Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
When We Sold Rodney Marsh. 22:09 - Jan 30 with 4552 viewsted_hendrix

Way back in 1972 I was rather stupidly devastated, I loved the bloke and loved watching him play, couldn't believe it at the time that he was leaving us.
Stan came and went as did my all time favourite player Dave Thomas and what about Paul Parker? this bloke had it all and along with Alan McDonald were our two best defenders of all time, Paul Parker had the heading ability of someone seven bloody foot tall, he just filled you with confidence, another one was Clive Wilson? the most silkiest of defenders (cool as f uck).
Anyone remember when Siir Les came back with the bloody Geordies? the bastards the complete and utter bastards.
Why don't these other clubs leave us alone.
Anyway Nahki Wells will be going soon, I suppose that bloke from Sky will have multiple orgasms when he announces it and Redcrap will wind down his window in his Vauxhall Viva and announce to World a big pile of bullshit and someone somewhere will faint.

Nahki Wells didn't belong to us, he was only borrowing our blue and white shirt, the above named players belonged to us, they were part of us, part of our club.
I missed them when they went.
Not quite sure what I'm waffling on about if i'm honest.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

When We Sold Rodney Marsh. on 19:52 - Jan 31 with 721 viewsWatfordR

This thread got me thinking about a few different things:

Paul Parker and Alan McDonald. As good as they were, I'd include Danny Maddix in that memory. Playing as a three they were awesome, the best defensive unit we ever had.

Funnily enough, although Stan is my all time fave too, Terry Venables going off to Barca was probably the biggest kick in the teeth of the lot, because if he'd stayed we'd have won the league the following season. By a bit too.

But really, the main point that occurred was that with almost all the players named here, we got to see them over a number of seasons, and they all contributed to big moments in our history. I accept that the likes of Eze will be gone by this Summer, and I think he's going to have a great career, but I'm really cheesed off we're going to be no more than a footnote to that. Rodney, Stan, Big Al, Dave Thomas, Paul Parker....no matter who else they played for, everyone knows they played for QPR.

If we're going to be forced to sell all the youngsters the minute they show promise, who's going to create a legacy for us going forward?
When We Sold Rodney Marsh. on 20:09 - Jan 31 with 697 viewscharmr

Have to agree Venables going was and still is a major missed opportunity and to me felt hugely disappointing.

Rangers had a style of play that went through all the teams below who won their fair share, south east, combination leagues. Bringing in young and hungry players into a system. I know what about the offside trap. We were going to places like wolves and Norwich and winning 4-0. Funny as we had such a small away support in those times.

Worked opposite a friend of Gregory’s. Shady as fcuk and loathesome at times. Venables antics getting him banned from being a company director, I’m sure learned from Gregory, might have foreseen problems.
When We Sold Rodney Marsh. on 01:02 - Feb 1 with 632 viewsNov77

Perhaps Gregory’s greatest error was not getting venables in to replace sexton, and avoiding the whole Sibley/Burtenshaw debacle

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024