Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
*IF* we went up 18:51 - Mar 13 with 3985 viewsdantheswansman

Do we have a single player who could make it in the premier league?
Besides Ayew, and even he is questionable do we have any players good enough for that league
Personally i just don't see them, yes on their day there are a few, but them having those days are few and far between
I'm completely amazed we are in the position we are to be honest
So who if anyone do you think could cut it with the "big boys"
*IF* we went up on 18:55 - Mar 13 with 2434 viewsChief

Connor Roberts certainly. Bennett, Bidwell maybe Manning could do a job.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

*IF* we went up on 19:00 - Mar 13 with 2411 viewsdantheswansman

*IF* we went up on 18:55 - Mar 13 by Chief

Yeah agreed Conor Roberts is a great shout, not too sure about the others you mention though
*IF* we went up on 19:03 - Mar 13 with 2390 viewspencoedjack

*IF* we went up on 18:55 - Mar 13 by Chief

I'd add Grimes to that list, Joel looks a decent centre half in the making as well.

Gutted Guehi is not ours
*IF* we went up on 19:04 - Mar 13 with 2379 viewsDr_Winston

Depends on how the team sets up. By nobody's reckoning was Mark Gower a Premier League player but he didn't embarrass himself that first season.

The idea that a player can be Premier League or Championship class is overrated. A well managed team of not great players can punch well above its weight in comparison, as we did for a number of years until the "well managed" bit went awry.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

*IF* we went up on 19:08 - Mar 13 with 2387 viewsLittleEnglandJack

In terms of our players (not loanees) Bennett, CR and Grimes certainly. Naughton and Ayew have premier league experience but I'm not sure they're up to the standard to be playing that level regularly anymore.

Otherwise, I'm not convinced.
*IF* we went up on 19:09 - Mar 13 with 2377 viewskrunchykarrot

Ayew isnt upto Premiership standard thats why he is still here. We have Cabango Grimes and Roberts with Fulton. Ghuhi is quality Bennet im not sure Bidwell and Manning would struggle. Cooper would have to perform miracles in the market as well as the league, cant wait to watch no matter what the pain. Thats what drink and drugs are for.
*IF* we went up on 19:10 - Mar 13 with 2369 viewsBadlands

Naughton, Bennett, Cabango, Ayew, Roberts, Bidwell, Manning, Fulton with a decent manager.
The lower half of the PL isn't very good.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

*IF* we went up on 19:13 - Mar 13 with 2367 viewsdantheswansman

*IF* we went up on 19:04 - Mar 13 by Dr_Winston

Depends on how the team sets up. By nobody's reckoning was Mark Gower a Premier League player but he didn't embarrass himself that first season.

The idea that a player can be Premier League or Championship class is overrated. A well managed team of not great players can punch well above its weight in comparison, as we did for a number of years until the "well managed" bit went awry.

You have a very good point however, Ashleigh Williams, Neil Taylor, Nathan Dyer, Joe Allen, Angel Rangel, all went on to go to other premier league teams on their own merit

I just do not see that quality within this team now
Even with the best will in the world
Login to get fewer ads

*IF* we went up on 19:20 - Mar 13 with 2337 viewsDr_Winston

*IF* we went up on 19:13 - Mar 13 by dantheswansman

You have a very good point however, Ashleigh Williams, Neil Taylor, Nathan Dyer, Joe Allen, Angel Rangel, all went on to go to other premier league teams on their own merit

I just do not see that quality within this team now
Even with the best will in the world

No doubt player for player (and manager for manager) the 2011 team was superior to this one, but it's hard to say for sure how a lot of them would do for us or elsewhere.

For example, IMO Ryan Manning is a player who could easily do a job for a well managed bottom half PL team, but few would class him as "PL quality". I don't think we've got too many Williamses, Dyers or Allens, but we've got a lot of Mark Gowers.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

*IF* we went up on 19:23 - Mar 13 with 2338 viewsDJack

*IF* we went up on 19:03 - Mar 13 by pencoedjack

I'd add Grimes to that list, Joel looks a decent centre half in the making as well.

Gutted Guehi is not ours

Grimes strikes me as the sort of player who will improve when working with even better players. This is in no way a dig at our squad just an observation on Matty and his development...And for the hard of thinking Matty is good and he will be even better when playing with bettter quality players.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

*IF* we went up on 19:23 - Mar 13 with 2337 viewsChief

I don't want to sound submissive, but if we go up, the funds should be mostly spent on securing the future of the club, not staying up.

Basically plan for the season after back in the championship. Build slowly and gradually.

*IF* we went up on 19:24 - Mar 13 with 2334 viewsChief

And i appreciate that sounds bad.

*IF* we went up on 19:25 - Mar 13 with 2319 viewsDr_Winston

We'd do what we did the first summer. Spend about £10-12m (closer to £20m now) and trust in the system.

Hopefully the owners have learned not to throw good money after bad and if we did make the drop we'd be in a strong position to bounce straight back.

*IF* we went up on 19:29 - Mar 13 with 2328 viewsdantheswansman

*IF* we went up on 19:23 - Mar 13 by Chief

I don't want to sound submissive, but if we go up, the funds should be mostly spent on securing the future of the club, not staying up.

Basically plan for the season after back in the championship. Build slowly and gradually.

I don't think that is submissive at all, i totally agree no matter how much it would hurt to just go up and straight back down, the long term future is always more important, i was merely seeing what other Swans supporters thought and if i was being unfairly negative.
I don't think i am being a killjoy but some of the replies have certainly made me rethink the initial position i held
[Post edited 13 Mar 2021 19:29]
*IF* we went up on 19:31 - Mar 13 with 2318 viewsChief

*IF* we went up on 19:29 - Mar 13 by dantheswansman

I don't think that is submissive at all, i totally agree no matter how much it would hurt to just go up and straight back down, the long term future is always more important, i was merely seeing what other Swans supporters thought and if i was being unfairly negative.
I don't think i am being a killjoy but some of the replies have certainly made me rethink the initial position i held
[Post edited 13 Mar 2021 19:29]

I see as just being realistic myself.

We've been there and done it before, hopefully lessons will have been learnt.

*IF* we went up on 19:32 - Mar 13 with 2302 viewstrampie

Connor Roberts and Andre Ayew for sure.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

*IF* we went up on 19:45 - Mar 13 with 2289 viewsvetchonian

*IF* we went up on 19:10 - Mar 13 by Badlands

Naughton, Bennett, Cabango, Ayew, Roberts, Bidwell, Manning, Fulton with a decent manager.
The lower half of the PL isn't very good.

you dont like Cooper do you.....
look forward to the day he does aPotter just to see the egg on your facw

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

*IF* we went up on 20:39 - Mar 13 with 2184 viewsonehunglow

*IF* we went up on 19:45 - Mar 13 by vetchonian

you dont like Cooper do you.....
look forward to the day he does aPotter just to see the egg on your facw

Only the lonely do.

Roberts possibly ,nobody else

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

*IF* we went up on 20:45 - Mar 13 with 2180 viewsbuilthjack

Roberts. A couple of others may just make the squad.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

*IF* we went up on 20:46 - Mar 13 with 2169 viewsReslovenSwan1

Who did shaeffield utd have when they went up?. Huddesfield the same. Mooy was the star man and he has vanished. Survived on hard work organiation and adenaline.

All bog standard champioship players. Both stayed up after the first season relegated the second. Both failed to bring in 3 - 4 expereienced pros to keep them up.

Burnley now have no stars.
[Post edited 13 Mar 2021 20:53]

Wise sage since Toshack era

*IF* we went up on 20:49 - Mar 13 with 2171 viewsTreforys_Jack

Roberts, Grimes, Cabango, Manning, Fulton, would all make the match day 16 for me, possibly Smith, Bennett and Joel as well.
*IF* we went up on 20:50 - Mar 13 with 2161 viewsonehunglow

*IF* we went up on 20:46 - Mar 13 by ReslovenSwan1

Who did shaeffield utd have when they went up?. Huddesfield the same. Mooy was the star man and he has vanished. Survived on hard work organiation and adenaline.

All bog standard champioship players. Both stayed up after the first season relegated the second. Both failed to bring in 3 - 4 expereienced pros to keep them up.

Burnley now have no stars.
[Post edited 13 Mar 2021 20:53]

But they have an outstanding manager who really does ensure the club punches above its weight.
They are an inspiration,or should be.
Dyche is a one off.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

*IF* we went up on 21:00 - Mar 13 with 2128 viewsReslovenSwan1

*IF* we went up on 20:50 - Mar 13 by onehunglow

But they have an outstanding manager who really does ensure the club punches above its weight.
Dyche is a one off.

Dyche is a one off. He got his break under Malky McKay and took over from him at Watford 10 years ago,.

Dyche in one season had a win record of 35% from 49 games

Cooper for almost two seasons has a win record of 47% from 91 games.

Cooper is still a rookie and a lot to learn to get to Dyche's level but has nade a real good start. I hope he will continue to develop.

Wise sage since Toshack era

*IF* we went up on 21:08 - Mar 13 with 2120 viewsChief

*IF* we went up on 20:50 - Mar 13 by onehunglow

Dyche is a one off.

Rarely rotates and plays boring hoofball football though. Bit of double standards going on here.

*IF* we went up on 21:30 - Mar 13 with 2102 viewsNotLoyal

*IF* we went up on 21:08 - Mar 13 by Chief

Rarely rotates and plays boring hoofball football though. Bit of double standards going on here.

Woodman
Roberts
Cabango
Grimes
Ayew
To think any of these aren't good enough shows someone who doesn't understand football.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024