Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Managers Thoughts. 20:24 - Mar 6 with 960 viewsted_hendrix

QPR manager Mark Warburton "It's a tough place to come. Obviously Nigel has come in - he'll make a big impression and be well organised, so we knew what we faced and we delivered a very strong performance.

"We were on the front foot, our wing-backs pushed on high and with good intensity and we wanted to get early balls into the box, which we did. It was a great ball from Toddy and to have Ilias score the first goal was tremendous.

"Then we got the second, which looked good from a set-piece and we controlled the game for long periods. It's a very pleasing performance - to keep a clean sheet as well is an added bonus."

Bristol City manager Nigel Pearson
"We couldn't replicate our recent standard of performance, which is something we definitely need to address - not just now, but in the longer term.

"The performance was certainly not what we were looking for and in the first half we were a bit too passive. We were unable to influence the game in the middle of the pitch.

"In terms of the changes we made, Sam Pearson did well coming on and having a really positive debut for a youngster in a difficult game, so did Antoine, in flashes.

"It's just a game we allowed to get away from us without the level of resistance I would expect."

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Managers Thoughts. on 20:38 - Mar 6 with 873 viewsstainrods_elbow

Brizzle had lost their last four at home, found it hard to score, and were supine today, good as we were. They've been mullered at Watford, offered next to nothing in attack - sorry Nahki - and never looked like getting back in the game from start to finish. So, no, it's not the hardest place to come right now, even though, for Warbs, every place is apparently, and every squad is so 'talented' it's a wonder everyone isn't going for promotion all at once. It's a gramophone record and silly form of 'manager speak', not a telling of truth or lexicon of critical thinking.

That said, today's showing means I'm hardly going to knock him for it. We looked like one of the best teams in the division, and my only grumble is we didn't score four - Chair could have at least doubled his tally from good positions. It's rare to see a team so on point to a man and feels wonderful.

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Managers Thoughts. on 20:42 - Mar 6 with 854 viewsqpr_1968

"ITS A TOUGH PLACE TO COME"......when there are fans in the ground.

every game is winable, home or away......regardless, great performance.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

Managers Thoughts. on 20:50 - Mar 6 with 819 viewsbosh67

We do seem to be a much better organised and focussed team (bar Birmingham) away from home during this lockdown season.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024