Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Strikers 23:32 - Mar 20 with 2626 viewsGeoffThom

I don't buy this we could not get one nonsense ,Jesus even bony is kicking his heels there's plenty out there we didn't look hard enough
Strikers on 05:10 - Mar 21 with 2048 views34dfgdf54

Agreed. We did get one in Whittaker and there’s goals in him at this level already.
Strikers on 05:31 - Mar 21 with 2048 viewsbuilthjack

Our owners would not pay the money. Simple as that.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Strikers on 05:50 - Mar 21 with 2033 viewsDr_Parnassus

Strikers on 05:31 - Mar 21 by builthjack

Correct, they signed Morgan and Morris. We were shopping in the bargain bin.

Although I would take both over Bony. He was dreadful when he was active let alone after not playing for over a year.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Strikers on 05:52 - Mar 21 with 2034 views34dfgdf54

Strikers on 05:50 - Mar 21 by Dr_Parnassus

Correct, they signed Morgan and Morris. We were shopping in the bargain bin.

Although I would take both over Bony. He was dreadful when he was active let alone after not playing for over a year.

Bargain bin.

One was £700k the other a US international who had interest off bundesliga sides. Hardly bargain bin is it.
Strikers on 05:54 - Mar 21 with 2031 viewsDr_Parnassus

Strikers on 05:52 - Mar 21 by 34dfgdf54

Bargain bin.

One was £700k the other a US international who had interest off bundesliga sides. Hardly bargain bin is it.

Yes, but we have been through this already many times.

Morgan was 200k with 500k add-ons that may never be paid on a tiny salary. The other a loan from the MLS also on a tiny salary.

Bargain bin.
[Post edited 21 Mar 2021 6:00]

Strikers on 06:00 - Mar 21 with 2028 views34dfgdf54

Strikers on 05:54 - Mar 21 by Dr_Parnassus

Yes, but we have been through this already many times.

Morgan was 200k with 500k add-ons that may never be paid on a tiny salary. The other a loan from the MLS also on a tiny salary.

Bargain bin.
[Post edited 21 Mar 2021 6:00]

Righteyo keep telling yourself that.
Strikers on 06:01 - Mar 21 with 2023 viewsDr_Parnassus

Strikers on 06:00 - Mar 21 by 34dfgdf54

Righteyo keep telling yourself that.

Don't need to tell myself anything. But I will keep posting common sense if that is what you mean.

Strikers on 06:53 - Mar 21 with 2003 viewsjack247

We could have got one easily. The challenge was getting one good enough to compete with Ayew and Lowe, on a budget we could afford, in the January window.

We started the season looking to shoehorn Lowe into the Brewster role, expecting we’d have MGW here all season to supply him and Ayew. We also had Cullen in reserve as a more natural finisher.
Login to get fewer ads

Strikers on 07:38 - Mar 21 with 1970 viewsDr_Winston

When people say striker, what they mean is targetman, to suit the kind of turgid, borderline route one bollocks Cooper has us playing. Someone to get on the end of Connor's long throws. This is what he's turned us into.

Perhaps the problem is that the club brought in players to suit the way they think we should play, rather than the way we actually do.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Strikers on 08:47 - Mar 21 with 1907 viewsAndyCole

Strikers on 05:52 - Mar 21 by 34dfgdf54

Bargain bin.

Maybe it’s time to start a new thread: We should OF signed Bony

Says it all. Clueless.

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

Strikers on 09:28 - Mar 21 with 1863 viewsChief

Well what we do know is that Cooper definitely wanted an out and out striker. He's spoken about it enough. We reportedly went in for Sam Greenwood from Leeds late on deadline day who's someone Cooper has worked with in the England youth set up. We had Gyorkeres but again I don't think he's an out and out striker either and he's rubbish too.

What we don't know is why we didn't go for one earlier in the window or why there was no back up plan to Greenwood.

But, no one could realistically have envisaged Morris having that injury, but then again he isn't the out and out striker that Cooper wanted anyway.

There were other strikers available. Other championship clubs did sign strikers (Austin is an example but i assume his wages would be too high for us), Barnsley signed an American Daryl Dike from the MLS who looks a handful and has already got 5 goals.

So i don't know why we didn't get a striker. Cooper obviously wanted one.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Strikers on 09:43 - Mar 21 with 1843 viewsswan_si

Didn't we have Michael Obafemi lined up from Southampton, he picked up an injury in training just before he was due to join us, could have been another MGW situation.
Strikers on 09:44 - Mar 21 with 1839 viewsjack247

Strikers on 09:28 - Mar 21 by Chief

Well what we do know is that Cooper definitely wanted an out and out striker. He's spoken about it enough. We reportedly went in for Sam Greenwood from Leeds late on deadline day who's someone Cooper has worked with in the England youth set up. We had Gyorkeres but again I don't think he's an out and out striker either and he's rubbish too.

What we don't know is why we didn't go for one earlier in the window or why there was no back up plan to Greenwood.

But, no one could realistically have envisaged Morris having that injury, but then again he isn't the out and out striker that Cooper wanted anyway.

There were other strikers available. Other championship clubs did sign strikers (Austin is an example but i assume his wages would be too high for us), Barnsley signed an American Daryl Dike from the MLS who looks a handful and has already got 5 goals.

So i don't know why we didn't get a striker. Cooper obviously wanted one.

I think we were all in on the guy from Southampton. Was very late in the window when he got injured, then it just becomes a case of signing someone like Gyokores who wouldn’t get in ahead of Ayew or Lowe anyway.

If you want to put a positive slant on it, it will speed up Whittakers progression.
Strikers on 09:45 - Mar 21 with 1839 viewsChief

Strikers on 09:43 - Mar 21 by swan_si

Didn't we have Michael Obafemi lined up from Southampton, he picked up an injury in training just before he was due to join us, could have been another MGW situation.

Yes. Although again i wouldn't class him as an out and out striker either.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Strikers on 09:55 - Mar 21 with 1825 viewsWhiterockin

One that got away Watters, how many games is he playing for Cardiff. Dodged a bullet with that one.
Strikers on 09:57 - Mar 21 with 1819 viewsonehunglow

Strikers on 05:31 - Mar 21 by builthjack

And this is the last parachute year.What next?

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Strikers on 09:58 - Mar 21 with 1817 views34dfgdf54

Strikers on 08:47 - Mar 21 by AndyCole

Says it all. Clueless.

Keith will you kindly f*ck off.
Strikers on 10:10 - Mar 21 with 1802 viewsonehunglow

Strikers on 09:58 - Mar 21 by 34dfgdf54

Keith will you kindly f*ck off.

Who does should belong to?

Strikers on 15:45 - Mar 21 with 1722 viewsReslovenSwan1

Watters has been banging them in in the U23 team at least. There are very many good target men in the lower leagues. Cooper generally prefers young prospects of elite class. Unfortuantly these are very hard to find. Whitaker is this type. The club could have gone in for a more experienced version of Goykeres who might have seen Swansea as a massive step up. Even Bayern Munchen play the big lump Chippo Moting who underwhelmed at Soke city.

I am no scout but these guys could al l do a job I am sure for buttons,. Remember Potter got a decent song out of Courtney Baker Richardson.

Charlie Wyke, Piggott, Malik Wilks, Valdane Oliver, Cameron Jerome, Kane Hemmings even Jamile Matt. They have all been around the houses but know their trade.

A shoulder here and unseen barge there an elbow a tangle of legs and push a commited header in the 6 yard box.
[Post edited 21 Mar 2021 15:53]

Wise sage since Toshack era

Strikers on 16:31 - Mar 21 with 1680 viewsGroo

Brentford could be used as an example, they lost their top scorer from last year and used a hefty chunk of the money they received to buy another goalscorer.

I honestly think the Ayew salary is the main reason we couldn't do likewise, we needed the money we made selling players to cover his reported salary.

Groo does what Groo does best

Strikers on 16:39 - Mar 21 with 1670 viewskrunchykarrot

Strikers on 16:31 - Mar 21 by Groo

Brentford could be used as an example, they lost their top scorer from last year and used a hefty chunk of the money they received to buy another goalscorer.

I honestly think the Ayew salary is the main reason we couldn't do likewise, we needed the money we made selling players to cover his reported salary.

Is the correct scenario, he's so good according to some that we are lucky to have kept him and he's on a mission. I think he is an average player at this level who is easily worked out by opposing sides, and has cost us dearly.
Strikers on 17:00 - Mar 21 with 1653 viewsCatullus

Strikers on 08:47 - Mar 21 by AndyCole

Says it all. Clueless.

Yeah, totally agree, saying we should have signed Bony is totally clueless. Maybe we should offer Trevor Ford a deal, he's only been inactive 17 years maybe he could still do a job.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Strikers on 17:01 - Mar 21 with 1648 viewsonehunglow

Strikers on 17:00 - Mar 21 by Catullus

Yeah, totally agree, saying we should have signed Bony is totally clueless. Maybe we should offer Trevor Ford a deal, he's only been inactive 17 years maybe he could still do a job.

And Cliff to give him the crosses.Cliff quicker than Bidsell,Manning and Hoolie at 85

Strikers on 18:08 - Mar 21 with 1600 viewsjack247

Strikers on 16:31 - Mar 21 by Groo

Yes, I think so.

They sold Watkins and Berahino, then spent £5m on Toney, plus the wage outlay a £5m player would demand.

Our trouble is we’ve sold most of our silver and when Ayew leaves, won’t have many £20m players left.
Strikers on 18:47 - Mar 21 with 1582 viewsjasper_T

Strikers on 18:08 - Mar 21 by jack247

Yes, I think so.

They sold Watkins and Berahino, then spent £5m on Toney, plus the wage outlay a £5m player would demand.

Our trouble is we’ve sold most of our silver and when Ayew leaves, won’t have many £20m players left.

Never will if the manager doesn't play them. Unless they're Chelsea's or Liverpool's, obviously.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024