Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread THE AFTERMATH. 10:46 - Feb 13 with 18244 viewsNotLoyal

EFL Championship
Wednesday February 17th 2021
Liberty Stadium
Kick Off 7pm

Match Officials
GEOFF ELTRINGHAM
Richard Wild and Mark Pottage
Fourth Official : Kevin Johnson

Geoff Eltringham pleading for leniency with an imaginary referee

Geoff Eltringham last officiated a swans game on Saturday September 26th 2020 when Wycombe hosted the game.The swans won 2-0. He booked two Wycombe players.

History
Swansea City v Nottingham Forest
Games won: 25
Games drawn: 16
Games lost: 26

On the 16th May 2011 the swans beat Forest in the championship play off semi finals at the Liberty 3-1.

Stephen Dobbie celebrates his goal against Forest

The last meeting in the FA Cup saw the swans win 5-1 a few weeks ago at the Liberty.

Updated League Table

Swans man to watch

Andre Ayew

Andre is back in the goals

Andre Ayew on Forest
“The next game will be a hard one,” said the 31-year-old. “We know there's 19 games left and so many points. “It's a marathon and we need to keep going to the end. The team who is going to be strong mentally and physically will be able to do something great. “But with so many games to play, I think it’s important that we only look at the next game. And we will do that for the rest of the season. “We are doing good but we won’t get carried away. We must keep working and work harder because we've got 19 games left and there are a lot of points to play for and get before we can think about anything.”

Forest man to watch

Joe Worrall

Defender Worrall is catching the eye of numerous premier league sides including gravelly voiced Burnley. He has only enjoyed being one of the first on the team sheet last and this season. Before that he was on loan at Glasgow Rangers and Dagenham & Redbridge where he scored his last competitive goal. Worrall is from a place called Hucknall.

Joe Worrall, from Mick Hucknall

More to follow including -

General observations on the purchase of minty chocolates in Nottingham

A bloke called Dave dancing

Furry wappers on ice

Squirting.

Stay tuned. This will follow.

This post has been edited by an administrator

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread UPDATED MONDAY on 15:39 - Feb 15 with 1980 viewsNotLoyal

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread UPDATED MONDAY on 16:39 - Feb 15 with 1924 viewsonehunglow

Squirting!

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread (n/t) on 19:31 - Feb 15 with 1870 viewsPenbedw

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread on 13:57 - Feb 13 by Nortbankboy

Can you remember the bugler on the North bank?
Who used to play fall in?

Many yrs ago
[Post edited 14 Feb 2021 10:10]

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread on 19:34 - Feb 15 with 1868 viewsPenbedw

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread on 13:57 - Feb 13 by Nortbankboy

Can you remember the bugler on the North bank?
Who used to play fall in?

Many yrs ago
[Post edited 14 Feb 2021 10:10]

he was called F-troop, after the American comedy series in the 60s
Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread on 06:18 - Feb 16 with 1722 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread on 14:54 - Feb 15 by 34dfgdf54

In possession I think he struggles a bit personally, but all in all a very good centre half at this level. Still not even 21 yet either.

Ben has the benefit of having Bennett alongside him as a mentor. And he’s blossoming under his tutelage.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread on 10:19 - Feb 16 with 1663 viewsDr_Winston

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread on 13:58 - Feb 15 by 34dfgdf54

I don't go on these WhoScored ratings if I'm being honest but I'm unsure why Cabango is getting grief by certain people on here though. Each to their own I suppose.

There is a notion in certain circles that he's not much cop in possession. Can't say I've ever noticed it. In any case, Ashley Williams was hardly Beckenbauer on the ball and he didn't have a bad career.
[Post edited 16 Feb 2021 10:22]

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread on 10:28 - Feb 16 with 1656 viewsCatullus

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread on 10:19 - Feb 16 by Dr_Winston

There is a notion in certain circles that he's not much cop in possession. Can't say I've ever noticed it. In any case, Ashley Williams was hardly Beckenbauer on the ball and he didn't have a bad career.
[Post edited 16 Feb 2021 10:22]

Can't say I've noticed either. If I had a complaint it's that he sometimes a bit reckless going into tackles and gets booked too easily but experience will deal with that. Young players quite often are guilty of diving in.

Ash was a solid defender in the air or on the ground, his passing wasn't bad but not brilliant.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread UPDATED MONDAY on 10:29 - Feb 16 with 1650 viewsonehunglow

Cabango seems fine to me anyway.He gets around the field just fine and is quite willing to put his body on the line for the cause. And good on him.

Bennett is the key though/

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Login to get fewer ads

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread on 10:53 - Feb 16 with 1645 viewsjasper_T

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread on 06:18 - Feb 16 by Brynmill_Jack

Ben has the benefit of having Bennett alongside him as a mentor. And he’s blossoming under his tutelage.

Cabango's played as many games without Bennett as with him this season. Bennett's played only 16 games in the league and half the time it's been Naughton to the right of him.
Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread on 10:57 - Feb 16 with 1641 viewsDr_Winston

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread on 10:53 - Feb 16 by jasper_T

Cabango's played as many games without Bennett as with him this season. Bennett's played only 16 games in the league and half the time it's been Naughton to the right of him.

Yeah. There's an element of myth making popping up about Bennett already. Cracking player, important to the team but not irreplaceable and not soley responsible for our defensive strength this season either.

I'd rather have him available than not but we've managed just fine without him when he isn't.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread on 13:35 - Feb 16 with 1553 viewstheloneranger

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread on 10:28 - Feb 16 by Catullus

Can't say I've noticed either. If I had a complaint it's that he sometimes a bit reckless going into tackles and gets booked too easily but experience will deal with that. Young players quite often are guilty of diving in.

Ash was a solid defender in the air or on the ground, his passing wasn't bad but not brilliant.

His discipline has been pretty good this season and for last season ...

He's played in 21 league games 20 (1) this season and been booked twice.

Last season he also played in 21 league games and booked twice.
[Post edited 16 Feb 2021 13:39]

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread UPDATED MONDAY on 11:13 - Feb 17 with 1332 viewsGeoffThom

Got a nervous feeling about tonight forest on paper should be one hell of a team spent a lot and brought in some good loans hope I'm wrong
Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread UPDATED MONDAY on 11:22 - Feb 17 with 1325 views34dfgdf54

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread UPDATED MONDAY on 11:13 - Feb 17 by GeoffThom

Got a nervous feeling about tonight forest on paper should be one hell of a team spent a lot and brought in some good loans hope I'm wrong

Same with me, not fancying it at all.
Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread UPDATED MONDAY on 12:44 - Feb 17 with 1295 viewsmax936

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread UPDATED MONDAY on 11:22 - Feb 17 by 34dfgdf54

Same with me, not fancying it at all.

That's 3 of us then, but I'm always apprehensive about games, some say my glass is always half full, I disagree
Forest have definitely improved, Houghton is a decent manager and his teams are always strong and well prepared, could be a tough night.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread UPDATED MONDAY on 13:00 - Feb 17 with 1285 viewsChief

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread UPDATED MONDAY on 12:44 - Feb 17 by max936

That's 3 of us then, but I'm always apprehensive about games, some say my glass is always half full, I disagree
Forest have definitely improved, Houghton is a decent manager and his teams are always strong and well prepared, could be a tough night.

4. Still don't think the postponement on weekend did us any favours. More time to think, more time to mull while other teams play. You can see Cooper's playing up forest's squad in the press which is probably exactly the right thing to do after a break to get us back on the saddle.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread on 13:20 - Feb 17 with 1261 viewsBadlands

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread on 06:18 - Feb 16 by Brynmill_Jack

TBH I haven't picked up on Bennett being a mentor - he's just a very good, organised and disciplined CB which has a positive affect on those around him.
Cabango with Bennett alongside him can play his own game and doesn't have to cover as much for others because Bennett isn't as adventurous and Guehi and Naughton.
For that reason the pairing pays dividends.
With or without Bennett, Cabango is a leader and has been through the age teams.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread UPDATED MONDAY on 13:24 - Feb 17 with 1260 viewsraynor94

Grow some balls for Christ sake boys it's Forest we are playing!

Watched them Saturday against Bournemouth, apart from Knockaert, didn't see anything to overly worry us.

It will be a professional performance like Norwich again.

2-0

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread UPDATED MONDAY on 13:24 - Feb 17 with 1259 viewsLittleEnglandJack

I'll make it 5 of us, don't fancy us at all if I'm being honest. They're in decent form lately and will be bang up for it to avenge their hammering a few weeks ago. I was in the camp that last weekend's postponement was terrible news for us and worry that we might've lost some of our momentum having gone nearly two weeks without a league game.

Hopefully I'm wrong and the players look well rested and are driven on by the knowledge that top spot is entirely within our hands.
Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread UPDATED MONDAY on 13:26 - Feb 17 with 1255 viewstheloneranger

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread UPDATED MONDAY on 12:44 - Feb 17 by max936

For some reason I'm feeling really apprehensive about this game. Forest are on a really good run in the league - they've only lost 1 of their last 12 games, with 6 wins and 7 clean sheets.

Plus Glen Murray has a pretty good scoring record against us - especially when Houghton is his manager.

But, we'll win 2-0!! 😇
[Post edited 17 Feb 2021 13:31]

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread UPDATED MONDAY on 13:26 - Feb 17 with 1253 views34dfgdf54

It goes without saying for me, I'm always glass half empty, don't mind admitting that.

For me we seem to be unlucky in the fact that despite playing teams in lower half, when our fixture comes around they seem to be in and around top of form table. Sheff Weds was similar before getting called off.
Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread UPDATED MONDAY on 13:39 - Feb 17 with 1237 viewsraynor94

They have had 1 defeat in 6, 4 of those were at home, 2 away wins at Coventry and Wycombe, improved greatly under Hughton, but we are more than capable of putting them away.

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread on 14:23 - Feb 17 with 1203 viewsCatullus

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread on 13:35 - Feb 16 by theloneranger

His discipline has been pretty good this season and for last season ...

He's played in 21 league games 20 (1) this season and been booked twice.

Last season he also played in 21 league games and booked twice.
[Post edited 16 Feb 2021 13:39]

Yes but for me both of those tackles were needless bookings, he went in hard when he didn't need to.

Opinions eh.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread UPDATED MONDAY on 15:33 - Feb 17 with 1158 viewsBoundy

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread UPDATED MONDAY on 13:24 - Feb 17 by LittleEnglandJack

I'll make it 5 of us, don't fancy us at all if I'm being honest. They're in decent form lately and will be bang up for it to avenge their hammering a few weeks ago. I was in the camp that last weekend's postponement was terrible news for us and worry that we might've lost some of our momentum having gone nearly two weeks without a league game.

Hopefully I'm wrong and the players look well rested and are driven on by the knowledge that top spot is entirely within our hands.

so's carduff but I still fancy us to beat both of them , not at the same time granted .

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread on 15:34 - Feb 17 with 1158 viewsvetchonian

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread on 14:23 - Feb 17 by Catullus

Yes but for me both of those tackles were needless bookings, he went in hard when he didn't need to.

Opinions eh.

Thats just it we all have our opinions on here and they wont always agree just like match days we dont always agree with those who sit around us

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread UPDATED MONDAY on 16:24 - Feb 17 with 1117 viewsmax936

Be nice to see more of the two American players tonight, not sure we will though, Coops seems like a creature of habit.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024