Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Bristol City vs Swansea City Match Thread 14:32 - Sep 16 with 26697 viewsjackharris

[Post edited 21 Sep 2019 14:02]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

The Official Bristol City vs Swansea City Match Thread on 21:49 - Sep 21 with 1644 viewsTNT

The Official Bristol City vs Swansea City Match Thread on 21:46 - Sep 21 by magicdaps10

He smells of E20 and The Res for me.

As for Bodde being knocked down on here, I am disgusted. Bodde was an excellent footballer and although we never saw it...... He was most certainly ready to play in the Premier league.

We may all think we could've played at the highest level. He didn't, and can't be compared with Robbie James and Leon Britton. FACT

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

The Official Bristol City vs Swansea City Match Thread on 21:51 - Sep 21 with 1637 viewsDr_Winston

The Official Bristol City vs Swansea City Match Thread on 21:46 - Sep 21 by magicdaps10

He smells of E20 and The Res for me.

As for Bodde being knocked down on here, I am disgusted. Bodde was an excellent footballer and although we never saw it...... He was most certainly ready to play in the Premier league.

"We never saw it, but he was certainly ready to play in the Premier League".

Just think for more than a second about how f*cking stupid that sentence is.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

The Official Bristol City vs Swansea City Match Thread on 22:02 - Sep 21 with 1595 viewsmagicdaps10

The Official Bristol City vs Swansea City Match Thread on 21:49 - Sep 21 by TNT

We may all think we could've played at the highest level. He didn't, and can't be compared with Robbie James and Leon Britton. FACT

Can't be compared to Robbie and Leon, I wasn't comparing him to either, only stating that I believe he was ready to play in the Premier league.

As for my comment Dr, trying to throw the fact that he never played in the league does not mean he was not good enough for it.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

The Official Bristol City vs Swansea City Match Thread on 22:08 - Sep 21 with 1568 viewsTNT

The Official Bristol City vs Swansea City Match Thread on 22:02 - Sep 21 by magicdaps10

Can't be compared to Robbie and Leon, I wasn't comparing him to either, only stating that I believe he was ready to play in the Premier league.

As for my comment Dr, trying to throw the fact that he never played in the league does not mean he was not good enough for it.

Mate, Rob Earnshaw thought he was good enough for the top flight.

The Official Bristol City vs Swansea City Match Thread on 22:23 - Sep 21 with 1506 viewsjackrabbit

The Official Bristol City vs Swansea City Match Thread on 18:10 - Sep 21 by monmouth

Just back, nice and quick. By far the quietest home fans I’ve ever seen. They were like the Crud fans when we whumped them 3-0 but they were at home. It beggared belief.

No way were we lucky in any way. Solid point no real scares other than that ball across goal. For a home side they did next to nothing.

We are not creating much though. It was almost Sousaesque today for my money. We have zero pace and next to no penetrative width (Naughts and Biddy are not threatening attacking wingbacks, and neither is Roberts cove to that). Celina is the only one that moves faster than a glacier.

I would take that performance and result over there anyday. Cooper has to find some keys to unlock defences now. There’s a lot of teams in this league that will just run and close down and run back into shape all game, so playing at snails pace and taking three touches on the ball every time is going to do us no favours. That’s been a consistent trend for the last three games.

Happy tonight though. I’d have taken 4 points, and it’s points that count, from those tough three games one way or another.

Good post. I agree with your comment about the lack of pace in the team. We’re neat and tidy but pedestrian. Oh for Dan James’ speed down the wing! No goals scored in 2 games is troubling and somewhat belies our league position. Let’s hope it’s a temporary blip.
The Official Bristol City vs Swansea City Match Thread on 22:47 - Sep 21 with 1432 viewsTNT

The Official Bristol City vs Swansea City Match Thread on 22:23 - Sep 21 by jackrabbit

Good post. I agree with your comment about the lack of pace in the team. We’re neat and tidy but pedestrian. Oh for Dan James’ speed down the wing! No goals scored in 2 games is troubling and somewhat belies our league position. Let’s hope it’s a temporary blip.

Dan James?

Class.

People on here were calling for Montero, when James was on the pitch, mun. You can't make it up.

The Official Bristol City vs Swansea City Match Thread on 04:39 - Sep 22 with 1196 viewsCaptain_Sham

The Official Bristol City vs Swansea City Match Thread on 18:24 - Sep 21 by jasper_T

Same nonsense as last season, then. "Obvious agenda" innit.

People on here don't want to talk about football. They're only here for drama and to pick fights with other posters.

People do want to talk about football. Just not with a clown like you.

Its just a ride.

The Official Bristol City vs Swansea City Match Thread on 04:47 - Sep 22 with 1189 viewsdameedna

The Official Bristol City vs Swansea City Match Thread on 22:23 - Sep 21 by jackrabbit

I reckon Sturridge and Ayew will come good. As for keys maybe Alicia. The challenge is to stop the opposition working us out. I think we have a squad to do that this year. There are a good five or six players that will help with the system in the latter stages. Been very impressed with our Wayne and Mr Garrick. An excellent point and a good display. Well done.
Login to get fewer ads

The Official Bristol City vs Swansea City Match Thread on 04:52 - Sep 22 with 1183 viewsTimTtam

Exactly the response we needed after last week.

I didn't get to catch the game, but it sounds like it was fairly even. It's a bit frustrating not to have won, but a point away from home is always a good result, especially against a bogey team.

Watford lost 8-0, and have not won a game all season. Their confidence is as low as it can get. Bring on Tuesday night!

My name is Matt
Poll: Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons?

The Official Bristol City vs Swansea City Match Thread on 08:41 - Sep 22 with 1060 viewskarnataka

My take on yesterday's game:

We were the better side, not much better but definitely better and we were able to keep the ball better as 60% possession away from home would testify. As for chances, neither side looked particularly sharp in front of goal tbh and either side could have nicked it. Was a bit disappointed Cooper didn't bring Routs on for the last 15 minutes as Celina looked spent and was slowing things down. Wondered if Cooper had settled for the point by not changing things by using subs, would be disappointed by that if true as we were the better side and were capable of pinching the win as BC had used all their subs before an hour had been played and fresh legs may just have swung it. Wasn't sure about the red card at the time but having seen it on TV last night, definitely no worse than the one on Celina early in the first half.

A point at Ashton Gate is a good one these days and it was hard earned and I would have taken that before the game so can't complain really.

Nice to get home from a match before 6pm too, doesn't happen very often.

Edit: meant to add that I thought Naughton had a decent game and was better than Connor has been in the last few and deserved his starting place.
[Post edited 22 Sep 2019 9:39]
The Official Bristol City vs Swansea City Match Thread on 09:03 - Sep 22 with 1031 viewsBrynmill_Jack

The Official Bristol City vs Swansea City Match Thread on 19:25 - Sep 21 by Dr_Winston

We need a platform to be able to consistently build attacks from. As good as our front players can be, if there's nothing behind them then on occasion we're going to struggle to achieve that.

We desperately need a midfield boss. Someone to turn the tide of games our way or at least wrest control from the opposition on occasion. This has to be our #1 priority for January. Get that and there's no telling how far we can go.

This post has been edited by an administrator

I was there yesterday and you’re right. The base of the midfield doesn’t have that ability, Grimes does have a decent long pass but lacks the physicality to dominate the midfield area and Fulton is a steady Eddie but doesn’t have great ability. Byers is frustrating, can either be excellent or rubbish. When the ball is bouncing around he usually tries some lazy flick which invariably ends up going to an opposing player.

Dhanda at least gave us creativity between the lines with the ability to get in behind their midfield. All of a sudden he’s marginalized after two decent performances against Brum and Leeds and I’m at a loss to understand why tbh.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

The Official Bristol City vs Swansea City Match Thread on 10:07 - Sep 22 with 955 viewsvetchonian

The problem is Jasper you made it sound as though we had our backs to the wall.
The stats as discussed on here show otherwise. Just because the opposition created the best chances doesn’t necessarily make them the better side.

We got a point away from home at a ground at which our record is not great after last weeks defeat at home.

17 points from 8 games is promotion form Norwich promoted as champions last season with 93
Yes we know we need to do more to create goals. We all know we lack pace and yesterday Celina broke often to find him self isolated. Let’s hope Cooper can sort this out but in the meanwhile we are undefeated in 7 out of 8 games and are at the top of the table. We have forwards capable of ripping this league up but we all know we lack creativity behind.....we have a “rookie “ league manager who has brought us a “winning mentality let’s hope he can get the midfield and creativity sorted in the meantime I’m happy with our results

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

The Official Bristol City vs Swansea City Match Thread on 10:11 - Sep 22 with 949 viewsBrynmill_Jack

The Official Bristol City vs Swansea City Match Thread on 10:07 - Sep 22 by vetchonian

The problem is Jasper you made it sound as though we had our backs to the wall.
The stats as discussed on here show otherwise. Just because the opposition created the best chances doesn’t necessarily make them the better side.

We got a point away from home at a ground at which our record is not great after last weeks defeat at home.

17 points from 8 games is promotion form Norwich promoted as champions last season with 93
Yes we know we need to do more to create goals. We all know we lack pace and yesterday Celina broke often to find him self isolated. Let’s hope Cooper can sort this out but in the meanwhile we are undefeated in 7 out of 8 games and are at the top of the table. We have forwards capable of ripping this league up but we all know we lack creativity behind.....we have a “rookie “ league manager who has brought us a “winning mentality let’s hope he can get the midfield and creativity sorted in the meantime I’m happy with our results

Have all the transfer windows been closed and curtains drawn , finally?

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024