Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Few home truths from Chris Ramsay 11:26 - Aug 19 with 5013 viewsWrightUp5hit___

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/qpr-chris-ramsey-microwaving-players-b-team-

There's a few I definitely would have liked to microwave
[Post edited 19 Aug 2020 11:27]
Few home truths from Chris Ramsay on 13:58 - Aug 21 with 689 viewsNewBee

Few home truths from Chris Ramsay on 03:02 - Aug 21 by timcocking

To think, he was sacked because some of the sheep wouldn't stop saying he wasn't experienced.

I'd have written lmfao but it makes my blood boil to think of the injustice of it.

Tbf, maybe he is better suited to the job he has now, than Manager/1st Team Coach ("horses for courses" etc)?

I don't know whether any of your follow your old boy, Jim Magilton. After a hardly-stellar career in club management, he was appointed NI U-21's manager, with similar lack of distinction.

Eventually he ended up as the IFA's Elite Performance Director, where he's apparently doing a very good job, including bringing youngsters through with "Club NI":
https://www.irishfa.com/news/2016/march/magilton-on-club-ni-programme

Of course, this didn't stop him from touting himself for the senior NI manager's job a couple of times when it became vacant, but I doubt he was ever a realistic candidate. Yet the IFA is very happy to keep him on their books in a different role.

Anyhow, I thought CR's views on the job ahead of him made a lot of sense.
Few home truths from Chris Ramsay on 14:06 - Aug 21 with 660 viewsMyke

Few home truths from Chris Ramsay on 13:58 - Aug 21 by NewBee

Tbf, maybe he is better suited to the job he has now, than Manager/1st Team Coach ("horses for courses" etc)?

I don't know whether any of your follow your old boy, Jim Magilton. After a hardly-stellar career in club management, he was appointed NI U-21's manager, with similar lack of distinction.

Eventually he ended up as the IFA's Elite Performance Director, where he's apparently doing a very good job, including bringing youngsters through with "Club NI":
https://www.irishfa.com/news/2016/march/magilton-on-club-ni-programme

Of course, this didn't stop him from touting himself for the senior NI manager's job a couple of times when it became vacant, but I doubt he was ever a realistic candidate. Yet the IFA is very happy to keep him on their books in a different role.

Anyhow, I thought CR's views on the job ahead of him made a lot of sense.

Actually liked Magilton as a manager although obviously it all unravelled fairly quickly. Glad he is doing a good job where he is though. My favourite quote attributed to him was when he was booked for a late tackle he told the ref 'I got there as quickly as as I could'. I'm sure the quote has been applied to many less than speedy footballers over the years, but I always associate it with him.
Think you are right about Ramsey, his strength is developing young players coming through. Which isn't to say he wasn't treated disgracefully when he was manager.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024