 years ago. Lad around 19 with his mates. Exchanged a few firm words and by the second half he’d given up and his mates had told him to shut up. Apparently my dislike of his racist garbage was because I was a plastic and only watched us in the Premier League... didn’t quite make the connection in that myself but then I wasn’t expecting a rational argument from the little oik. No one else said a word to him sadly.

Ive heard comments in the West Stand too, though a little more subtle

I just had a funny thought about some of the possible comments from the west. As tame and lampooning (of the protagonist ) as it is I can’t share

The Gay Fooballer on 01:44 - Jul 9 with 1189 viewsbuilthjack

The Gay Fooballer on 22:06 - Jul 8 by Highjack

It was really brave of him to come out. Nobody could have guessed he was gay.

Yet he was openly copping off with gay men when married. Poor wife.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

The Gay Fooballer on 06:03 - Jul 9 with 1135 viewsBrynmill_Jack

The Gay Fooballer on 01:44 - Jul 9 by builthjack

Whoosh !

Login to get fewer ads

The Gay Fooballer on 07:41 - Jul 9 with 1047 viewsbluey_the_blue

The Gay Fooballer on 01:44 - Jul 9 by builthjack

Thomas has always been a pathetic liar. Gaining public sympathy by claiming he didn't tell people in the rugby community, was tortured by not being able to say anything? Bo11ocks.

Everyone at Bridgend RFC knew from a young age, it was an open secret in the egg community.
The Gay Fooballer on 08:23 - Jul 9 with 1003 views34dfgdf54

The Gay Fooballer on 07:41 - Jul 9 by bluey_the_blue

Thomas has always been a pathetic liar. Gaining public sympathy by claiming he didn't tell people in the rugby community, was tortured by not being able to say anything? Bo11ocks.

Everyone at Bridgend RFC knew from a young age, it was an open secret in the egg community.

Apparently royally stitched up Mike Ruddock behind the scenes aswell during his international days.

Was the main reason for Ruddock losing the changing room.
[Post edited 9 Jul 2019 8:24]
The Gay Fooballer on 09:09 - Jul 9 with 956 viewsAlfieMooresSon

The Gay Fooballer on 19:37 - Jul 8 by Darran

He won’t get endless crap if he’s playing. Anyone shouting anything at him during games will be shut down by other fans.

And arrested and charged!

If he does come out, you can be sure some tool will abuse and be made an example of.
[Post edited 9 Jul 2019 9:12]
The Gay Fooballer on 09:14 - Jul 9 with 950 viewsAlfieMooresSon

The Gay Fooballer on 17:52 - Jul 8 by bluey_the_blue

If that photo is correct, the disgusting part is the fact he's ginger.

Cynic in me thinks with Pride month going on, it's a billy bullsh1tter looking for attention. Cynic in me also thinks if real, it's a moneyspinner for the person involved. Either way, who cares what their sexuality is?

EDIT: Claims to be u23 on their twitter. May be misdirection but liked a tweet by Brentford.

Can't play for us anyway, an u23 player get into our first team squad? Ridiculous notion!
[Post edited 8 Jul 2019 17:58]

You could be right, maybe just some dope having a childish wind up?
The Gay Fooballer on 09:23 - Jul 9 with 947 viewsParsSwans

Jim white has confirmed that this is a true story person behind the account is genuine and he will come out shortly as he had only just told his family. When looking at the account myself the account follows more current and recent swans players than any other team. May well be one of our own and I think I may well be right but who knows whoever it is best of luck to them!
The Gay Fooballer on 09:25 - Jul 9 with 944 viewsAlfieMooresSon

The Gay Fooballer on 09:23 - Jul 9 by ParsSwans

Jim white has confirmed that this is a true story person behind the account is genuine and he will come out shortly as he had only just told his family. When looking at the account myself the account follows more current and recent swans players than any other team. May well be one of our own and I think I may well be right but who knows whoever it is best of luck to them!

Scum fans would love that, definitely lots of arrests then!
The Gay Fooballer on 09:59 - Jul 9 with 921 viewsjack247

The Gay Fooballer on 09:25 - Jul 9 by AlfieMooresSon

Scum fans would love that, definitely lots of arrests then!

This was my point yesterday. I’d far rather one of our players come out than one of theirs. Let their knuckle draggers embarrass their club.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024