Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just Back 17:47 - Aug 10 with 10880 viewsDWQPR

Thoroughly enjoyable performance by Rangers. Looked a very good side going forward and another day could have had three or four. Totally dominated after the break and the only shot I can remember Huddersfield having was the penalty. Only whinge I have was the two free kicks. Would love to have seen Chair or Eze take them, especially with the wind behind them. Chair when he came on looked very tidy and very difficult to pick up and took players away from Eze which freed him up, Kane looked different class at full back and looks like a great bit of business. Barbet and Hall solid in the middle and happy to play the ball, Amos still looks a bit rusty to me but given time he looks like a great asset, Hugill certainly will leave everything on the pitch, BOS will get better and better. Manning now looks like a left back and a good one at that. All in all Warburton has put what looks like a side that will cause many a team some problems this season.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Just Back on 21:36 - Aug 10 with 3014 viewsPommyhoop

Just Back on 21:12 - Aug 10 by paulparker

Oh and good to have a beer with PunterR who is the Peter Pan of the frankie boys he looks about 24 the swine
Pommy il see you on the 28th with DD

For real Bruv....

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Just Back on 22:30 - Aug 10 with 2769 viewsGloucs_R

Maybe just me, but thought Cameron looked off the pace first half. Seemed to be half a second off a tackle. Improved second half.

Rangel way off the pace, Kane and the other subs made a massive difference.

Manning and BOS did well on the left.

Hughill press himself around, I like that in a forward.

Just need to move the ball quicker imo.
[Post edited 10 Aug 2019 22:31]

Poll: Are we staying up?

Just Back on 22:52 - Aug 10 with 2687 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Just Back on 20:12 - Aug 10 by rsonist

Don't really get why Chair and Kane doing well as subs means it's time to get stuck into Scowen and Rangel. Better on the day, fine, but there'll be other different days and that's what the squad's for.

If Scowen and Rangel are our worst players. I'm a happy man.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Just Back on 22:56 - Aug 10 with 2671 viewsoldmisery

Just Back on 22:30 - Aug 10 by Gloucs_R

Maybe just me, but thought Cameron looked off the pace first half. Seemed to be half a second off a tackle. Improved second half.

Rangel way off the pace, Kane and the other subs made a massive difference.

Manning and BOS did well on the left.

Hughill press himself around, I like that in a forward.

Just need to move the ball quicker imo.
[Post edited 10 Aug 2019 22:31]

Interesting to get other people's perspectives because I thought that, apart from the first 20 minutes when all the play revolved around Eze, Cameron ran the entire game and was clearly the man of the match for me. In contrast I thought Hughill was very poor and can see why he never got a game at West Ham. Furthermore he's either not as match fit as his team mates or lazy - as he was caught offside on a number of occasions in the second period. A poor man's Hemed for me. However, despite the absence of a victory, I was delighted by the overall performance. If this is the shape of things to come (and I accept it's very early in the season) I don't see us looking over our shoulder and worrying about the relegation places during this campaign.
Just Back on 23:04 - Aug 10 with 2614 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Just Back on 22:56 - Aug 10 by oldmisery

Interesting to get other people's perspectives because I thought that, apart from the first 20 minutes when all the play revolved around Eze, Cameron ran the entire game and was clearly the man of the match for me. In contrast I thought Hughill was very poor and can see why he never got a game at West Ham. Furthermore he's either not as match fit as his team mates or lazy - as he was caught offside on a number of occasions in the second period. A poor man's Hemed for me. However, despite the absence of a victory, I was delighted by the overall performance. If this is the shape of things to come (and I accept it's very early in the season) I don't see us looking over our shoulder and worrying about the relegation places during this campaign.

I'm not sticking up for Hughill here but It's clearly a difficult position to play.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Just Back on 23:52 - Aug 10 with 2469 viewstoboboly

Loved it today. Unlucky not to win. But what made a difference was that when it went wrong it was because they were trying to do the right thing, not being Joel Lynch.

This looks like a team I can get behind and enjoy. At last.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Just Back on 23:58 - Aug 10 with 2447 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Again, opinions but I though Hughill held up play really well AND grafted.

When you play up on your own you ain’t going to be free to just wait for chances because you need to bring your colleagues in too.

Thought he always made himself available, and in the first half got a rousing cheer for holding that big blonde bastard off for ages.

I’d give him 8/10 personally.
[Post edited 10 Aug 2019 23:59]
Just Back on 01:35 - Aug 11 with 2307 viewsqueensparker

More random points as been a long day!

- Two games in and its amazing how a radically new squad with a radically new way of playing can put in a performance like that. Compare Warbuton’s first three months with McLaren’s. Night and f-king day. We’ve got a good manager here.

- Barbet and Hall and Cameron were my men of the match (love Barbets 80 yard balls), but worried that two of those are unlikely to do a whole season. Not much back up there

- Liked how Hugill seemed like a dirty, canny, high-energy version of what we hoped Conor Washington would be. If we’re going to play like this we need a target man who can chase lost causes, collect 50/50 balls, run channels, pressure the back line and just generally be a pain in the arse. Bring in the rest for shots. We haven’t had a proper ‘hold it up lay it off’ target man since Helgusson and I reckon once fit and up and running he looks the part

- Bright, Eze, Chair as an attacking force will surprise a few people this season

- Amos looked a bit rusty but also looked fast and aggressive - give him time. He’s been out a whole season and he’s a kid, heard a bit of moaning about him around me, come on man

- F–king lovely not to be worrying about relegation two games in. Could be a good team this with a fair wind.
[Post edited 11 Aug 2019 1:42]
Login to get fewer ads

Just Back on 01:41 - Aug 11 with 2290 viewstimcocking

It sure is a funny old game. Brilliant. Two games in, Warburton seems clearly the best bloody manager we've had. Pass it to somebodies' feet on the floor quickly. That's all you have to do. We're playing football correctly for the first time post Gerry and he's abolished that horrendously counter productive kickoff routine we've had for more than a decade now. To think, 4 weeks or so ago might have been my lowest moment in terms of being a Rangers' fan, now, as Disco put it, i'm proud once again.

Hats off Marky Mark, an absolutely superb start in my opinion, only a pathetic ref kept us from two wins top of the league. Early days of course', but fcuk it, happy daze.

And our three musketeers are all match winning players. Eze, Chair and Bright all too good for the Championship.

Ps My Buddha what a beautiful moment seeing Grant Hall as QPR captain heading that one in. Magnificent header, wish so much it had been a winner.
[Post edited 11 Aug 2019 1:46]
Just Back on 06:59 - Aug 11 with 2140 viewsjonno

Just Back on 18:39 - Aug 10 by Watford_Ranger

I was in line but in the Paddocks so not an ideal view. First instinct was it was offside. That linesman seemed eager to not raise his flag all day including for throw-ins.

Obviously couldn't see from the TV but I do wonder whether Rangel was too deep on the other side of the pitch and played the guy onside because he certainly looked offside in the picture when the ball was played. Rangel does have previous for such things and he was subbed not too long afterwards. Early days but impressed with the way we have played in the first couple of games, long may it continue.
Just Back on 07:15 - Aug 11 with 2100 viewsWatford_Ranger

We had three offsides in the entire game so not sure what number you recall being due to Hugill. He was immense last week.
Just Back on 07:27 - Aug 11 with 2077 viewseghamranger

Just Back on 07:15 - Aug 11 by Watford_Ranger

We had three offsides in the entire game so not sure what number you recall being due to Hugill. He was immense last week.

Don’t bite Watford.

His name sums him up... calling him lazy is quite amusing.
Just Back on 09:11 - Aug 11 with 1900 viewsgazza1

I watched with interest because I had not seen the team play together and how they would be playing tactically and positionally and also because there were players that I have not ever seen play before in any detail.

Firstly I think Warburton has got a team that is going to work their nuts off , organised and flexible in their play. They appear to play with a lot of team spirit - important if you want a successful side.

As for individuals......Cameron was excellent in the first half, best player although not as good in the 2nd. I like the new boy Barbet, tidy left foot. Yea he hit the wall a couple of times from free kicks but he must be the most consistent on the training pitch otherwise he would not be taking them. Eze done good, worked a lot harder which is the downside of him normally and an area that he must improve upon. Rangel & Manning did ok but I think both will become squad players, sorry but Manning isnt a LB. Only on for a short time but I thought that Kane looked impressive and will become our regular RB. Hall was good enough today but a concern for me. Hugill worked well and should get better but overall yesterday I thought he did well. Amos did some good things but we need more from him. Sadly, a player I have got a lot of time for, Scowen, was off the pace and will be replaced if he doesn't up his play. Bright is a work horse and attacks defenders and full back alike, 10 times better that the Pole. Chair & Wells gave us something more when they came on- good substitutions from Warburton.

We did not get 3 points but we done well against a Premier side last season. Downside was that we did not create enough clear cut chances otherwise I believe we would have won comfortably.

A proper positive performance and I am optimistic.
Just Back on 09:20 - Aug 11 with 1864 viewsoldmisery

Just Back on 07:15 - Aug 11 by Watford_Ranger

He was in an offside position three or four times in the second half. The ref didn't stop play to give an offside decision because Hughill clearly realised his own position and purposely had no active involvement in the play. This resulted in whichever of our players had the ball at the time realising he had one less team mate to pass to.
I can't comment on how immense he was last week because I wasn't at Stoke but he did look quite large yesterday, perhaps his lack of involvement pre-season means his fitness levels are not at the same heights as his colleagues.
Just Back on 09:32 - Aug 11 with 1810 viewsmcqpr10

Good team performance. Bar scowen, who was a little ineffective in the advanced role, I thought everyone played well.

Although we were the better team I think the draw was the right result as we didn’t create too many chances.

Really does make a difference having defenders who are comfortable on the ball. Players seem to be enjoying how we are playing. Interested to see where chair fits in to this all. Every time I’ve ever seen him he has been assured and offers a lot to the team. Would love to see him get an extended run linking up with Eze, bos and Hughill.
[Post edited 11 Aug 2019 9:35]
Just Back on 09:34 - Aug 11 with 1795 viewsQPR_Nippon

Just Back on 09:11 - Aug 11 by gazza1

I watched with interest because I had not seen the team play together and how they would be playing tactically and positionally and also because there were players that I have not ever seen play before in any detail.

Firstly I think Warburton has got a team that is going to work their nuts off , organised and flexible in their play. They appear to play with a lot of team spirit - important if you want a successful side.

As for individuals......Cameron was excellent in the first half, best player although not as good in the 2nd. I like the new boy Barbet, tidy left foot. Yea he hit the wall a couple of times from free kicks but he must be the most consistent on the training pitch otherwise he would not be taking them. Eze done good, worked a lot harder which is the downside of him normally and an area that he must improve upon. Rangel & Manning did ok but I think both will become squad players, sorry but Manning isnt a LB. Only on for a short time but I thought that Kane looked impressive and will become our regular RB. Hall was good enough today but a concern for me. Hugill worked well and should get better but overall yesterday I thought he did well. Amos did some good things but we need more from him. Sadly, a player I have got a lot of time for, Scowen, was off the pace and will be replaced if he doesn't up his play. Bright is a work horse and attacks defenders and full back alike, 10 times better that the Pole. Chair & Wells gave us something more when they came on- good substitutions from Warburton.

We did not get 3 points but we done well against a Premier side last season. Downside was that we did not create enough clear cut chances otherwise I believe we would have won comfortably.

A proper positive performance and I am optimistic.

Agree with most of that but disagree about Manning. I thought he looked good at left back at the end of last season and he’s carried that form into this one. I haven’t seen him look particularly suspect defensively and he gives us something we didn’t get from Bidwell - consistently good delivery into the box (case in point our equalizer yesterday which was an undefendable peach of a cross, although Hall still had plenty to do).
[Post edited 11 Aug 2019 9:36]
Just Back on 09:42 - Aug 11 with 1773 viewsnix

Just Back on 23:04 - Aug 10 by CliveWilsonSaid

I'm not sticking up for Hughill here but It's clearly a difficult position to play.

I thought Hugill looked a bit slow to the cross/slightly out of position, although I only saw the first half on a dodgy stream. But my son pointed out he was playing against a club record £18 million defender, who's 1.88m. So I decided to give him a bit of slack!
Just Back on 10:27 - Aug 11 with 1652 viewsBostonR

What an impressive change and to think the team/squad is work in progress.
We were the better side but I did like Huddersfield's movement up-front, which we eventually snuffed out - penalty aside.
Hugill will come good once fit and will score goals in this team. The subs were spot on and Chair has staked a claim for a start each week. Just so great to see the ball being played on the floor!
Just Back on 10:37 - Aug 11 with 1621 viewsfrancisbowles

Having witnessed the way Pritchett tore us apart for Norwich in the final game of 17/18. I thought he was wasted playing left sided forward for Huddersfield.
Just Back on 10:58 - Aug 11 with 1540 viewsrsonist

Just Back on 22:52 - Aug 10 by CliveWilsonSaid

If Scowen and Rangel are our worst players. I'm a happy man.

I wasn't up for it before but now (for maybe the first time ever) the league cup game actually feels like good timing. We've a decent amount of first team options - not reserves and u23s - that need looking at. Hope Smith's fit in particular.
Just Back on 11:10 - Aug 11 with 1497 viewsTopCat34

I thought we were excellent yesterday - organised, sharp, moved the ball quickly. What a huge change from the last few years and do it in one summer - massive props to Warbs for that. Im actually excited, rather than petrified for the rest of the season.

Ultimately draw was probably a fair result - as above, we saw loads of the ball but didn't really test their keeper enough.

Great start to the season with our current points haul. Brizzle will be a tough game next Sat, so hopefully we can kick on and keep the momentum going.
Just Back on 11:19 - Aug 11 with 1457 viewsHooparoo

Warmen sie die Panzers auf!

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/proxy/V4L6IP2SU68Ssbh7XA2ZVto3_fJr_d6abTlCpNJk

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Just Back on 11:46 - Aug 11 with 1354 viewsTacticalR

I found it quite frustrating as we did look a bit short of ideas up front. I came away thinking that any team in this division that has a lethal striker has got it made.

Also frustrating was that Eze ended up playing very deep. Other teams know about him after the Stoke game and aren't going to give him the space Stoke gave him.

Huddersfield had even less going forward, but knew how to squeeze out the space to make things difficult for us.

Air hostess clique

Just Back on 12:23 - Aug 11 with 1237 viewsDejR_vu

This all just feels like a breath of fresh air, like we’ve finally wiped the slate clean.

I was worried about how quickly MW could get so many new faces to gel. If the first two games are anything to go by it looks very promising. But, trying to not get too carried away, that’s when it comes back to kick you in the knackers.

I can’t remember the last time i’ve looked forward to going to HQ as much as I am at the moment.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Just Back on 12:31 - Aug 11 with 1209 viewsWatfordR

Just Back on 09:34 - Aug 11 by QPR_Nippon

Agree with most of that but disagree about Manning. I thought he looked good at left back at the end of last season and he’s carried that form into this one. I haven’t seen him look particularly suspect defensively and he gives us something we didn’t get from Bidwell - consistently good delivery into the box (case in point our equalizer yesterday which was an undefendable peach of a cross, although Hall still had plenty to do).
[Post edited 11 Aug 2019 9:36]

Don't forget gazza played as a LB back in the 1940s. Never cross the halfway line. Kick anyone trying to go past you. Welly the ball into the stratosphere. Chris Barker - now there was gazza's sort of LB

Manning definitely isn't that sort of LB
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024