Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A team of grafters 22:54 - Feb 5 with 4359 viewsthornabyswan

This has to be the hardest working Swans team I
can remember.

Yes we have some talented players but the work rate is 2nd to none.

And that's down to Cooper and the coaching staff.

The Jacks are going up.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

A team of grafters on 07:52 - Feb 8 with 679 viewsFireboy2

A team of grafters on 07:12 - Feb 8 by Dr_Winston

Guehi and Cabango are playing well because they're both bloody good players. Bennett has been a rock but let's not overdo it.

We've got five quality players competing for three slots, and one of them isn't even a natural central defender.

I didnt say they werent good players Doc, I'm just saying that bennetts experience is making them play better.
A team of grafters on 09:03 - Feb 8 with 654 viewsjasper_T

Bennett's only played 16 out of 27 games this season. We've been solid with and without him.
A team of grafters on 09:20 - Feb 8 with 653 viewsjasper_T

A team of grafters on 14:24 - Feb 6 by ReslovenSwan1

The Potter team that on paper looked stronger was blitzed 1-4 by Farke's Norwich team 2 seasons ago. 4 players from both played last night Buendia out.

Mulder
Naughton, Rodon, Vd Horn, Grimes
Fer Fulton
James, Celina Roberts
McBurnie

To be fair Potter had a very good record at home soon after that so he corrected the defects. His away form was however poor highlighting that this team was not so resilient.

From open play Potter's team was resilient - only Boro and Sheff Utd conceded fewer. Set pieces were the achilles heel, corners in particular, especially after Rodon got injured and Nordfeldt locked down his spot.

Margetson deserves a lot of credit for getting us organised (although Brighton's record hasn't terrible to be fair).
A team of grafters on 09:35 - Feb 8 with 647 viewsDr_Winston

A team of grafters on 09:03 - Feb 8 by jasper_T

Bennett's only played 16 out of 27 games this season. We've been solid with and without him.

Yep

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

A team of grafters on 10:43 - Feb 8 with 625 viewsReslovenSwan1

A team of grafters on 09:35 - Feb 8 by Dr_Winston

Yep

On the other hand the club has lost a £11m talent one of the 'golden children' and nothing much has changed. That sounds like good business to me. £11m +4m in the bank with no downside in the short term with another golden child Brandon Cooper chomping at the bit.

Wise sage since Toshack era

A team of grafters on 12:09 - Feb 8 with 604 viewsCatullus

A team of grafters on 10:43 - Feb 8 by ReslovenSwan1

On the other hand the club has lost a £11m talent one of the 'golden children' and nothing much has changed. That sounds like good business to me. £11m +4m in the bank with no downside in the short term with another golden child Brandon Cooper chomping at the bit.

We'll have to see how young Cooper turns out but Coops is doing a great job coaching the team. Completely agree withthe rest, selling Rodon when we did made us stable financially and we even managed to strengthen the squad.

The only real downside for me is fans not being able to be there, in the Liberty. Otherwise it's all good.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

A team of grafters on 12:22 - Feb 8 with 594 views34dfgdf54

A team of grafters on 10:43 - Feb 8 by ReslovenSwan1

It was an outstanding bit of business, didn't think so at the time though!

It's allowed us to be less threatened by Covid, and strengthen the squad with the likes of Hourihane for the run in. Winter played a blinder.
A team of grafters on 14:03 - Feb 8 with 574 views34dfgdf54

Grimes has said pretty much what I had assumed about Cooper, he has set an us against the world mentality with his press briefings etc, similar to how Jose goes about things.

“The team has been modelled the way the gaffer wants it to be,” Grimes says. “He’s had 18 months in the job now and he has created a culture that is one of, if not the best, dressing rooms I’ve been in. Training is enjoyable every single day and he’s created a siege mentality where nothing affects us.”
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024