Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Oldist living QPR player? 14:04 - Oct 23 with 2135 views2Thomas2Bowles

Seen this on Facebook
Johnny Gibbons 95Y (48/49) then on to play for spurs.

https://superhotspur.com/2020/06/05/my-piece-on-one-of-spurs-last-surviving-form

Is anyone older?

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Oldist living QPR player? on 15:04 - Oct 23 with 2089 viewsPlanetHonneywood

I’d like to see Sandro’s real birth certificate.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Oldist living QPR player? on 20:01 - Oct 23 with 1957 viewsDavieQPR

Quote " We as Spurs fans should be proud to call John one of our own" He never played a game for their first team. At least he made 9 appearances for us. So not really "one of their own"..
Oldist living QPR player? on 08:18 - Oct 24 with 1868 views2Thomas2Bowles

Oldist living QPR player? on 20:01 - Oct 23 by DavieQPR

Quote " We as Spurs fans should be proud to call John one of our own" He never played a game for their first team. At least he made 9 appearances for us. So not really "one of their own"..

I posted the link as it's the only write up I could find.

Time to bash the club for not having a write-up and why is he not listed in Forever (95 is forever) R's

Bastards.

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Oldist living QPR player? on 08:16 - Oct 26 with 1763 viewsstefan54

Found the programme of QPR Reserves v Swansea Town Reserves on 30 October 1948 in the Football Combination in which Johnny Gibbons is listed as Centre Forward.

Until my son comes round, haven't got a clue as to how to attach it to this exchange!!!
Oldist living QPR player? on 09:21 - Oct 26 with 1719 viewsMyke

Oldist living QPR player? on 20:01 - Oct 23 by DavieQPR

I think it's kind of cool that they acknowledged his longevity - more than we did. I love the casual approach back in the day, the way he 'played a few games' here and there for various clubs. Not burdened by legally binding contracts - simpler times.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024