Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
League Cup draw 10:04 - Aug 18 with 4503 viewsNorthernr

Plymouth away.

This post has been edited by an administrator
League Cup draw on 10:14 - Aug 18 with 3257 viewsdaveB

Wembley here we come
League Cup draw on 10:17 - Aug 18 with 3224 viewswhiffer

I'll be there. A rare visit by the R's to the West Country is one of the few times I get to see them play!
League Cup draw on 10:20 - Aug 18 with 3187 viewsNorthernr

League Cup draw on 10:17 - Aug 18 by whiffer

I'll be there. A rare visit by the R's to the West Country is one of the few times I get to see them play!

It's on Saturday September 5 so still no crowds allowed.
League Cup draw on 10:20 - Aug 18 with 3187 viewsLongsufferingR

League Cup draw on 10:17 - Aug 18 by whiffer

Not sure you will unless you're one of the subs!
League Cup draw on 10:25 - Aug 18 with 3133 viewsmakaveli1882

Being played on international weekend, I still have a flight booked to Iceland to watch England play.

Saturday 5th

Plymouth v Rangers
Iceland v England
England v Pakistan in T20

P1ss up at Boxpark with the lads in Shoreditch looks on.

Hate these times..... also not great travel for the boys to lose 2-1
League Cup draw on 10:36 - Aug 18 with 3061 viewsHastings_Hoops

Why is this competition even being played this season given the Covid chaos?
League Cup draw on 10:38 - Aug 18 with 3045 viewsNorthernr

League Cup draw on 10:36 - Aug 18 by Hastings_Hoops

Why is this competition even being played this season given the Covid chaos?

I would think the EFL would worry that if they let it slide this season they'd struggle to get it back. Already big pressure to drop it.
League Cup draw on 10:42 - Aug 18 with 3021 viewsterryb

Plymouth. League Cup.

The nightmares return!
Login to get fewer ads

League Cup draw on 10:43 - Aug 18 with 3018 viewsSnipper

The League Cup, or whatever it’s called now, should just be for EFL clubs. It would be a great competition for us mere mortals if that was the case. We’d actually think we’d have a great chance of getting to a Wembley final.
League Cup draw on 10:50 - Aug 18 with 2972 viewsslmrstid

League Cup draw on 10:43 - Aug 18 by Snipper

The League Cup, or whatever it’s called now, should just be for EFL clubs. It would be a great competition for us mere mortals if that was the case. We’d actually think we’d have a great chance of getting to a Wembley final.

Have the League Cup for Championship, L1 and L2 clubs, ditch the Football League Trophy and thus sack off all the Premiership clubs who have their U23s parachuted into it...

I could get on board with that.
League Cup draw on 10:51 - Aug 18 with 2965 viewsted_hendrix

League Cup draw on 10:43 - Aug 18 by Snipper

"We’d actually think we’d have a great chance of getting to a Wembley final."

LOL.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

League Cup draw on 10:52 - Aug 18 with 2955 viewstoboboly

Typical that we finally get an away draw for it to be lockdown. Bastards.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

League Cup draw on 10:59 - Aug 18 with 2920 viewsDannyPaddox

But this season's Carabao-Rumbelows is gonna be bigger and better cos the winners get to qualify for the UEFA Europa Conference League.

The fuggin what!?
League Cup draw on 11:07 - Aug 18 with 2882 viewsstevec

League Cup draw on 10:59 - Aug 18 by DannyPaddox

But this season's Carabao-Rumbelows is gonna be bigger and better cos the winners get to qualify for the UEFA Europa Conference League.

The fuggin what!?

That sounds a bit like the old Anglo-Italian Cup, back in the early 70's.

Swindon v Bologna, fckin magic. I used to love all that. Bring it back now.
League Cup draw on 11:25 - Aug 18 with 2811 viewswood_hoop

Remember the old days in L1 and friendly rivalry on the boards between us, maybe not quite so friendly at the actual ground.

Was an occassion where a few met up with us lot in the Bush Ranger for a few beers, Green Gob was one name I recall.
League Cup draw on 12:22 - Aug 18 with 2687 viewsLazyFan

League Cup draw on 10:50 - Aug 18 by slmrstid

Have the League Cup for Championship, L1 and L2 clubs, ditch the Football League Trophy and thus sack off all the Premiership clubs who have their U23s parachuted into it...

I could get on board with that.

I love this idea. And the winner still gets to enter Europe.

That would really pee of the prem clubs a proper! Especially if some unfancied side like Barnsley went on to do a miracle and win it!

"final score here from San Siro at the UEFA Euro Final ... Inter Milan 1-3 Barnsley"

zzzzzzzzzz

League Cup draw on 12:54 - Aug 18 with 2582 viewsDannyPaddox

Not sure if Juve have lost at home in the Champions League recently but there used to be a great triv question: Who are the only team to beat Juventus on their own turf in European football? Answer: Swindon Town in the 1970 Anglo-Italian Cup.
League Cup draw on 13:56 - Aug 18 with 2478 viewsPlanetHonneywood

League Cup draw on 12:54 - Aug 18 by DannyPaddox

Not sure if Juve have lost at home in the Champions League recently but there used to be a great triv question: Who are the only team to beat Juventus on their own turf in European football? Answer: Swindon Town in the 1970 Anglo-Italian Cup.

Didn’t United beat them en route to the treble in 1998?

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

League Cup draw on 13:57 - Aug 18 with 2458 viewsNewBee

Not so. Not even close, in fact.

Counting UEFA competition alone (EC/CL, ECWC, UEFA Cup, EL etc), Juve have lost 17 home games.

They also lost eg, 4 home games in the Central European Cup, the first of them in 1932, to Slavia Prague.

More details here:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Juventus_F.C._in_European_football
League Cup draw on 13:57 - Aug 18 with 2467 viewsMrSheen

Arsenal won 1-0 at Juventus in the CWC S/F in 1980. I only remember that because the goal was scored by Paul Vaessen, who had a horrible time afterwards.

Which British club has a 100% record against Barcelona in European competitions?
[Post edited 18 Aug 2020 14:00]
League Cup draw on 13:58 - Aug 18 with 2459 viewsMick_S

League Cup draw on 13:57 - Aug 18 by NewBee

Not so. Not even close, in fact.

Counting UEFA competition alone (EC/CL, ECWC, UEFA Cup, EL etc), Juve have lost 17 home games.

They also lost eg, 4 home games in the Central European Cup, the first of them in 1932, to Slavia Prague.

More details here:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Juventus_F.C._in_European_football

You must have beaten them?

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

League Cup draw on 14:07 - Aug 18 with 2413 viewsNewBee

League Cup draw on 13:58 - Aug 18 by Mick_S

You must have beaten them?

If by "you", you mean Brentford FC, then not so either.

However, we have beaten Ascoli and Cesena away in European competition, as well as Bari and Lucchese at home. (This was after having eliminated those aformentioned Giants of European Football, Swindon Town, in a Preliminary Round)

http://www.rsssf.com/tablesa/angloit93.html

But thank you for asking.
League Cup draw on 14:08 - Aug 18 with 2425 viewsDannyPaddox

FFS you pedants I’ll rephrase it then - who were the last team from Wiltshire (not including Devizes or Trowbridge Town - just in case) to beat Juventus away in European football?

Answer: Swindon Town in the Anglo-Italian Cup 1970. Okay!
[Post edited 18 Aug 2020 14:09]
League Cup draw on 14:09 - Aug 18 with 2403 viewsNewBee

League Cup draw on 13:57 - Aug 18 by MrSheen

Arsenal won 1-0 at Juventus in the CWC S/F in 1980. I only remember that because the goal was scored by Paul Vaessen, who had a horrible time afterwards.

Which British club has a 100% record against Barcelona in European competitions?

I happen to know the Barca one without having to google - I won't spoil it for others, since it's a cracker!
League Cup draw on 14:15 - Aug 18 with 2401 viewsDannyPaddox

League Cup draw on 13:57 - Aug 18 by MrSheen

Ah that’s an easy question - in fact it’s a piece of cake 😎
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024