Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
QPR v pompey match thread 23:40 - Aug 26 with 15143 viewsbob566

Think it's this Wednesday. Rs 5-3 on pennos
QPR v pompey match thread on 22:24 - Aug 28 with 1804 viewsRassilon

On my way home.
Very disappointing after Saturday.
Fairly even until late on, with us shading it.

I've liked what I'd seen so far of Dom Ball, but he was the wrong sub at the wrong time and screwed up the shape of the team without adding anything and we conceded two.

The penalty looked right, he threw himself to the floor, but Leistner had let him get in a position where it was always going to happen. Kelly getting booked for acting like an idiot trying to put off the taker was fully deserved.

Ref was card happy, mostly against us. Pompey probably deserved a couple more that he let off where he didn't for us, but on the other hand, he'd have been justified giving Nakhi a second yellow, but chose not to, so I shouldn't complain too much.

From the far end Eze's goal looked great and he was way out when he took it, so we were mystified why it would be disallowed, even if someone was in an offside position, we couldn't see how anyone interfered, but if (as per the posts above) Nakhi jumped over it and unsighted the keeper, then that explains it.

Instead of Ball we should have brought on Hugill, to go for the win or for penalties. Pugh was clearly exhausted and needed to come off.

Oh well. Concentrate on the league now...
[Post edited 28 Aug 2019 23:38]
QPR v pompey match thread on 22:35 - Aug 28 with 1660 viewsNed_Kennedys

Ball on for Pugh: possibly the worst third and final substitution ever. What was Warburton thinking?
Terrible performances all over the park but Smith was truly woeful.
QPR v pompey match thread on 22:42 - Aug 28 with 1603 viewsridethewave

QPR v pompey match thread on 22:35 - Aug 28 by Ned_Kennedys

Ball on for Pugh: possibly the worst third and final substitution ever. What was Warburton thinking?
Terrible performances all over the park but Smith was truly woeful.

Fearful to post this in case people think I’m being unfair - but I thought Barbet had yet another poor game and was his worst yet, he’s been getting poorer in my view, and this was against a league 1 team.

Warburton’s subs were very strange. Bright looked disinterested to me. Smith was poor. Kane looked unimpressive. The forward who’s name escapes me looked totally out of his depth.

Manning is the only one who can be pleased with himself after that. Really disappointed.
QPR v pompey match thread on 22:47 - Aug 28 with 1565 viewsStanisgod

QPR v pompey match thread on 21:26 - Aug 28 by headhoops

Barbet defending for the second is criminal - no idea what’s happening around him as he strolls back.

Agreed, absolute rank amateur defending, doesn't look around once and looks absolutely stunned to see someone behind him tap the ball in.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

QPR v pompey match thread on 23:06 - Aug 28 with 1453 viewsbob566

Was really hoping masterson would start. Nonsense starting barbet who needed a break for his own confidence
QPR v pompey match thread on 23:46 - Aug 28 with 1334 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Why are we pretending that any Football League side really want to progress? It’s not in anyone’s interest to get three or four rounds into it then get £20k when Man City U23s batter them.

Neither manager is or would have been that gutted if they lost tonight.
[Post edited 28 Aug 2019 23:50]
QPR v pompey match thread on 00:38 - Aug 29 with 1235 viewsisawqpratwcity

A little bit disappointing.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

QPR v pompey match thread on 08:21 - Aug 29 with 1039 viewsnix

I thought Smith was poor again. I'm not impressed with him so far after a few games. If he was our player I'd be sending out on loan to get some more experience. Unfortunately we're the team that are having to give him that experience. I'm not really sure what he brings to the table. He moves the ball on but not quickly or incisively, loses possession too often and he's not an imposing tackler either. He reminds me of little Tommy Carroll when he played for us. It may be fine if he was our player to persist with him to give him more experience but not sure we should be benefiting Man City.

Pugh didn't have a good game either but he's been good in other matches so I think that was just a blip.

Manning was our best player.

I know Mlakar was a bit anonymous but he had very little space and we weren't moving the ball quickly enough so seems fair to see him against other opposition before making a judgement.

Not sure if Chair had a knock but otherwise seemed a shame to hook him and Bright when others were worse.

It was a pity the goal was disallowed, although seemingly the right decision it was a good strike and would have sent us home with something to cling to.

The ref was very inconsistent with his bookings in my view. Are they told to punish the club in the higher division more harshly? Because it seemed to be his attitude.

Not a great night but hopefully a good learning experience for Warbuton.
[Post edited 29 Aug 2019 11:23]
Login to get fewer ads

QPR v pompey match thread on 09:04 - Aug 29 with 972 viewsCiderwithRsie

QPR v pompey match thread on 23:46 - Aug 28 by BazzaInTheLoft

Why are we pretending that any Football League side really want to progress? It’s not in anyone’s interest to get three or four rounds into it then get £20k when Man City U23s batter them.

Not really the point, though, is it? Performance more important than result in this fixture

No reason to go overboard but we'd have liked to see continued progress instead of meek surrender to a lower league side. Before the start people were commenting that it was a decent XI showing that the squad had improved.
QPR v pompey match thread on 10:02 - Aug 29 with 913 viewsBushRanger82

QPR v pompey match thread on 23:46 - Aug 28 by BazzaInTheLoft

And that’s one of the major reasons football is losing its appeal to many people, these days.
They are allowed no hopes, no dreams, of seeing their team play in a major final at Wembley.
All that is allowed them, is a season which, if they’re extremely lucky, is good, or if like us, frequently unlucky, bad or at least, indifferent.
Not at all alluring.
Be another good while before we see a capacity crowd at Loftus Rd, or a kid wearing a Rangers shirt in the Bush or Hammersmith.
This club has an ageing fan base, it is slowly dying right before our eyes, because the old adage, everybody loves a winner, has never been more true, than it is today.
QPR v pompey match thread on 14:17 - Aug 29 with 794 viewsMick_S

QPR v pompey match thread on 14:49 - Aug 28 by Boston

We doing the attendance guessing on this thread? If so I’ll go for 7,900.

I say!

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024