Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just Back 17:47 - Aug 10 with 10881 viewsDWQPR

Thoroughly enjoyable performance by Rangers. Looked a very good side going forward and another day could have had three or four. Totally dominated after the break and the only shot I can remember Huddersfield having was the penalty. Only whinge I have was the two free kicks. Would love to have seen Chair or Eze take them, especially with the wind behind them. Chair when he came on looked very tidy and very difficult to pick up and took players away from Eze which freed him up, Kane looked different class at full back and looks like a great bit of business. Barbet and Hall solid in the middle and happy to play the ball, Amos still looks a bit rusty to me but given time he looks like a great asset, Hugill certainly will leave everything on the pitch, BOS will get better and better. Manning now looks like a left back and a good one at that. All in all Warburton has put what looks like a side that will cause many a team some problems this season.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Just Back on 13:05 - Aug 11 with 1081 viewsterryb

Just Back on 09:20 - Aug 11 by oldmisery

He was in an offside position three or four times in the second half. The ref didn't stop play to give an offside decision because Hughill clearly realised his own position and purposely had no active involvement in the play. This resulted in whichever of our players had the ball at the time realising he had one less team mate to pass to.
I can't comment on how immense he was last week because I wasn't at Stoke but he did look quite large yesterday, perhaps his lack of involvement pre-season means his fitness levels are not at the same heights as his colleagues.

That is how all forwards play these days.

Take up a position that is closer to the goal than defenders in the hope that they will be free after another player touches the ball.

He was not in an offside position as he didn't play the ball. It is only an offside position IF you play/attempt to play the ball!

That might seem pedantic, but it is what the laws of the game state.
Just Back on 15:11 - Aug 11 with 920 viewsgazza1

That's what you know about me Watford.......my biggest asset was in the forward/attacking half of the pitch.

We will see if Manning will be our regular LB in the coming weeks but imho he wont be playing there as first choice.
Just Back on 16:10 - Aug 11 with 811 viewsWatfordR

Just Back on 15:11 - Aug 11 by gazza1

That's what you know about me Watford.......my biggest asset was in the forward/attacking half of the pitch.

We will see if Manning will be our regular LB in the coming weeks but imho he wont be playing there as first choice.

"my biggest asset was in the forward/attacking half of the pitch."

True. Probably cos you were never there

Chill out gazza, just playing with you. I don't get to many games these days due to work, so I'm not placed to comment on Manning. Just happy to hear general enjoyment and appreciation of football being played the way it should be, on the deck. Hope it brings the club the dividends it deserves.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024