Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
D Day for Football return 17:45 - Apr 13 with 5171 viewsdurham_exile

It would seem that English football could return on June 6th if the authorities are given the green light.

May 16 would mark a mini period for the equivalent of pre season games prior to the completion of the 19/20 season.

Initially the games will be played behind closed doors.

Still lots to discuss but a plan is clearly being considered.

Up the U's
[Post edited 13 Apr 2020 19:13]

Durham_exile

D Day for Football return on 00:38 - May 21 with 712 viewsdurham_exile

D Day for Football return on 11:11 - May 20 by burnsieespana

Yes an uplifting statement from Robbie showing he really has the interests of Col U close to his heart.
We will survive!

Can the League One clubs make their decision re the cessation of the season and the EFL approve the league two plan so we can get our play off campaign up and running!

Up the U's

If they do it quickly enough we might have the services of the Colchester four!

Durham_exile

D Day for Football return on 07:30 - May 21 with 698 viewsnoah4x4

After Rugby League got a Government bail out as a sop to the 'North', the League One and Two clubs wil probably now sit dithering and moaning (e.g. like promoted Swindon) seeking a similar bail out for the EFL. This (IMHO) should come from football itself and the Premier League, Betting Chains and Broadcasters, and not the taxpayer. Was it Everton that last year said it could survive without fans?

Frankly, I am getting pi55ed off that my taxes are now paying to allow all manner of organisations and unions to play political games, avoid restarting the economy and keeping schools closed etc. Yesterday, there were zero new cases of Covid-19 In London. We have witnessed merely one or two covid-19 deaths in each Colchester district. Any death is tragic, but it's time life (and football) was restarted when the data suggests that it can. Life is never risk free, and if I am stuck indoors much longer I fear my health is at greater risk.
[Post edited 21 May 2020 7:31]
D Day for Football return on 15:32 - May 21 with 655 viewsburnsieespana

Noah well said I have to say I agree with you.
Most of us on here are old enough to have survived the 56/57 Asian flu which killed over 1 m worldwide and 80,000 in the UK as well as the Hong Kong flu in 67/68 which killed over 4 m worldwide.
Until I was reminded of the Hong Kong flu it had completely passed me by I suppose, as in '69 I got married for the first time!
As said one death is to many but way things are going care homes will be empty and mental hospitals will be packed to the gunnels!
It must be the advent of Social Media as I have never communicated with so many terrified people and yesterday, somebody tried to tell me the virus was more dangerous than the Spanish flu which killed 50m people!
So far worldwide deaths are circa 331,000 and if we treble the figure as frankly do not believe either the Russian or Chinese reported deaths we are around 1m.
The latest in Spain is masks have to be worn in all public places where social distancing can't take place. Now I don't disagree with the wearing of masks in shops, etc but some Brits out here have taken to facebook to claim this also means masks must be worn in a car at all times even if driving alone!
The regulations actually say, masks should be worn, in a car, if somebody in the vehicle is not from the same household.
Anyway rumours here indicate La Liga will restart in mid June although I have yet to see anything official.

Up the mighty U's!
D Day for Football return on 16:18 - May 21 with 653 viewsmfb_cufc

EFL has stated clubs will still be promoted and relegated from the three divisions of the English Football League if seasons are ended amid the coronavirus crisis.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52758193

mfb

D Day for Football return on 08:31 - May 22 with 601 viewswessex_exile

D Day for Football return on 16:18 - May 21 by mfb_cufc

EFL has stated clubs will still be promoted and relegated from the three divisions of the English Football League if seasons are ended amid the coronavirus crisis.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52758193

I assume the clincher is that all Divisions presumably have to vote the same way. If, for instance, League 1 decide no relegation, surely we can’t then have any promotion from our league?

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

D Day for Football return on 11:36 - May 29 with 488 viewsgerry_us

I hear the Prem are looking for a neutral ground for the Man U v Liverpool game in an effort to avoid supporters from attending and causing problems.

Problem solved.....use our ground, no bugger will find that!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024